Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
29,041 - 29,060 of 45,847 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty has become a hit and run poster, never bothering to follow up on the fiction and bafflegab he writes.
It may be caused by a deteriorating mental condition, so to be on the safe side, we should feel sorry for him, but it's probably best not to.
More likely it is a new tactic. Hit and run guerrilla tactics. Get in his comments and then leave. Of course this reminds me of another alarmist who use to do the same thing. Cool Breeze didnít last long and we might be seeing the last of Less Hype More Fact.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty has become a hit and run poster,
I debate any issue worth debating. However, you qualify as nothing more than a 'heckler' with nothing usefull to contribute.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely it is a new tactic. Hit and run guerrilla tactics. Get in his comments and then leave. Of course this reminds me of another alarmist who use to do the same thing. Cool Breeze didnít last long and we might be seeing the last of Less Hype More Fact.
With a doting MSM on his side, it's real simple to find another story, article, video, report, or study to to post as "proof" or "evidence".

The Bulldoze 'em with Bullshyt strategy.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I debate any issue worth debating.
You have also debated many issues not worth debating, but I can only recall two occasions when you admitted being wrong, which leaves a very long list of outstanding errors you should admit to.
NoFactAllHype wrote:
However, you qualify as nothing more than a 'heckler' with nothing usefull[sic] to contribute.
I correct lots of you typos, isn't that useful (one L), Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty?
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
Throwing money at these crooks in the UN and the corrupt, criminal governments that populate it makes things worse, not better.
"Welfare queens are driving Cadillacs!"...

You're politically obsessed. Understood. But how does that concern the accelerating effects of climate cooking?
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're politically obsessed. Understood. But how does that concern the accelerating effects of climate cooking?
How do stop the accelerating effects of "climate cooking?" Good question. Maybe if we had real peer review instead of politically motivated peer review we might slow that "cooking" down.

"300,000 dollars and three years to produce a paper that lasted three weeks: Gergis"

http://joannenova.com.au/2012/06/300000-dolla...
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

kristy wrote:
Joanne Nova is a PR shill from the Australian coal and oil industry. What do you suppose HER financial motives are?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Politically obsessed."

Imagine that. Daring to point out the fundamentally political nature of the whole AGW debate.

For this, I must be denigrated, marginalized, ridiculed, isn't that right, Northie? Can have the audience paying attention to how the trick is done now, can we. It ruins the effect of the performance - the illusion that it's "all about science" (heh ...) that none but the High Priesthood of AGW is capable of understanding.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Joanne Nova is a PR shill from the Australian coal and oil industry. What do you suppose HER financial motives are?
Of course....it's Joanne Nova's fault that the Australian hockey stick paper that went through "peer review" is now scrapped.
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Politically obsessed."
Imagine that. Daring to point out the fundamentally political nature of the whole AGW debate.
For this, I must be denigrated, marginalized, ridiculed, isn't that right, Northie? Can have the audience paying attention to how the trick is done now, can we. It ruins the effect of the performance - the illusion that it's "all about science" (heh ...) that none but the High Priesthood of AGW is capable of understanding.
Touchy much?

If there is any remaining debate about our responsibility to fix the mess we've made of the climate, it is purely political. The scientific basics are no longer debatable, and certainly not by lay schmucks like us.

You've simply responded to the entreaties of the oil industry and its political employees. In fact, you're their very favorite subject of study right now.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the financial motives of warmists?

None?

Seriously?

Do they live in shacks? Never fly? Don't consume? Grow their own food? Turn on a light?

Dishonesty is your strongest character trait.
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
None?
Seriously?
Do they live in shacks? Never fly? Don't consume? Grow their own food? Turn on a light?
Define "warmist".
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

He won't be able to. He's here merely to confuse the readers like his gang of shills.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "warmist".
Are you this thick in person, or do you just save it for Topix?

Never mind.

Like all the other "warmists", you'll run, deflect, obfuscate and flat-out refuse to provide evidence that the financial interests of those you support are superior to those your oppose.

Dismissed.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
None?
Seriously?
I know it is hard for some red-necks to understand that money is not the only driving force for folks. We have a society where it is ok to pay for things like skipping to the head of the line at airport security checks because those with money are more important than "ordinary" folks. Certainly scientists have needs and money is important in providing those needs. However, it is understandable that many who know nothing about scientists would have such ideas. Most scientists that I have had contact with over the years are more concerned with finding the truth and elevating their reputations than in fleecing the government.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
<quoted text>You have also debated many issues not worth debating, but I can only recall two occasions when you admitted being wrong, which leaves a very long list of outstanding errors you should admit to.<quoted text>I correct lots of you typos, isn't that useful (one L), Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty?
You have a history with him, don't you?

As to your function to correct his typos, it's not working for you because you make a lot of them yourself.

Never mind your bad English, right? You secretly correct FF's mistakes when you reply to him.

You are a mental case for sure.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course....it's Joanne Nova's fault that the Australian hockey stick paper that went through "peer review" is now scrapped.
****O.w.n.a.g.e.****
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
He won't be able to.
A WARMIST IS SOMEONE WHO BELIEVED OR BELIEVES THE EARTH'S TEMPERATURE HAS EVER DEVIATED FROM STANDARD 100 YEAR NORMS.

A WARMIST IS SOMEONE WHO BELIEVED OR BELIEVES THE EARTH'S TEMPERATURE HAS EVER DEVIATED FROM STANDARD NORMS DUE TO ADDITION OF ANY ONE, OR ANY ONE GROUP, OF GASES.

A WARMIST IS SOMEONE who THAWT uh HOCKIE STIK GENERATOR WUZ UH NEW BRAYuNCH uv MAYUTH,

fer CYFERIN the DATA FROM MAGICAL T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.S.

wat r TELLIN US ALL WE GOTTA BURN FOR C.A.R.B.O.N. SIN

*BITCH.*
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it is hard for some red-necks to understand that money is not the only driving force for folks. We have a society where it is ok to pay for things like skipping to the head of the line at airport security checks because those with money are more important than "ordinary" folks. Certainly scientists have needs and money is important in providing those needs. However, it is understandable that many who know nothing about scientists would have such ideas. Most scientists that I have had contact with over the years are more concerned with finding the truth and elevating their reputations than in fleecing the government.
Well that warrants a big 'DUH'!

Listen your pretentious moron, I didn't say it was the only motivation.

I asked, and have been asking every warmist claiming that skeptics are motivated by money to demonstrate that their "scientists" are somehow above reproach.

They are because you say they are.

Have a seat next to the other dimbulbs.
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Mothra,

I see. A "warmist" is simply a shifting caricature you create to justify cowering from your responsibilities.

Given that ALL of the world's leading scientific academies and societies with any bearing on Earth sciences are in agreement, does that make all of their fellows "warmists"? What about us laypeople, the majority of whom worldwide accept those scientific warnings? Are we ALL warmists?

Or are warmists only the hippies in your head, with Birkenstocks and beads?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••