Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Read more
Peaches

Houston, TX

#235561 Sep 10, 2012
What is God's purpose when He severely reprimands sin in believers' lives? What attitudes and behaviors must we have to be able to receive such a correction?
Peaches

Houston, TX

#235562 Sep 10, 2012
If June turn to God with a heart willing to repent of a critical spirit this will allow her to accept His correction and be restored to His service.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235563 Sep 10, 2012
Ayaan Hirsi Ali

When asked whether she will raise her son as an atheist:

Itís very interesting that you ask that. My life before I had my child was abstract. Now, once you have the child, thatís no longer theory. You actually are now bringing up this tiny human being, innocent, helpless.

And so you have to ask yourself,ďDo I really want to bring him up with the idea that there is no God?Ē And my approach is ó and my husband agrees with me ó no, Iím not going to tell my son there is no God. Why? Because when I was growing up I was told there is a God.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
Peaches

Houston, TX

#235564 Sep 10, 2012
In our society, many people of all ages are lonely and feel isolated. They are looking for meaningful relationships. God's plan for the church is that we be the connection to one another, so should be today's church family. We should find joy in "doing life together."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235565 Sep 10, 2012
Peaches wrote:
If June turn to God with a heart willing to repent of a critical spirit this will allow her to accept His correction and be restored to His service.
When it pertains to Allah, do you have a "critical spirit?"

:)

And you still haven't answered my question. Did Jehovah convert to Christianity?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#235566 Sep 10, 2012
Peaches wrote:
In our socity, many peoples of all ages are lonely and feel violated.
Well, that explains your fascination with posting as an illiterate, truck stop hooker from Houston, R1!! Nice job!
Dr Livingston

Lovelady, TX

#235567 Sep 10, 2012
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that explains your fascination with posting as an illiterate, truck stop hooker from Houston, R1!! Nice job!
Did you make a wrong turn at the cafe and wind up here?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235568 Sep 10, 2012
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that explains your fascination with posting as an illiterate, truck stop hooker from Houston, R1!! Nice job!
Don't bother Peaches! His/her sock puppets are busy punching the positive icons in praise of Peaches.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235569 Sep 10, 2012
Peaches wrote:
In our society, many people of all ages are lonely and feel isolated. They are looking for meaningful relationships. God's plan for the church is that we be the connection to one another, so should be today's church family. We should find joy in "doing life together."
Are you trying in "vain" to lure in more suckers?

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#235570 Sep 10, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother Peaches! His/her sock puppets are busy punching the positive icons in praise of Peaches.
She's just waiting for Daystorm to come and describe all his perverted sexual fantasies to her. That's the "christian" idea of foreplay:-)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235571 Sep 10, 2012
How hard up for attention do people have to be to believe that an invisible deity is in love with them.

Is a deity in love with a cat, a dog, or a monkey???

"NO" you say.

Well, what makes you think you are so much more adorable than these fussy, furry animals?

It certainly can't be human intelligence that a deity finds so adorable.

The question then becomes ... how far below should a deity go?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235573 Sep 10, 2012
Foreplay for me now is trying to get into bed without wrecking what's left of my body.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#235574 Sep 11, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep on preaching, and hope that others will learn to be as holy as are you!
I've never understood just what it is we're supposed to be "saved from". God makes us, then makes us so rotten we can't even be in His Presence. We sure don't have much going for us, do we? I thought God doesn't make mistakes- well, He didn't get anything right with us, did He?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235575 Sep 11, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never understood just what it is we're supposed to be "saved from". God makes us, then makes us so rotten we can't even be in His Presence. We sure don't have much going for us, do we? I thought God doesn't make mistakes- well, He didn't get anything right with us, did He?
Well I guess we can't fault "all" gods for creating us as rotten parts of his tree.

NOW ... the trick is, to find out which one of the gods was the first one and the REAL one that created everything, including us bad apples, so that we can put the blame where it belongs.

From my perspective, picking on false gods is not the answer ... especially if we want to keep on the paths of bad-apple righteousness.

But in order to come to any conclusion of which god is responsible for this creating such a mess, it's going to take some "infallible" detective skills.

I don't know about you ... but that leaves me out of the picture.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235576 Sep 11, 2012
When that first creating-god had a good thing going, as according to at least some theologians, we were all invisible, I just don't understand why the creator felt a need to create the first man or woman out of material that falls so far short of perfection.

It seems to me that if my kiddies were behaving themselves in spirit, I wouldn't be inclined to put their spirits into cell-infested bodies that I knew would become ill and result in the extreme suffering "of" my kiddies.

It belies any sense of logic to even go there and think such nasty thoughts of a supposed perfect and holy creator.

My guess is ... humans first created the creator, or creators, and because they didn't know any better, they created flawed images in their own minds ... and therein LIES the problem.

But its any body's guess, as the proof of human stupidity is plain ... and whether one, or thousands of gods exist, is still "up for grabs."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235577 Sep 11, 2012
I find it ironic that Christians that for centuries persecuted verbally and physically, even to put homosexuals to death, are now coming around as though they made a "slight" mistake.

It was religion that caused the problems, and it is religion that will keep causing problems ... because humans are too "bloody" vain to admit that they had no right to depend on human-created words in books to use against other innocent humans.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Thinking Anglicans

Friday, 7 September 2012

Dean of St Albans writes about same-sex marriage for Church Times

The following article was published last week in the Church Times, and is reproduced here by permission.

Time to tell the truth about gays

Same-sex marriage can be as holy and covenantal as the heterosexual kind, argues Jeffrey John

http://www.thinkinganglicans.org.uk/archives/...
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#235578 Sep 11, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By preaching that being gay is evil,.
they are evil, they are an abomination in God's eye.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235579 Sep 11, 2012
Even after I pointed out again and again and again, the horror put upon homosexuals by devout Christians, Ink (the ever-faithful Christian) doesn't say "There must be something wrong with the scriptures, or at least how I am interpreting them." Instead Ink comes back with the attitude "If it offends God, they best not be homosexuals."

The defense of the bible being the truth from a god has cost human lives over and over, and still the idiocy remains in plain view, and followers such as Ink, are still faithful fools to the same old folly!

That lame and useless promise of salvation lured many weak-minded humans to fall for the line that if they just obeyed the master-leaders of their cults ... God would love them and take them home to be with "him."

What a shame that the blood-baths continue over defending useless and lie-filled myths!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235580 Sep 11, 2012
As I stated before, even as a child, the preachers couldn't entice me to use the biblical scriptures against others, by claiming that a god wanted me (in essence) to be a bully for god.

It just didn't happen ... and for that, I am thankful.
Catholic Girl

Bethpage, NY

#235581 Sep 11, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in gods or in placing value on the data titled as dead sea scrolls or what was documented in metal books by ignorant men. I suggest you answer those questions to your own satisfaction ... just as you answer every other point to your own satisfaction.
I will ask you the question. Does the imaginary Jehovah love Christians?

So What does June believe in? The tooth fairy maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 5 min Just Think 1,620
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 9 min doty 58,868
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 9 min WeTheSheeple 562
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 10 min WeTheSheeple 759
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 12 min WeTheSheeple 1,915
News Federal judge won't stay order in Alabama gay-m... 15 min WeTheSheeple 115
News Indiana House OKs religious objection bill by w... 21 min doty 123
News Indiana's Religious 'Anti-Gay' Law That Wasn't 38 min Scoma Coma 24
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Scoma Coma 17,796
More from around the web