Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
204,461 - 204,480 of 219,865 Comments Last updated 58 min ago

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239092
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
Meaning of Witchcraft, by Gerald Gardner …
Forward by Dr. Leo Louis Martello
Garner was the apostle of modern Witchcraft, whether he was ever given a third degree initiation or not. And many who have claimed to be “traditional” or “Hereditary” as opposed to “Gardnarian,” give themselves away by both the rites and the “tools” used in their ceremonies, traceable to Gardner’s influence. Without Gardner there are many today, regardless of what they call themselves, who simply wouldn’t exist…not as Witches or Pagans.
So?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239093
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
Human sacrifice has been practised in various cultures throughout history. Victims were typically ritually killed in a manner that was supposed to please or appease gods, spirits or the deceased, for example as a propitiatory offering, or as a retainer sacrifice when the King's servants are killed in order for them to continue to serve their master in the next life. Closely related practices found in some tribal societies are cannibalism and headhunting. By the Iron Age, with the associated developments in religion (the Axial Age), human sacrifice was becoming less common throughout the Old World, and came to be looked down upon as barbaric in pre-modern times (Classical Antiquity).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice
So?

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239094
Oct 17, 2012
 
(Gavin and Yvonne Frost, The Magic Power of Witchcraft pg 6 Notice the phrase Wicca was in existence “long eons” before. The Frosts ignore the fact Pagan religions -- including the Celtic ones from which they claim their religion comes from -- also had concepts of devils and evil spirits).

http://usminc.org/oldreligion.html

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239095
Oct 17, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you go AGAIN, pretending that it's one religion. It's not.
And no, modern Paganism is not "simply fluff". You're lying.
Gerald Gardner didn't "welcome" the concept of evil into his modernized Pagan religions, as I believe he was fully aware that modern believers would only welcome imaginary deities of LOVE ... sugar and candy-fluff!

He was "quite" the astute business-man.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239096
Oct 17, 2012
 
There were no ancient witches for Gardner TO interview or to be attacked by. But his flamboyant book sales "sky"-rocketed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

“The Gardnerians stem from Dr.[?] Gerald B. Gardner who was initiated by a hereditary witch named “Daffo” in the New Forrest area...Gardner was attacked by the old witches for...courting publicity which the old witches avoided like the plague.(Stewart Farrar, What Witches Do pg 6 It doesn’t go into details as to who these “old witches” that attacked Gardner were. That’s because there weren’t any. Gardner had simply made the whole thing up, along with his two non-existent Doctorates!)

http://usminc.org/oldreligion.html

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239097
Oct 17, 2012
 
What exactly IS a doctor of religion?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239098
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
(Gavin and Yvonne Frost, The Magic Power of Witchcraft pg 6 Notice the phrase Wicca was in existence “long eons” before. The Frosts ignore the fact Pagan religions -- including the Celtic ones from which they claim their religion comes from -- also had concepts of devils and evil spirits).
http://usminc.org/oldreligion.html
Yeah, well, the Frosts also pretended to have unicorns. They're considered weird at the very least, and unreliable at best these days.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239099
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Gerald Gardner didn't "welcome" the concept of evil into his modernized Pagan religions, as I believe he was fully aware that modern believers would only welcome imaginary deities of LOVE ... sugar and candy-fluff!
He was "quite" the astute business-man.
LOL, complete nonsense. You're misrepresenting Wicca once again.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239100
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
There were no ancient witches for Gardner TO interview or to be attacked by. But his flamboyant book sales "sky"-rocketed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
“The Gardnerians stem from Dr.[?] Gerald B. Gardner who was initiated by a hereditary witch named “Daffo” in the New Forrest area...Gardner was attacked by the old witches for...courting publicity which the old witches avoided like the plague.(Stewart Farrar, What Witches Do pg 6 It doesn’t go into details as to who these “old witches” that attacked Gardner were. That’s because there weren’t any. Gardner had simply made the whole thing up, along with his two non-existent Doctorates!)
http://usminc.org/oldreligion.html
What does one person's opinion prove? Oh yeah, you're an extremist, you'll believe anything that tells you what you want to hear.

http://www.atheistrev.com/2007/03/atheist-ext...

