Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments (Page 467)

Showing posts 9,321 - 9,340 of24,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Seth

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting points. So you are also talking about using our gifts.
The Bible is an excellent measure to see if your 'gifts' are of God or not. If they lead you away from God's Teachings, they are not of God.

The Bible of course repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Seth wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is an excellent measure to see if your 'gifts' are of God or not. If they lead you away from God's Teachings, they are not of God.
The Bible of course repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments.
In order to prove that homosexuality is a sin, first you have to prove these in order:

1. That there's a god, using evidence which is testable and objectively verifiable.
2. That this god is interested in what humans do.
3. That the ideology you attribute to this god is the correct one.
4. That this deity created a concept called "sin".
5. That the creator of the concept of sin specifically communicated that homosexuality is a sin.

Start with #1, and good luck. Be objective. Use empirical evidence, not ontological arguments.
The Drooling Porky Pig

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Tooth Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
That quarter wasn't for your tooth.
That was for the clumsy bloejobb.
You knew me when you blew me.
Seth

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to prove that homosexuality is a sin, first you have to prove these in order:
1. That there's a god, using evidence which is testable and objectively verifiable.
5. That the creator of the concept of sin specifically communicated that homosexuality is a sin.
Start with #1, and good luck. Be objective. Use empirical evidence, not ontological arguments.
If you didn't believe that homosexual behavior was serious sin, you wouldn't obsess on posting on Bible threads, consider yourself waste water, and post hate.
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>So you think you can ignore what the Bible actually says and have any rational discussion on the topic?
Dope!
he already did. and zinged you. and got it right from the get-go.

3-fer-3. the boy's batting a thousand!
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Seth wrote:
<quoted text>If you didn't believe that homosexual behavior was serious sin, you wouldn't obsess on posting on Bible threads, consider yourself waste water, and post hate.
so why do you obsess about homosexual acts?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Seth wrote:
<quoted text>If you didn't believe that homosexual behavior was serious sin, you wouldn't obsess on posting on Bible threads, consider yourself waste water, and post hate.
1. I don't believe being homosexual is a sin.

2. There is no such thing as homosexual behavior.

3. Projection. You are the one obsessing about this.

4. Your statement is meant to hurt me. That is hate. What I said lacks hatred. Disagreement and hate have much different meanings.

Try again. You didn't even get to #1 on the list.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
so why do you obsess about homosexual acts?
I don't even know what homosexual acts are, do you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Didn't Jesus say the following?

"There is NOTHING from without a man, that entering into him can defile him"

Therefore, if there is such a thing as a homosexual act, then Jesus himself said it was most certainly NOT sinful.
heartandmind

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what homosexual acts are, do you?
i guess that's the next question for ol' chumly.

maybe....umm....shakespear? afterall, every shakespearan play i've seen, there's dudes in tights and slippers.

LOL.
Brett

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't believe being homosexual is a sin.
2. There is no such thing as homosexual behavior.
3. Projection. You are the one obsessing about this.
4. Your statement is meant to hurt me. That is hate. What I said lacks hatred. Disagreement and hate have much different meanings.
Try again. You didn't even get to #1 on the list.
If you didn't believe that homosexual behavior was serious sin, you wouldn't obsess on posting on Bible threads, consider yourself waste water, and post hate.

You are paranoid. God's Word is not intended to 'hurt' you. It is intended to save you from horrible suffering both in this life and in the next.

The Bible clearly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments. You know that well enough!
Manito Filth

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess that's the next question for ol' chumly.
maybe....umm....shakespear? afterall, every shakespearan play i've seen, there's dudes in tights and slippers.
LOL.
You mean the Manito Filth?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Brett wrote:
You are paranoid. God's Word is not intended to 'hurt' you. It is intended to save you from horrible suffering both in this life and in the next.
The Bible clearly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments. You know that well enough!
1. Projection. You are the one obsessing. I don't care about sin.

2. There is no such thing as God's Word. Especially Leviticus written by the priests, and Paul's (Saulian) ideology.

3. The Bible is a tautology. By using it they way you do, you actually refute yourself.

Try again. You didn't even get to #1 with your ontological arguments.
Brett

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Projection. You are the one obsessing. I don't care about sin.
2. There is no such thing as God's Word. Especially Leviticus written by the priests, and Paul's (Saulian) ideology.
3. The Bible is a tautology. By using it they way you do, you actually refute yourself.
Try again. You didn't even get to #1 with your ontological arguments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Brett wrote:
1. Projection. I believe no such thing.

2. Projection. There is no such thing as God's Word. Why would I be afraid of something which obviously doesn't exist.

3. Irrelevant ontological argument.

Start with #1, and good luck. Be objective. Use empirical evidence, not ontological arguments

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting points. So you are also talking about using our gifts.
Yep, that follows with the story of the man who buried his talent out of fear.

I believe that the opposite of love is fear.

Those who fear God don't know Him.

People like David, who uses his fear of God (and he deserves to fear) are working for the opposite team.

Doesn't matter to me what religion someone is, or if they are none at all, Love is the most powerful thing we as humans can do..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
People like David, who uses his fear of God (and he deserves to fear) are working for the opposite team.
Doesn't matter to me what religion someone is, or if they are none at all, Love is the most powerful thing we as humans can do..
Well said. It is amazing when I come here and find someone who actually knows Scripture.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, might be. When I observe Manito I observe a man that cannot communicate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your statement my friend. Manito communicates he has a closed mind. He communicates his arrogant beliefs. He communicates his disdain for anyone who disagrees with his ideology.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I right when I told you what would happen? I have been feeding his obsession as you can plainly see.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,321 - 9,340 of24,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••