Obama Announces Full Support for Gay Marriage

May 9, 2012 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: politix.topix.com

It's a historic day for gay rights activists: Obama has just announced his support for gay marriage.

Comments (Page 592)

Showing posts 11,821 - 11,840 of26,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? If Romney is elected.....he has NO CONTROL over whether Justice Gingsburg stays or retires......the choice will be her's, but know this.......if she should retire....another like-mined Justice will be appointed..........because the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT can not do it's job if it is all one way or the other.
Oh and just for your information.....outside of President Reagan, California has NEVER voted for a Republican Presidential nominee before!!!
The woman is 106 if she's a day....

Who said CA was voting republican???? But to be fair, you all did elect a republican governor...twice

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said the truth was easy to accept....
yeah, but for you it doesn't even seem easy to tell.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

fr get that fool:

>Nobody said the truth was easy to accept.... <

Problem is, you don't know what the truth really is.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..hardly any effort at all...that's just a stupid thing to suggest as procreation and an even dumber reason to assume that would bolster your case for ssm....
look, silly... if you use feminine sperm based on bone marrow stem cells and fertilise the ovum of another woman it IS procreation. if you use your own stem cell sperm to fertilise your own ovum, it's still procreation. the end result is the same. all they've done (to the glory of god) is relieve the stress from women to have to either go shopping for sperm, or hang around in bars for long enough to find someone to get drunk and knock her up... or worse yet, marry some guy just so that she can have babies and then toss him out later. now she can do it all by herself and thus aid in chlorinating the gene pool.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, but for you it doesn't even seem easy to tell.
It isn't always easy, but it 'is' necessary.....
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
mr. carter was the best president since fdr. many people didn't like him because he wanted the u.s. to be at peace with the rest of the world.
mr. obama is the third best president since fdr.
quit listening to the pundits and look at the facts.
In defference to this thread, which is now loosely about ssm, I will not get into a discussion on this with you... besides facts are the last thing you want to look at.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

no big O wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya... but Reagan ran against Carter. The only president in recent history who arguably did a worse job than the big O... so could go red once again
It's not about their job performance......it has to do with being a Republican.......Reagan was a liked actor and had been the Governor of this state.......it will not turn Red!!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality one lesbian can impregnate another lesbian, provided the first lesbian is a male lesbian.
Hey....don't get mad at me....I didn't make this stuff up.:)
Sorry, we weren't discussing a man impregnating a woman.....sorry that part was unclear to you!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman is 106 if she's a day....
Who said CA was voting republican???? But to be fair, you all did elect a republican governor...twice
Voting for a Republican Governor is NOT the same as voting for a Republican President!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like polygamists families???? Or children from incestuous relationships??? You mean 'those' families???
I already explained it is a separate issue. So you want to cook for six men? Have at it. I don't care.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

How fortunate that the rights of citizens aren't up to a vote, and that the courts can override popular bigotry.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can, but I don't think it should. There are a lot of people who will continue to vote down gay marriage. We greatly outnumber you, so you'll continue to "struggle".

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

No, it does not include men and women, and it is not a recognized diagnostic term. It's a silly term made up by people who don't know the difference between orientation and gender identity.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly like another word....lesbian. It used to refer only to female homosexuals, but now it includes both men and women.
http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/polepino/Chapter...
The "Male Lesbian" Concept
Another potentially useful diagnostic label is that of "male lesbian". On the surface the whole idea appears ludicrous; everyone knows that lesbians are female homosexuals who want to "make it" vis-a-vis another woman. Yet in selecting the men to be interviewed for this research the seemingly incongruous notion of "male lesbian" kept staring me in the face again and again. For this reason, I don't think that any book pre-tending to be complete on the subject of chronic love-shyness in men can afford to ignore the "male lesbian" idea. Specifically, a "male lesbian" is a heterosexual man who wishes that he had been born a woman, but who (even if he had been a woman) could only make love to another woman and never to a man. Unlike the transsexual, the "male lesbian" does not feel himself to be "a woman trapped inside the body of a man". Moreover, none of the love-shy men studied for this research entertained any wishes or fantasies of any kind pertinent to the idea of obtaining a sex change operation. All wanted to keep their male genitalia; all wanted to remain as males. However, all deeply envied the perogatives of the female gender and truly believed that these perogatives fitted their own inborn temperaments far more harmoniously than the pattern of behavioral expectations to which males are required to adhere.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

<quoted text>
mr. carter was the best president since fdr. many people didn't like him because he wanted the u.s. to be at peace with the rest of the world.
mr. obama is the third best president since fdr.
quit listening to the pundits and look at the facts.
Unfortunately the rest of the world didn't share his view of peace.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
No, it does not include men and women, and it is not a recognized diagnostic term. It's a silly term made up by people who don't know the difference between orientation and gender identity.
<quoted text>
If a man feels he is a woman trapped inside a male body, and he is sexually attracted to women, he then could be defined as a..........male lesbian. Makes sense

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
rather than saying stupid things, maybe it's time that you actually did a little bit of research.
That research would show that donated frozen sperm is not used by lesbians? And yes I know that oppostite couples, and single women, also use donated sperm, so no need to state that which I already have.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man feels he is a woman trapped inside a male body, and he is sexually attracted to women, he then could be defined as a..........male lesbian. Makes sense
Of course, she could also be described as simply a lesbian, since gender and orientation seem to be separate.

The interesting thing is, though, that such a lesbian - even if legally a female, can be legally married to another female.

And the world doesn't collapse.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I missed the part in biology that said two same sexed people were essential to our existence and survival....
Perhaps all the childless couples should have their "marriage" licenses revoked then.

In case you need a lesson in the birds and bees, marriage is NOT and never has been required for reproduction. Do you honestly think that if gay couples get married, that there will cease to be any babies?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the concept of "transgendered" escape you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that a couple that includes a woman who has had a hysterectomy cannot procreate in ACTUALITY nor in THEORY. She's still not denied the right to marry. Want to know why? Because marriage does not mandate the possibility of procreation.
It never will.
You stil got NOTHING. That's all you'll ever have...NOTHING.
It doesn't need to mandate procreation. Sex between men and women makes babies, incluing ones named Jonah. Society benefits when it occurs within the marital relationship. Children do better when raised by their OWN biological mother and father in a stable marriage. The state privleges the male female relationship because of that.

The essential public purpose of marriage is to attach mothers and fathers to their children and to one another. To see the importance of this purpose, we must take the perspective of the child: What is owed to the child? Unlike adults, the child does not need autonomy or independence. The child is entitled to a relationship with and care from both of the people who brought him into being. Therefore, the child has a legitimate interest in the stability of his parents’ union. But no child can defend these entitlements himself. Nor is it adequate to make restitution after these rights have been violated. The child’s rights to care and relationship must be supported pro-actively, before harm is done, for those rights to be protected at all.

Marriage is adult society’s institutional structure for protecting the legitimate interests of children. Without this public purpose, we would not need marriage as a distinct social institution.

http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/the_...

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Voting for a Republican Governor is NOT the same as voting for a Republican President!!!
LOL tell me about it, the state of Illinois has had a few Republican governors, to be honest I cant remember the last time it went red in a presidential election.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,821 - 11,840 of26,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••