Assad wants dialogue among Syrians

Full story: News24

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Nice to know that Assad is still open to a diplomatic discourse.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Syrian wrote:
It's a bit late for that, after shelling the shit out of them, attacking them with gunships, etc...
Not very convincing...
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit late for that, after shelling the shit out of them, attacking them with gunships, etc...
Not very convincing...
Unless there is diplomacy, way more Syrians will be killed than have already been. It is always better to have diplomacy instead of continued bloodshed.
rio

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Unless there is diplomacy, way more Syrians will be killed than have already been. It is always better to have diplomacy instead of continued bloodshed.
I really don't think that anybody wants to negotiate with Assad by now.
After almost a year of slaughter, all the opposition wants is his departure and the unconditional surrender of his government.
He may suffer the same end Ghadaffi had; summary execution by a lynching mob. That's the way tyrants go ...
Diplomacy means that you have something to offer; we have seen what Assad can dish to his people.
Oliver Cromwell

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think that anybody wants to negotiate with Assad by now.
After almost a year of slaughter, all the opposition wants is his departure and the unconditional surrender of his government.
He may suffer the same end Ghadaffi had; summary execution by a lynching mob. That's the way tyrants go ...
Diplomacy means that you have something to offer; we have seen what Assad can dish to his people.
That so called opposition have refused to talk since the start,Hitlery clinton told them to keep on fighting,the syrian army should continue exterminating those bastards and any foreign wahabi head choppers should be shot on the spot.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
That so called opposition have refused to talk since the start,Hitlery clinton told them to keep on fighting,the syrian army should continue exterminating those bastards and any foreign wahabi head choppers should be shot on the spot.
I suppose that you are going to tell us that Assad is such a nice guy next?
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! No matter how many innocent people may die, the rebel's foreign manipulators want them to keep up the fighting and the bloodshed. It's the only thing that will serve their agenda.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly! No matter how many innocent people may die, the rebel's foreign manipulators want them to keep up the fighting and the bloodshed. It's the only thing that will serve their agenda.
Same as in Libya: the people want Assad to go. The bloodshed, for which he is responsible, seems to be the price they are ready to pay for it.
The Ba'ath Party has no legitimacy in Syria, not more than it had in Irak. All these dictators are doomed to meet the same fate.
Oliver Cromwell

Liverpool, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that you are going to tell us that Assad is such a nice guy next?
No i am not,for one thing i don't know the man,what i do know is his country is under attack from those Imperialist pigs,just like yugoslavia was and Iraq,and Libya,you sound like you go along with all that aggression.
jo jo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as in Libya: the people want Assad to go. The bloodshed, for which he is responsible, seems to be the price they are ready to pay for it.
The Ba'ath Party has no legitimacy in Syria, not more than it had in Irak. All these dictators are doomed to meet the same fate.
Assad was open for dialogue and reforms from day one , but the rebels with the backing of the west insisted that he must go before any reforms knowing it's just going to increase the violence and bloodshed, their was no other motive for their insistence .For those who chose this scenario instead of dialogue are just as much as guilty if not more for the loss of life.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
No i am not,for one thing i don't know the man,what i do know is his country is under attack from those Imperialist pigs,just like yugoslavia was and Iraq,and Libya,you sound like you go along with all that aggression.
I don't know about "imperialist pigs", nor if their importance isn't blown out of proportion.
All I know is that for a country to move forwards towards more freedom and - hopefully- some form of democracy, it must first overthrow the tyrant who oppresses it. That's what the Syrian opposition is working at.
That seems obvious, and that's the only course of action.
You don't "deal" with dictators, you don't negotiate with them.
The Assad family has ruled Syria with ruthlessness for decades, suppressing dissent and jailing opponents to torture them at will. The Ba'ath government is one of the most repressive, and has to go.
Now, it's up to the insurgents to keep their country their own after they depose their oppressor, and not let anyone from outside to hijack their revolution.
Revolutions have a tendency to attract foreign interference anyway, and this Syrian uprising is no different.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

jo jo wrote:
<quoted text>Assad was open for dialogue and reforms from day one , but the rebels with the backing of the west insisted that he must go before any reforms knowing it's just going to increase the violence and bloodshed, their was no other motive for their insistence .For those who chose this scenario instead of dialogue are just as much as guilty if not more for the loss of life.
I don't belive that a dictator suddenly is sincere and open for dialogue; Assad wants to gain time and stay in power.
The aim of a revolution cannot be to keep in power an oppressive regime, but to overthrow it. Freedom comes at a price.
had enuff

