Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 Full story: www.smh.com.au 25,315

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10647 Aug 10, 2012
Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of precision, you've made 865 posts, but we're still guessing about what the hell you are trying to say.
Not for Atlanta:

I register that again he is violating my boundaries. I want to ask you what to do with that. If you say burn the message, I do it. Thanks
Atlanta

El Segundo, CA

#10649 Aug 10, 2012
tuckerbox wrote:
<quoted text>why not make a quiet exit the both you and leave this forum for the pope???? bunch of hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!
I put your message on the fire and burn it.
Blake

Pekin, IL

#10651 Aug 10, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be smoking some very potent stuff.
Where did I ever claim to be a Jew or to have any links to Judaism? The Jews had a rough time up to the end of WW2 but what Israel has done since then is horrendous.
Hitler was a homosexual? That's a new one to me.
Charles Taze Russell who started the Jehovah's Witnesses was a fraudster & womanizer. Joseph Smith who started the Mormons was a convicted fraudster who had no shame about screwing over his own brethren. Neither of those two religions should have any credibility to any thinking person.
As for the Bible, I asked you in a recent post for specific detail about Leviticus. It seems that you cannot give an answer.
You are of course a liar. Smith was never convicted of anything. http://www.shields-research.org/General/LDS_L...

You also of course lied about Russell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Rus...

You try to change the subject. You try to introduce unrelated lies.

Do you think this somehow covers up the FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments???
Atlanta

El Segundo, CA

#10652 Aug 10, 2012
tuckerbox wrote:
<quoted text>thankyou for your kind words, they mean as much to me as do politics! load of bushwackkkkkkk, bulldust and horsemanure! have a nice day sir/madame!
You have a nice day also madame!

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#10654 Aug 10, 2012
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so, since he implied that is an expert on Leviticus, he can choose to enlighten us or abuse us.
The ball's in his court.
I'm waiting as well.

I wonder if he made his wife (before she left him) sleep in a shed while on her monthly bleed?

It's in Leviticus!

LOL........

The Mountain Empire

#10655 Aug 10, 2012
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>You are of course a liar. Smith was never convicted of anything. http://www.shields-research.org/General/LDS_L...
You also of course lied about Russell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Rus...
You try to change the subject. You try to introduce unrelated lies.
Do you think this somehow covers up the FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments???
Leviticus 19:27
Donít round your hair at the temples or mar the edges of your beard.

The Mountain Empire

#10656 Aug 10, 2012
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how many of you anti-Christian bigot homofascists are or were Jews. Do you think your anti-Christian bigotry and hate is somehow more noble that antisemitism?
I warned you that the explanation would go over your head, since it discusses a book you've never read yet are openly bigoted against. The thread topic clearly labels the discussion as having to do with the Christian Bible, though centuries of Jewish teaching and practice also support early commands against homosexual behavior.
I don't think you have any honest interest in clearing your ignorance, but on the odd chance that you or a reader might, perhaps this will help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Leviticu...
There is really no room for honest doubt about the Bible's many strong condemnations and prohibitions against all homosexual acts, found in crystal clear language in both Testaments. No one has been able to cite any Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places these condemnations in question.
LMJAO!

- from a Jew
Blake

Pekin, IL

#10657 Aug 10, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you a link that could help cure your ignorance of Leviticus. Obviously it was over your head.

The topic here is the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior. Even if you don't understand how part of Leviticus applied to priests and a separate Isreal, you have plenty of other prohibitions in other books. Most are actually in the New Testament.

The Mountain Empire

#10658 Aug 10, 2012
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you a link that could help cure your ignorance of Leviticus. Obviously it was over your head.
The topic here is the Bible's many commands against all homosexual behavior. Even if you don't understand how part of Leviticus applied to priests and a separate Isreal, you have plenty of other prohibitions in other books. Most are actually in the New Testament.
LMAO!

Contradict yourself much?

What did Jesus say about the subject - nothing!

Side burn shaver........
Blake

Pekin, IL

#10659 Aug 10, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Contradict yourself much?
What did Jesus say about the subject - nothing!
Side burn shaver........
Wrong!

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10660 Aug 10, 2012
*YAWN*

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, CA.

#10661 Aug 10, 2012
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
again.. what is your point about posting words of men?..

What did GOD say about all this?.. NUT!

Location hidden

#10662 Aug 10, 2012
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you a link that could help cure your ignorance of Leviticus. Obviously it was over your head.
I think it is a strange way to communicate. If other people doesn't understand him, shouldn't he then explain what he means and answer questions instead of blaming them?

Just observing.
Robert

Pekin, IL

#10664 Aug 10, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you choose to live in open rebellion against the *GOD* revealed in the Bible and reject His Work, just what 'god' are you speaking of and what is your source of information about him/her/it?

Location hidden

#10665 Aug 10, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
God never said anything.
Aaron

Pekin, IL

#10666 Aug 10, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
God never said anything.
Wrong:

Location hidden

#10667 Aug 10, 2012
Not for Atlanta:

How will it go with Atlanta? It might go terribly bad. Terribel might his fate be?

Or, what do you think guys?

Hollywood, CA.

#10668 Aug 10, 2012
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong:
WRONG

Timothy, Romans, Levitiucs,.,,,

AGAIN where did GOD endorse this?..

If you can't state what GOD said,, then get lost..

Hollywood, CA.

#10669 Aug 10, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
God never said anything.
I don't know where He sees in his posts "GOD: 15:5.5 etc etc

Its all men and group names

Location hidden

#10671 Aug 10, 2012
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong:
You must prove God exists first. Your argument is based upon circular reasoning. The Bible cannot be used to prove God's existence. All we can be certain of is that the Bible is written by man and is therefore man's word of God.

Best Wishes.

NEXT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Opinion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 12 min Frankie Rizzo 1,562
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 1 hr Squach 11,463
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... 3 hr Earthling-1 37
Leonard Pitts: Some pale Americans refuse to se... (Sep '07) 3 hr razorback 5
Islam for peace, or violence? 11 hr Thinking 54
Remember the Humanity of Jahi McMath (Jan '14) 11 hr hornback12 20
Obama must take action on LGBT rights overseas 12 hr yehoshooah adam 11

Opinion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE