Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239566 Oct 21, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it didn't.
Yes it DID! Na na na na naaaaaa na!

:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#239567 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
For a new religion, it certainly depends on the ancient religion for it's Celtic "characters."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Wiccan Teaching Materials
Visualising within a particular tradition or mythic strata of images can also be powerful- for example, if all involved in the circle visualise the Elemental Guardians as being of Celtic form in some way, that will bring a distinct flavour to the power invoked into the circle.
http://www.galdraheim.kirion.net/articles.htm
Your dishonesty is showing again, as what you've quoted says nothing about a dependence on any "characters", Celtic or not, and says nothing about forms from an "ancient religion".

Speaking of dishonesty, bring forward a post where I said that Gardner didn't start Wicca, or that he had nothing to do with Wicca, or admit you lied. If, as you claimed, I stated it "over and over", you should have NO problem finding one little old post to prove your accusation.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239568 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she was confused between her parent's two religions and the Catholics just STATED she was Catholic for their agendas.
I was very confused about what to believe, and I would be insulted if someone after my death claimed I was either a Christian, or a following of Rosicrucian dogma.
I would put it DOWN to a belief in a god added to a whole lot of confusion.
She was a practising Catholic. YOU were not practising any religion. A belief in an emotion as Deity is NOT a religion.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239569 Oct 21, 2012
Samhain is still celebrated as a cultural festival by some (though it has mostly been replaced by Halloween)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Wiccans thought they were "smart" by reviving the old religion and using the ancient term Samhain.

Yet they call their religion NEW.

Silly games for adult "children."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239570 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it DID! Na na na na naaaaaa na!
No, it didn't. Still, what sentence do YOU think did so?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239571 Oct 21, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your deflection is showing, June.

Bitner never deflects. She just PROTECTS ... or at least does her best TO protect her cult from "invasion" without.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239572 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Samhain is still celebrated as a cultural festival by some (though it has mostly been replaced by Halloween)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The Wiccans thought they were "smart" by reviving the old religion and using the ancient term Samhain.
Yet they call their religion NEW.
Silly games for adult "children."
It IS a new religion. All religions make use of beliefs, practises or holidays from previous religions. So? Doesn't mean they are not new.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239573 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner never deflects. She just PROTECTS ... or at least does her best TO protect her cult from "invasion" without.
Aw, June, is THIS you dealing with "issues and not playing to personalities"? LOL, you're a liar, and a fraud.

You're the one deflecting.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239574 Oct 21, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a practising Catholic. YOU were not practising any religion. A belief in an emotion as Deity is NOT a religion.
I was practising one or the other or both as a child.

As an adult I wrote the following poem, Does it seem I was not practicing religion Bitner???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Real Tree

Rather than companionship
We desired full control
Becoming false creators
Knowing not our goal

Drifting on life’s current
At first in harmony
Caring for each other
We created our own tree

In time we chose division
Illusion seemed so real
As the senses governed us
Dominion they did steal

Selfish motives took control
As we became enslaved
By the want for power
For pleasures that we craved

We drifted oh so aimlessly
In darkness of the soul
Disowning our creator
False gods out of control

Then the Master took on form
He didn’t have to come
Except to lead us by his love
Through him to find our home

Did Jesus try to show us
How to rule our enemies
The senses … thoughts of selfish will
To die to them daily

We cannot have two Masters
One must have command
With child-like faith I ask you
Align me by your hand

Please help me find the real tree
The roots so sound and true
The fruit of love … void of decay
Dear Jesus … I thank you

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239575 Oct 21, 2012
I also wrote long poems about reincarnation which came from my father's belief from within the Rosicrucian Order.

For years I bounced back and forth now knowing what to believe ... until I left all religion in the dust-bin of my past, and finally found peace within.

But, Bitner knows more about my life than I know ... for sure.

It's part of her "wisdom."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239576 Oct 21, 2012
NOT knowing what to believe

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239577 Oct 21, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS a new religion. All religions make use of beliefs, practises or holidays from previous religions. So? Doesn't mean they are not new.
All religions that profess to be new should not steal dogma from the old. And all religion ... including yours, had that same bad habit of dogma-theft in the pretence of being new.

But Gardner and his comrades, by pretending they were a reconstruction of an ancient religion were caught in their lies.

You can't have it both ways Bitner, and neither could Gardner and "company."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239578 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was practising one or the other or both as a child.
As an adult I wrote the following poem, Does it seem I was not practicing religion Bitner???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
The Real Tree
Rather than companionship
We desired full control
Becoming false creators
Knowing not our goal
Drifting on life’s current
At first in harmony
Caring for each other
We created our own tree
In time we chose division
Illusion seemed so real
As the senses governed us
Dominion they did steal
Selfish motives took control
As we became enslaved
By the want for power
For pleasures that we craved
We drifted oh so aimlessly
In darkness of the soul
Disowning our creator
False gods out of control
Then the Master took on form
He didn’t have to come
Except to lead us by his love
Through him to find our home
Did Jesus try to show us
How to rule our enemies
The senses … thoughts of selfish will
To die to them daily
We cannot have two Masters
One must have command
With child-like faith I ask you
Align me by your hand
Please help me find the real tree
The roots so sound and true
The fruit of love … void of decay
Dear Jesus … I thank you
I was not talking about you as a child. I'm talking about since I've known you. A belief in an emotion as Deity is not a religion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239579 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I also wrote long poems about reincarnation which came from my father's belief from within the Rosicrucian Order.
For years I bounced back and forth now knowing what to believe ... until I left all religion in the dust-bin of my past, and finally found peace within.
But, Bitner knows more about my life than I know ... for sure.
It's part of her "wisdom."
You were not a practising member of a religion, June. And you keep proving my point that you weren't.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239580 Oct 21, 2012
From the book … The True Believer … Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements … by Eric Hoffer. Published 1951.

Men of Words

The fanatics and the faith-hungry masses, however are likely to invest such speculations with the certitude of holy writ, and make them the fountainhead of a new faith. Jesus was not a Christian, nor was Marx a Marxist.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239581 Oct 21, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not a practising member of a religion, June. And you keep proving my point that you weren't.
You're comparable to a broken record.

I'm through with you on this subject.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239582 Oct 21, 2012
The Quotable Hitchens … The very best of Christopher Hitchens … edited by Windsor Mann

Superstition

“To regret that we cannot be done with superstition is no more than to regret that we have a common ancestry with apes and plants and fish.”

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#239583 Oct 21, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions that profess to be new should not steal dogma from the old. And all religion ... including yours, had that same bad habit of dogma-theft in the pretence of being new.
But Gardner and his comrades, by pretending they were a reconstruction of an ancient religion were caught in their lies.
You can't have it both ways Bitner, and neither could Gardner and "company."
I'm not trying to have it both ways, that's just your lie.

Yes, Gardner lied when he said Wicca was a survival.

However, ALL religions use beliefs, or practices, or holidays from previous. So? You not liking that is irrelevant. No one has to care what you think.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239584 Oct 21, 2012
Wiccans such as Bitner seem to claim an affinity with nature, animals, plants, etc.

But she needs her goddess all the same!

Without her goddess, how could believe she was a witch and could bring the goddess down into her self???

WOW! Now THAT is a "whole" lot of power that ya can't get from hugging a plain old tree!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239585 Oct 21, 2012
I also appreciate the beautiful side of nature ... but the nasty side is nothing with which I want to associate.

Nature-lovers would not appreciate getting mauled by a grizzly bear, or ravished by disease, or to have their homes demolished in hurricanes.

To have an affinity with nature means to take the nasty side with the beauty ... and that side of nature simply ain't gonna get my worship ... creator or no creator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min WasteWater 26,784
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 11 min WasteWater 2,905
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 35 min WEPORKHICKS 128
Critics Claim Religious Freedom Act Legalizes B... 41 min L Craig s Hush Pu... 30
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 47 min Pietro Armando 5,053
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,262
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 1 hr RevKen 52
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Karla 68,527
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 5,676
More from around the web