Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#236513 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The thunder god Zues didn't need a female goddess to work with him. He was quite capable of handling his own affairs.
"This conception of male/female divine partnership is regarded as auniversal principle of the world’s ancient religions,"
Zeus DID have a female partner, his wife Hera.

The passage did NOT say that what you thought it did.

Your reading comprehension really sucks.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236514 Sep 22, 2012
Lawyers have an understanding that when they are winning a case they should not keep adding data as it might ultimately make them look stupid and lose the case for them.

Bitner can't stop promoting her own case, and so as I post more and more about modern Paganism, Bitner appears comparable to a shadow-boxer with no where to strike.

I was hoping that her fighting nature would keep her posting and posting and posting.

Now we understand that she is a formidable fighter, and if those such as her every take control of a government ... what follows is not going to be "pretty."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236515 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY do you think they referred to their movement as "The Reclaiming Collective???"
Joseph Smith called his movement "The restoration of the gospel."
What were they "reclaiming"? Do you even know?

The two are NOT comparable. You're an idiot.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236516 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Lawyers have an understanding that when they are winning a case they should not keep adding data as it might ultimately make them look stupid and lose the case for them.
Bitner can't stop promoting her own case, and so as I post more and more about modern Paganism, Bitner appears comparable to a shadow-boxer with no where to strike.
I was hoping that her fighting nature would keep her posting and posting and posting.
Now we understand that she is a formidable fighter, and if those such as her every take control of a government ... what follows is not going to be "pretty."
You're deflecting. Wiccans aren't trying to take control of the gov't.

But thank you, for proving that you are only here to pick fights.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#236517 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People cling to the dogmas of their own cults.
As long as there is religion, people will be defending the dogmas that they hold of value to themselves.
All we can do is try our best to keep one religion from gaining too much power over others. And that is a full-time job.
How true. And every one of them is power-hungry, a dangerous attitude.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236518 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus DID have a female partner, his wife Hera.
The passage did NOT say that what you thought it did.
Your reading comprehension really sucks.
They don't mention that Hera was lecturing Zues to use his powers at her command. He made up his own mind to throw those lightning bolts at the ground.

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236519 Sep 22, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.

As we see, Bitner is intent on defending her favorite myths as though they mean something of value.

To me myths in all religions are silly nonsense.

If we put that energy to good use by caring about our neighbors rather than fighting about silly myths, the world would be a much better place to reside.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236520 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What were they "reclaiming"? Do you even know?
The two are NOT comparable. You're an idiot.
They were reclaiming ancient Paganism ... but they lied ... as modern Paganism is no relation to ancient Paganism.

Modern Pagans claim to revere nature. Ancient Pagans feared nature as having power OVER them.

Had you studied the history of the ancient Pagans rather than running off to a Pagan cult, where you could play the game of being a witch, you would understand these issues.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236521 Sep 22, 2012
This was the type of "nature" that preyed upon the minds of the ancients. They had no way of knowing the phenomena was a natural occurrence, so lived in terror that the gods were angry.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

The Rain of Mud

Rain can assume a variety of forms—and colors. Take, for instance, the phenomenon of blood rain. The Roman historian Livy (59 B.C—A.D. 17) and the Greek writer Plutarch (c.A.D. 45—125) both wrote of blood rain falling on Rome on different occasions—never a good sign. St. Gregory of Tours noted that “real blood from a cloud” fell over Paris around A.D. 582. There have been other sightings, but most of those can probably be attributed to large accumulations of red dust, possibly gathered by the wind from deserts, lifted into the atmosphere, and then deposited far away.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236522 Sep 22, 2012
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…

There are also reports of yellow rain, stirring alarm among people who believed it to be sulfurous in nature. Pollen from flowers and pine trees seems to be the more likely explanation, though.

In March 1879, mud fell for an hour in parts of Nebraska. It is likely that the mud resulted from a combination of dust and water in the air. Iceland experienced a related phenomenon in 1755 when a black rain fell, an event probably linked to a nearby volcanic eruption. Even when there is a rational cause, the impact of colored rain on those who see it cannot be underestimated.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236523 Sep 22, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one of what?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236524 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't mention that Hera was lecturing Zues to use his powers at her command. He made up his own mind to throw those lightning bolts at the ground.
And that passage never said ANYTHING about one "commanding" the other. Learn to read.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236525 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"They were reclaiming ancient Paganism ..."