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't belive that a dictator suddenly is sincere and open for dialogue; Assad wants to gain time and stay in power.
The aim of a revolution cannot be to keep in power an oppressive regime, but to overthrow it. Freedom comes at a price.
You are right, he will NEVER be open to dialogue with scumbags that are doing the atrocities and the killings to innocent people. It is funny that everyone talks only of the killings that the regime is doing but not of the other side. The Assad regime should not and must not enter into any dialogue with anyone, until they clean Syria of all the western backed scum, and stop the interference of America in any country if wants to.
jo jo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop dreaming and brain washing freaks, the only way forward is a dialogue,otherwise more and more people will die, from your reply it's obvious human life has no value for you.if Assad didn't have strong support from the Syrian people this would have been over long time ago.Innocent people are dying and suffering because bunch of politicians and war mongerers want to destabilize Syria.it's funny how some people think that this is about freedom/democracy ...LOL..far from it, the only freedom these rebel/terrorists want is to loot,kill and rob people.in any case good luck in your unrealistic dreams...LOL.., it's a shame every day more and more people are dying and the only way to stop that is a dialogue..
aussie

Epping, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

jo jo you are right, I dont care what anyone says because they dont know the truth.I speak to relatives in syria on a regular basis, The so called rebels are not syrians, over 70% of them are paid criminals sent into the country to destroy the last remaining decent Arabic country, The terrorists are driving the christians and others out of syria so they can turn the country into a Shariea law country and put Syria back into the dark ages, whether we like the present Government or not, It is surely a lot better than what could come next.
Bill

Friedrichroda, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Syria is cool, fine country, almost secular and with religious tolerance and this Assad has really done much good for Syrins. It cannot be that some stupid, brainwashed foreign rebels paid by issrael and usa and maybe some other criminal morons like saudi arabia, turkey ( global axe of evil )ruin and demolish country, because they donīt wish another president because netabnyahu or criminal bastards just like these ussmanic repubs or this turkey sh or eternal criminal king if saudis wish it.
Assad and his government were good for Syria and Syrians, country was not very poor, there were no extremal poverty, these people have done really much good for Syria and Syrians.
Bill

Friedrichroda, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

it is apparently good that he wants to make dialogue.
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Bill wrote:
Syria is cool, fine country, almost secular and with religious tolerance and this Assad has really done much good for Syrins. It cannot be that some stupid, brainwashed foreign rebels paid by issrael and usa and maybe some other criminal morons like saudi arabia, turkey ( global axe of evil )ruin and demolish country, because they donīt wish another president because netabnyahu or criminal bastards just like these ussmanic repubs or this turkey sh or eternal criminal king if saudis wish it.
Assad and his government were good for Syria and Syrians, country was not very poor, there were no extremal poverty, these people have done really much good for Syria and Syrians.
So should they leave a murdering dictator who kills his own people because he's done such a great job?? 20,000 plus and counting! Syria was such a peaceful country as long as everyone obeyed your hero Assad!! They got sick and tired of it!! Hey dummy! It started out with bottles and rocks!! Then your hero Assad used Rockets, grenades, tanks, aircraft? Get real and get a clue!! 20,000 plus of his own people murdered at the hands of your hero Assad! Do you see very many Syrians from Syria Posting?? That's because Assad has a short leash on everyone!! Funny how you clowns live in a country that grants you all the freedom in the world to write your nonsense. The Syrian people have no freedom so what do you clowns do? You stand up for a ruthless Assad Dictator!! And to top it off, somehow Israel and West are involved. The U.S., amazingly U.N., NATO, The Arab League and the list goes on and on have condemned ASSAD. Most civilized countries have elections so when you have brutal Dictators like China, Syria, and Iran there is no way to get rid of the tyrants other than by force!! The people are stuck with their ruthless Dictators their whole lives and then when that clown passes, daddy appoints another ruthless Dictator and this is an endless cycle! It's like a nightmare that will not go away!! I don't blame the people one bit!! Folks! Ask yourself why Bill is not in Syria helping Assad. China, Venezuela and Iran supports Syria and guess what? There is NO freedom in any of those countries either!
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

aussie wrote:
jo jo you are right, I dont care what anyone says because they dont know the truth.I speak to relatives in syria on a regular basis, The so called rebels are not syrians, over 70% of them are paid criminals sent into the country to destroy the last remaining decent Arabic country, The terrorists are driving the christians and others out of syria so they can turn the country into a Shariea law country and put Syria back into the dark ages, whether we like the present Government or not, It is surely a lot better than what could come next.
Are you writing to yourself Jo Jo?? Good Grief! Two Aussies posting to each others clones!!
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Syrian wrote:
No he's not Liar!! He never has been open to discussion!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••