Criminalizing Condoms: Sex Workers Get Policed but Remain Unprotected

Jul 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Common Dreams

If you worked a dangerous job, you'd expect the law to help protect you from workplace hazards.

Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Aug 2, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be a part of it, but also consider that the history of such laws are not based entirely upon the prudishness of some old biddies.
Condom possession is evidence merely of openness to the possibility of erotic relations (or the desire for funny balloons). Even a great quantity of them suggests only promiscuity (or a desire for a great quantity of funny balloons).
What are 'funny balloons'Hon?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Police brutality is a job place hazard for law breakers.

Life is unfair, condoms prove intent. Used condemns prove intercourse. CSI Miami Vice; it's your world now.

We should reform they way our government treats citizens; stop controlling behavior and focus on protecting people. Where prostitution is legal, forced prostitution is reduced but not eliminated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Life is unfair, condoms prove intent. Used condemns prove intercourse. CSI Miami Vice; it's your world now.
We should reform they way our government treats citizens; stop controlling behavior and focus on protecting people. Where prostitution is legal, forced prostitution is reduced but not eliminated.
WRONG Brian,police brutality is not a job hazard;it is a criminal act subject to criminal penalties AND civil suit.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Good luck with that. I'm against cops and pimps raping prostitutes, underage prostitution and same sex marriage.

Prostitution is legal in Europe and some counties in Nevada. They have a better chance of suing the police or pimp for brutality, but it still happens.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
Apart from your opening silliness, let's review ...

" ... Condom possession is evidence merely of openness to the possibility of erotic relations (or the desire for funny balloons). Even a great quantity of them suggests only promiscuity (or a desire for a great quantity of funny balloons). "

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
Good luck with that. I'm against cops and pimps raping prostitutes, underage prostitution and same sex marriage.
Prostitution is legal in Europe and some counties in Nevada. They have a better chance of suing the police or pimp for brutality, but it still happens.
So, it appears, you are FOR all manner of promiscuity-for-pay (sans violence) among adults, but against love between two adults for free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
You make an excellent point,Brian.WHY are you against same sex marriage?Stephene

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Hes In The Closet wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that but police brutality is subject to the anger of mob mentality also and the disgrace that brings to a police dept.
See Police brutality, riots of the Anaheim Police dept.
If those victims were armed, they could have had the chance to defend themselves against all that police brutality.
It's no wonder why police want a society that has no guns.
I couldn't have said any better.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
So, it appears, you are FOR all manner of promiscuity-for-pay (sans violence) among adults, but against love between two adults for free.
Are you serious? I'm against rape, forced prostitution, underage prostitution and corruption; I'm not against love.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

STEPHMAR wrote:
You make an excellent point,Brian.WHY are you against same sex marriage?Stephene
I'm against taxpayer benefits, new intrusive government regulation and higher taxes created by writing marriage law that makes government gender blind.

I'm against unisex law. Gender differences are OK, I tolerate gender diverse marriage. Gender segregated marriage destroys the perfect symmetry and affirmative action of male/female marriage.

You have the freedom of worship, to have marriage rites at church. You have freedom to ask friends, associates and family to treat you and your partner as if married. You have't the right to change marriage law for everyone over the consent of the majority.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm against taxpayer benefits, new intrusive government regulation and higher taxes created by writing marriage law that makes government gender blind.
I'm against unisex law. Gender differences are OK, I tolerate gender diverse marriage. Gender segregated marriage destroys the perfect symmetry and affirmative action of male/female marriage.
You have the freedom of worship, to have marriage rites at church. You have freedom to ask friends, associates and family to treat you and your partner as if married. You have't the right to change marriage law for everyone over the consent of the majority.
But,Brian,no one is changing marriage law for everyone.Same sex marriage makes marriage all inclusive for everyone.Male/female marriage is hardly "perfect symmetry"with a divorce rate over 60%.I don't believe that you want an "affirmative action program for male/female marriage."Brian,gender has nothing to do with true love.I like women,very much;and,I adore men,very much.Stephenie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? I'm against rape, forced prostitution, underage prostitution and corruption; I'm not against love.
But, you are NOT against of-age prostitution, and ARE against adult marriage between people who love each other.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
But, you are NOT against of-age prostitution, and ARE against adult marriage between people who love each other.
That's crazy talk. If you go to your church with your partner and have any rite you want; best wishes. If you want to go to New York or Amsterdam to get married; bon voyage. I'm not against anybody's marriage.

What if there are more than two people? That's illegal, same sex marriage isn't. What's up with that?

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

lol, Brian, what kind of dimwittery are you pushing now?

"Possesion of condoms proves intent?" What intent is that, Brian? If I go to the store and buy a dozen and get arrested for waiting for the bus while trans, what kind of intent are they proving?

Once again you're pushing poorly thought out and downright ridiculous opinions.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Say's the pushy trans at the bus stop.
Radical and Clumsy

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Emelye Waldherr wrote:
lol, Brian, what kind of dimwittery are you pushing now?
"Possesion of condoms proves intent?" What intent is that, Brian? If I go to the store and buy a dozen and get arrested for waiting for the bus while trans, what kind of intent are they proving?
Once again you're pushing poorly thought out and downright ridiculous opinions.
You were intent to do everyone on that bus weren't you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's crazy talk. If you go to your church with your partner and have any rite you want; best wishes. If you want to go to New York or Amsterdam to get married; bon voyage. I'm not against anybody's marriage.
What if there are more than two people? That's illegal, same sex marriage isn't. What's up with that?
The size of their lobby?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 6 min Subliminal 2,893
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 11 min Wondering 53,074
Biggest Gay Lies 15 min Frankie Rizzo 1,274
NE Jade: Getting His Freak On! 19 min Frankie Rizzo 4
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 49 min Rosa_Winkel 24,751
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 1 hr WasteWater 201
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 1 hr WasteWater 256
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 hr vote nogay 490
•••