Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
11,981 - 12,000 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

From Chapter 9 of "Wife No. 19" by Ann Eliza Young

THE first years of life in a new country are full of hardships, peril, and adventure, and all these the Mormon people met.

I can remember listening in round-eyed wonder and terror at recitals of Indian atrocities, for we were surrounded by the wandering Southern tribes, and they were constantly thieving from us, and a murder was by no means an uncommon thing. When a man left home and failed to return, the general verdict, as a matter of course, was, "killed by the Indians." Did an exploring party visit the Territory, and fail to leave it again, their fate, if it was ever alluded to at all, was regarded as "massacred by Indians."

It is a significant fact that most of the persons who thus perished were Gentiles, apostates, or people who, for some reason or other, were suspected by, or disagreeable to, Brigham Young; and it came presently to be noticed that if anyone became tired of Mormonism, or impatient of the increasing despotism of the leader, and returned to the East, or started to do so, he invariably was met by the Indians and killed before he had gone very far.

The effect was to discourage apostasy, and there was no one but knew that the moment he announced his intention of leaving Zion and returning to "Babylon," he pronounced his death sentence. He was never discouraged from his plans, nor was any disapprobation of his course expressed. The faces were as friendly that he met every day, the voices just as kind; his hand was shaken at parting, and there was not a touch either of warning or sarcasm in the "God speed" and bon voyage. But he knew he was a lucky man if, in less than twenty-four hours after leaving Salt Lake City, he was not lying face downward on the cold earth, shot to death by an unerring rifle ball, while the stars looked sorrowfully down, silent witnesses, on this deed of inhuman butchery, and a man rode swiftly cityward, carrying the news of the midnight murder to his master, who had commanded him in the name of his religion to commit this deed, and send an innocent soul before its Maker. "Ah, poor fellow; killed by the Indians," said all his friends; but Brigham Young and Bill Hickman or "Port" Rockwell knew better.

The Indians have been convenient scapegoats and alternate allies and enemies to Brigham Young. But he has managed to make warfare, even with them, a profitable thing for himself.

The Indians are notoriously thievish; they will steal from each other, and from their very best friends. Civilization, even, doesn't seem to take the taint from their characters; they positively can't keep their hands off what doesn't belong to them.

As a matter of course, the Mormons, being their near neighbors, suffered very much from their depredations. They would often steal an ox, or, indeed, a large number of cattle, when . they could do so with comparative safety; the owners would soon be on their trail, and would pursue them until they reached them; and sometimes both Mormons and Indians would be killed.

To be continued...

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

On occasions like these a proclamation would be issued, by the "authorities," for the brethren to fit themselves out for a campaign of indefinite length for the purpose of quelling the "Indian disturbances," and suppressing the trouble; and Brigham, who always has an eve to the main chance, generally managed in some mysterious manner to make large sums of money out of these "wars," as they were called.

Sometimes the manner of the money-making was not at all mysterious. There is one case in particular which I have often heard spoken of by my mother and other Mormons, who would have disapproved of the proceedings, and even called them dishonest, had they dared; but none of them ventured to connect such an adjective as that to the Prophetic name.

At this particular time he became so very anxious for his people's welfare, and so earnest in his endeavors to "protect" their property, that he sent Captain William Walls, of Provo, with a company, to collect all the surplus stock from the settlements south of Salt Lake, and drive them into the city for safe-keeping, reserving only the necessary teams and the milch cows. The orders were very absolute to "drive every hoof that could be spared."

At Cedar City, Iron County, there were three men who as absolutely refused to give up their stock, as that was all they had to depend upon; for, being poor men, with large families, they naturally preferred to keep what property they had where they could look after it themselves, feeling certain that they would take quite as careful an interest in it as a stranger would.

The names of these rebellious men were Hunter, Keer, and Hadshead. They insisted upon defending their property, and the captain commanded them to be arrested and put in irons, and then he started with them for Salt Lake City, having previously secured all their stock. When they arrived at Parowan, they were chained together and confined in the school-house, there being no prison or jail in the place.

They were met by George A. Smith, who at that time was on a visit to the southern settlements; and he, thinking the men were treated with unnecessary harshness, ordered their irons taken off, and them set at liberty and allowed to return to their families - without their stock, however. These men, after suffering such indignities, could live among the Mormons no longer, and they left for California.

Their stock, with a large herd of cattle collected in that vicinity, was driven to Salt Lake City, where they remained until they were in proper order for sale, when Brigham sold every one of them to pay a large debt which he owed to Livingston and Kincade, Salt Lake merchants.

This was his somewhat novel method of "protection." The cattle, to be sure, were out of the reach of the Indians, but they were equally out of the reach of their lawful owners, who neither saw them again nor any money which accrued from the sale of them.

Some of the owners ventured to ask if they might be turned in for tithing, but the inspired Prophet of the Lord replied, "No; if you had kept them, the Indians would have stolen them, and you are as well off as you would have been if I had not taken them." So was he, and several hundred dollars better off, too.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
Sexually unethical behaviour is has never been acceptable in human society. Rape creates physical and mental scars, children that dwell in social limbo, and social trauma. For Mormons, Joseph Smithís transgressions caused lingering trauma, and apologising for those actions makes it worse. Joseph Smith may not have been as bad as a priest who abused 200 deaf boys, but heís worse than plenty of others who endured the consequences of their bad behaviour.
You are a rape apologist if you think that Joseph Smithís sexual transgressions have no impact on his credibility as the founder of Mormonism. It is hypocritical to think that abusive Catholic priests get what they deserve when they are publicly shamed, but that since Joseph Smith was founding The True Church his crimes can be overlooked. Even in our post-modern culture where consensual relationships between adults take many forms, everyone agrees that those relationships must be ethical. A religious leader leveraging his divine calling to get laid is not ethical. Defending that behaviour is just as bad.
http://mollymuses.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/ra...
And what she claims is the word of God to you as usual...you're a pathetic moron sometimes dude.
She said of herself, showing anger and negative man hating traits..."No. But my temple name is Miriam. Since Iím divorced and donít have a lord and master of my own,"...she judged her family as..."..when most of my family is still happily entrenched in the LDS Church and extremely hostile to ďapostates.Ē...so I am to believe her that every single member of her family has a character like you have against Mormons but they have against apostates? All of them mirrored Dana's, angry, hateful, foul mouthed to the core as Dana? Me thinks she exaggerates the characters of her entire family for an ill-purpose that serves her own hate and anger for Mormons. If she's willing to exaggerate truths to make her entire family out to be anti-apostate angry hate filled villains, what else will she write about and do the same to others to make exaggerated points? And you, jumping into your pathetic Mormon suit wants to believe every single anti-Mormon word she has to say as God's own truth.
She is even practiced at some Dana twists to make herself sound well and good of her opinions. Take the following...
"..told his male followers that their teenage daughters or legal wives needed to become his sexual partners.."...do note she seems confused with history and Smith. She isn't sure if Smith ordered all young teenage girls for sex slaves or, if Smith ordered their legal wives to be his sex slaves.
She is much like you dude. You should write her and slobber her with posts of gratitude for being such a righteous vixen as you no doubt see her.
She also wishes to believe like you, that in a dozen years Smith "bagged and shagged" at least 32 women but won't address how a guy doing all that shagging, only produced kids by one of those 32 women and teenage girls. She won't speak of how many of these wives Smith did for a dozen years that he didn't have kids with, went on to marry other men and suddenly were having 4 to 8 to 10 births during the rest of their lives.
You and she are two peas of a pod, pathetic moronic peas of a pod. You don't understand something so what do you do? You attack it instead of coming to understand it, so you can then attack what you don't agree with by strong evidence and facts.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
Sorry No Surprise, but I don't have to met you atrocity for atrocity. All I have to prove is that the Saints in Missouri brought the problem on to themselves. Mission accomplished. If they hadn't acted like a$$es, you would still be there today.
You have proved absolutely nothing as you think it's something. You pasted somethings that are general knowledge of both pro and con sides.
Unfortunately for you, you can't paste the statement of a governor that makes an apology for the past actions of a governor and people, concerning the atrocities they committed upon early Mormons by those good Christian people you so lovingly speak of, that this governor read information about from his own state historical archive vaults.
You still seem to validate 15 to 20 good Christian men raping Mormon women and or girls. And I only used three sources referencing those atrocities.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
Likewise, at the beginning of the Battle of Crooked River on 25 October 1838,
Concerning the Battle of Crooked River, there is never a right side in a battle/war where the results are death.
But historians pro and con do agree in general that the Battle of Crooked River happened because of the following summation...