No, they were reclaiming the term Pagan. But don't let facts stop your rant.

"but they lied ... as modern Paganism is no relation to ancient Paganism."

Your conclusion is based upon your false premise.

"Modern Pagans claim to revere nature. Ancient Pagans feared nature as having power OVER them."

Complete nonsense.

"Had you studied the history of the ancient Pagans rather than running off to a Pagan cult, where you could play the game of being a witch, you would understand these issues."

I have studied it. YOU have not. You simply skim, misinterpret, and post to score points.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236526 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
As we see, Bitner is intent on defending her favorite myths as though they mean something of value.
To me myths in all religions are silly nonsense.
If we put that energy to good use by caring about our neighbors rather than fighting about silly myths, the world would be a much better place to reside.
And yet YOU spend all day long on here "fighting about silly myths" yourself, whining about others doing the very same thing.

You're a fraud, June.

Personally, I'm here to call you on your lies. And yes, I WILL defend myself and my religion from your lies. That shouldn't come as any surprise. It's what normal people do.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236527 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And that passage never said ANYTHING about one "commanding" the other. Learn to read.
I didn't state that they commanding each other. I stated that Zues whacked the earth with lightning by his own "aims" so that meant he allowed or encouraged his wife to do her own thing, while he did his.

Silly nonsense.

It's so funny that you would take these old myths in such a serious matter as to want to fight over which way the ancients believed them.

It indicates to me that you VERY much depend on ancient Paganism to support modern Paganism, all the while pretending they stand apart from each other.

Silly woman!!!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236528 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet YOU spend all day long on here "fighting about silly myths" yourself, whining about others doing the very same thing.
You're a fraud, June.
I point out how you defend your myths, while dissing the myths of the Christians.

I dis ALL myths as being equally stupid, and it is fun for me to see you carry on with your tantrums while calling me a liar and a fraud.

Yet you haven't referred to me as of late as mentally ill.

What happened to that diagnosis? Did you forget that one?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#236529 Sep 22, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't state that they commanding each other. I stated that Zues whacked the earth with lightning by his own "aims" so that meant he allowed or encouraged his wife to do her own thing, while he did his.
Silly nonsense.
It's so funny that you would take these old myths in such a serious matter as to want to fight over which way the ancients believed them.
It indicates to me that you VERY much depend on ancient Paganism to support modern Paganism, all the while pretending they stand apart from each other.
Silly woman!!!
The fact is that the passage didn't say what you want to pretend it did.

I'm not fighting over the myths, Moron. I'm telling you that your interpretation of that passage in the book is incorrect. There is a difference.

I'm not using anything for support of anything. In fact, I've been perfectly clear that my own religion Wicca, has only the vaguest relation to ancient Pagan religions.

You are putting words in my mouth again. Don't do that.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236530 Sep 22, 2012
Application of the term "Indian" originated with Christopher Columbus, who thought that he had arrived in the East Indies, while seeking Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peopl...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236531 Sep 22, 2012
My guess is, the Native Indians of America brought their fear-filled dogmas with them "to" America.

The Shamans were ever trying to rid the people of their bands of evil, and that indicated "fear."

The modern Pagans like to model themselves after the ancient American Indians as "loving" nature ... but if one studies from an objective point of view, it is plain that the Native Indians were no different concerning fear of the gods and the power of nature OVER them as were their fore bearers that came from other countries.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The indigenous peoples of the Americas are the pre-Columbian inhabitants of North and South America and their descendants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peopl...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#236532 Sep 22, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that the passage didn't say what you want to pretend it did.
I'm not fighting over the myths, Moron. I'm telling you that your interpretation of that passage in the book is incorrect. There is a difference.
I'm not using anything for support of anything. In fact, I've been perfectly clear that my own religion Wicca, has only the vaguest relation to ancient Pagan religions.
You are putting words in my mouth again. Don't do that.
I find it fascinating that accorging to you, my interpretations are wrong and yours are "always" right.

If you were still in Catholicism, my guess is you would be telling the pope that your interpretations of the bible were correct and his were wrong.

I perceive that you're both full of yourselves and your mythical nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 min RevKen 26,969
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 3 min Die Hard Arkie 68,599
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 min Lawrence Wolf 3,114
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 7 min WasteWater 24
Day After Christmas NE Jade Thread 10 min Wilbur 16
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 28 min Reverend Alan 5,256
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 39 min RevKen 67
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 2 hr Reverend Alan 93
More from around the web