Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,074)

Showing posts 201,461 - 201,480 of220,783
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, no, not all religions are against homosexuals and homosexuality, nevermind being "viscious". But we both know you'll never admit the truth, June.
Your religion (if it can be called a religion) is not against anything ... even killing is left up to the individual as a matter of choice.

It comes with the idea that your goddess or gods, or whatever handle you put on them are overflowing with nothing but love.

Yet YOU know for a fact that fetuses don't feel pain, and that the spirit (whatever that might be in your mind) enters the baby at birth and NOT before.

You and your "witchery" make a good solid package of whatever you believe and that is your right.

Of course you advocate homosexuality as passible by the goddess. She loves everybody.

Silly woman!!!

Your religion is as predictable as are you. It follows your lead ... or ELSE!

Catholicism wasn't so cooperative to your NEEDS as is Wicca.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

2001: The term "fluffy" (later "fluffybunny") is coined by the author of the internet essay, "Why Wiccans Suck". The term referred to all those who called themselves "Wiccans" but were not "Real Wiccans". The essay is little more than a personal rant against non-traditionalism, eclecticism, and sloppy-thinking among many so-called Wiccans. However, the term caught on, and now a debate continues in the Wiccan community over what is really Wiccan and what is "fluffy". In general, the epithet "fluffy" is applied to portrayals of Wicca that have been watered down to make it palatable for mass (or teen) consumption. "Fluffy" presentations, like much of the New Age, remove anything "dark" or negative from the description of Wicca.

http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis ...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Wiccan Deities

The All

Wicca acknowledges a supreme divine power, unknowable, ultimate from which the entire universe sprang.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi ...

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

Unknowable means unknowable. The question of whether the universe was created, or always existed, or started with a bang, is still questionable, not "knowable."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your religion (if it can be called a religion) is not against anything ..."

Not true.

"even killing is left up to the individual as a matter of choice."

No, also not true. Murder and blood sacrifice, for example, are big no nos.

"It comes with the idea that your goddess or gods, or whatever handle you put on them are overflowing with nothing but love."

When did I say that?

"Yet YOU know for a fact that fetuses don't feel pain"

Yes, I do, but that has nothing to do with my religon.

"and that the spirit (whatever that might be in your mind) enters the baby at birth and NOT before."

That is my BELIEF. I have never claimed it as fact.

"You and your "witchery" make a good solid package of whatever you believe and that is your right."

Whatever this means.

"Of course you advocate homosexuality as passible by the goddess. She loves everybody.
Silly woman!!!"

Well, thank you for admitting that you were lying when you said "religion" in regards to being nasty to homosexuals...your deflection aside.

"Your religion is as predictable as are you. It follows your lead ... or ELSE!"

No, I follow my religion.

"Catholicism wasn't so cooperative to your NEEDS as is Wicca."

What "needs" would THOSE be, June?

At any rate, it's good of you to admit your previous post was a lie. If only you'd learn to qualify those statements of yours, you wouldn't hear my "nonsense". BTW, I thought you were "done" with it? LOL. You're a fraud.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
2001: The term "fluffy" (later "fluffybunny") is coined by the author of the internet essay, "Why Wiccans Suck". The term referred to all those who called themselves "Wiccans" but were not "Real Wiccans". The essay is little more than a personal rant against non-traditionalism, eclecticism, and sloppy-thinking among many so-called Wiccans. However, the term caught on, and now a debate continues in the Wiccan community over what is really Wiccan and what is "fluffy". In general, the epithet "fluffy" is applied to portrayals of Wicca that have been watered down to make it palatable for mass (or teen) consumption. "Fluffy" presentations, like much of the New Age, remove anything "dark" or negative from the description of Wicca.
http://www.americanneopaganism.com/neopaganis ...
Ah, yes, another non-sequitur....a bad link to an 11 year old essay having nothing to do with the subject at hand. June's desperation in evidence to deflect from her lies. No surprise.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
Wiccan Deities
The All
Wicca acknowledges a supreme divine power, unknowable, ultimate from which the entire universe sprang.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi ...
Is a Christian source REALLY the best you can do, Fraud?

Another non-sequitur. We're talking about religions, and how they treat homosexuality/homosexuals. You made a statement about "religion" that was untrue. You got challenged, and now have to admit it wasn't true. Grow up and deal with it.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe … Seventh-Day-Adventist

Sex and the Writings of Ellen G. White

“Let the Christian wife refrain, both in word and act, from exciting the animal passions of her husband.”—“The Adventist home,” p. 123.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

And following is the pastor's response to Ellen G. White's words.

