Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
201,461 - 201,480 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22

Since: Sep 09

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumper - I hope you know I have nothing at all against you; I barely know you. But really, June does have a lot of knowledge. You're smart too, but she's right about a lot of things. Just because some of those things don't agree with the RCC doesn't make them wrong. I was once Catholic also, and heaven forbid if I ever "doubted" any of its teachings. Now I know better; it is not a sin to question or do research.
Thanks Sherlayne

Jumper just has fun bugging me. I'm used to him and understand that he means no harm. He just keeps the forum going when he believes things get too dull.

If they can convince people to not ask questions, but rather to keep the faith in what they teach, the leaders of cults can easily steal the ability of the followers to not think for themselves.

I can't ever know that what I believe is based on an absolute foundation ... but it's what makes sense to me that I go with, until something that makes more sense to me comes along.

It's always about asking more questions of the beliefs of others and my own beliefs that keeps me going past them to search for more information.

My motto is to never get stuck in a bog-hole of certainty, as there is always more to learn.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

Divine Families and Myths

At each cult-centre the local god was considered to be the universal god: he had been in existence since time began, and he had, it was thought, organized the world and created all living beings. This fundamental concept, common to all interpretations of the origin of things, is clothed in mythological tales, which vary from place to place and betray the Egyptian genius for invention.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

The trinity is a common theme among ancient religions. But the Catholics shape-shifted the trinity to "Father, Son and Holy Ghost." >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

These divine families often followed the pattern of the simplest social groups. A triad was quite common (consisting of the god-father, goddess-mother and divine son).

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

The Trinity: Ancient Jewish
Recognition of Trinitarian Facts

http://www.biblestudying.net/trinity9.html
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

My comment

With much shape-shifting, the Abrahamic Jews did away with the trinity, and created the one-god concept of them being the chosen few BY that one and only god.

My guess is, they hoped that their new form of Judaism with the one-god concept would rule all people of earth ... as those who wanted to fit in with the "chosen" by the one god would have to become Jews. To this group of Jews, belief in multiple gods became a heresy in their new-found "faith."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Hebrew God was unique, and his command was, "You shall have no other gods beside me!"

http://www.biblestudying.net/trinity9.html

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

To study these ancient myths, we can't know the mindsets of the believers, but my guess is, symbology played a bit part in the beliefs. In other words, the mother-goddess was not literally perceived as a lioness, but rather aspects of the character of the lioness within the goddess was the focal-point of such beliefs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The triad of Memphis consisted of Ptah, the principal god. Sakhmet, the goddess with the head of a lioness, and Nefertum, the young god who wore the lotus flower on his head.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

Often the latest health-fad is the one believed.

The same goes for religion.

A new fad often appeals to those searching for thrills. And what could be more thrilling than a new group of believers, stuck on their own beliefs?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Peaches wrote:
<quoted text>Prayer changes things.
Greetings

I wonder.... Can't we put it another way?

Does prayer change things?

In the mind of the believer, of course the answer is yes. And in the non-believer it is no....

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

My guess is, a lot of the thrill of preaching religion comes from the attitude "I know where I'm going and I know where you are going."

If there just happens to be an afterlife, these preachers will lose that power of attorney in which they received such thrills while on earth.

No more preachy-preachy in the afterlife.

Now might be a good time to stop preaching religion, so that upon arrival in the afterlife the mindset of acceptance of the way it is will be absolutely "normal."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It can have varying effects on different people. Some that suffer will learn compassion for others ... and some that suffer will want vengeance not only against the ones that harmed them, or that they believed harmed them, but those who had nothing whatsoever to do with the issue.
Humans simply are not trustworthy ... unfortunately.
Emotions and trust are often not compatible.
Hi June

Is there anything that is really predictable?

I kind of have my doubts....

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings
I wonder.... Can't we put it another way?
Does prayer change things?
In the mind of the believer, of course the answer is yes. And in the non-believer it is no....
:)

Beliefs in such "matters" are based on ignorance, and ignorance can't surpass itself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Peaches wrote:
<quoted text>At times we will undergo trials and tribulations, yet in our prayer we must also learn to be obedient to do God's will.
In other words, you are saying, Suffer, if you pray then you will learn obedience?"

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Many Christians assume that a Jewish savior is going to whisk them off to heaven. They insist by what they glean from their dogmas that what they "believe" is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If I were Jewish, the last people I would want to rescue would be Christians. I would KNOW that for centuries they put my fellow Jews to the flames and claimed that I worked in Catholic confessionals to boot!

"And they want ME (Jesus) who is faithful to the will of my Jewish father to plead their cases??? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!"

If you fools want to brag about the truth in your Christian dogmas I'll play your game, but I guarantee you won't appreciate what I post from my perspective any more than I appreciate what you post from your perspective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Beliefs in such "matters" are based on ignorance, and ignorance can't surpass itself.
Kind of like getting stuck in the mud....

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi June
Is there anything that is really predictable?
I kind of have my doubts....
Good morning Robert.

Prediction is all about guessing. If we don't catch on to that, we will keep putting faith in the predictions of those who are waiting to take our money.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like getting stuck in the mud....
I believe so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many Christians assume that a Jewish savior is going to whisk them off to heaven. They insist by what they glean from their dogmas that what they "believe" is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
If I were Jewish, the last people I would want to rescue would be Christians. I would KNOW that for centuries they put my fellow Jews to the flames and claimed that I worked in Catholic confessionals to boot!
"And they want ME (Jesus) who is faithful to the will of my Jewish father to plead their cases??? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!"
If you fools want to brag about the truth in your Christian dogmas I'll play your game, but I guarantee you won't appreciate what I post from my perspective any more than I appreciate what you post from your perspective.
The convolutions of intepretting doctrine and dogma against the backdrop of scripture offers many a hiding place for the believer. These hiding places are merely dictated by time, place and culture.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
The convolutions of intepretting doctrine and dogma against the backdrop of scripture offers many a hiding place for the believer. These hiding places are merely dictated by time, place and culture.
How easy is it to believe "I will be saved if I believe in Jesus" ... period?

It teaches people to be lazy and count on a savior to cleanse their "sin" while they sleep at their own switches.

And that wouldn't even so insulting ... but when they point at others as sinners and want to snatch all the holy stuff for themselves ... that adds insult to injury.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Before the principal myths are recounted, it is worth noting that these tales have rarely come down in a complete or coherent version. The only uninterrupted accounts we have of certain myths date from fairly late periods, and these were furnished with details that certainly did not form part of the original myths.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

All polytheistic races have held the sun to be an important god, if not the main god, because of the leading part played by the solar star in the economy of the universe.

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

The Progress of the Intellect: As Exemplified in the Religious Development of the Greeks and Hebrew, Volumes 1-2, by Robert William Mackay.

Christ was “the sun of righteousness”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••