Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236594 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a problem with authors making money?
When they sell religion ... YES!!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236595 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Note the words ... "self-determination" ... and you will understand Bitner's will to always be right concerning every issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
This is the New Wicca, taking Wicca to its core values: self-determination, and personal relationship with the Divine.
http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/being-a-wit...
What you are quoting doesn't support your claims. As usual, you're twisting what you read, trying to make it into something it's not.

I've never claimed, or implied, that I am right about every issue. But when I am right, I'm not going to pretend otherwise, and I most certainly know my religion better than you.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236596 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL Pagans, June? You have proof of that?
I can only go by what I read of modern Paganism. And not one Pagan had been against women having the right to abort fetuses.

That is totally against Christian dogma and having been a Catholic, you are fully aware of that issue.

Ink is only trying to play nice with the "Pagans" to dis me.

Silly people!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236597 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Post # 202922 Page 8904
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still CERTAIN that fetuses don't feel pain for the whole nine months of gestation?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Post # 166970 … Page …# 7268
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I also said that since a fetus is not conscious until nearly full term, or after birth, that pain was not possible
Bitner’s response
Yes, I'm certain.
Yes, that's right. I'm certain. Did you HAVE a point?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236598 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read Starhawk's mind Bitner?
She's a business woman, as is the pope a business man.
Do you honestly believe that she said to herself, "If my books sell, I won't make any money?"
You are being silly.
No, I can't read her mind. YOU are the one pretending to do so, not I.

The only one being silly is you, because I never said, or implied anything of the kind.

The fact is that your assertion was not supported by the source you quoted. You ASSumed, and had no basis to do so.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236599 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have no basis for my assumptions ... neither do you.
Garner is not here to speak for himself.
Besides you stated that you thought he was a dirty old man, and that you didn't follow his ideas.
Hypocrite!
I made no claims, or assumptions, about what Gardner would think. That was YOU.

I did not say anything about following his ideas.

Stop lying about me.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236600 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When they sell religion ... YES!!!
She's not selling religion. She's selling her books. Your prejudices don't change that.

So people work hard, and are not supposed to make money for their efforts just because YOU don't like the subject matter?

That's the epitome of arrogance. Nothing humble there, June.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236601 Sep 23, 2012
A woman that is certain that another creature such as a fetus (whether in a monkey or a human) does not feel pain ... is not a woman to be trusted in her judgment.

The issue should ALWAYS go to the side of caution. And in concern with fetuses feeling pain, the best policy is to believe that they "could" feel pain, and that they have the right to be anesthetized before operations for bodily malfunctions, or before abortions.

To er is to be human ... but to be belligerent at the expense of pain to another creature is from my perspective ... malice with intent.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236602 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only go by what I read of modern Paganism. And not one Pagan had been against women having the right to abort fetuses.
That is totally against Christian dogma and having been a Catholic, you are fully aware of that issue.
Ink is only trying to play nice with the "Pagans" to dis me.
Silly people!
Why are you speaking for ALL Pagans? You're not a Pagan. You've never been a Pagan. If you want to whine about me, a Wiccan for nearly 30 years, speaking for that which is held true by all Wiccans, then you can hardly speak for a group you've never been a part of, Hypocrite.

That source you're quoting doesn't claim to be speaking for all Pagans. They make it clear they are talking about certain Pagans, but not all.

Apparently what you've read completely ignored (or YOU did, because you didn't like what they had to say)the fact of "Pagans for Life", or the Pagan religions that are against homosexuality.

But this just proves my point that all you do is skim, not study.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236603 Sep 23, 2012
I wonder how Starhawk would manage if plunked into a country such as Iran???

My guess is, she would be one "quiet" goddess.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236604 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not selling religion.
The pope and Starhawk both sell religion.

