Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

Mar 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Skanner

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Comments (Page 193)

Showing posts 3,841 - 3,860 of9,656
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Mountain wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha, good one.
"Don" and his ilk have no idea where their bedtime stories come from.
The adam and eve fairy tale is a spinoff of the older, more interesting Babylonian creation story, where the gods (plural, the elohim) created people to work as slaves in their paradise garden.
But the wise, crafty serpent showed the people the tree of knowledge, so that when they ate of it they could decide for themselves right and wrong, and would no longer need to be slaves to the gods.
Quite a fitting myth, now we have science we don't need fairy tales.
actually, you have missed my point completely.

what i meant to say is that these threads are simply cocked full of 'fruits' who are very knowledgeable.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You ignore the consequences of your radical new social policy by calling them conniption[s] and theatrics; the people aren't buying. Maybe that's because there is no equality between a same sex couple and a husband/wife marriage.
There is no gender equality right in the Constitution.
Yes there is, 14th Amendment.
Brian_G wrote:
The states did not ratify the ERA because they don't want same sex marriage. That's why we work with our churches to keep marriage between man and woman.
We have a separation of church and state.
Keep your hateful superstitions to yourselves!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
We have the right to elect legislators and executives who share our values. If same sex marriage was legal, then our churches would share the same status as the KKK, in the eyes of the politically correct. If you don't want to belong to a hate group, work with your church to protect husband/wife marriage.
How does that follow? Trying to deny people equal rights makes you part of a hate group now!
Brian_G wrote:
There is no marriage equality right because there's no gender equality right in the Constitution.
14th Amendment.
Brian_G wrote:
Men and women are different, that's why it's perfectly OK to have men's rooms and women's rooms but not separate restrooms for blacks and whites.
Keep marriage between man and woman; vive le difference.
Your ex didn't keep her marriage between man and woman!

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Since: Feb 12

Four more years

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Breitbart wrote:
Black Churches. That one has to make you think.
Yup. Imagine if anything was ever called a "white church".

lol....

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

0h-Really wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. Imagine if anything was ever called a "white church".
lol....
Like the KKK?
Or the Church in Kentucky that won't allow interracial couples?

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Brandi8 wrote:
<quoted text>Because the gay agenda try to say that being homo is normal. If homosexual was normal, why would lesbo want to look like boys??????
That's your claim.
Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with your same sex attractions.
Brandi8 wrote:
Homosexual is a lifestyle. You all decided to like the opposite sex.
?
Mountain

Ruckersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Brandi8 wrote:
<quoted text>Because the gay agenda try to say that being homo is normal. If homosexual was normal, why would lesbo want to look like boys?????? Homosexual is a lifestyle. You all decided to like the opposite sex.
"Gay agenda"? "Homosexual is a lifestyle"? LOL You don't have a clue, do you?

Oh, "Brandi", when did you DECIDE to like the same sex?

THat's what I thought, you didn't decide, just like someone being left handed, or being born with blue eyes, because no one can "decide" these things. Sheesh.

In the future try to use that thing between your head called "a brain"

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

0h-Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Do you swear that's the truth,
the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth,
....so help you God?
Swearing to "god" on your book is no longer required in US courts: Torcaso v. Watkins, 367 U.S. 488 (1961).

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

0h-Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww....poor professor pendulum has been trying for three days to get anyone to reply to him, so now he's resorted to projecting other people's comments onto ,...ME, of all people.
lol.....let me educate you yet again, son.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TKTVMFAMT...
The issue was not who MADE the statment you quoted, but what conclusion is drawn from it.
Whoever made the statment is simply WRONG if he/she infers that gay marriage has induced or increased straight divorce.
And the context seemed to suggest that OhFrilly was synpathetic to the statement, not that he himself made the statement.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text>No, not true. I have chosen to tell the truth as it is stated in God's Holy Bible. A man is not to lay with a man and do as he does with a woman. How much more clear does this English need to be to be understood even by a dummy.
How does a man lying with another man do the same thing as a man lying with a woman does?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text>It has everything to do with Eve eating the apple. Now exactly what "eating the apple" means may be unknown, but Eve did it and so did Adam and now, we must live with confused distorted minded people that can't figure out who they should make love too. It stems from Eve eating the apple and pursuading Adam to do the same. Now just understand that and get over it.
hahahahahahah
aahahahahahahaa
ahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahaha

Nitwit comes to mind.

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Four more years

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the KKK?
Or the Church in Kentucky that won't allow interracial couples?
No, like an "all white" church.
Learn to read before you address me again, ignoramus.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text> The Eden story, which takes up chapters 2 to 4 of the Book of Genesis, tells how the Abrahamic God creates the first man and puts him in a paradise-garden in Eden. Before making the first woman, God tells the man that he may eat the fruit of any of the trees in the garden except that of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
GONE WITH THE WIND tells the story of Scarlett O'Hara and how the Civil War changed her way of life.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Don5163 wrote:
<quoted text>I think that whatever your fetish, if it's not fat, juicy, harry, with a reasonably long juicy split in the middle on the frontal side of the body, I am not interested in it. Is this plain and clear enough for you - oh, by the way, it must have a clitoris, inner lips and outter lips and havel been there from birth for me to have even the slightest interest in it. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
You're interested in Harry???

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Four more years

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Savant wrote:
<quoted text>

the context seemed to suggest that Ohreally was synpathetic to the statement, not that he himself made the statement.
Only to an uneducated charlatan like the idiot savant.

The part where I asked "and that proves something?" escaped your feeble mind? That's understandable, considering the idiot savant reads on an elementary school level.
However, the entire concept of straight divorces being over 50% of the total number of divorces is a mathematical equation even a third grader should be able to comprehend.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

0h-Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to an uneducated charlatan like the idiot savant.
The part where I asked "and that proves something?" escaped your feeble mind? That's understandable, considering the idiot savant reads on an elementary school level.
However, the entire concept of straight divorces being over 50% of the total number of divorces is a mathematical equation even a third grader should be able to comprehend.
Only a complete idiot would have missed the sarcasm in Weeble's comment about the 50% divorce rate: That's been the rate nationwide for a long time now. Indeed, the more religiously indoctrinated the state population, the higher the divorce rate. Massachusett's divorce rate is one of the lowest among the states.

“YOU can't AFFORD”

Four more years

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
Swearing to "god" on your book is no longer required in US courts: Torcaso v. Watkins, 367 U.S. 488 (1961).
First of all, it's not "my" book. Unless you can quote me being a proponent of christianity, please refrain from lying about me. Thank you.

Now that you've been educated on the subject of false witness, here's part two of your lesson;

I didn't say swearing on the bible was required. I responded to the blatently ignorant lie that the bible has "nothing whatsoever" to do with American law.

1) One of the first found references of the motto “In God We Trust” is heard in the U.S. National Anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner.

2) American history demonstrates repeatedly that the nation was founded on Christian principles and its founding fathers wished to acknowledge that fact all over Washington D.C.

http://www.allabouthistory.org/in-god-we-trus...

If there are any other historical facts you find yourself ignorant and inquisitive about, please feel free to express yourself in reply to this post. I will gladly oblige do the research for you, since you're apparently incapable.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

0h-Really wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, it's not "my" book. Unless you can quote me being a proponent of christianity, please refrain from lying about me. Thank you.
Now that you've been educated on the subject of false witness, here's part two of your lesson;
I didn't say swearing on the bible was required. I responded to the blatently ignorant lie that the bible has "nothing whatsoever" to do with American law.
1) One of the first found references of the motto “In God We Trust” is heard in the U.S. National Anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner.
2) American history demonstrates repeatedly that the nation was founded on Christian principles and its founding fathers wished to acknowledge that fact all over Washington D.C.
http://www.allabouthistory.org/in-god-we-trus...
If there are any other historical facts you find yourself ignorant and inquisitive about, please feel free to express yourself in reply to this post. I will gladly oblige do the research for you, since you're apparently incapable.
Propaganda is NOT fact, sugar.

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Ask your pastor how you can help keep marriage between husband and wife. Tell your neighbors how you feel about same sex marriage.

Vote!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Ask your pastor how you can help keep marriage between husband and wife. Tell your neighbors how you feel about same sex marriage.
Vote!
ADVERTISE your bigotry!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,841 - 3,860 of9,656
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••