The Battle of Crooked River followed soon after the forced removal of several hundred Latter-day Saints from De Witt in Carroll County, which occurred during the first part of October 1838. This expulsion marked essentially the third time a group of Latter-day Saints had been forced from their homes and lands in the state. The first forced exodus was from Jackson County in 1833, and the second was the politically negotiated removal from Clay and Ray counties to the newly created "Mormon" Caldwell County in 1836. Following the dislocation of the De Witt Saints, Missouri assailants continued to extend their threats against Latter-day Saints residing in Daviess County. But on this occasion. Church leaders decided to take decisive action to disperse their antagonists by removing the remaining handful of non-Mormons who continued to reside in Mormon-dominated Daviess County. They justified such aggressive actions because they clearly felt they had been pushed around long enough, and if they were forced to leave Carroll County, they should be entitled to occupy both Caldwell and Daviess counties exclusively.
The immediate events surrounding the Battle of Crooked River essentially began on 23 October, when Reverend Samuel Bogart wrote a letter to Major General David R. Atchison, supreme commander of the state militia in northwestern Missouri. That letter informed Atchison that Bogart and his Ray County troops would patrol the line between Ray and Caldwell counties because "The Mormons have burnt Gallatin and Mill Port, and have ravaged Daviess county... and they have threatened to burn Buncombe and Elk Horn and have been seen near and on the line between Ray and Caldwell." [Alex L. Baugh, "The Batle Between Mormon and Missouri Militia," Arnold Garr and Clark Johnson, eds., BYU Regional Studies in Latter-day Saint Church History, Missouri (Provo, UT: Department of Church History and Doctrine, BYU University, 1994), 85-86].

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
And what she claims is the word of God to you as usual...you're a pathetic moron sometimes dude.
She said of herself, showing anger and negative man hating traits..."No. But my temple name is Miriam. Since Iím divorced and donít have a lord and master of my own,"...she judged her family as..."..when most of my family is still happily entrenched in the LDS Church and extremely hostile to ďapostates.Ē...so I am to believe her that every single member of her family has a character like you have against Mormons but they have against apostates? All of them mirrored Dana's, angry, hateful, foul mouthed to the core as Dana? Me thinks she exaggerates the characters of her entire family for an ill-purpose that serves her own hate and anger for Mormons. If she's willing to exaggerate truths to make her entire family out to be anti-apostate angry hate filled villains, what else will she write about and do the same to others to make exaggerated points? And you, jumping into your pathetic Mormon suit wants to believe every single anti-Mormon word she has to say as God's own truth.
She is even practiced at some Dana twists to make herself sound well and good of her opinions. Take the following...
"..told his male followers that their teenage daughters or legal wives needed to become his sexual partners.."...do note she seems confused with history and Smith. She isn't sure if Smith ordered all young teenage girls for sex slaves or, if Smith ordered their legal wives to be his sex slaves.
She is much like you dude. You should write her and slobber her with posts of gratitude for being such a righteous vixen as you no doubt see her.
She also wishes to believe like you, that in a dozen years Smith "bagged and shagged" at least 32 women but won't address how a guy doing all that shagging, only produced kids by one of those 32 women and teenage girls. She won't speak of how many of these wives Smith did for a dozen years that he didn't have kids with, went on to marry other men and suddenly were having 4 to 8 to 10 births during the rest of their lives.
You and she are two peas of a pod, pathetic moronic peas of a pod. You don't understand something so what do you do? You attack it instead of coming to understand it, so you can then attack what you don't agree with by strong evidence and facts.
I do understand a pervert using and abusing the good name of the Lord to get his rocks off. But call me "pathetic moron" again if it helps. He didn't marry them to shake their hands. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proved absolutely nothing as you think it's something. You pasted somethings that are general knowledge of both pro and con sides.
Unfortunately for you, you can't paste the statement of a governor that makes an apology for the past actions of a governor and people, concerning the atrocities they committed upon early Mormons by those good Christian people you so lovingly speak of, that this governor read information about from his own state historical archive vaults.
You still seem to validate 15 to 20 good Christian men raping Mormon women and or girls. And I only used three sources referencing those atrocities.
The statement of the governor has nothing to do with the events of 1838. And you validate Smith sticking his dick in anything that moved.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement of the governor has nothing to do with the events of 1838. And you validate Smith sticking his dick in anything that moved.
You are so creepy its just nasty... I've heard gay people don't care who they offend because life is all about them.

