Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#235172 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, Wicca will be the religion of the future. It morphs into most anything one could "desire."
There is power in numbers and Wiccans are busy lobbying the government at this moment in "time."
Beware Christians ... as your young folks come home and inform you that they are now Christian-"witches."
Wiccans might not admit that as do Christians, they proselytize, but maybe "spreading the word" would be an acceptable phrase.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Wiccan Priest For B.C. Prison Inmates Cancelled For Now
"People have ancient views of Wiccan or paganism, people have a very negative image and it's taken a long time to get people to understand we're not devil worshipers, we're not bad people — we're just simple tree-huggers."
The tender included a generic job description and listed the pay as ranging from $25,000 to $50,000. The chaplain would be required to deliver Wiccan spiritual services, pastoral counselling and crisis intervention.
The applicant also would plan and lead Wiccan services "with ritual, teaching and meditation" to reduce stress and anger generated by incidents within the institution, or to commemorate the faith's holy days. It would be the applicant's role to create a "sanctuary atmosphere" within the prison chapel.
Meredith Kimber, a 35-year-old Wiccan priestess from Nanaimo, B.C., explained those tasks could translate into anything from common-sense counselling that simply comes from a like-minded person to full-fledged rituals conducted in the Wiccan tradition.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/05/wicca...
Oh, were you feeling lonely, June? Or is it just that your anger is boiling over, and you feel the need to pick a fight?

Applying to act as Wiccan clergy to those in jail who are already Wiccan cannot be seen as proselyting even by the most skewed of imaginations.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235173 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that you don't believe that Wiccans are "simply" tree-huggers. They are as manipulating as any other humans on planet earth, and humans by nature are power-hungry.
Those in Wicca do not strive to take the lofty title of "witch" because they are weak as kittens.
Witches believe they can cast spells ... and whether the spells are harmless, depends on the character and the intent of the Wiccan.
Religious titles such as Christian-Wiccan can morph much easier than can human nature.
And yes, I am referring directly to those such as Bitner ... who "knows for a fact" that fetuses for the full nine months of gestation in no way can feel pain ... even though when they are born at six or seven months gestation, we KNOW that they DO feel pain.
Religion does not make cruel people kind.
June, once again you lie about my position. My position regarding the question of fetal pain comes from my education, and the myriad of studies from multiple disciplines in science. It has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

Why can't you be honest for a change?

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235174 Sep 6, 2012
Humans are self-serving and often because of selfish desires, very cruel.

Religion tries in vain to hide human nature, but has never succeeded, and it is my guess, that it will never succeed.

Selfishness is not even a distant relation to the word love and no amount of religious indoctrination of ANY flavor can make it so!

You and I are animals of the worst type. Get used to it, and only then will you have the will to leave the cults and stop being dreamers of sought-after spiritual utopias built on the bases of selfishness. It ain't gonna happen.

All we can do with our unruly natures is try to be as kind to each other as our selfishness allows ... period!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235175 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner doesn't approve of the following, as it makes her religion appear other than wonderful. But there are as many flavors of Wicca as there are Wiccans ... and Bitner can't control what other Wiccans believe is true for them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
You Need: Black or white candle, Photo of target, lighter or matches
Picture your target suffering, and while burning the photo of your enemy, recite:
"Gods, hear my plea,
Someone has hurt me,
And made me sad.
Now I've become really mad.
Fire of the candle,
Heat of the flame,
Strike of thunder,
And the demons name.
I call upon you now,
To bring revenge upon him/her.
Make him/her suffer,
Make him/her cry.
Take him/her down,
With just one try.
Make him/her think twice,
Not to hurt me again,
And bring him/her,
The bad luck chain."
http://www.wiccanspace.com/spells/545-bad-luc ...
Wrong. I don't approve because such a spell goes against the teachings of Wicca. And yes, when it comes to whether or not something comforms to those teachings that are true for all Wiccans, I CAN speak to that. And no, I can't control someone who ignores the core principles of their own religion, but I can't say that this is what they are doing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235176 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, Wicca will be the religion of the future. It morphs into most anything one could "desire."
There is power in numbers and Wiccans are busy lobbying the government at this moment in "time."
Beware Christians ... as your young folks come home and inform you that they are now Christian-"witches."
Wiccans might not admit that as do Christians, they proselytize, but maybe "spreading the word" would be an acceptable phrase.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Wiccan Priest For B.C. Prison Inmates Cancelled For Now
"People have ancient views of Wiccan or paganism, people have a very negative image and it's taken a long time to get people to understand we're not devil worshipers, we're not bad people — we're just simple tree-huggers."
The tender included a generic job description and listed the pay as ranging from $25,000 to $50,000. The chaplain would be required to deliver Wiccan spiritual services, pastoral counselling and crisis intervention.
The applicant also would plan and lead Wiccan services "with ritual, teaching and meditation" to reduce stress and anger generated by incidents within the institution, or to commemorate the faith's holy days. It would be the applicant's role to create a "sanctuary atmosphere" within the prison chapel.
Meredith Kimber, a 35-year-old Wiccan priestess from Nanaimo, B.C., explained those tasks could translate into anything from common-sense counselling that simply comes from a like-minded person to full-fledged rituals conducted in the Wiccan tradition.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/05/wicca...
Sorry, but Christian witches are not Wiccan. They are Christian. Christian Wiccans are a different matter. They are Wiccans. And that is a very specific, small Tradition. It's not just something one becomes when you were Christian first and then became Wiccan.

You're confused. But, apparently content to be so, so long as you think you can use it to criticize a religion.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235177 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, were you feeling lonely, June? Or is it just that your anger is boiling over, and you feel the need to pick a fight?
Applying to act as Wiccan clergy to those in jail who are already Wiccan cannot be seen as proselyting even by the most skewed of imaginations.
You don't fool me Bitner. I know a Wiccan that invited some of my relatives to Wiccan functions.

And those young Christians didn't just land in the midst of a Wiccan get-together from Venus, where the goddess of love resides.

FOOL!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235179 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I don't approve because such a spell goes against the teachings of Wicca. And yes, when it comes to whether or not something comforms to those teachings that are true for all Wiccans, I CAN speak to that.
Post # 213781 Page # 9366

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well obviously what you consider to be the "least amount of harm" is left to your own judgment, and that could be killing ten people rather than twelve.
As it is in any religion, it's open to the individual's interpretation.

Bitner’s response.

Exactly. Did you HAVE a point?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235180 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Christian witches are not Wiccan. They are Christian.
Hahahahahahaha

Try to convince Christian parents of the nonsense!

You fool!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235181 Sep 6, 2012
It was not by chance that the rebellious Bitner, who earlier in life was a Catholic ... later became a Wiccan.

Wicca is a shape-shifting religion. It goes with the flow of what the believer demands of it.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235182 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner disagrees with the one known as "The father of Wicca." But that doesn't come as a surprise to me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Gerald B. Gardner … Witchcraft Today

primitive man’s wish to be born again is also that of the witches—special paradise for worshippers

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235183 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't fool me Bitner. I know a Wiccan that invited some of my relatives to Wiccan functions.
And those young Christians didn't just land in the midst of a Wiccan get-together from Venus, where the goddess of love resides.
FOOL!
June, your dishonesty is showing.

You used an article about Wiccan clergy applying to minister to Wiccans in jail, and tried to pretend it means that Wiccan proselytize. That is not proselytizing by any stretch of the imagination.

Stop trying to change the parameters of the argument just because you've been refuted.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235184 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Post # 213781 Page # 9366
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well obviously what you consider to be the "least amount of harm" is left to your own judgment, and that could be killing ten people rather than twelve.
As it is in any religion, it's open to the individual's interpretation.
Bitner’s response.
Exactly. Did you HAVE a point?
Nothing there refutes what I said.

Get some new material.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235185 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha
Try to convince Christian parents of the nonsense!
You fool!
I'm not talking to Christian parents. I'm talking to you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235186 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner disagrees with the one known as "The father of Wicca." But that doesn't come as a surprise to me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Gerald B. Gardner … Witchcraft Today
primitive man’s wish to be born again is also that of the witches—special paradise for worshippers
And that quote has nothing to do with anything we've been talking about.

What is wrong with your mind?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235187 Sep 6, 2012
The fact that there are enough Wiccan prisoners incarcerated to have a need for counsel, ought to put up a red flag that being a Wiccan offers no more protection from criminals than does being an ordinary Joe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Wiccan prisoners in B.C. cursed by the federal government

“However, the government is not convinced all services offered through the chaplaincy program reflect an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/12...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235188 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And that quote has nothing to do with anything we've been talking about.
What is wrong with your mind?
You can't dictate what I post Bitner, no matter how you attack my "state of mind."

Your own "witchy" state of mind is nothing of witch to brag!!!

I'm trying to expose your religion as being no better than other religions.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235189 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner and I were comrades in arms back in the good old days of picking on the Christians.

Hahahahahaha

I didn't realize what was hiding from my view until I started digging into the Wiccan religion.

It has been quite an eye-opener for me, albeit that Bitner no longer buddies up to me.

:)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235190 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
The fact that there are enough Wiccan prisoners incarcerated to have a need for counsel, ought to put up a red flag that being a Wiccan offers no more protection from criminals than does being an ordinary Joe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Wiccan prisoners in B.C. cursed by the federal government
“However, the government is not convinced all services offered through the chaplaincy program reflect an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/12...
"from" criminals? Or did you mean it doesn't protect one from BECOMING a criminal?

Of course it doesn't. Nor does any other religion, or Atheism for that matter. And?

Are you suggesting it MAKES criminals?

LOL, do you even KNOW what you're trying to argue here?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235191 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't dictate what I post Bitner, no matter how you attack my "state of mind."
Your own "witchy" state of mind is nothing of witch to brag!!!
I'm trying to expose your religion as being no better than other religions.
Why? Did someone suggest it was better?

Oh, come on, Fraud....do drag out some of my old posts that don't really say that, but that your twisted brain will insist they do.

I'll say right here and now, clearly and unambiguously....My religion is no better or worse than any other, EXCEPT for me. That is not to be taken as me saying that everyone should be Wiccan. I wouldn't want that anyway. I'm saying it's the best religion FOR ME. Everyone else should find the best religion, or none, for themselves.

Clear enough for you?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, you don't believe me.

Tough crap, it's the truth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235192 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner and I were comrades in arms back in the good old days of picking on the Christians.
Hahahahahaha
I didn't realize what was hiding from my view until I started digging into the Wiccan religion.
It has been quite an eye-opener for me, albeit that Bitner no longer buddies up to me.
:)
Bullshit. Still, you've just confirmed for me what I said earlier. You were feeling lonely, wanted attention, and so you picked a fight. Got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 3 min Pope Bennie s Closet 7
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Terra Firma 5,434
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 7 min Deborah 11
Victory for plaintiff in China gay conversion case 9 min Pope Bennie s Closet 4
1st Gay Divorce in State History Granted in Sou... 10 min Pope Bennie s Closet 2
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 11 min Jonah1 26,665
Jindal defends January prayer rally at LSU campus 16 min Dork 34
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 25 min Pope Bennie s Closet 2,825
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 33 min Reverend Alan 4,971
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 11 hr Your blood we hope 21
More from around the web