Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219997 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236990 Sep 28, 2012
From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Greece:

Myth and Logic

In mythology there is a whole series of legends invented to illustrate or explain a moral principle; the only difficulty is to distinguish between this type and the other, and the Greeks could not always do so. They even attempted to find deep meanings in myths that had never any.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236991 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder why a "medium"-wise woman such as Bitner NEEDS her Wiccan "religion" on which to re-LIE?
The fact is, not one person on earth can prove what, if anything, occurs after death of physical bodies.
And THAT is the only truth.
All else misleads people to have faith in utter nonsense.
LOL, your desperation is still showing.

I don't lie.

I love my religion. It's the best one for me, though it's not going to be for everyone.

I've never claimed to be able to prove one bit of it, nor have I ever tried to talk anyone into it, so another moot point from you.

It is only your opinion that it is "nonsense". I couldn't care less what you think of it, so long as you don't lie about it, or me.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236992 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Words have meaning, June.
A new member IS already a member. Period.
What YOU are trying to do is to get around the meanings of words, and THAT is you playing at semantics, not me.
Well, I have explained myself since you focused on the word "member" but you will keep on and on and on. You knew what I meant Bitner. Let me try it "this way" ... how about new "arrivals." THERE ... does THAT suit your royal witchiness?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236993 Sep 28, 2012
And here's June, claiming to know the "only truth".

She's a fraud.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236994 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Plagarism is not properly attributting.
Plagiarism ... to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236995 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my religion.
No kidding???

:)

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236996 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner wrote:
And here's June, claiming to know the "only truth".
She's a fraud.
Do you KNOW for certain what, if anything, happens after death Bitner.

Or do you just "pretend" to know???

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236997 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have explained myself since you focused on the word "member" but you will keep on and on and on. You knew what I meant Bitner. Let me try it "this way" ... how about new "arrivals." THERE ... does THAT suit your royal witchiness?
Arrivals, members, it makes no difference. If they are attending a ritual in our Coven, they are already members. This is not a specator sport, everyone participates, and there is no audience.

What you are doing is trying to get around the fact that we don't proselytize, and so you're trying to find a sneaky way of expressing that. I do understans.

Wiccans don't proselytize. We don't seek out converts. We do not tell people that they should become Wiccan because Wicca is the best religion. We do not say "you should come to our Coven" as, say some Christians, will say to everyone they meet "You should come to my church". People seek Wicca. That means they have already decided to leave whatever religion they were in previously.

And no, books of information geared toward those already Wiccan, or any who might be interested, is not proselytizing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236998 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarism ... to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
Then call it copyright infringement. I couldn't care less.

Point is, I didn't report you for it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236999 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding???
:)
Is this your only response to an entire post?

I understand, you've got nothing to refute me.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237000 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner worships "the" creators.

The Christians worship "one" creator.

And they argue over who is right, when they haven't a clue even if the universe WAS created, or whether it always existed.

Those in religious cults stick to their own dogmatic "beliefs" and keep defending the beliefs, as though that is the best way to spend one's most valuable time.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#237001 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW for certain what, if anything, happens after death Bitner.
Or do you just "pretend" to know???
One, there is a difference between between believing something, knowing something, and claiming either as the "only truth".

Two, I'M not the one who is constantly taking people to task for claiming "to own truth". That would be YOU, all the while doing so yourself, Hypocrite.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237002 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrivals, members, it makes no difference. If they are attending a ritual in our Coven, they are already members. This is not a specator sport, everyone participates, and there is no audience.
What you are doing is trying to get around the fact that we don't proselytize, and so you're trying to find a sneaky way of expressing that. I do understans.
Wiccans don't proselytize. We don't seek out converts. We do not tell people that they should become Wiccan because Wicca is the best religion. We do not say "you should come to our Coven" as, say some Christians, will say to everyone they meet "You should come to my church". People seek Wicca. That means they have already decided to leave whatever religion they were in previously.
And no, books of information geared toward those already Wiccan, or any who might be interested, is not proselytizing.
I know a Wiccan personally that DOES invite people to her "coven."

All the other Wiccans lie to make sure that everybody believes Bitner doesn't lie!

Maybe just Bitner is a REAL Wiccan and the rest are fakes.

:)

:)

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237003 Sep 28, 2012
Who would be arrogant enough to explain a "moral" principle ... when each group perceives morality from different perspectives?

It is "moral" for a polygamist to have many wives.

If we were born to a polygamist cult, we would believe it was not only moral, but honorable to a god.

Concerning belief, morality is up for grabs.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237004 Sep 28, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, there is a difference between between believing something, knowing something, and claiming either as the "only truth".
Two, I'M not the one who is constantly taking people to task for claiming "to own truth". That would be YOU, all the while doing so yourself, Hypocrite.
You never answered my question.

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW for certain what, if anything, happens after death Bitner.
Or do you just "pretend" to know???

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237005 Sep 28, 2012
Not one person throughout history ever came back from being dead, as in brain-dead.

Many people have had what is known as near-death-experiences ... where the brain is dying but has not completely died.

We now know from studies done by such as Sam Parnia, that once the brain is completely dead, humans do not revive, so none of them could come back to tell whether or not there is life after death.

Betty Eady ... a dyed in the wool Catholic had a near death experience, and she claims to have seen nuns and Jesus. My guess is, those were images being reflected back to her because that is what she already had in her psyche.

Had she been a Muslim who had a near-death experience, her symbols would have been of an entirely different mode of thought.

There is no coming back from being brain-dead. Not a chance! Once the brain-cells are all dead ... all the coaxing in the world will not revive the person to a state of life.

And those are the only ones who could in truth say, "I died and came back to life. I can tell you all about it!"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#237006 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a Wiccan personally that DOES invite people to her "coven."
All the other Wiccans lie to make sure that everybody believes Bitner doesn't lie!
Maybe just Bitner is a REAL Wiccan and the rest are fakes.
:)
:)
She invites people to join her Coven in it's rituals? Well that's kind of dumb. Still doesn't refute what I said.

Personally I don't believe you have any lasting friends who are religious at all. Unless you hide how you feel about religion from them, in which case it's not real friendship.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#237007 Sep 28, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW for certain what, if anything, happens after death Bitner.
Or do you just "pretend" to know???
No, I didn't. It was pointless, as I've never claimed to know the "only truth" as you did.

It was just you deflecting again.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237008 Sep 28, 2012
Having stated about dead people not being revived, does not mean that I am certain there is no awareness that continues after physical death.

Many of these people who are near-death are seemingly in contact with those who "have" died.

So, the question for me remains open-ended.

I know that I won't know until I die if life in another form continues, or if it is the end of life as I now understand it from my illiterate point of view.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#237009 Sep 28, 2012
Elizabeth Kubler – Ross … author of Death and Dying … & David Kessler …“LIFE LESSONS.

Frank and Margaret had been married for over fifty wonderful years. Devotedly in love with each other, they were inseparable. When Margaret became terminally ill, she said,“I can accept this illness. I can accept that I’m going to die. The hardest thing for me to accept is that I’m going to be without Frank.

As Margaret’s disease progressed, she was more and more disturbed by the prospect of this ultimate separation. Hours before she died, she turned to Frank, who was sitting at her bedside. Her mind was clear and alert, for she had not taken any medications. She said,“I’m going to be leaving soon. And it’s finally okay.”

“What has made it okay for you?” he asked.

“I’ve just been told I’m going to a place where you already are. You will be there when I get there.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 20 min tongangodz 3,820
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 22 min dollarsbill 139
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr Cathy 33,248
News Human Rights Campaign report says Chattanooga l... 2 hr Somwone 50
News Science magazine retracts study on voters' gay-... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Mas... 8
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 2 hr Ted Haggard s Mas... 26
News McCrory to veto gay marriage objection bill 2 hr Belle Sexton 5
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 283
Are the mods fair and balanced? 3 hr DebraE 860
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Terra Firma 21,735
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 4 hr Carmine 4,609
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 6 hr NorCal Native 5,693
More from around the web