You are proving that with the way you talk.

You are just creepy, nasty, and a pervert.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

Mormonism in action..

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/54513411-...

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
Mormon women in burka's, the time is coming.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand a pervert using and abusing the good name of the Lord to get his rocks off. But call me "pathetic moron" again if it helps. He didn't marry them to shake their hands. LOL!!!
When you jump on someone's band wagon because you think it fits your cause, without checking them and or there sources, that's acting like a pathetic moron.
I sent a message to "Molly" asking why they support a theory not rooted by facts but rumors and weak evidence. I gave them the same information I have given you to consider. I will tell you if they reply.
You and everyone else(as even I believed one time)have a theory and no biological evidence to support it. I did the smart thing and stopped supporting that theory. If the theory actually had biological evidence, that would have been one thing. But there is none. And to support any theory that has no facts and claim the theory is based on facts is an out right moronic, pathetic self indulged lie. Get it yet? Eh?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol....you're a fricking moronic mentally challenged idiot at times like now...lol. You're the one that ATTEMPTS to validate smith sexing up 30+ women for over a dozen years and only impregnates ONE...lolol.....fricking stupid, mentally challenged idiotic reasoning but definitely par for the course for you dude!
Next, the governor of Missouri apologized because he read historical facts of the atrocities committed on the Mormons. He didn't apologize for something that didn't happen so people could call him an idiot, fricking read his statement shallow mind lol.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol....you're a fricking moronic mentally challenged idiot at times like now...lol. You're the one that ATTEMPTS to validate smith sexing up 30+ women for over a dozen years and only impregnates ONE...lolol.....fricking stupid, mentally challenged idiotic reasoning but definitely par for the course for you dude!
Next, the governor of Missouri apologized because he read historical facts of the atrocities committed on the Mormons. He didn't apologize for something that didn't happen so people could call him an idiot, fricking read his statement shallow mind lol.
I don't have to validate that Smith was a sexual predator. The facts are there. If he wasn't screwing his "wives" he wouldn't have had to hide it from Emma. That is a fact. But you keep pretending, I don't care what hissy fits you throw.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

From Chapter 10 of "Wife No. 19 by Ann Eliza Young:

A merchant of Salt Lake City, an Englishman named Jarvis, was suspected of being cool in the faith, and to have little or no sympathy with the fanatical proceedings which attended the Reformation and formed its chief feature. His store was entered one evening by Saints in disguise, he was pulled over the Counter by the hair of his head, dragged into the street and thrown into the snow, his store plundered, all the money taken away, his house set on fire, and his two wives barely given time to escape with their children. As an excuse for all this he was accused of having "spoken against the authorities, and had entertained Gentiles at supper."

One of the wives of Mr. Jarvis wrote quite a thrilling account to some of her English friends respecting their treatment; and as her story is so simply and yet plainly told, I shall insert it here, as being the best description I can give of it and similar scenes. It is dated from " Weston, Missouri," the August following the year of the Reformation.

"After Mr. Grimshaw left Salt Lake, Mr. Jarvis made known to Brigham Young his intention to leave the Territory and return to the States, with his reasons for so doing; but his letter was never answered. Brigham made some allusion to it in public, which seemed to convey the idea that he approved of the course Mr. Jarvis had taken, rather than try to leave clandestinely. From that time we began to dispose of our property, and draw everything into as small a compass as possible. As the winter drew on, various reports were circulated ; such as, that we intended to dispose of our large house to the soldiers, and were buying grain to store it for them. This is a `capital' offence in the Salt Lake Valley, for the Mormons protest that no Soldier shall sleep in Salt Lake City one night. It was also said that Mr. Jarvis had sworn to take the life of President Young that be was boarding States officers at his house; and many more such stories, as strange and unlikely as they were untrue; for when Mr. Jarvis wrote to President Young, he made the offer of all or any part of his property to him first, if he chose to purchase it, and told him that he would rather sell it to the church than to any one else. Time passed on, and we heard some whispers that something dreadful was going to happen to us; but we thought little about it, and felt perfectly safe, until the 13th of January, 1857. when, at half past six in the evening, a man knocked at the front door, which was locked, and asked for some trifling article out of the shop. While Mr. Jarvis was attending to him, two men walked in and hastily stepped up to him. One of them caught him by the hair and by the collar, and pulled him across the counter, saying,`You are my prisoner.' Mr. Jarvis said,`For what? If you have any charge against me, I will go where you wish.' To this no answer was returned but oaths and curses. They dragged him on the ground some distance, and then brought him back into the doorway, all the time trying to strangle him, and threatening to shoot him if he made any noise. One of them made a desperate kick at him but missed his aim.

To be continued...

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

"In the mean time Betsey and I were undressing the children; and hearing sounds of heavy footsteps and muttering undertones of strange voices and persons struggling in the passage, we looked at each other, and rushed to the door, each with a child in our arms. I succeeded in pulling open the room door in the passage, but I had no sooner done so than a man who was holding the door knocked me back into the room, flat upon the floor, with the baby in my arms, and, shutting the door again, held it fast. Instantly I laid the baby on the carpet, and, with all my strength, forced open the door, and found myself surrounded by a number of ruffians.- I believe five or six,- who were all in time dark, for they had extinguished the candle, and I calling aloud for Mr. Jarvis several minutes. In the end he, gasping for breath, answered me.

When I found where he was, I made a desperate rush at the man who was holding him, and the fellow, lifting up his hand, let go his hold of him, and he darted out of the open door like lightning, across the street, and round the corner to a neighbor's house to obtain assistance. He got to the door almost exhausted, and begged for help; but no one dared come until the master of the house, who was absent, returned. They fetched him, and when he heard the particulars of the attack made upon us, he said,`Sir, you must leave my house instantly. I have no sympathy for you. I would not protect my own father under the same circumstances.' Mr. Jarvis said,`What have I done?' The man replied,`You have done plenty; you covenanted to serve the Lord, and you are serving the devil, and I should not be surprised to see you with your throat cut.'

"After Mr. Jarvis had made his escape from the fiends, I turned to enter the house again, firmly believing that some of them were in pursuit of him, and begged to know of the men on the spot what they wanted. On. stepping forward to enter the door, I found it guarded by a man on each side, who pushed me backward into the snow. I rose and again attempted to enter the house, but was prevented in like manner, when I saw Mrs. M. coming out with the babies in their night-gowns, one under each arm, to carry them to a place of safety. When I found I could not, after several such attempts, force an entrance, I ran round to the back door and got in, but no sooner was I in than out again. I was tossed by the same ruthless hands as before. Many a time I was knocked down in the way I have described; and one of my front teeth was loosened, and my limbs most mercilessly bruised.

"Finding I could not enter to ascertain the state of affairs in the house, I determined to let the neighborhood know, and for many minutes stood shouting for help, until I was exhausted. I could hear that the windows were all being broken, and the furniture destroyed; when I was appalled by hearing Mrs. M. shriek out,`0, Mrs. Jarvis. the house is on fire!' I instantly ran in desperation, and got in at the back part of the shop,- and 0, my dear sister, what a scene! Flames and smoke up to the ceiling; the goods in the store, or shop, burning; and two men, almost suffocated, still intent upon the work of destruction - carrying lighted paper, and setting fire to everything that would burn!

To be continued...

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

"The thoughts of my three boys sleeping up stairs; my husband, I knew not where,- perhaps murdered,- and seeing no hope of saving the house - for three rooms were then burning; the thought that to-morrow I and my children would have no home, no shelter, and be penniless, with the snow two feet deep, and not a friend that dare open the door to us,- they dare not do it, however much disposed they might be; for they were threatened with the same, and were told that if they heard the cry of fire they were to take no notice; all these things rushing into my mind at once, I grew desperate, and forced my way in at the front door, and implored the ruffians to let me fetch my children clown stairs. They muttered,`There's none of them there.' I said,`Yes, they are asleep in bed.' Then he said,`Go.' On passing Up stairs, I saw on one side the shop in flames, and the room, the furniture and windows broken, and our clothes scattered about, on fire. I shrieked out, when a man caught me by the throat, and I had to gasp for breath. I saved my children in their night-dresses, and the oldest had to run out with the snow up to his hips.

