The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#97278 Jan 28, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Exactly what was finalized today?
What alternatives have been discussed? I see the Republicans climbing on board - at least from what has been in the news. Did you read any other vision of how to handle CIR?

Level 8

Location hidden

#97279 Jan 28, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why the majority of people, in my opinion, are moderates and don't hold to either extreme. They're conservative about some things and liberal about others. Extremism is necessary though in some arenas in order for thought and action to come back to center. And it usually does.
I agree. But, on this thread, holding a moderate view makes you a full blown "lib", testament to how extreme some folks have become in their views. I fully expect them to become people without a party in the years ahead;-)

“MUAH”

Since: Jan 13

OOH RAH

#97280 Jan 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever been out of the house? If you were allowed to exit the front door, were you wearing clothing? Did anything horrible happen to you between the front porch and the curb? Were you fully clothed? If so, did you hear someone in the distance shouting "SL*T?" Did you take it to mean that leaving your home and being fully clothed but that allowing anybody to see your "full body" in clothing was somehow a failure on your part to maintain decorum? It wasn't. You might have looked even more ridiculous wearing a cardboard box over every part of your body except for your big flat head and the matching feet.
Whatever went wrong, you seem to have bought into it in the same way you believe 26 dead children and adults are nothing more than a figment of somebody's imagination, and that a "full body" photo of a woman in jeans and a sweater is disgraceful or disrespectful. It's not. Open a window and look outside. See those people in clothes with full bodies? Those are human beings, not exhibitionists. This is why I view you as having won the "Most likely to wear a potato sack" contest. You carried on about skinny jeans once too much. I told you what might happen. It happened. You don't seem happy.
You are easily led to poor conclusions, and you demonstrate this repeatedly in your posts. If you're going to hang around here displaying your obvious deficiencies for all to see, at least try to ask a cogent question once in a blue moon. This last one wasn't it.
You look like you got something stuck up your butt and you are too old to be trying to look like some young hot chick. You aren't. Try dressing age appropriate like the other classy aged Kentuckian women do.

Your poise looks like you are trying to farm yourself out to a fella.

Nothing wrong with feeling young at your age. It is another thing to pass yourself off as a young sexy woman. Face it, your body has seen better days and no one is really that interested in you, except for maybe a few lap dogs here.

X-Man sure likes to wag his tail for ya. lol
At least you got him whipped.
:)
jackson

Lexington, KY

#97281 Jan 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What alternatives have been discussed? I see the Republicans climbing on board - at least from what has been in the news. Did you read any other vision of how to handle CIR?
Oh, so the left has all the good ideas and the right is "climbing on board"? Give me a break -- at least both sides are working TOGETHER for a change -- or is the left finally listening???
You spin almost as good as the msm -- but then you've had thousands of posts to practice.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97282 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Well I was thinking more in general about the Internet, Jax and not Topix specifically. Just look at the social network sites like Facebook, Myspace, blogging, the whole technology world and how people use electronic gadgets to communicate. It's changed us and the way we treat one another.
Of course you're right about Topix. There has always been a power struggle on this Forum between the "right" and the "left." It's silly when you think about it because the majority of us posting here are Americans and we supposedly hold dear our Freedom of Speech and expression, but in this environment you see a lot of disrespect for that freedom and one another.
Social networking sites have really been significant in allowing me to see the polarity of views these days. When you can daily read the political views of people you've known most of their adult lives and see the huge gaps in thinking, it's startling to me. I scroll through my news feed, and one friend is ready to overthrow the government while another is trying to head up a peace rally. One has gone over to the "dark" side while another can't get enough of all things Obama - Obama 24/7.

Seriously, it's giving me a headache trying to figure out how there can ever be a meeting of the minds from these opposite and conflicting views I see coming from regular Americans. Then, a battle starts (kind of like Topix), and I don't know how to do anything but make a feeble effort to referee (these are friends of many years), and then stand aside with my mouth open until one friend will never ever speak to the other friend again so long as they both shall live. Amen. I'd laugh, except it's disturbing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97283 Jan 28, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so the left has all the good ideas and the right is "climbing on board"? Give me a break -- at least both sides are working TOGETHER for a change -- or is the left finally listening???
You spin almost as good as the msm -- but then you've had thousands of posts to practice.
Can you explain to me the shift in the Republican approach to CIR that now has them talking "pathway to citizenship"? Whose good ideas are those?

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#97284 Jan 28, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
You look like you got something stuck up your butt and you are too old to be trying to look like some young hot chick. You aren't. Try dressing age appropriate like the other classy aged Kentuckian women do.
Nothing wrong with feeling young at your age. It is another thing to pass yourself off as a young sexy woman. Face it, your body has seen better days and no one is really that interested in you, except for maybe a few lap dogs here.
Jeezus, what do you care about NTR and her photo? It's adorable and attractive, and she looks great for her age. You're jealous or just a "horny old man." LOL!

You can't pass up any chance to try and insult and hurt someone though can you? Especially someone you feel threatened by. Get back on the porch, lay down and lick your wounds, bad dog.

Level 6

Location hidden

#97285 Jan 28, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she looks fabulous and "my people" are experts on fabulous so mind your own business ya old pervert.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97286 Jan 28, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
Report: Treasury approved excessive pay for executives at bailed-out AIG, GM and Ally
By Associated Press,
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Treasury Department disregarded its own guidelines by allowing large pay increases for executives at three firms bailed out during the financial crisis, a report released Monday says.
The Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program said Treasury approved all 18 requests it received for executive raises at American International Group Inc., General Motors Corp. and Ally Financial Inc. Of those requests, 14 were for $100,000 or more. One raise, for the CEO of a division at AIG, was for $1 million.
Yet welfare for our poorest Americans is a bad thing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97287 Jan 28, 2013
-- OId Man -- wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfffft. Like that means anything. But, thank you for your support. Hee, hee. As a matter of fact, that's what I had on when I left for a little birthday celebration with family yesterday. I again asked my daughters. They BOTH laughed at your criticism. The only thing either advised was that I put on a few pounds so that my jeans would be "skinnier". Dress your old woman in a potato sack. I couldn't care less. Now, please go back to ignoring me and keep your disdain to yourself.

Level 9

Forum

#97288 Jan 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. But, on this thread, holding a moderate view makes you a full blown "lib", testament to how extreme some folks have become in their views. I fully expect them to become people without a party in the years ahead;-)
I agree, NTR. That does seem to be the case in this particular environment. But I think that's why the extremists hang out on Forums like this. They don't really have an audience for some of their screwball ideas anywhere else, so they get to hide out anonymously. The beauty of the Internet you know.

The Republican Party is under reconstruction. It has no choice. The extremists will be without a party, and the moderates will be the ones who keep the new Republican Party alive and well. I really don't believe that the extreme right that presents here is a true reflection of most American conservatives.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97289 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Jeezus, what do you care about NTR and her photo? It's adorable and attractive, and she looks great for her age. You're jealous or just a "horny old man." LOL!
You can't pass up any chance to try and insult and hurt someone though can you? Especially someone you feel threatened by. Get back on the porch, lay down and lick your wounds, bad dog.
Thank you, Rose. That's the key - "for my age", and I know quite well what that is with no illusions. I'll give up my skinny jeans when I'm d*mned good and ready and not a moment before.

"Get back on the porch, lay down and lick your wounds, bad dog."

LOLOLOL!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#97290 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
He has issues!!! No man in their right mind would stick around a woman who constantly tells them to screw off!! It's obvious that he comes here for one thing.. to harass her.

Level 6

Location hidden

#97291 Jan 28, 2013
Senators’‘tough but fair’ immigration blueprint would make people wait for citizenship

A bipartisan group of eight senators unveiled a new immigration reform proposal Monday that would allow most of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants currently living in the country eventually to become citizens....

...The senators' plan puts forward several hurdles before undocumented immigrants could obtain permanent residence visas, called green cards, which is the first step towards citizenship. First, immigrants would apply for temporary legal status by registering with the government, completing a background check and paying a fine. Before any immigrant could obtain a green card, "a commission comprised of governors, attorneys general, and community leaders living along the Southwest border" must recommend that the government has taken enough steps to beef up border security and has also implemented a system that tracks when temporary visitors have left the country....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/senators-t...

(posted in accordance with Fair Use according to US copyright law relating to the use of factual material)

Level 9

Forum

#97292 Jan 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Social networking sites have really been significant in allowing me to see the polarity of views these days. When you can daily read the political views of people you've known most of their adult lives and see the huge gaps in thinking, it's startling to me. I scroll through my news feed, and one friend is ready to overthrow the government while another is trying to head up a peace rally. One has gone over to the "dark" side while another can't get enough of all things Obama - Obama 24/7.
Seriously, it's giving me a headache trying to figure out how there can ever be a meeting of the minds from these opposite and conflicting views I see coming from regular Americans. Then, a battle starts (kind of like Topix), and I don't know how to do anything but make a feeble effort to referee (these are friends of many years), and then stand aside with my mouth open until one friend will never ever speak to the other friend again so long as they both shall live. Amen. I'd laugh, except it's disturbing.
LOL! That's why the old maxim "Never discuss religion or politics over dinner" makes sense to me.

You can't win. You're bound to gain friends, lose friends or be judged as having no opinion at all on such issues. I see it as a sport myself, but with no winners or losers, just a never-ending battle of the wills where the rules and players are always changing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97293 Jan 28, 2013
Oaky wrote:
<quoted text>
Many companies bring back at least some of that work. It has been happening for about a decade now. I know, I worked for one that went through the outsourcing to the give it up and bring it back routine once. The grass isn't always greener on the other side but companies will continue to try and some will find greener grass and some will not.
Personally I think we should use a heavy stick on those that use us to build their company, design their products then take their manufacturing away from us.
We could make a good start by taking away their tax deductions when they offshore operations. Why should they get a tax benefit to move jobs somewhere else?
jackson

Lexington, KY

#97294 Jan 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain to me the shift in the Republican approach to CIR that now has them talking "pathway to citizenship"? Whose good ideas are those?
I don't think they are necessarily good ideas (personally, I'm not a fan of a "pathway to citizenship"). But compromise is a good thing in most instances, probably in this one as well. I do like that they have to at least get at the back of the line. These seem to be fairly reasonable solutions, if efficiently enforced. The left is compromising, too, for a change.
This is a huge problem and one without easy solutions. BOTH sides have good ideas and both sides need to compromise. I'll never understand why the left believes they are the only ones with the right answers and everyone else is wrong.

Level 9

Forum

#97295 Jan 28, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Rose. That's the key - "for my age", and I know quite well what that is with no illusions. I'll give up my skinny jeans when I'm d*mned good and ready and not a moment before.
"Get back on the porch, lay down and lick your wounds, bad dog."
LOLOLOL!
LOL! Hey silly, those aren't skinny jeans. They're just regular fit to me. That's how I wear mine anyway.

Skinny jeans are skin tight showing every lump, bump, curve. I try them on in the store but that's as far as I get. LOL!

“MUAH”

OOH RAH

#97296 Jan 28, 2013
Freespirit8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried taking melatonin at bedtime? Try 3 gm; if that doesn't do it, try 5 gm. Many people I know have found success taking it, including myself.
Sincerely, hope it helps.
I think you meant to say "mg" and not "gm" which is 1,000 milligrams. No one takes 3-5 grams of melatonin. The internet is not a good place for dope heads to be giving advice on over the counter medicines or any medicine for that matter.

And you people go running and whining to Topix Mods about death threats.

HR would have to ingest several bottles of melatonin to take the dose you are prescribing.

You could probably be held libel for making such a suggestion. You should have Topix remove that post along with this one. It is bad advice and can be harmful to an unsuspecting reader.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#97297 Jan 28, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
And now they are trying to take 'rights' away from parents who do get involved. Trying to discontinue the parents from having lunch with their children!
Where?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Geraldo and Doocy Battle over Whether 'Illegal ... 23 min ratbstard 1
Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 26 min BIG_STEVIE 16,169
Perry criticizes Mexico's effort to secure border 30 min Guess Who 14
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 47 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 17
Portland activist seeks asylum in church to avo... 52 min sandy1 2
GOP House Candidate Open To War With Mexico 'If... 56 min sandy1 2
Immigrant Rights Advocates Protest Democrat Ina... 1 hr sandy1 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 13 hr johnny belinda 135,855
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••