Priest who denied communion to lesbian at mother's funeral leaves archdiocese after public outrage

Jul 10, 2012 Full story: Daily Mail 28

A priest who denied communion to a lesbian at her mother's funeral because she was 'living in sin' has left the Archdiocese of Washington after facing an earlier suspension for his actions.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
david traversa

Argentina

#1 Jul 10, 2012
He would have sent Mary Magdalen to a concentration camp (to be gassed)..
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#2 Jul 10, 2012
Bye Bye!
Elizaneth Johnson

Sterling, VA

#3 Jul 10, 2012
The term "Gay" as used today refers to anyone in a same sex relationship. However, if one was to truly study religion, scripture, stories, and referrences nowhere does it say anything about two women living together.

It was a sin for two men to lay together as a man and a woman. In other words have sex as a man and a woman would.

From a literal and biological stand point two women cannot lay ogether as man and a woman. If they cannot physically have sex as man and a woman there can be no sin.
WestCoaster

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 10, 2012
The term "Gay" as used today refers to anyone in a same sex relationship. However, if one was to truly study religion, scripture, stories, and referrences nowhere does it say anything about two women living together.

It was a sin for two men to lay together as a man and a woman. In other words have sex as a man and a woman would.

From a literal and biological stand point two women cannot lay ogether as man and a woman. If they cannot physically have sex as man and a woman there can be no sin.

You're almost there Elizabeth. Man lieing with another man as he would with a woman is a lot more than just the physical aspect of it. Back then when a man would lie with a woman it was NOT as an equal, but as a possesion. A piece of property. The admonition was to never treat the men you were sleeping with in that way. They were your equal. To treat them as a piece of property was the abomination.
Kepler

El Segundo, CA

#5 Jul 10, 2012
Most of that "public outrage" in the thread title was from the queers.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Jul 10, 2012
david traversa wrote:
He would have sent Mary Magdalen to a concentration camp (to be gassed)..
Why is that ?

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Jul 10, 2012
Elizaneth Johnson wrote:
The term "Gay" as used today refers to anyone in a same sex relationship. However, if one was to truly study religion, scripture, stories, and referrences nowhere does it say anything about two women living together.
It was a sin for two men to lay together as a man and a woman. In other words have sex as a man and a woman would.
From a literal and biological stand point two women cannot lay ogether as man and a woman. If they cannot physically have sex as man and a woman there can be no sin.
I was going to say this.

But you already did.

:)

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jul 10, 2012
Kepler wrote:
Most of that "public outrage" in the thread title was from the queers.
Kepler used circular reasoning.

:)
A Word from King James

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jul 10, 2012
Elizaneth Johnson wrote:
The term "Gay" as used today refers to anyone in a same sex relationship. However, if one was to truly study religion, scripture, stories, and referrences nowhere does it say anything about two women living together.
It was a sin for two men to lay together as a man and a woman. In other words have sex as a man and a woman would.
From a literal and biological stand point two women cannot lay ogether as man and a woman. If they cannot physically have sex as man and a woman there can be no sin.
You've been sniffing the gas; sugar
.
Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines
.
1000 women all married to each other is the biggest gay marriage in the Bible
Kepler

El Segundo, CA

#10 Jul 10, 2012
A Word from King James wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been sniffing the gas; sugar
.
Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines
.
1000 women all married to each other is the biggest gay marriage in the Bible
Obviously Solomon wasn't queer.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Jul 10, 2012
A Word from King James wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been sniffing the gas; sugar
.
Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines
.
1000 women all married to each other is the biggest gay marriage in the Bible
Males are well known for exaggeratting the stories of sexual exploits as time goes on. I have a feeling the true figures were 7 & 3, but were added onto each time the story was told over the years, decades, and centuries.

Hven't you heard that in nursing homes, nearly all the men claim to have 14" or more ?

:)
Copernicus

El Segundo, CA

#12 Jul 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Males are well known for exaggeratting the stories of sexual exploits as time goes on. I have a feeling the true figures were 7 & 3, but were added onto each time the story was told over the years, decades, and centuries.
Hven't you heard that in nursing homes, nearly all the men claim to have 14" or more ?
:)
Just because Solomon listed 1000 dependents on his tax return doesn't mean he was married to them.
Elom

Lacon, IL

#13 Jul 10, 2012
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

1 Corinthians 11:27-32 KJV
Copernicus

El Segundo, CA

#14 Jul 10, 2012
Elom wrote:
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
1 Corinthians 11:27-32 KJV
AMEN.
A Word from King James

Alpharetta, GA

#15 Jul 10, 2012
Elom wrote:
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
1 Corinthians 11:27-32 KJV
I'll pass on cannibalism
.
I prefer rings and a WhopperŽ

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Jul 10, 2012
Copernicus wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because Solomon listed 1000 dependents on his tax return doesn't mean he was married to them.
Copernicus used circular reasoning.

:)
last train

Seattle, WA

#17 Jul 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Males are well known for exaggeratting the stories of sexual exploits as time goes on. I have a feeling the true figures were 7 & 3, but were added onto each time the story was told over the years, decades, and centuries.
Hven't you heard that in nursing homes, nearly all the men claim to have 14" or more ?
:)
And yet you claim to have a functoning brain. Talk about people that exaggerate.
Copernicus

El Segundo, CA

#18 Jul 10, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Copernicus used circular reasoning.
:)
He wasn't gay, if that's what you are implying.
David Evans

Nerang, Australia

#19 Jul 10, 2012
I left the U.K. because thry legalised homosexuality
I thought they might make it compulsury

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Jul 10, 2012
Copernicus wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't gay, if that's what you are implying.
No, I wasn't. You obviously don't know anything about Copernicus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saturday Morning With NE Jade 6 min Vilonia 7
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 7 min HOLME 68,498
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Reverend Alan 5,492
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 8 min Wondering 25
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 14 min Wondering 43
Bill Would Let Michigan Doctors, EMTs Refuse To... 20 min Wondering 153
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 26 min Static Charge 26,698
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 39 min Pietro Armando 5,004
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 1 hr Rick in Kansas 14
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 1 hr Mikey 14
More from around the web