"When we found that the villains were gone, we put out the fire, throwing water upon it; and on one shelf was a large canister of gunpowder, within six inches of the flame, of which I did not know. I saved the house from being blown up, but I got my hands severely burned. Four large windows were broken out, one dozen chairs and a table destroyed; a stove and three tables broken; carpets, clothes, and goods burned in the store; and many silver watches and other substantial things stolen. making the damage sustained amount to nearly eight hundred dollars. Every day after was a living death,- a dying daily. We were never safe for an hour. When we appealed to the authorities, they advised us to be quiet about it, and `let it slide.' And so we did; for we could obtain no redress.

"The outrage upon us was never mentioned in the newspaper. We had to pocket the insult, and bear the loss; and now we are thankful we are out of it. We exchanged our property for land in the States, hired conveyances, and left on the 22d of April. We are now at Weston, eight miles from Leavenworth, where we arrived without any interruption; but we suffered greatly from the heat. We shall remain here till Mr. Jarvis makes arrangements for our future abode."

My father knew these people well in England; they were from Leeds, where they were highly respected. I have met them quite recently in Burlington, Iowa, where they are living in very comfortable circumstances. They have outgrown all tendencies towards Mormonism, and are now among its bitterest opponents.

This outrage is somewhat remarkable, because it was unattended by bloodshed,- a most extraordinary circumstance, when so many were killed outright who had sinned as Mr. Jarvis had. Innocent people suffered, and at that time, no Gentile was safe in the Mormon territory.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to validate that Smith was a sexual predator. The facts are there. If he wasn't screwing his "wives" he wouldn't have had to hide it from Emma. That is a fact. But you keep pretending, I don't care what hissy fits you throw.
The truth is there are no facts whatsoever that prove Smith to be a sexual predator. It is merely a fantasy you've created in your own mind. Most likely due to your own struggle with perversion.

That you are so obsessed with the sex life of a guy who's been dead for well over a century and a half is an indication.

I've long believed you need professional help. The more I read of your "interests", the more convinced I am that I am correct.
Chris

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

fedupwiththemess wrote:
I do. They do not go by the bible nor does the bible mention mormonism it it. They have created a so called "extension" or another book of the bible calling it the book of mormon. Mormonism was created by a horny man wanting to screw more than one woman so he made it up saying GOD told him to do so. Women fell for it.
IF you believe in Christ and his word you ARE without doubt a Christian. Mormons believe in Christ. His sinless life. His eternal selfless sacrifice that is the only way to Heaven. Mormons believe in all of Christs teachings and recognize Christ as THE authority of divinity and any teacher who teaches by his Holy Spirit is only a mouth piece to the public in his Holy behalf. Mormons teach all of the ten commandments and have a study class each Sunday to expound verses and chapters from the bible. Part of being Christian is to act and speak in holiness before the Lord. Please do so about our fellow Christians who claim to strive to be Latter-day Saints. The Christians in the Bible were called saints as well. We need to come together in the unity of the faith. This is what the Bible teaches.
TruthHere

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is there are no facts whatsoever that prove Smith to be a sexual predator. It is merely a fantasy you've created in your own mind. Most likely due to your own struggle with perversion.
That you are so obsessed with the sex life of a guy who's been dead for well over a century and a half is an indication.
I've long believed you need professional help. The more I read of your "interests", the more convinced I am that I am correct.
Warren Jeffs could have used you as a lawyer. All cults have some type of sexual perversion in them.
The first thing Jim Jones did when he got his followers to Jonestown, Guyana was to dissolve all marriages an pair off different ones to different people.
David Koresh, Branch Davidian, started having sex with all the little girls in his cult saying God wanted him to fill the world with his offspring.
ALL cults ALWAYS have some type of sexual perversion.
TruthHere

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

I well say one thing. If all you Morons would go back to having all the sex with many wives or girlfriends you wanted in the church, you would get many more members.
Oh, that's right God told you to stop it. Funny how God told you to stop it at the exact same time Utah was trying to become a state and wouldn't be allowed to unless the Morons promised to stop with all the group sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Opinion Forum right now

Search the Opinion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 39 min Richies Cool Man Diary 8,450
Vote no on Wayne RESA school millage 56 min kevin 1
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Ukraine on the brink 2 hr Karmarim 42
Ukraine false flag planned? Is NATO preparing f... 2 hr Oliver Cromwell 21
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 2 hr Squach 9,400
Persecution 3 hr uss liberty 20
•••
•••