Homophobic Has-Been Kirk Cameron's New Job: NOM Mouthpiece

Jul 11, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.queerty.com

Kirk Cameron pissed off everybody when he went on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight and decried homosexuality as "unnatural," "detrimental," and "ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization." Well, not everyone : His hateful rhetoric landed the former Growing Pains star a gig as a spokesman for the National Organization for Marriage

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 260 of316
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Hatered in the name of God is also a grave sin.
To disagree is NOT sin.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are not a follower of Jesus, don't believe in forgiveness, got it
That verse is not about homosexuality, by the way. But I expect my cat understands the bible better than you
Well then what do you say it's about?

Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question...do you follow all of Leviticus?
This verse did not say "homosexual" by the way, the word didn't exist in Paul's time
You silly fool, the english language did not exist at that time either. It is translated from the original writings.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no god and your views on homosexuality are dangerously outdated.
So the less than 1% says to the over 99%! Interesting!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay isn't a choice "sexual nature" or otherwise.
And God forgives sin. I cannot believe folks still think God will torture you forever if you don't "ask" for God's grace, or that only Christians get saved but all those Hindus and Buddhists and the rest? Hell with them. That makes no sense.
God does not tortue you forever. If you do not accept His son Jesus to reconcile to Him(God) then by default you will be with the one hell was created for. By God's love He sent His son Jesus, that is the only means to have eternal life. And it is thru Him(Jesus) that we will have everlasting life. And it is thru Him we can escape the tortures of a burning hell with the devil. And it thru Him we can overcome all that seperates us from Him.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then what do you say it's about?
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death... "
That's Saulianity, not the teachings of Yeshua.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Saulianity, not the teachings of Yeshua.
It's the bible, the inspired word of God.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
So the less than 1% says to the over 99%! Interesting!
There is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any of the hundreds (if not thousands) of gods tha man has worshipped, exist.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
To disagree is NOT sin.
In the context of the remarks I made toward "Bob", his comments showed a profound level of disrespect for people like me. Disagree with gay marriage or whatnot all you want, but pushing stereotypes and defaming us as a minority is unacceptable and hateful.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Reprobate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but while the country falls apart moally at the seems those of vice need, blame, or scapegoat religion to rationalize their own excess and perversion. Now ya want to brainwash children. The 47% that agree with you are mostly on drugs anyway. This has gone from Norman Rockwell's America to Hugh Hefner's America.
Congratulations
LOL, another ignorant claim that the 47% are on drugs. Didn't do your research on that one either I see. The only moral decline in society is because of the lies of ignorant people like you who make unsubstantiated claims and believe it, whether it's from you or someone else......ie. Fox news.

If you want to argue your point of view, at least have some facts to back your claims.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sober up....there are no experts on this subject.
What's a sky daddy?????? Huh? What?
You know who aren't experts, right? Religious people, that's who. Time to mind your own business and stay out of other peoples lives! A sky daddy is your god creature, as if you didn't know.

Stay of the hooch!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
In the context of the remarks I made toward "Bob", his comments showed a profound level of disrespect for people like me. Disagree with gay marriage or whatnot all you want, but pushing stereotypes and defaming us as a minority is unacceptable and hateful.
By definition minority means a smaller number, it's a matter of equation. A matter of equation cannot be unacceptable or hateful... for it is only an equation. If I am the only female in a room filled with men, I am in the minority, it's neither unacceptable or hateful it is a fact of equation.

Stereotypes...it only means to identify based on previous knowledge. When I was child I would equate long hair to women, by todays standards I was stereotyping, or if one hears a very strong southern accent one may call that person a redneck, again stereotyping. It goes on and on. Stereotyping is only using previous information collected to form a current opinion on something. Everyone does it every day, it's not a bad thing, it is how one uses that information...not simply utilizing the information.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
A sky daddy is your god creature, as if you didn't know.
Stay of the hooch!
Never heard of such a thing...

Hooch???? Huh?

Weird terminology going on here.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition minority means a smaller number, it's a matter of equation. A matter of equation cannot be unacceptable or hateful... for it is only an equation. If I am the only female in a room filled with men, I am in the minority, it's neither unacceptable or hateful it is a fact of equation.
Not true, minority has a slightly different definition when used to refer to a specific group of people who face discrimination. The other term often used is "subjugated group". It is standard academic terminology.
Canon wrote:
Stereotypes...it only means to identify based on previous knowledge.
And to extrapolate presumed characteristics upon an entire group of people without regard for individuality...
Canon wrote:
When I was child I would equate long hair to women, by todays standards I was stereotyping, or if one hears a very strong southern accent one may call that person a redneck, again stereotyping. It goes on and on. Stereotyping is only using previous information collected to form a current opinion on something. Everyone does it every day, it's not a bad thing, it is how one uses that information...not simply utilizing the information.
Yes, but I am referring to stereotyping in the way that one applies demeaning characteristics to entire groups of people on the basis of a single shared trait. In racial terms that mean judging someone on the basis of his or her skin color.

On the other hand, the psychological trait of stereotyping like with like is just how the brain works. It looks for patterns and similarities in people, places, and things. However, just because an apple and an orange are both fruit, doesn't mean that the orange is somehow an apple.
Spike

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Joe LaForm wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He doesn't tell it like it is. He's tells it like a bigot. I'm a straight man. No Interest in men. At all. Nothing in my life or my children's lives have ever been compromised by gay people. Ever. If you don't want gay marriage, don't marry a gay person. If gay people bother you so much, why think about them so much??? I don't like prostitutes, and you know what, I don't think about them. It's that simple. Let gay people live their lives and stop trying run everyone else's lives. You people talk about "free country" but god forbid they live differently than you. By the way. Your own bible says that you shouldn't be judging people. Hypocrites.
you're deranged and you should have your voting rights revoked permently. Dim witted butt hole surfers like you make me want to puke.
Spike

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
Stereotypes...it only means to identify based on previous knowledge. When I was child I would equate long hair to women, by todays standards I was stereotyping, or if one hears a very strong southern accent one may call that person a redneck, again stereotyping. It goes on and on. Stereotyping is only using previous information collected to form a current opinion on something. Everyone does it every day, it's not a bad thing, it is how one uses that information...not simply utilizing the information.
You're a product of the public education system aren't you dip-shyt. Well lets see....women are a minority and they make uo 52% of the population. And hispanics out number blacks by 4% and they too are a minority. White males are 41% of the population and they are "the" majority. You people are so f#%Ked up it will never be straight.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Spike wrote:
<quoted text>You're a product of the public education system aren't you dip-shyt. Well lets see....women are a minority and they make uo 52% of the population. And hispanics out number blacks by 4% and they too are a minority. White males are 41% of the population and they are "the" majority. You people are so f#%Ked up it will never be straight.
and you're a product of what education system, where 52% is the minority out of 100%? LOL
Spike

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>and you're a product of what education system, where 52% is the minority out of 100%? LOL
I only report the truth,what deranged flakes like you do with it is another topic. BTW,,,,that rainbow thing is sooootouching,,,,,i bet your mother and father are very proud.

“thoughtful liberal”

Since: Jan 11

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Spike wrote:
<quoted text>you're deranged and you should have your voting rights revoked permently. Dim witted butt hole surfers like you make me want to puke.

A conservative who believes in freedom. Lol. You're a moron.
Spike

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Joe LaForm wrote:
<quoted text>
A conservative who believes in freedom. Lol. You're a moron.
the mentally i'll were never meant to vote and you are mentally i'll

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of316
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••