Gay marriage supporters watch hearing

For more than 100 people at Los Angeles City Hall -- many of them joined in marriage to a gay or lesbian partner before Nov. Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Miguel

AOL

#1 Mar 6, 2009
....the whimpering's of the minority, will attempt to defeat the voice of the voters. If the vote against Prop-8 had won, these same tyrants would be singing it's praise. Yes on Prop-8, the People have spoken....!!!!
Dan

AOL

#2 Mar 6, 2009
Miguel wrote:
....the whimpering's of the minority, will attempt to defeat the voice of the voters. If the vote against Prop-8 had won, these same tyrants would be singing it's praise. Yes on Prop-8, the People have spoken....!!!!
Watch out, they'll be voting on YOUR rights next, and you'll probably be deported back to Mexico. I wouldn't celebrate any victory's when an IGNORANT majority votes away rights of an unprotected minority. I bet you didn't know that this same majority would have forbidden you from marrying a caucasian or asian. It was the court that allowed YOU to marry a person of a different race. If it had been up to the voters, it would have been illegal. So, you STILL think that the voters should have the final and ONLY say? I hope not...
Dan

AOL

#3 Mar 6, 2009
In 1964 this same California electorate voted to allow discrimination against blacks in housing and home sales. Ronald Reagan said "If a person wants to discriminate against a NEGRO it is his right to do so" (he could easily have said "HISPANIC" couldn't he?). It took the CA Supreme Court two years to throw out this hateful amendment which passed by a MUCH larger majority than Prop 8, well over 60 percent of the CA majority voted to discriminate against blacks. The US Supreme Court upheld this decision on appeal. Prop 8 was a DISGRACE, and I hope this kind of "hate crime" never happens to you, as a hispanic. It easily COULD because of the anti immigrant mentality that is now prevalent in our country. Watch out Miguel, YOUR rights are next...
Dan

AOL

#4 Mar 6, 2009
Sorry Prop 14, which allowed discrimination against blacks in 1964, was not an amendment... It still did the job of successfully taking away rights for a minority... If Prop 8 stands, I fear that someday another minority will again lose their civil rights by a bare majority vote...
Miguel

AOL

#5 Mar 6, 2009
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, they'll be voting on YOUR rights next, and you'll probably be deported back to Mexico. I wouldn't celebrate any victory's when an IGNORANT majority votes away rights of an unprotected minority. I bet you didn't know that this same majority would have forbidden you from marrying a caucasian or asian. It was the court that allowed YOU to marry a person of a different race. If it had been up to the voters, it would have been illegal. So, you STILL think that the voters should have the final and ONLY say? I hope not...
....Sorry, the right to marry IS NOT a constitutional right. And I call those of you if you voted against Prop-8 as the ignorant, arrogant, and bullying minority if you want to throw names around. If Prop-8 had failed the anti Prop-8 people would have been rejoicing in the streets and screaming at those of us who voted for it to shut-up because "the people had spoke." Well we did speak....

sana, sana, culito de rana,
si no se te alivia ahora,
se te aliviará mañana
Miguel

AOL

#6 Mar 6, 2009
Dan wrote:
In 1964 this same California electorate voted to allow discrimination against blacks in housing and home sales. Ronald Reagan said "If a person wants to discriminate against a NEGRO it is his right to do so" (he could easily have said "HISPANIC" couldn't he?). It took the CA Supreme Court two years to throw out this hateful amendment which passed by a MUCH larger majority than Prop 8, well over 60 percent of the CA majority voted to discriminate against blacks. The US Supreme Court upheld this decision on appeal. Prop 8 was a DISGRACE, and I hope this kind of "hate crime" never happens to you, as a hispanic. It easily COULD because of the anti immigrant mentality that is now prevalent in our country. Watch out Miguel, YOUR rights are next...
....Danlito, I AM a U.S. citizen (who came here LEGALLY) and I am AGAINST ILLEGAL immigration into this country, so please, stop trying to make this a race issue. When did being become akin to being Black, and when did the plight of the Blacks during the Civil Rights movement become akin to people breaking into our country? Besides Prop-8 does not deny you the right to get married, it just does not make the term "married" recognized in the State of California. So go to a priest, say your vows to God, or whomever you pray to, or/and get a civil union, but sorry, the term married "married" belongs to us....OUT!
Dan

AOL

#7 Mar 6, 2009
Great, just wait until the "people speak" and send you back to Mexico! We'll be dancing in the streets. Adios, amigo!
Dan

AOL

#8 Mar 6, 2009
We'd be all for Civil Unions for ALL people, and the government shouldn't recognize ANY marriages that take place in churches. We want the government out of the marriage business. Obama is also for Civil Unions, and to repeal the Defense of Marriage act. By the way, amigo, it looks very likely that my big gay marriage will be upheld. Get used to it. Whether you like it or not, CA will ALWAYS have gay marriage as long as I'm alive....
Prop 9- Eliminates the rights of Mexicans to live in California, regardless of when they came here, whether legally or illegally.
VOTE YES ON PROP 9!
Dan

AOL

#9 Mar 6, 2009
Prop 9- Elimina las derechas del mexicano de vivir en California, sin importar cuando vinieron aquí, si legalmente o ilegal.
By the way, I don't pray to any god, because I believe man created god and not vice versa. Guess you didn't know that the bible creation story has been proven scientifically to be wrong? The earth is MILLIONS of years old, not 6000 as the bible says. Oops!
Dan

AOL

#10 Mar 6, 2009
If I wanted a church marriage, I would have asked my Evangelical father to marry us. But, I didn't want ANYBODY'S "manmade" god at something as important as my wedding. We went to city hall, and that's as it should be for ALL couples. Civil Unions for ALL!
Dan

AOL

#11 Mar 6, 2009
Dan is MARRIED to his same sex partner, and there's NOTHING Manuel can do about it! We are equal, amigo... Adios!
thetruthhurts

Pomona, CA

#12 Mar 6, 2009
Miguel...Don't pay any attention to that arrogant fudgepacker. He thinks he so right and so perfect that I bet his car has no exhaust fumes what-so-ever. Notice how he's griping about bigotry and discrimination, and then in turn stereotypes you as an illegal Mexican due to your name. Are you impressed with his Spanish? Maybe he can go fight for gay rights in Mexico, where they'll hang his fairy ass.
Mom

Rockville, VA

#13 Mar 6, 2009
1 min ago
The fact is that Prop. 8 wrote discrimination into our constitution. If someone is against gay marriage then he/she should not marry someone of the same sex. Instead of thumping those Bibles perhaps people should read them in their entirety. Those of you who spread hate and prejudice in the name of the Lord should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. The golden rule says: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." If you believe in the Bible then you believe that God created Adam. He also created Steve.
Prop. 8 was just another way for bigots to justify their bully tactics. Those of you claiming to be on the side of God are showing hatred toward His creatures. Those of you who just think it's just icky should probably stay out of political discussions as you are truly not mature enough to understand what's going on with these issues. I don't want the government telling me how I have to worship and I don't want some churches telling the government how to take care of state business.
I have a real problem with the supporters of Prop. 8 saying that because it got the majority of the vote it should be written into law. The fact is that they didn't take the proper legal channels to have it entered onto the ballots so why are they now so intent on the other side following the rules? Peace and love to all.
Mom

Rockville, VA

#14 Mar 6, 2009
thetruthhurts wrote:
Miguel...Don't pay any attention to that arrogant fudgepacker. He thinks he so right and so perfect that I bet his car has no exhaust fumes what-so-ever. Notice how he's griping about bigotry and discrimination, and then in turn stereotypes you as an illegal Mexican due to your name. Are you impressed with his Spanish? Maybe he can go fight for gay rights in Mexico, where they'll hang his fairy ****.
I really hate to tell you that gays have more rights in Mexico than in the US. If you truly believe in you side of the issue perhaps you should argue your point instead of name calling. An intelligent argument goes so much further than immature name calling. It's nice to see you enjoying your constitutional rights, can I ask why you don't think everyone should be able to do the same?
Dan

AOL

#15 Mar 6, 2009
Yes, that's right, thetruthhurts, GETS my point. I'm stereotyping Mexicans because that is what has been done to us gay people for centuries. So, what? And your point is?
MY point is that everybody belongs to a minority group of some kind, and for one group to say it's OK to discriminate against another group just because they don't believe the same bible stories is not right. And, if think the US isn't ready for gay marriage, I'd say Mexico won't have it for another hundred years. Although, I think Mexico City has domestic partner benefits for gays and lesbians. Not sure on that... And, what about the "fatherland" Spain? They have FULL gay marriage, despite the Catholic church's best efforts to prevent it...
Vota SI on Prop 9!
Dan

AOL

#16 Mar 6, 2009
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hate to tell you that gays have more rights in Mexico than in the US. If you truly believe in you side of the issue perhaps you should argue your point instead of name calling. An intelligent argument goes so much further than immature name calling. It's nice to see you enjoying your constitutional rights, can I ask why you don't think everyone should be able to do the same?
That's right Mom! You rock... Thetruthhurts just shows what Prop 8 was really about: "GAY BASHING." Who cares if you had fags? I could care less. I hate ignorant folks too. If you want to resort to namecalling, I can come up with quite a few myself. And, I'm resorting to the same ignorance by showing Miguel that many Californians don't want his Mexican arse here. So, WHAT? Who cares?
Dan

AOL

#17 Mar 6, 2009
Sorry, bad typing. I wanted to say, "Who cares if you hate f.a.g.s?" You give straight people a bad name, my friend, and amigo... People were using all sorts of names for blacks in the 1960s, and voted down their rights. Thankfully the Supreme Court stepped in and ended this discrimination. I could care less if you can say the "N" word. Big deal. All it proves is your own infantile state of mind...
Mom

Rockville, VA

#18 Mar 6, 2009
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Mom! You rock... Thetruthhurts just shows what Prop 8 was really about: "GAY BASHING." Who cares if you had ****? I could care less. I hate ignorant folks too. If you want to resort to namecalling, I can come up with quite a few myself. And, I'm resorting to the same ignorance by showing Miguel that many Californians don't want his Mexican arse here. So, WHAT? Who cares?
I agree with you on the gay rights issue but I'm not prejudice against Mexicans or anyone else. Equal right are for all to enjoy. I understand why you're going there because you feel that you'll give him a taste of his own medicine, but don't. You were speaking so intelligently before keep that up. Let the closed minded argue ignorantly and let us refuse to argue with ignorance. We can only hope to educate not bash. Bigotry is bigotry. Prejudice is prejudice and I don't want anyone teaching my children prejudice. Peace and love to all.
Mom

Rockville, VA

#19 Mar 6, 2009
Dan wrote:
Yes, that's right, thetruthhurts, GETS my point. I'm stereotyping Mexicans because that is what has been done to us gay people for centuries. So, what? And your point is?
MY point is that everybody belongs to a minority group of some kind, and for one group to say it's OK to discriminate against another group just because they don't believe the same bible stories is not right. And, if think the US isn't ready for gay marriage, I'd say Mexico won't have it for another hundred years. Although, I think Mexico City has domestic partner benefits for gays and lesbians. Not sure on that... And, what about the "fatherland" Spain? They have FULL gay marriage, despite the Catholic church's best efforts to prevent it...
Vota SI on Prop 9!
I was really hoping something like that was coming. You went back to brilliance. Keep it up.
Dan

AOL

#20 Mar 6, 2009
Hang on, Mom, I think I know what's going on now. Did you ever see those commercials for enlargment of that "certain male body part?" Did you ever notice it's a straight girl complaining about her man's size? That's because gay guys don't have this problem. It's been proven we have larger penises:
http://www.salon.com/health/sex/urge/world/19...
The reason a lot of straight men are so homophobic is because they know that they are inferior below the belt. It's the "Napolean" syndrome (some people say Hitler was small too).
So, homophobia among straight guys is nothing more than penis envy...
Get over it Manuel and thetruthhurts...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 3 min Tubal Cain 1,772
First local queer film fest set for launch 8 min TW_sugar_daddio 4
We Need More Gay Sex on TV 9 min Frankie Rizzo 72
4 couples suing over Montana's gay-marriage ban 9 min cancer suxs 620
Biggest Gay Lies 18 min Frankie Rizzo 2,001
Catholic League to sit out St. Patrick's Day pa... 33 min Frankie Rizzo 66
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 34 min Frankie Rizzo 383
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 36 min Frankie Rizzo 607
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr badge 17591 55,887
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 10
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 3 hr WeTheSheeple 751
•••
Enter and win $5000