"The atheist extremist would hold views which would be considered extreme by most members of the atheist community. Like any other type of extremist, an atheist extremist would be irrational. This irrationality would be manifest through cognitive errors such as (and not limited to) the following:

Overgeneralization - Drawing grand conclusions based on isolated examples (e.g., "Because one Christian does something bad, all Christians are bad.").
Dichotomous Thinking - Framing the world in terms of absolutes without acknowledging meaningful gradations (e.g., "Atheists are smart; believers are stupid.").
Disqualifying the Positive - Rejecting positive experiences as somehow not counting in order to preserve one's negative view of some group (e.g., "Christians may give a lot to charity but only to promote their agenda of brainwashing.").

Through irrationality, the atheist extremist would maintain his or her position by selectively focusing on supportive evidence while ignoring or explaining away contradictory evidence. Attempts to question his or her worldview would be experienced as personal attacks and would solidify extreme positions. Such an individual would form an intense emotional attachment to his or her viewpoint which would override that justified by evidence and reason.

I have not encountered many atheists like this, but I have come across a few. I don't believe they are common, but I do believe they exist. Like extremists of other brands, they have stopped thinking and exist simply to argue a viewpoint they may no longer be able to articulate."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239101
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
What exactly IS a doctor of religion?
If you're talking about Gardner, he didn't claim to have a Doctorate in religion, but one in Archaeology, and one in Literature. He apparently had neither.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239102
Oct 17, 2012
 
Sounds like June's B.S. in religion.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239103
Oct 17, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're talking about Gardner, he didn't claim to have a Doctorate in religion, but one in Archaeology, and one in Literature. He apparently had neither.
So it seems that Gardner was not exactly honest.

However, I was more thinking of these supposed "doctors."

Doctors of the Church

Certain ecclesiastical writers have received this title on account of the great advantage the whole Church has derived from their doctrine

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05075a.htm

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239104
Oct 17, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, the Frosts also pretended to have unicorns. They're considered weird at the very least, and unreliable at best these days.
They no doubt had followers. People enjoy flamboyant stories.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239105
Oct 17, 2012
 
Someone located and emailed the data to me of the minister that placed a letter against homosexuals in the newspaper in Red Deer Alberta.

I thought it was biblical scriptures that he posted, but it was a long, very anti-gay letter.

He had a human rights complaint filed against him by a private person. As I previously thought was the case, he was "not" charged with a "hate speech" offense under the Criminal Code by the state. It was simply a preliminary hearing not a trial decision, and it never went farther.

http://www.law.ualberta.ca/centres/ccs/news/...

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239106
Oct 17, 2012
 
Jumper wrote:
Sounds like June's B.S. in religion.
Is there anything in religion that "isn't" B.S.?

:)

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239107
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Here is the anti-homosexual letter written by the pastor.

http://canadianpastor.blogspot.ca/
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239108
Oct 17, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
Here is the anti-homosexual letter written by the pastor.
http://canadianpastor.blogspot.ca/
So....what part botherd you?

Not that I agree.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239109
Oct 18, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So it seems that Gardner was not exactly honest.
However, I was more thinking of these supposed "doctors."
Doctors of the Church
Certain ecclesiastical writers have received this title on account of the great advantage the whole Church has derived from their doctrine
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05075a.htm
I don't know why you're so confused. It says right in the part you posted why they are called that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239110
Oct 18, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They no doubt had followers. People enjoy flamboyant stories.
So?

http://www.atheistrev.com/2007/03/atheist-ext...

"Like extremists of other brands, they have stopped thinking and exist simply to argue a viewpoint they may no longer be able to articulate."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#239111
Oct 18, 2012
 
June VanDerMark wrote:
Someone located and emailed the data to me of the minister that placed a letter against homosexuals in the newspaper in Red Deer Alberta.
I thought it was biblical scriptures that he posted, but it was a long, very anti-gay letter.
He had a human rights complaint filed against him by a private person. As I previously thought was the case, he was "not" charged with a "hate speech" offense under the Criminal Code by the state. It was simply a preliminary hearing not a trial decision, and it never went farther.
http://www.law.ualberta.ca/centres/ccs/news/...
Well, I'd say that the phrase "do whatever is necessary" qualifies as hate speech, but that's my personal opinion. clearly he didn't break a law on the subject, or it would have.

And, I believe that whoever took him to court had every right to do so, no matter what the outcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••