A woman, in turn, has no right to call her husband's normal sex hunger "animal passion," nor can she in fairness depreciate the high importance of the physical aspect of the sex relationship. Many fine and considerate husbands have come to feel guilty of sensuality and insensitivity for simply expecting what should be normal. Immature or neurotic wives have often emasculated their husbands by the unhealthy attitudes.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

From my perception religion had no right to inflict theology into the bedrooms of the people.

Had they backed off with their concepts of morality, people could have enjoyed sex a whole lot more, and felt comfort from issues such as using birth control without any sense of guilt whatsoever.

Life is difficult enough without having preachers nagging about the evils of sex according to an imaginary god's standards.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

From my perception the teachings of the church are what contributed to the sour looks between husbands and wives. The idea that a judgmental god or a devil named Satan is watching people have sex is enough to turn the most sex-hungry person into a frigid manikin-like individual.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Sit in any Adventist church in the choir loft for a few years and observe the sour looks on many husbands and wives and the way they look and speak to each other, and you have ample evidence that Satan has done his work well.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

My guess is, when humans created gods for their own arrogance, they were left with no alternative but to believe that non-human animal-sex was based on lust ... and thereafter lust became a negative fixture in the mentality of many humans that thought the gods expected more of them than being as "low" as non-human animals.

So guilt came in to do it's dirty deeds in the minds of many in religion.

What a shame that such a natural act became tainted by theology that was created by humans.

If those that are now stuck in religion come down to earth and realize that we "are" animals, minds might then be allowed to align with human natures, and only then will people realize that theologians had no right in the first place to credit themselves with knowing what was right for others in their own bedrooms.

Guilt must go, or it will keep on interfering with pleasure.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Many years ago a woman told me that when she first married, she didn't want to appear too anxious to have sex with her husband, so that, in turn gave her husband the idea that she was frigid. Apparently their sex-life was humdrum ... until one night she let down her own guard, and began to feel his genitals and it stimulated him to feel that she wanted what he had to give. After that time she said their sex life was great. I could tell by how they looked at each other that things were going very well in their bedroom ... and in turn, elsewhere.

Consensual sex should not be perceived as anything but natural ... and if that occurs, my guess is, the rest will fall into place.

I suggest you keep the theologians at bay. My guess is, their own sex lives are nothing of which to brag.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

We wouldn't want to be "instinctual" in the sex department now ... would we???

What a lot of hooey!

The book “The Adventist Home” has much to say about moderation in marital sex. Please comment.

Instinct controls sex in the lower animals.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

It's no small wonder that when so many in religion believed that the sexual organs themselves were filthy enough to mutilate, that homosexuality was perceived as filthy, perverted, evil and offensive to a god.

But if you question who wrote the stories, you will know it was the same men who wrote that sex other than for procreation was in deed offensive to a god.

You will see when you want to see that the supposed "holy books" were nothing but lies written by men that knew no better than to think they saw gods in their brains, which in turn resulted in convincing others that what they claimed to have seen and heard was based on truth.

My guess is ... you know they lied ... and for many of you ... your conscience is wanting freedom from those lies.

Homosexuality in non-human animals is normal, as it is in humans.

When I was in religion, my guideline was ... "I will never use words from a bible to call others evil and "GRAB" the holy side of the issue for myself."

For that, I am well-pleased.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

If you are still using words in your bibles to bully others, I suggest you keep in mind that the pendulum swings both ways!

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

My guess is, people are wandering away from places of supposed "worship," not because of evil ... but because they now see they have been duped!

The book “The Adventist Home” has much to say about moderation in marital sex. Please comment.

The Lord gives the privilege of complete autonomy in sex, forbidding only adultery, fornication, and relationships that violate the morality and nature of sex itself.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

fornication ... consensual sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

The blatant lies taught by arrogant preachers, with any fore-sight on behalf of the followers of such nonsense ... might yet come to light!

From my perspective, if you don't see it ... you are "choosing" to stay blinded by the lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Can God ever save a homosexual? How can you help such people besides praying for and with them?

If God could do nothing for him, we would have to classify homosexuality as equivalent to the unpardonable sin.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

From my perspective, it is high time to take the gods out the human equation, and teach young people that if they have sex, especially unprotected sex at an early age, they might contact disease, and, or, mess up their lives in varying other ways.

I doubt that they will listen to such advise, just as I didn't listen ... but it's worth a try.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
From my perception religion had no right to inflict theology into the bedrooms of the people.
Had they backed off with their concepts of morality, people could have enjoyed sex a whole lot more, and felt comfort from issues such as using birth control without any sense of guilt whatsoever.
Life is difficult enough without having preachers nagging about the evils of sex according to an imaginary god's standards.
WHICH religion, June?

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

The belief that humans were created in the image of a "deity" of perfection, could do nothing but cause problems in the minds of those who believed such foolishness.

From my perspective ... religion is nonsense ... period!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201,461 - 201,480 of220,783
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••