Criminalizing Condoms: Sex Workers Get Policed but Remain Unprotected

Jul 22, 2012 Full story: Common Dreams 37

If you worked a dangerous job, you'd expect the law to help protect you from workplace hazards.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#23 Jul 31, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be a part of it, but also consider that the history of such laws are not based entirely upon the prudishness of some old biddies.
Condom possession is evidence merely of openness to the possibility of erotic relations (or the desire for funny balloons). Even a great quantity of them suggests only promiscuity (or a desire for a great quantity of funny balloons).
What are 'funny balloons'Hon?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24 Jul 31, 2012
Police brutality is a job place hazard for law breakers.

Life is unfair, condoms prove intent. Used condemns prove intercourse. CSI Miami Vice; it's your world now.

We should reform they way our government treats citizens; stop controlling behavior and focus on protecting people. Where prostitution is legal, forced prostitution is reduced but not eliminated.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#25 Jul 31, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Police brutality is a job place hazard for law breakers.
Life is unfair, condoms prove intent. Used condemns prove intercourse. CSI Miami Vice; it's your world now.
We should reform they way our government treats citizens; stop controlling behavior and focus on protecting people. Where prostitution is legal, forced prostitution is reduced but not eliminated.
WRONG Brian,police brutality is not a job hazard;it is a criminal act subject to criminal penalties AND civil suit.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26 Jul 31, 2012
Good luck with that. I'm against cops and pimps raping prostitutes, underage prostitution and same sex marriage.

Prostitution is legal in Europe and some counties in Nevada. They have a better chance of suing the police or pimp for brutality, but it still happens.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#28 Jul 31, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Police brutality is a job place hazard for law breakers.
Life is unfair, condoms prove intent. Used condemns prove intercourse. CSI Miami Vice; it's your world now.
We should reform they way our government treats citizens; stop controlling behavior and focus on protecting people. Where prostitution is legal, forced prostitution is reduced but not eliminated.
Apart from your opening silliness, let's review ...

" ... Condom possession is evidence merely of openness to the possibility of erotic relations (or the desire for funny balloons). Even a great quantity of them suggests only promiscuity (or a desire for a great quantity of funny balloons). "

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#29 Jul 31, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Good luck with that. I'm against cops and pimps raping prostitutes, underage prostitution and same sex marriage.
Prostitution is legal in Europe and some counties in Nevada. They have a better chance of suing the police or pimp for brutality, but it still happens.
So, it appears, you are FOR all manner of promiscuity-for-pay (sans violence) among adults, but against love between two adults for free.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#30 Jul 31, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Good luck with that. I'm against cops and pimps raping prostitutes, underage prostitution and same sex marriage.
Prostitution is legal in Europe and some counties in Nevada. They have a better chance of suing the police or pimp for brutality, but it still happens.
You make an excellent point,Brian.WHY are you against same sex marriage?Stephene

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#31 Jul 31, 2012
Hes In The Closet wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that but police brutality is subject to the anger of mob mentality also and the disgrace that brings to a police dept.
See Police brutality, riots of the Anaheim Police dept.
If those victims were armed, they could have had the chance to defend themselves against all that police brutality.
It's no wonder why police want a society that has no guns.
I couldn't have said any better.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#32 Aug 1, 2012
snyper wrote:
So, it appears, you are FOR all manner of promiscuity-for-pay (sans violence) among adults, but against love between two adults for free.
Are you serious? I'm against rape, forced prostitution, underage prostitution and corruption; I'm not against love.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#33 Aug 1, 2012
STEPHMAR wrote:
You make an excellent point,Brian.WHY are you against same sex marriage?Stephene
I'm against taxpayer benefits, new intrusive government regulation and higher taxes created by writing marriage law that makes government gender blind.

I'm against unisex law. Gender differences are OK, I tolerate gender diverse marriage. Gender segregated marriage destroys the perfect symmetry and affirmative action of male/female marriage.

You have the freedom of worship, to have marriage rites at church. You have freedom to ask friends, associates and family to treat you and your partner as if married. You have't the right to change marriage law for everyone over the consent of the majority.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#34 Aug 1, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm against taxpayer benefits, new intrusive government regulation and higher taxes created by writing marriage law that makes government gender blind.
I'm against unisex law. Gender differences are OK, I tolerate gender diverse marriage. Gender segregated marriage destroys the perfect symmetry and affirmative action of male/female marriage.
You have the freedom of worship, to have marriage rites at church. You have freedom to ask friends, associates and family to treat you and your partner as if married. You have't the right to change marriage law for everyone over the consent of the majority.
But,Brian,no one is changing marriage law for everyone.Same sex marriage makes marriage all inclusive for everyone.Male/female marriage is hardly "perfect symmetry"with a divorce rate over 60%.I don't believe that you want an "affirmative action program for male/female marriage."Brian,gender has nothing to do with true love.I like women,very much;and,I adore men,very much.Stephenie

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#35 Aug 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? I'm against rape, forced prostitution, underage prostitution and corruption; I'm not against love.
But, you are NOT against of-age prostitution, and ARE against adult marriage between people who love each other.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#36 Aug 2, 2012
snyper wrote:
But, you are NOT against of-age prostitution, and ARE against adult marriage between people who love each other.
That's crazy talk. If you go to your church with your partner and have any rite you want; best wishes. If you want to go to New York or Amsterdam to get married; bon voyage. I'm not against anybody's marriage.

What if there are more than two people? That's illegal, same sex marriage isn't. What's up with that?

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#37 Aug 2, 2012
lol, Brian, what kind of dimwittery are you pushing now?

"Possesion of condoms proves intent?" What intent is that, Brian? If I go to the store and buy a dozen and get arrested for waiting for the bus while trans, what kind of intent are they proving?

Once again you're pushing poorly thought out and downright ridiculous opinions.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#38 Aug 2, 2012
Say's the pushy trans at the bus stop.
Radical and Clumsy

Fullerton, CA

#40 Aug 2, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
lol, Brian, what kind of dimwittery are you pushing now?
"Possesion of condoms proves intent?" What intent is that, Brian? If I go to the store and buy a dozen and get arrested for waiting for the bus while trans, what kind of intent are they proving?
Once again you're pushing poorly thought out and downright ridiculous opinions.
You were intent to do everyone on that bus weren't you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41 Aug 2, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's crazy talk. If you go to your church with your partner and have any rite you want; best wishes. If you want to go to New York or Amsterdam to get married; bon voyage. I'm not against anybody's marriage.
What if there are more than two people? That's illegal, same sex marriage isn't. What's up with that?
The size of their lobby?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr RevKen 26,691
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 1 hr Zamby 126
Comedian Margaret Cho to headline at San Jose I... 1 hr FaFooey 20
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 1 hr RevKen 40
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 2 hr NorCal Native 10
Seoul's Mayor Apologizes for Nixing Gay Rights ... 3 hr Ainu 23
Supreme Court allows gay marriage to proceed in... 3 hr Otter in the Ozarks 1
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 4 hr Pope Bennie s Closet 4,999
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 hr KiMerde 2,836
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Rick in Kansas 5,455
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 13 hr EdmondWA 12
More from around the web