The flavor is different ... but the money is the same.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236605 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you speaking for ALL Pagans? You're not a Pagan. You've never been a Pagan. If you want to whine about me, a Wiccan for nearly 30 years, speaking for that which is held true by all Wiccans, then you can hardly speak for a group you've never been a part of, Hypocrite.
That source you're quoting doesn't claim to be speaking for all Pagans. They make it clear they are talking about certain Pagans, but not all.
Apparently what you've read completely ignored (or YOU did, because you didn't like what they had to say)the fact of "Pagans for Life", or the Pagan religions that are against homosexuality.
But this just proves my point that all you do is skim, not study.
Have you ever met a Pagan that is against women having choice concerning abortion?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236606 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that your assertion was not supported by the source you quoted. You ASSumed, and had no basis to do so.
Same old rhetoric. At least you for the moment quit referring to me as a liar and a fraud.

You assume at every turn, and yet want to silence my assumptions by claiming I lie rather than express my perceptions.

You're one determined piece of work Bitner. I wouldn't want anyone with your nature holding any power in a government. Not a chance!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236607 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
A woman that is certain that another creature such as a fetus (whether in a monkey or a human) does not feel pain ... is not a woman to be trusted in her judgment.
The issue should ALWAYS go to the side of caution. And in concern with fetuses feeling pain, the best policy is to believe that they "could" feel pain, and that they have the right to be anesthetized before operations for bodily malfunctions, or before abortions.
To er is to be human ... but to be belligerent at the expense of pain to another creature is from my perspective ... malice with intent.
If I'm showing belligerence, it's only towards you with your arrogant need to control others.

I know what I know, and I won't pretend otherwise. I have no need to "err" on the side of something that I know for a fact doesn't happen. No caution is necessary when you understand the facts.

You arrogantly think everyone should act they way you want them to. That just because YOU don't know something, it means no one can know it. No humility in that attitude, June. None at all.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236608 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever met a Pagan that is against women having choice concerning abortion?
I already pointed out some. Google Pagans for Life, June, and stop trying to speak for all of a group that you have never been a part of.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236609 Sep 23, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old rhetoric. At least you for the moment quit referring to me as a liar and a fraud.
You assume at every turn, and yet want to silence my assumptions by claiming I lie rather than express my perceptions.
You're one determined piece of work Bitner. I wouldn't want anyone with your nature holding any power in a government. Not a chance!
I'm not assuming. That would be you. And I'm not trying to silence your assumptions; I'm pointing them out.

I'm not running for gov't, Moron. Why do you keep bringing it up? Oh, that's right, it's just another of your deflections.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236610 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm showing belligerence, it's only towards you with your arrogant need to control others.
I know what I know, and I won't pretend otherwise. I have no need to "err" on the side of something that I know for a fact doesn't happen. No caution is necessary when you understand the facts.
You arrogantly think everyone should act they way you want them to. That just because YOU don't know something, it means no one can know it. No humility in that attitude, June. None at all.
I gathered that you "know what you know." on more than one occasion.

You are one WISE witch to claim that another form of life has no way of feeling pain.

I've pointed out to you that fetuses that are taken from the womb at seven months gestation are then babies that DO feel pain, and yet you claim they can't feel pain until nine months gestation, or after birth.

You are an arrogant fool!!!
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#236612 Sep 23, 2012
I liked watching Fetuses on Gun Smoke!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236613 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I already pointed out some. Google Pagans for Life, June, and stop trying to speak for all of a group that you have never been a part of.
Now I have learned something new. After the many years we have been posting about abortion, you didn't refer me to these pagans before Bitner. I wonder why?

:)

Pagans that are against abortion???

My apologies Bitner ... you are right. I didn't know they existed. But now I will study their format and see why they disagree with you and your religious beliefs.

First I must go for a walk in the sunshine.

Thanks for the information.

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236614 Sep 23, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not assuming. That would be you. And I'm not trying to silence your assumptions; I'm pointing them out.
I'm not running for gov't, Moron. Why do you keep bringing it up? Oh, that's right, it's just another of your deflections.
You're one determined piece of work Bitner. "I wouldn't want anyone with your nature holding any power in a government." Not a chance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min KiMerde 51,252
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Rick in Kansas 5,589
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 24 min Quincy 68,513
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 46 min Joe fortuna 201,171
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning 51 min String bean 43
Obama calls on women only at news conference 1 hr Hooogle It 11
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr hal 26,731
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Bryan Fischer s H... 2,871
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr well 5,024
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 9 hr WeTheSheeple 18
More from around the web