Young illegal immigrants will be eligible for California driver's licenses

Aug 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Monterey County Herald

California will issue driver's licenses to hundreds of thousands of young illegal immigrants once the Obama administration grants them work permits, the state Department of Motor Vehicles says.

Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Retired USMC

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

The LAW is the LAW, Illegals entering the country: The law can be quoted word for word but in simple words an illegal is a criminal as any law breaker. That makes ANYONE who supports them guilty of breaking the law also (Aiding and Abetting a criminal) IT IS THE LAW. That makes an awful lot of people who think the law does not apply to them really someone I could never trust or respect due to their actions. Those people supporting illegals are criminals also (under the law) and are acting in very UN-American ways. All politicians (event at the highest levels) and Law enforcement that does not uphold the law is guilty also as accomplices in aiding and abetting criminals. All it takes is for one citizen to place charges against those who think they are above the law. How can you call yourself American when you go against the Constitution and break the laws of the country. You could be call Communists or even worse.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

The real ID law will start in Jan 2013. These will be the only licenses that you can trust. People will not to able to board a FAA aircrat without them one or a real ID state ID.

Terrorists will find it easy to get a driver's license in California and California will become ground zero for illegal aliens in the country to get a license. Watch the numbers of licenses issued go up.

Some states will not accept exchanges from California licenses from illegal aliens. Watch the fraud.

States should to prevent fraud go to 100% real ID drivers licenses and state IDs. Only US citizens, greencard holders and legal immigrants with passports and visas should hold drivers licenses.
Level 6

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

With more illegal aliens on the road will mean more DUIs, more death and more deportations.
Juan
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

They should be able to get a drivers license.
An American citizen can drive in Mexico can't they, what's the difference ? Many American drive drunk in Mexico also.
Juan
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Retired USMC wrote:
The LAW is the LAW, Illegals entering the country: The law can be quoted word for word but in simple words an illegal is a criminal as any law breaker. That makes ANYONE who supports them guilty of breaking the law also (Aiding and Abetting a criminal) IT IS THE LAW. That makes an awful lot of people who think the law does not apply to them really someone I could never trust or respect due to their actions. Those people supporting illegals are criminals also (under the law) and are acting in very UN-American ways. All politicians (event at the highest levels) and Law enforcement that does not uphold the law is guilty also as accomplices in aiding and abetting criminals. All it takes is for one citizen to place charges against those who think they are above the law. How can you call yourself American when you go against the Constitution and break the laws of the country. You could be call Communists or even worse.
Hay Sarge !
Sounds like you've been sniffing too much gun powder.
Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Juan wrote:
They should be able to get a drivers license.
An American citizen can drive in Mexico can't they, what's the difference ? Many American drive drunk in Mexico also.
To drive in any country, you have to be there legally.
magadala
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

What difference does having a license make in CA?!!! Illegal aliens have been driving there witout one with impunity since the year one!!!
Drazil
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Roads are becoming more dangerous because illegals think they know how to drive in the USA. They don't -- they're very dangerous on the freeway.
I see it everyday on my way to work. Drivers need to know the law.
illegal immigrant
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Drazil wrote:
Roads are becoming more dangerous because illegals think they know how to drive in the USA. They don't -- they're very dangerous on the freeway.
What makes you sat that? I have a lot of American friends who think they own the road; the don't make complete stops, cut people off, and go over the speed limit in the freeway.(it's a miracle that some haven't got a ticket) I personally think that you have this prejudice towards illegal immigrants and are pinning all the bad driving on us. Please note that the status of a person is not what makes a person a dangerous driver but rather, it is the characteristic of the individual person that determens how he or she drives. Further more, I believe that most people without a driving license tend to try drive more carefully in the hopes that they don't brake any laws. Sure there are those exemptions for those who are very bad drivers.

I will agree with you though, people without a driver license won't know the law since they never took any test to demonstrade that they read and learned basic knowledge from a book to help them in their driving in the real world.
illegal immigrant
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

illegal immigrant wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you sat that? I have a lot of American friends who think they own the road; the don't make complete stops, cut people off, and go over the speed limit in the freeway.(it's a miracle that some haven't got a ticket) I personally think that you have this prejudice towards illegal immigrants and are pinning all the bad driving on us. Please note that the status of a person is not what makes a person a dangerous driver but rather, it is the characteristic of the individual person that determens how he or she drives. Further more, I believe that most people without a driving license tend to try drive more carefully in the hopes that they don't brake any laws. Sure there are those exemptions for those who are very bad drivers.
I will agree with you though, people without a driver license won't know the law since they never took any test to demonstrade that they read and learned basic knowledge from a book to help them in their driving in the real world.
Edit: ment to put "exceptions" insted of the word exemptions.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Since DUI and driving without a license and insurance are not deportable offences do not expect to see any increase in licensed, insured or sober illegal alien drivers.
pug
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

magadala wrote:
What difference does having a license make in CA?!!! Illegal aliens have been driving there witout one with impunity since the year one!!!
In Illinois Illegals Aliens drive without any license or mandatory insurance.

You do not need a license to buy a car.
pug
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Here is a story about DUI

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2760050/
pug
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Sixth DUI well caught six times, what about the other times?

http://articles.boston.com/2011-09-26/news/30...
native Californian
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

To get a license they have to pass the exams and road tests. This is better than just getting into a car and thinking they know how to drive.
Rico the Magic Hispanic
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

Drazil wrote:
Are you that ignorant? If illegals take the required steps to obtain a DL then they're just as qualified to safely drive as you with your own DL.

Gosh you people make me sick with your ignorance.
Rico the Magic Hispanic
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

pug wrote:
Sixth DUI well caught six times, what about the other times?
http://articles.boston.com/2011-09-26/news/30...
He should have been deported on his 3rd DUI per Federal law but what do you expect when re-entering the USA illegally is as easy as a hop, skip and cartwheel?
Rico the Magic Hispanic
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

native Californian wrote:
To get a license they have to pass the exams and road tests. This is better than just getting into a car and thinking they know how to drive.
Exactly!
Rico the Magic Hispanic
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Since DUI and driving without a license and insurance are not deportable offences do not expect to see any increase in licensed, insured or sober illegal alien drivers.
U.S. Senate: Illegal aliens must commit three DUIís before they can be deported
http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-senate-il...
Rico the Magic Hispanic
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

magadala wrote:
Quit lying.

You get caught driving a car without a DL or insurance, you face a $600 fine for no DL and a $1300 fine for no insurance plus you get your car impounded for 30 days.

This is what happens to anyone caught regardless of immigration status. The only thing that illegals get a break on is at DUI checkpoints, they still get the ticket for no DL and no insurance but they're allowed to get a lawful driver to drive the car home in a reasonable time instead of it getting impounded.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 min jimmy krack korn 135,487
'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confronts Gop rep ... 10 min Captain Yesterday 721
Rubio interrupted by hecklers in South Carolina 15 min Lawrence Wolf 10
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 18 min Fed Up Again 255,538
Congressman: Get Ready for Immigration Move Fro... 48 min Joe 29
Despite crush of children, illegal immigration low 1 hr Guess Who 52
A ticket to Sarah Palin's funhouse 1 hr Bama Yankee 92
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••