10,000 ordered by governor to prove residency

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

After seven months in office, Gov. Susana Martinez is about to enter the national spotlight for a policy decision on the explosive issue of immigration.
Comments
1 - 20 of 2,386 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2012
First Prev
of 120
Next Last
Excellent

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Now we're talking!

“Down in the Bayou”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Sorry folks, that dog don't hunt....the "Martinez effect" continues...knee jerk reactions and ridiculous methods of ferreting out non US born individuals, and "brown" people...she is just gonna get bitch slapped by the courst...again...what a dumb woman...

Level 1

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Good. She's doing the job we elected her to do.
JustSaying

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Not all brown people are "aliens"...this just takes us back to McCartheism or witch hunts or black list.

I don't have a problem if an alien has committed a crime to deport them... I do however do not agree with profiling. I see America as an open society not communistic and that's where we the people are headed if we don't stop this abuse.

Trying to move up the social ladder is not a crime and that's why all immigrants came to this country. If you're not a Native American you're an immigrant or descendant!

Pretty soon "they" (big brother) is going to say, "oh we don't want Catholics or Baptist or Republicans or Jewish or you fill in the blank."

I didn't "join" the military and went to the south pacific to kill men, women, and children for this country to go backwards. We are better than this so lets get with the program and welcome diversity.

Everyone has a gift...let them them contribute.

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

These women seem to be doing the job the men aren't doing! Brewer and Martinez they would be great running mates!

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
Sorry folks, that dog don't hunt....the "Martinez effect" continues...knee jerk reactions and ridiculous methods of ferreting out non US born individuals, and "brown" people...she is just gonna get bitch slapped by the courst...again...what a dumb woman...
Did you even read the article? The 10,000 people chosen to verify residency are not based on color. Quit exaggerating. If they are in this country illegally and the only identification they provided was an ID from their country of origin, to receive a NM Drivers License, then New Mexico can verify residency.
That

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Chrgrfan wrote:
These women seem to be doing the job the men aren't doing! Brewer and Martinez they would be great running mates!
would be great. Two know-nothings, exploiting a minor that fires up their braindead base. Meanwhile the teabaggers willfully drag the economy down even further.

What has the electorate devolved into?
That is

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

minor "issue"

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

That wrote:
<quoted text>
would be great. Two know-nothings, exploiting a minor that fires up their braindead base. Meanwhile the teabaggers willfully drag the economy down even further.
What has the electorate devolved into?
If it is such a minor issue then why are you so worried about it?
While

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Chrgrfan wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is such a minor issue then why are you so worried about it?
rome burns and all cards become even more stacked in favor of the the rich, we blame the poorest among us and expend resources looking for phantoms. And stupid people think that is progress.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

While wrote:
<quoted text>
rome burns and all cards become even more stacked in favor of the the rich, we blame the poorest among us and expend resources looking for phantoms. And stupid people think that is progress.
LOL. "Rome" is burning because of these illegals milking us dry!(Why does Santa Fe have some many lefties like you?)

“Down in the Bayou”

Level 1

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Chrgrfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read the article? The 10,000 people chosen to verify residency are not based on color. Quit exaggerating. If they are in this country illegally and the only identification they provided was an ID from their country of origin, to receive a NM Drivers License, then New Mexico can verify residency.
I also included "non US born" in the statement...pay attention..

“Down in the Bayou”

Level 1

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

By the way..the chargers suck...hahahaha
Really

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

JustSaying wrote:
Not all brown people are "aliens"...this just takes us back to McCartheism or witch hunts or black list.
I don't have a problem if an alien has committed a crime to deport them... I do however do not agree with profiling. I see America as an open society not communistic and that's where we the people are headed if we don't stop this abuse.
Trying to move up the social ladder is not a crime and that's why all immigrants came to this country. If you're not a Native American you're an immigrant or descendant!
Pretty soon "they" (big brother) is going to say, "oh we don't want Catholics or Baptist or Republicans or Jewish or you fill in the blank."
I didn't "join" the military and went to the south pacific to kill men, women, and children for this country to go backwards. We are better than this so lets get with the program and welcome diversity.
Everyone has a gift...let them them contribute.
No one said all brown people are aliens. If they aren't there's nothing to worry about. Diversity is welcomed, as long as people enter OUR country legally. I too served in the military and didn't fight in 2 wars to see our country overtaken by people who just walk into it!
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Chrgrfan wrote:
Exactly! Why some people prefer Porky Pelosi, Barbie Boxer, Debbie Wasserman Schultz ie: Pelosi of the SE is beyond me.

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
<quoted text>
I also included "non US born" in the statement...pay attention..
You stated non U.S. Born, that does not mean they are illegal immigrants. They could be "non U.S. Born" and be Naturalized Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents, etc. Pay attention and make yourself clear.

I still don't get why your so worried about it.

“The true Californian!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
By the way..the chargers suck...hahahaha
What age are you 10?
I am

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Caltrop wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. "Rome" is burning because of these illegals milking us dry!(Why does Santa Fe have some many lefties like you?)
right-handed. The counties up here have the highest level of educational achievement and income in the state - probably means something in our ability not to be duped by scapegoaters.

Yeah,the undocumented really screwed us with those credit default swap scams, starting two wars while defunding the government and a Congress controlled by lobbyists.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I am wrote:
<quoted text>
right-handed. The counties up here have the highest level of educational achievement and income in the state - probably means something in our ability not to be duped by scapegoaters.
Yeah,the undocumented really screwed us with those credit default swap scams, starting two wars while defunding the government and a Congress controlled by lobbyists.
Typical elitist liberal response. You're so much smarter than the rest of us, eh? I'm surprised you guys haven't imposed some kind of educational requirement level to keep us from voting.

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

I hope its the right 10,000... Get 'er done Susana!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 120
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Immigration Reform Forum right now

Search the Immigration Reform Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min harmonious 244,954
Congress Votes to Increase Child Tax Credit 54 min the Light 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 55 min johnny belinda 135,004
Skip comparisons with Mexico 1 hr the Light 1
Hundreds of protests planned this weekend acros... 1 hr Richies Cool Man Diary 106
Obama weighs sending guard troops to border 1 hr Quirky 9
Editorial: On Mexico trip, Gov Brown should rec... 1 hr Sirius 2
•••
•••