Store Clerks Arrested for Stealing Winning Lottery Tickets

Sep 16, 2011 Full story: WTVC 58

Acting on information developed through an investigation by the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation Security Department, the Sumner County Sheriff's office served criminal arrest warrants Thursday on two convenience store personnel for allegedly stealing a winning Lottery ticket worth $200,000. Taken into custody were Piyushkumar Patel and ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
portlander

Franklin, KY

#1 Sep 16, 2011
Interesting that this hasn't been seen on our local news ..
Deacon Truth

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Sep 16, 2011
REALLY!!!

200 k stolen from someone who I'm sure could have used it!

I hate a lousey theif!
portlander

Franklin, KY

#3 Sep 16, 2011
Deacon Truth wrote:
REALLY!!!

200 k stolen from someone who I'm sure could have used it!

I hate a lousey theif!
I saw this on a Chattanooga TV news---thought it was peculiar that it was not on our news locally . Well, this shod hurt lottery ticket sales , huh ??
old timer

Franklin, KY

#4 Sep 17, 2011
when I take my ticket or scratch off to get them checked I ALWAYS get my tickets back and I recheck them then tear them up. Sad what people will do to you
smalltowngirl

Mount Juliet, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2011
portlander wrote:
Interesting that this hasn't been seen on our local news ..
Of course it hasn't. The city gets tax money from him. He owns Xpress liquors and convenient stores. He should be deported!
Uncle Sam is broke

Gallatin, TN

#6 Sep 20, 2011
no they dont pay taxes. get that. that's the reason all these nationalities are buying all these stores and hotels. NO TAXES
Snopes

Franklin, KY

#8 Sep 20, 2011
Uncle Sam is broke wrote:
no they dont pay taxes. get that. that's the reason all these nationalities are buying all these stores and hotels. NO TAXES
That's B.S.
http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/immigran...
Portlander

Franklin, KY

#9 Sep 20, 2011
These stores should be boycotted by everyone !
wow

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2011
what a bunch of lousey sand ngrs
crakka killa

Portland, TN

#11 Sep 21, 2011
sand ngrs really, you and people like you are why this country is going down. Grow up.
Portlander

Franklin, KY

#12 Sep 21, 2011
These men should lose their business license and no one should be buying anything at any of tbeir stores.
Evil

Franklin, KY

#13 Sep 21, 2011
wow wrote:
I knew the Rhodes scholars of Portland would comment on this.
concerned mother

Portland, TN

#14 Sep 21, 2011
I will never go back to those stores. Im tired of people coming here and the government giving them breaks and costing us tax dollars. Go back to your home.
Portlander

Franklin, KY

#15 Sep 21, 2011
Not a Rhodes scholar, but a citizen of Portland who is outraged at these men's actions .
Resident Evil

Franklin, KY

#16 Sep 21, 2011
concerned mother wrote:
I will never go back to those stores. Im tired of people coming here and the government giving them breaks and costing us tax dollars. Go back to your home.
That's B.S. They don't get tax breaks from the government. Snopes it: http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/immigran...

Yes, by all mean boycott them. But stop being a bigot.
wow

United States

#17 Sep 21, 2011
crakka killa wrote:
sand ngrs really, you and people like you are why this country is going down. Grow up.

go back to africa where you came from. ngr. lazy ngrs living off the goverment, constantly commiting crimes and dumbing down the country helps make this country trashy.
crakka killa

Portland, TN

#18 Sep 22, 2011
I'll go back to africa when you go back to wherever your people come from dumbass,cause it ain't from here. Trash like you have always been a thorn in this country. People like you are the reason so many around the world hate america. Why dont you and your buddies go burn a cross in their parking lot,that will teach em. You inbreed piece of shit, I hope you can't have kids to pass your fucked up genes and views to.
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
go back to africa where you came from. ngr. lazy ngrs living off the goverment, constantly commiting crimes and dumbing down the country helps make this country trashy.
crakka killa

Portland, TN

#19 Sep 22, 2011
If their sand ngrs,don't that make you a hillbilly ngr,back woods sister/wife ngr,irish ngr,british ngr,or just a dumb ass never been out of sumner county portland ngr.
wow wrote:
panhead panther

High Point, NC

#20 Sep 22, 2011
This should not be about the origin of the people involved. The deal is they allegedly stole a ticket and when questioned by authorities lied multiple times to cover up their dirty deeds.

I will never spend another dime in these gentlemen's stores. What others do or don't do is their decision. I am surprised the local media did not jump on this sooner on their Facebook page. Why didn't they?
old timer n portland

Franklin, KY

#21 Sep 22, 2011
I will NEVER buy from either store again. I would be upset by this even if the people were white.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lottery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Klopse get the boot over alleged fraud 17 hr Brett Nortje 0215... 1
Column: David Edwards, another lottery loser (Aug '07) Tue TriGuy 671
Yemen Sanaa measles address PO box 8193 Nov 24 87223192 saleh al... 2
Candidates line up to file for Chicago election Nov 18 serfs up 7
Unclaimed lottery prizes: $2 billion a year Nov 18 Jessie_Bell 2
BMW warns on mass fraudulent emails under the n... (May '07) Nov 17 aditya sharma 1,147
$150K lotto ticket yet to be claimed Nov 12 AnitaSwiss 1

Lottery People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE