Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235155 Sep 5, 2012
I don't wonder why the ancient gods were created as brutes. Humans are the cruelest of beasts on earth, and it has nothing to do with sin or falling short of the expectations of any god.

It has everything to do with simply being cruel.

Peaches and DayStorm are both "religious" and that ought to put up a red flag that religion is used as a scapegoat to blame nasty natures on an imaginary god.

They need to hide their true natures somewhere, and where is a better place to hide them than in a bible?

It's worked all through history for brutal humans, and it works for them today.

What a shame!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235156 Sep 5, 2012
Observe this blathering idiot ... who was certain that a god could hardly wait for him to arrive in heaven to greet him as being a holy servant.

Stupid people!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235157 Sep 5, 2012

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235158 Sep 5, 2012
I wonder, when Jerry Falwell passed over, if he found out that his male God in truth favors those who are gay?

Now wouldn't THAT be a "bummer?"

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235159 Sep 5, 2012
Believe it ... or not.

&fe ature=related
truth

Perth, Australia

#235161 Sep 6, 2012
code is not dreams
Lucy architect
Are you remember?
Lucy is been on creation when your Creator created.
but fall
you too ..
ujoli u=21 letter in alphabetic order
21 century yep

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235162 Sep 6, 2012
Atheists who tried in vain to stamp out religion were as cruel as religious leaders who were also so vain as to believe a god wanted them to sacrifice other humans and animals to the flames.

I don't know if there IS any hope to conform cruelty in human nature, but one thing is for sure ... and that is ... religion does not make a person with a cruel nature over into a kind person. All that happens is that the cruel person uses religion to BE cruel.

And some of those in religion who believe they are kind, sit back, pretending to follow a Jesus-figure of "love," watch homosexuals being persecuted and murdered and committing suicide from bullying, with an attitude "God will take care of everything FOR ME!"

Religion neither makes cruel people kind, nor does it give them a backbone to speak up when other religious bullies are plying their tactics against defenseless others.

History is fraught with those in religion getting away with murder under the banner of one supposed god's "will" or another god's "will," and it just doesn't end.

Maybe as long as humans tread the earth, such brutal nonsense never will end!

It is what it is.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235163 Sep 6, 2012
Peaches, DayStorm, Ink, Fred Phelps, and on, and on, and on, are quite certain that their religion transformed them into loving images of the mythical Jesus, whose character was created by men as one of divine love.

Had Jesus lived, he would not only have been the leader of a divisive cult, whose claim was that they knew the only path to bliss in an afterlife, but, as a faithful Jew, he would have been the leader of only a Jewish cult. He also would not have been kind ... as he never spoke up against his father who ordered that his own created humans must be stoned to death. From all dogmatic indications Jesus said nothing! And had Jesus lived, he would have known that his morphed Christian father was sending offenders to burn in hell for eternity. And just as does the Christian poster Ink on this forum ... Jesus said nothing to correct his father's extreme mean-streaks, and that would have meant that he was a weak-willed wimp of a man.

Religion is based on one lie after another ... and that, from my years of study of religion, is my concept of truth.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235164 Sep 6, 2012
"It's nice to be nice to the nice" was a phrase I heard on the sitcom M.A.S.H.

It reminds me of those who congregate in divisive religious groups and by subtle messages indicate to each other how wise they are for belonging to such organizations. They smile and preach and share, and listen to their favorite scriptures as though a god was smiling over them and vibrating through them ... as they sway ... or roll around the floor ... hypnotized ... by the repetitive drone of the preachers' voices and seductive melodramatic words.

"Aren't we grand?" say the egotistical buffoons, to themselves and each other. "It's no wonder God loves us! But sometimes I wonder, when we are so faithful, why we still have to suffer so much, and why God isn't nicer to us ... his chosen few? I guess for God it's not so easy to be "nice to the nice."

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235165 Sep 6, 2012
Wiccan Priest For B.C. Prison Inmates Cancelled For Now

VANCOUVER - Public Safety Minister Vic Toews appears less concerned about the quality of spells cast from behind bars than he is about a backlash from taxpayers, cancelling a Corrections Canada tender for a priest to nurture the spiritual needs of witches in prison.

Earlier this week, the federal prison agency put out a request for a proposal for a Wiccan chaplain in British Columbia who would provide about 17 hours of service a month, about an hour less service than the department says it needs for the Jewish faith.

About an hour after The Canadian Press reported on the contract, a statement from Toews's office said it will not proceed until after a review.

"Religious freedom is a paramount value in Canadian society," Julie Carmichael, director of communications for the minister, said in an email.

"However, the government is not convinced all services offered through the chaplaincy program reflect an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars."

A government official said Toews was not consulted about the Wiccan posting.

Guidance with casting spells, invocation of the gods and goddesses and rituals involving the four elements were among the services that could have been offered to inmates as part of the prison system's roster of available spiritual services.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/09/05/wicca...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235166 Sep 6, 2012
My guess is, Wicca will be the religion of the future. It morphs into most anything one could "desire."

There is power in numbers and Wiccans are busy lobbying the government at this moment in "time."

Beware Christians ... as your young folks come home and inform you that they are now Christian-"witches."

Wiccans might not admit that as do Christians, they proselytize, but maybe "spreading the word" would be an acceptable phrase.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

"People have ancient views of Wiccan or paganism, people have a very negative image and it's taken a long time to get people to understand we're not devil worshipers, we're not bad people — we're just simple tree-huggers."

The tender included a generic job description and listed the pay as ranging from $25,000 to $50,000. The chaplain would be required to deliver Wiccan spiritual services, pastoral counselling and crisis intervention.

The applicant also would plan and lead Wiccan services "with ritual, teaching and meditation" to reduce stress and anger generated by incidents within the institution, or to commemorate the faith's holy days. It would be the applicant's role to create a "sanctuary atmosphere" within the prison chapel.

Meredith Kimber, a 35-year-old Wiccan priestess from Nanaimo, B.C., explained those tasks could translate into anything from common-sense counselling that simply comes from a like-minded person to full-fledged rituals conducted in the Wiccan tradition.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235167 Sep 6, 2012
I suggest that you don't believe that Wiccans are "simply" tree-huggers. They are as manipulating as any other humans on planet earth, and humans by nature are power-hungry.

Those in Wicca do not strive to take the lofty title of "witch" because they are weak as kittens.

Witches believe they can cast spells ... and whether the spells are harmless, depends on the character and the intent of the Wiccan.

Religious titles such as Christian-Wiccan can morph much easier than can human nature.

And yes, I am referring directly to those such as Bitner ... who "knows for a fact" that fetuses for the full nine months of gestation in no way can feel pain ... even though when they are born at six or seven months gestation, we KNOW that they DO feel pain.

Religion does not make cruel people kind.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235168 Sep 6, 2012
Imagine the horror Christians of today feel, when they can see that soon Wiccan "counselors" will be allowed in prisons as men and women of the "sacred-words."

I don't believe in evil ... but I do know from years of observation that humans are capable of using religion to serve their own selfish needs.

Christians that for centuries held all the power in America over the Native Indians, Black people and all others, are now being over-shadowed by a group that is more cunning than were and are the dyed in the wool Christians.

This powerful group welcomes the young Christians and Agnostics and Atheists to their fold under the new banner of religion known as Wicca.

They are smart cookies indeed! Watch for them as they become more and more powerful in government, and as the undiluted Christians slowly have to, more and more admit defeat.

Freedom of religion cuts more ways than one way "dear Christians" ... and what went around seems to now be "coming back around."

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235169 Sep 6, 2012
The religious dramas go on and on and on.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Five More Jaw-Droppers From Vanity Fair's Story on Tom Cruise and Scientology

Nicole Kidman Was a Real Downer: Scientology considered Cruise's Catholic second wife a "Suppressive Person," one who could interfere with his spiritual well-being, and the same went for her psychologist father. Per the article, a church member who was monitoring Kidman's progress was made to sleep on the floor and perform manual labor as punishment for losing her grip on the actress. Their adopted kids, Connor and Bella, took a course on "S.P.'s" and rejected Kidman—and her movies!—after their parents divorced, according to an ex-member.(Cruise's first wife, Mimi Rogers, was a Scientologist, but an ex-member says that church chief David Miscavige played a role in the breakup of both marriages. Miscavige then served as Cruise's best man when he married Holmes.)

http://ca.eonline.com/news/343519/five-more-j...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235170 Sep 6, 2012
Religion is supposed to unite people in emotions of pure and divine "love."

How do you think that Christian parents will feel when their adult children come home to mom and dad and inform them that they are now Christian-witches in the new religion Wicca???

If that is called uniting ... what on earth could be a proper title for dividing?

My guess is, religion has broken more families than it ever united.

Religion is NOT good!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235171 Sep 6, 2012
Bitner doesn't approve of the following, as it makes her religion appear other than wonderful. But there are as many flavors of Wicca as there are Wiccans ... and Bitner can't control what other Wiccans believe is true for them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

You Need: Black or white candle, Photo of target, lighter or matches

Picture your target suffering, and while burning the photo of your enemy, recite:

"Gods, hear my plea,
Someone has hurt me,
And made me sad.
Now I've become really mad.
Fire of the candle,
Heat of the flame,
Strike of thunder,
And the demons name.
I call upon you now,
To bring revenge upon him/her.
Make him/her suffer,
Make him/her cry.
Take him/her down,
With just one try.
Make him/her think twice,
Not to hurt me again,
And bring him/her,
The bad luck chain."

http://www.wiccanspace.com/spells/545-bad-luc ...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#235172 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, Wicca will be the religion of the future. It morphs into most anything one could "desire."
There is power in numbers and Wiccans are busy lobbying the government at this moment in "time."
Beware Christians ... as your young folks come home and inform you that they are now Christian-"witches."
Wiccans might not admit that as do Christians, they proselytize, but maybe "spreading the word" would be an acceptable phrase.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
"People have ancient views of Wiccan or paganism, people have a very negative image and it's taken a long time to get people to understand we're not devil worshipers, we're not bad people — we're just simple tree-huggers."
The tender included a generic job description and listed the pay as ranging from $25,000 to $50,000. The chaplain would be required to deliver Wiccan spiritual services, pastoral counselling and crisis intervention.
The applicant also would plan and lead Wiccan services "with ritual, teaching and meditation" to reduce stress and anger generated by incidents within the institution, or to commemorate the faith's holy days. It would be the applicant's role to create a "sanctuary atmosphere" within the prison chapel.
Meredith Kimber, a 35-year-old Wiccan priestess from Nanaimo, B.C., explained those tasks could translate into anything from common-sense counselling that simply comes from a like-minded person to full-fledged rituals conducted in the Wiccan tradition.
Oh, were you feeling lonely, June? Or is it just that your anger is boiling over, and you feel the need to pick a fight?

Applying to act as Wiccan clergy to those in jail who are already Wiccan cannot be seen as proselyting even by the most skewed of imaginations.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235173 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that you don't believe that Wiccans are "simply" tree-huggers. They are as manipulating as any other humans on planet earth, and humans by nature are power-hungry.
Those in Wicca do not strive to take the lofty title of "witch" because they are weak as kittens.
Witches believe they can cast spells ... and whether the spells are harmless, depends on the character and the intent of the Wiccan.
Religious titles such as Christian-Wiccan can morph much easier than can human nature.
And yes, I am referring directly to those such as Bitner ... who "knows for a fact" that fetuses for the full nine months of gestation in no way can feel pain ... even though when they are born at six or seven months gestation, we KNOW that they DO feel pain.
Religion does not make cruel people kind.
June, once again you lie about my position. My position regarding the question of fetal pain comes from my education, and the myriad of studies from multiple disciplines in science. It has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

Why can't you be honest for a change?

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#235174 Sep 6, 2012
Humans are self-serving and often because of selfish desires, very cruel.

Religion tries in vain to hide human nature, but has never succeeded, and it is my guess, that it will never succeed.

Selfishness is not even a distant relation to the word love and no amount of religious indoctrination of ANY flavor can make it so!

You and I are animals of the worst type. Get used to it, and only then will you have the will to leave the cults and stop being dreamers of sought-after spiritual utopias built on the bases of selfishness. It ain't gonna happen.

All we can do with our unruly natures is try to be as kind to each other as our selfishness allows ... period!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#235175 Sep 6, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Bitner doesn't approve of the following, as it makes her religion appear other than wonderful. But there are as many flavors of Wicca as there are Wiccans ... and Bitner can't control what other Wiccans believe is true for them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
You Need: Black or white candle, Photo of target, lighter or matches
Picture your target suffering, and while burning the photo of your enemy, recite:
"Gods, hear my plea,
Someone has hurt me,
And made me sad.
Now I've become really mad.
Fire of the candle,
Heat of the flame,
Strike of thunder,
And the demons name.
I call upon you now,
To bring revenge upon him/her.
Make him/her suffer,
Make him/her cry.
Take him/her down,
With just one try.
Make him/her think twice,
Not to hurt me again,
And bring him/her,
The bad luck chain."
http://www.wiccanspace.com/spells/545-bad-luc ...
Wrong. I don't approve because such a spell goes against the teachings of Wicca. And yes, when it comes to whether or not something comforms to those teachings that are true for all Wiccans, I CAN speak to that. And no, I can't control someone who ignores the core principles of their own religion, but I can't say that this is what they are doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 7 min cpeter1313 694
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 16 min Lukashenko is Dr ... 2,123
Beck: Liberals Won't Condemn Islam Because of '... 27 min Fundies R Mentall... 10
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 28 min WasteWater 10
Questions linger on gay Boy Scout leaders as Ga... 30 min Fundies R Mentall... 6
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,277
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 1 hr Pietro Armando 1,033
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 2 hr Fundies R Mentall... 130
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 2 hr Fundies R Mentall... 41
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 4 hr WeTheSheeple 165

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE