Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bazooka Joe

La Puente, CA

#155409 Aug 18, 2012
I heard they were also called stove pipes?
Dude

Newark, DE

#155410 Aug 18, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be missing a person in that picture, along with your brain.
Enough of you, masquerading as an intellectual. You couldn’t even recognize how my sources were cited.
Dude

Newark, DE

#155411 Aug 18, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was against it?
I guess you are out of nonsense so you simply want to change the subject.
I was just curious as to why you're even here. Also, you're talking about abortion in a thread about gay marriage. How is that on topic?
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a cute dodge.
It's not a dodge. It's the 14th Amendment.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#155412 Aug 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Everybody getting this?
The results are only in their favor when lesbian researchers conduct studies so they're shutting down all studies done by heterosexuals.
Regenerus was a heterosexual. His study revealed homosexuals make horrible parents. He's been attacked by the LGBT community relentlessly since.
All you straight morons who support same sex marriage see how your unholy stupidity is fouling up things you never imaged?
Dear, perhaps you hadn't heard, but the journal which published the Regenerus study, after conducting an investigation of how it managed to get through the peer review process, is now saying that it shouldn't have and if it weren't for the personal bias and inattentiveness of those peers, it wouldn't have. It's not because he happens to be heterosexual, it's because his study is "bullshit" (the word used by the individual who conducted the investigation at the journal), by using a definitions of "being raised" by a "Lesbian mother" or "Gay father" that were vague to the point of being completely meaningless and making invalid comparisons based on the bogus definition. His own university is investigating Regenerus and his study over some very serious allegations of academic fraud.
Dude

Newark, DE

#155413 Aug 18, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Amendment XIX had nothing to do with Amendment XIV. Amendment XIX only gave women the right to vote.
The other poster cited sex discrimination in the 14th, and tried to act as if both sexes are unequal under the law. That hole was filled with the 19th. Both sexes are now equal under the law.
Mr O Daniel

Union City, CA

#155414 Aug 18, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go buddy! Glad I can help you out! But it would seem once again that it is you who is the idiot you silly,STUPID Felon! Even though it's OFF topic and totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with the topic of the thread,but then that's your standard SOP anyway,Mr. completely off topic felon! LOL
Heterosexuals and anal sex!
nymag.com/nightlife/mating/25988/
And.....
http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexinformation/...
I'm gonna use ya. I'm gonna run you ragged...You and me can have fun together. It doesn't have to be joyless.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#155415 Aug 18, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go buddy! Glad I can help you out! But it would seem once again that it is you who is the idiot you silly,STUPID Felon! Even though it's OFF topic and totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with the topic of the thread,but then that's your standard SOP anyway,Mr. completely off topic felon! LOL
Heterosexuals and anal sex!
nymag.com/nightlife/mating/25988/
And.....
http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexinformation/...
First of all, genius, the operative words are "at least once." Everyone knows this; and everyone knows you purposely left these words out.

Unfortunately for you, your link doesn't.

Secondly, since we're talking about heteros we're talking about woman -- not men!-- getting corn holed.

This means 100% of hetero males have NEVER been corn holed.

I mention this because you purposely leave this little detail out when you say 38% of heteros engage in anal sex -- that is, give the impression straight males are taking it up the poop shoot when they most assuredly are not.

In other words 100% of gay male REGULARLY get corn holed while 100% of hetero men have never been corn holed.

Indeed, if it's only women getting their fudge packed, what's your point about anal sex?

Also, although 38% of women have been corn holed, few do it REGULARLY -- a fact borne out by their almost non-existent HIV rate.

You're 3% of the population, fella, but 65% of all new HIV cases.

If anal sex isn't the vector, tell us what is.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#155416 Aug 18, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, perhaps you hadn't heard, but the journal which published the Regenerus study, after conducting an investigation of how it managed to get through the peer review process, is now saying that it shouldn't have and if it weren't for the personal bias and inattentiveness of those peers, it wouldn't have. It's not because he happens to be heterosexual, it's because his study is "bullshit" (the word used by the individual who conducted the investigation at the journal), by using a definitions of "being raised" by a "Lesbian mother" or "Gay father" that were vague to the point of being completely meaningless and making invalid comparisons based on the bogus definition. His own university is investigating Regenerus and his study over some very serious allegations of academic fraud.
Tricky dicky ricky, such a flamboyant gay twirler. Missed the Slate article (not), or the one that said the Regenerus study stood head and shoulders above previous 'standards'.

It's obviously not chocolate pudding you are trying to feed us.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#155417 Aug 18, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough of you, masquerading as an intellectual. You couldn’t even recognize how my sources were cited.
Never claimed the title, don't accept it.

