No English Language Debate for Pauline Marois. Imagine !

Aug 5, 2012 Full story: cornwallfreenews.com 37

CFN Ė You have to love PQ leader Pauline Marois if you want language laws reviewed in Canada. Official bilingualism has cost our great country billions of dollars since implemention, but what itís chiefly done is create this special class of civil servant which grossly favours those with a French background.

The question is why? In Quebec Ms Marois feels quite comfy not bothering to show up for the English leadership debates. Recently it was reported that Quebecers will have to prove they can speak French before gaining English language services. Something despicable and punitive especially against the elderly.

If many of what Quebec does to English rights occurred in Canada to Francophone rights could you imagine the outcome?

Maybe itís time to simply say if this is what the largest French speaking population in Canada feels is best for its language and Culture that the rest of Canada do the same? If Ms Marois canít learn English proficiently after 30+ years in Politics why should it matter if a Canadian Prime Minister should speak French unless they are seeking that Francophone vote? Why should we offer at great cost services in the manner we currently do in remote parts of the country to limited amounts of people at great cost?

With digital translation & communication improving all of the time does it make sense to build French schools in remote locations like the Yukon?

etc..etc..etc..

What do you think ? You can post your comments on that site also.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NOTME

Moncton, Canada

#1 Aug 5, 2012
do not judge all the French speaking Canadians because of a few morrons that thinks they are better thasn others and beside the point HOW MANY TIMES DID IT HAPPEN IN REVERSE ..
ITHINK YOU SHOULD GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSE AND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO DESTROY WHAT WE HAVE IN CVANAD .YOU SHOULD TRY TO RESOLVED THE PROBLEM BY GIVING POSITIVES SUGGESTIONS TO BOTH SIDES ...

IT CALLED REAL JOURNALISM

“Greater Monckton News & Views”

Since: Apr 10

Monckton, NB

#2 Aug 5, 2012
NOTME wrote:
TRYING TO DESTROY WHAT WE HAVE IN CVANAD .
I think that you should at least learn how to use spell check.
NOTME

Moncton, Canada

#3 Aug 5, 2012
i think you should also do the same since moncton is the way to spell the name !!!!! jerk

“Greater Monckton News & Views”

Since: Apr 10

Monckton, NB

#4 Aug 5, 2012
My spell check recognizes 'Monckton'.

Does yours recognise " CVANAD " ?
NOTME

Moncton, Canada

#5 Aug 6, 2012
your spell check reconizes it because you modified it
i can do the same thing .....

no wonder anglo saxon are so brainwash
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#6 Aug 6, 2012
dumb dumb "monckton" is the original spelling....take YOUR head outa yer froggy arse and study history..and lets just hope that kebec will separate...
jim

Dollard-des-ormeaux, Canada

#7 Aug 6, 2012
''if many of what Quebec does to English rights occurred in Canada to Francophone rights could you imagine the outcome?''

Well that's the case in all provinces except NB.
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#8 Aug 6, 2012
yeah right jim...hope you clowns separate AU REVOIR
NOTME

Moncton, Canada

#9 Aug 7, 2012
Sauvons le franÁais en Acadie
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#10 Aug 7, 2012
ribit...
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#11 Aug 7, 2012
It's The PQ, What do you expect. They are a far cry different of what goes on in NB.

Quebecois = Acadien about as much as NB = Southern USA. Just beacause they're the same language doesn't mean much.
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#12 Aug 8, 2012
you have a point there....the kebecers hate everyone, especially acadians, whom they make fun of. Such nice people those kebecers
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#13 Aug 8, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
you have a point there....the kebecers hate everyone, especially acadians, whom they make fun of. Such nice people those kebecers
Kinda like me making fun of English people with french names.(I really don't) But it goes to show why languages should be protected. Look at the First Nation Populations. There are so many that are trying hard as hell to regain what was forced from them in terms of language and culture.

Same reason there are Irish Festivals and Scottish Festivals.

Since: Sep 10

Monckton

#14 Aug 8, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
But it goes to show why languages should be protected.
Protect your language all your want but do not expect the majority of taxpayers to pay for it.
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#15 Aug 8, 2012
its the first nations own fault, as they had a very lax immigration policy back in the day....
jim

#16 Aug 8, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
Seems that YOU have issues with quebecers and acadians. In Quebec, we love acadians. That's why, every year, we spin the tourism industry in NB during july.
However, I'm making a lot of fun of the stupid stuff you write.
jim

#17 Aug 8, 2012
Robert K Monckton wrote:
<quoted text>
Protect your language all your want but do not expect the majority of taxpayers to pay for it.
Are you a taxpayer?
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#18 Aug 8, 2012
Robert K Monckton wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm English; I would hope the majority pays for the majority.lol
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#19 Aug 8, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
its the first nations own fault, as they had a very lax immigration policy back in the day....
Wow, You are a FU%$king douche aren't ya. Don't even get me started on that topic you ignorant piece of shit.
In the Shadows

Moncton, Canada

#20 Aug 8, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
I'm assuming that this is just a bad joke, but something tells me it's not.Perhaps you can explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min barry 1,639
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 18 min positronium 11,471
Eugene Robinson: The Islamic State fight is tur... 27 min Foster 2
Berlusconi: Let's legalize gay civil unions 31 min Shirvell s Shrivel 7
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 37 min Jonah1 25,331
Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 1 hr Baaah 6,304
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... 1 hr litesong 42

Opinion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE