Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
204,461 - 204,480 of 219,427 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

If any homosexual wants to take a Christian to court for defamation of gender or hate speech, I believe that is what the courts are for.

However, I hope the homosexual does not win on either count, as that type of silencing others will backfire on all of us, and I very much value freedom of speech.

I didn't appreciate the words of the preacher in the letter to the newspaper either, but his words are there for others to judge his character. And I suspect that soon enough for using a bible to vilify homosexuals, that preacher will appear (as will the pope)... an archaic dinosaur.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously comparing religious homosexuals to homicidal maniacs?
LOL, thank you, for continuing to prove that you will take any disgusting position, so long as it is the opposite of one I happen to be taking.
You were condeming me for not wanting to adopt to religious homosexuals as though I was picking on the homosexual aspect.

Would you adopt to just any homosexual, just because he/she is homosexual? Or would you question other aspects of the situation?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, she was a practicing Catholic.
Her father was a Pagan and her mother was a Christian. Are you now taking the father's religion away from him to prove your point?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

To people who adore flamboyance, changing the word Halloween to Samhain probably thrills their emotions, just as many other fads often thrills emotions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Yesterday was Halloween, known to some out there as Samhain. The people these days who use that word to describe Halloween tend to be pagans and often of that particular variety known as Wiccan.

http://wilybadger.wordpress.com/2008/11/01/wi...

“Post at your own risk”

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you don't choose sides Junket, or you might appear as though you are playing favorites to personalities ... not posting to any "subject" at hand.
:)
Okey dokey, June. What's the subject: "Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays", right? When's the last time anyone posted even something remotely close to the thread title?

I really wonder what happened here, do tell.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You were condeming me for not wanting to adopt to religious homosexuals as though I was picking on the homosexual aspect.
Would you adopt to just any homosexual, just because he/she is homosexual? Or would you question other aspects of the situation?
I never said, or even implied, that you are doing so because they are homosexuals. I'm being very clear that it's because they are RELIGIOUS homosexuals.

You can't claim to want them to have equal treatment, and then discriminate against those that are religious.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Her father was a Pagan and her mother was a Christian. Are you now taking the father's religion away from him to prove your point?
SHE was a practising Catholic.

You're proving my point for me. That point being that it doesn't matter WHAT religion one's parents are, it's what religion the person is practising that matters. A belief in an emotion as Deity is NOT a religion, nor were you a practising member of a religion. Therefore, you were NOT in a religion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
To people who adore flamboyance, changing the word Halloween to Samhain probably thrills their emotions, just as many other fads often thrills emotions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Yesterday was Halloween, known to some out there as Samhain. The people these days who use that word to describe Halloween tend to be pagans and often of that particular variety known as Wiccan.
http://wilybadger.wordpress.com/2008/11/01/wi...
No one changed the word from Halloween to Samhain. Even your own extremist source doesn't say that, Moron.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
If any homosexual wants to take a Christian to court for defamation of gender or hate speech, I believe that is what the courts are for.
However, I hope the homosexual does not win on either count, as that type of silencing others will backfire on all of us, and I very much value freedom of speech.
I didn't appreciate the words of the preacher in the letter to the newspaper either, but his words are there for others to judge his character. And I suspect that soon enough for using a bible to vilify homosexuals, that preacher will appear (as will the pope)... an archaic dinosaur.
His call to his followers to "do everything necessary...." may incite someone to beat or kill a homosexual. And you are fine with that, apparently.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Love story ends with sick woman taking own life

Eric was an Anglican priest and family man with a wife and two children when he met Elizabeth in rural Nova Scotia in 1984.

She was the daughter of a parishioner and had joined her sister in a confirmation class he was teaching.

She was 15 years old 27 years his junior.

Many years later, she would tell him she fell in love with him that day.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/12...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said, or even implied, that you are doing so because they are homosexuals. I'm being very clear that it's because they are RELIGIOUS homosexuals.
You can't claim to want them to have equal treatment, and then discriminate against those that are religious.
I am against religion and that is my right.

You are certainly pushy when it pertains to your own beliefs.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE was a practising Catholic.
You're proving my point for me. That point being that it doesn't matter WHAT religion one's parents are, it's what religion the person is practising that matters. A belief in an emotion as Deity is NOT a religion, nor were you a practising member of a religion. Therefore, you were NOT in a religion.
Her father was a Pagan and her mother a Christian ... so according to your philosophy she could not have chosen one or the other, as she was not raised in "A" religion.

My parents were Christian and Rosicrucian. The scenarios are the same.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
His call to his followers to "do everything necessary...." may incite someone to beat or kill a homosexual. And you are fine with that, apparently.
You're silly, yet very determined ... as witches are Xpected to be!

They could not manipulate the elements if they were not determined ... could they Bitner?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your own extremist source doesn't say that, Moron.
Yes they did! It was and IS child's play.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

My father certainly never indicated or believed that those in the Rosicrucian Order were nudist, and my father was anything but. So where Gardner came up with that idea to inject in his new religion was from my perspective, not from the Rosicrucians.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Her father was a Pagan and her mother a Christian ... so according to your philosophy she could not have chosen one or the other, as she was not raised in "A" religion.
My parents were Christian and Rosicrucian. The scenarios are the same.
No, because you weren't a practising member of either of those religions since I've known you. You keep ignoring that fact. The woman you posted about WAS a practising Catholic, and so she WAS in a religion. It's not the same scenario at all. There is a difference that you are apparently not bright enough, or honest enough, to acknowledge.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're silly, yet very determined ... as witches are Xpected to be!
They could not manipulate the elements if they were not determined ... could they Bitner?
Your deflection is showing, June.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did! It was and IS child's play.
No, it didn't.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

For a new religion, it certainly depends on the ancient religion for it's Celtic "characters."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Wiccan Teaching Materials

Visualising within a particular tradition or mythic strata of images can also be powerful- for example, if all involved in the circle visualise the Elemental Guardians as being of Celtic form in some way, that will bring a distinct flavour to the power invoked into the circle.

http://www.galdraheim.kirion.net/articles.htm

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because you weren't a practising member of either of those religions since I've known you. You keep ignoring that fact. The woman you posted about WAS a practising Catholic, and so she WAS in a religion. It's not the same scenario at all. There is a difference that you are apparently not bright enough, or honest enough, to acknowledge.
Maybe she was confused between her parent's two religions and the Catholics just STATED she was Catholic for their agendas.

I was very confused about what to believe, and I would be insulted if someone after my death claimed I was either a Christian, or a following of Rosicrucian dogma.

I would put it DOWN to a belief in a god added to a whole lot of confusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••