All I do is keep a gorilla grip on reality. I can't help if it keeps making you look like a idiot, take it up with reality.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#155418 Aug 18, 2012
And yet the journal that published the "study" is now admitting that it never should have and the university that employs him (for now anyways)m is investigating him for committing academic fraud. But you have an article from "Slate".... Even that lesbian zygote that made you a hermaphrodite thinks your little twirl is embarrassing.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#155419 Aug 18, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
This means 100% of hetero males have NEVER been corn holed.
Answer: FALSE.
http://www.expressmilwaukee.com/article-9590-...
http://www.philosophy-religion.org/living/pdf...
Winston Smith

Chesapeake, VA

#155420 Aug 18, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
is this about my comment that your book is a rip-off of The Secret?
"Winston Jones took his lawnchair to the beach to push a Coney Island up his gaping maw while he gazed upon the men in their tight Speedos--and Winston took his dogs with a lot of relish.
There, Winston practiced turning his mind into a magnet."
My book? What book is that? Your posts are beginning to sound like the addled ramblings of a drug intoxicated buffoon. Carry on though.
Dude

Newark, DE

#155421 Aug 18, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Never claimed the title, don't accept it.
And yet, you were up in arms over how I didn't bring you up as a source on the matters of gender and sexual orientation.
KiMare wrote:
All I do is keep a gorilla grip on reality.
Do you drag your knuckles along the keyboard, like a gorilla, as well? It would explain a lot.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#155422 Aug 18, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
And yet the journal that published the "study" is now admitting that it never should have and the university that employs him (for now anyways)m is investigating him for committing academic fraud. But you have an article from "Slate".... Even that lesbian zygote that made you a hermaphrodite thinks your little twirl is embarrassing.
And my 'twirl' is up against all the professional organizations who validated the previous 'studies'. You know, the ones you touted as valid...

I don't expect a reprobate to be embarrassed.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#155423 Aug 18, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you were up in arms over how I didn't bring you up as a source on the matters of gender and sexual orientation.
<quoted text>
Do you drag your knuckles along the keyboard, like a gorilla, as well? It would explain a lot.
No, I just thought your response was a severe dud, dude.

There you go again, avoiding reality by making up your own.

Grin.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#155424 Aug 18, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, perhaps you hadn't heard, but the journal which published the Regenerus study, after conducting an investigation of how it managed to get through the peer review process, is now saying that it shouldn't have and if it weren't for the personal bias and inattentiveness of those peers, it wouldn't have. It's not because he happens to be heterosexual, it's because his study is "bullshit" (the word used by the individual who conducted the investigation at the journal), by using a definitions of "being raised" by a "Lesbian mother" or "Gay father" that were vague to the point of being completely meaningless and making invalid comparisons based on the bogus definition. His own university is investigating Regenerus and his study over some very serious allegations of academic fraud.
First of all the only reason the Journal Social Science Research is conducting an "audit" is because of the political pressure made to bear over the Regnerus study.

The Journal has no history of publishing studies that shouldn't be published, nor has it ever been accused of it.

So, the audit was the right thing to do.

The wrong thing to do, however, was to appoint editorial board member Darren Sherkat to conduct the audit. Sherkat is not only pro-same sex marriage, but by the look of his photo on his bio page, a gay male.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

You can't have it both ways.

You can't say the study is invalid because its author has a bias against same sex marriage then say the people conducting the audit/investigation -- who support same-sex marriage -- don't have a bias.

The bottom line is this: the LGBT community scared the Editor and Chief of the Journal into assigning a gay editor to audit and disavow the study, which he promptly did -- "It's bullshit!"

The message from all this is so loud Helen Keller would be able to hear it were she still alive --

"Produce negative research reports on homosexuals at your own peril."
Reality

Madison, WI

#155425 Aug 18, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are missing the point. The only thing the 19th addressed was voting right's.
Quesion, do bans on same sex marriage violate the 14th amendment?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155427 Aug 18, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just curious as to why you're even here. Also, you're talking about abortion in a thread about gay marriage. How is that on topic?
No, we were talking about gender equality, which you claim was created by the 14th Amendment. I'm sorry that you are having trouble keeping up with the conversation.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#155428 Aug 18, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The other poster cited sex discrimination in the 14th, and tried to act as if both sexes are unequal under the law. That hole was filled with the 19th. Both sexes are now equal under the law.
Again, since both sexes are "equal" under the law, you must agree that the biological father has as much right as the biological mother in regards to the decision to have or not have an abortion?

The only hole the 19th filled was that of voting rights.
Dude

Newark, DE

#155429 Aug 18, 2012
KiMare wrote:
No, I just thought
Took you long enough. Now, if only we can get you to do that right before you post comments.
KiMare wrote:
Grin.
Why do you grin, with all the gaps in your teeth? It looks like your tongue is in jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 2 min Pro Ukraine 2,260
California gay rights group to push for blood d... 4 min Wondering 38
Apple's Cook signals front line of new gay righ... 8 min Floyd 4
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 10 min EdmondWA 1,221
Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban 13 min medioguarddia 93
Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay' 33 min Wondering 42
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 37 min Tre H 219,535
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,352
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Wondering 3,912

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE