Savage, Brown debate same-sex marriage over dinner in Seattle

Aug 22, 2012 Full story: KATU-TV Portland 10

It is a conversation that often takes place at dinner tables across this country, but last week two of the most outspoken voices in the same-sex marriage debate literally sat down for dinner and debated the issue on the record and on-camera. At the invitation of sex advice columnist Dan Savage, the president of the National Organization for ... (more)

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Aug 22, 2012
NOM needs to be shut down, the fact that they have been allowed to manipulate voters and openly admit it in many cases is sickening. The article here was obviously written with a bias for NOM as well.
Blue Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Aug 22, 2012
The tax code needs to be abolished and left or right wing groups shut off. That's the difference between me and most of you. Wake up!
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#3 Aug 23, 2012
I wonder about these conversations because no one is budging an inch. They're the very conversations that shouldn't be taking place, except for show, I suppose? They have no point.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4 Aug 23, 2012
hi hi wrote:
I wonder about these conversations because no one is budging an inch. They're the very conversations that shouldn't be taking place, except for show, I suppose? They have no point.
Often the best way to expose bigotry is to allow it to face what it hates. These conversations help do just that. Exposing the bigotry is not for the benefit of the bigots, but to show the moderate and diplomatic people what they are enabling. It is working too, fewer youth are being as bigoted thanks to such exposure.
Marv

Pekin, IL

#5 Aug 23, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
NOM needs to be shut down, the fact that they have been allowed to manipulate voters and openly admit it in many cases is sickening. The article here was obviously written with a bias for NOM as well.
Shutting down the opposition is really your only option, since there is no rational case n favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!

No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.

The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.

No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.

Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6 Aug 23, 2012
Marv wrote:
<quoted text>Shutting down the opposition is really your only option, since there is no rational case n favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!
No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.
Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
Shutting down DAVID MOORE of PEKIN, ILLINOIS is really OUR only option.

However, he overwhelmingly rejects 'registering' or 'using' his own name as an actual practice on EVERY Topix forum, proving him to not be an oxymoron, but just a plain old run of the mill MORON.

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#7 Aug 23, 2012
Blue Lipstick wrote:
The tax code needs to be abolished and left or right wing groups shut off. That's the difference between me and most of you. Wake up!
Don't like it move to your own little island and call it isle of shit !
John E

Detroit, MI

#8 Aug 23, 2012
Marv wrote:
<quoted text> moron.
copy/paste, copy/paste into every Gay Topix comments section.

So boring, no one reads it anymore.
Strawberry Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Aug 23, 2012
Juanpaul wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't like it move to your own little island and call it isle of shit !
Well Hujuan since there are so few of you I was thinking of your own custom made reservation or island, which ever you prefer.

Hi curteese.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#11 Sep 3, 2012
Marv wrote:
<quoted text>Shutting down the opposition is really your only option, since there is no rational case n favor of homosexual 'marriage.' Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!
No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.
Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
The *average stupid American* knows this is all false. You seem to have adopted a "strategy" whereby you simply make up an alternate reality, lie about it, and hope it sticks. The very responses you get in this thread belie what you say -- instantly and irrefutably.

Your mistake is attempting to speak for others; you are powerless to do so.

But do take all of what you have said here into a court of law, because your case *would literally be kicked out of court*. There wouldn't even *be* a trial.

You realize the first thing the opposition would do is to point out that six states and a dozen countries recognize gay marriage and cite statistics for gay married couples in those localities, right?

You do not seem sane, never have, never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 5 min WeTheSheeple 1,023
3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings 7 min Belle Sexton 1
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 19
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 24 min George 1,999
Shayne Looper: Whatever happened to tolerance o... 29 min JohnInToronto 10
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 47 min homohypocrites 1,539
Transgender federal employee wins historic disc... 1 hr TerryE 1
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 1 hr Poof1 162
GOP leader: NC officials can refuse to marry gays 2 hr Quest 39
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,106

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE