Stuarts Draft Pastor on Trial in Vermont - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

A federal judge advised jurors Tuesday to remain objective as they hear evidence over the next several days in a criminal case in Vermont that touches on issues of religion and gay rights. Full Story
god-fearer

Martinsville, VA

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Apparently, the pastor is raising up a Bible.

If so, he might read that honoring parents is a 'commandment with promise'. Kidnapping a child from one or more parents appears a moral violation of that commandment.

And, he might read that Jesus - whose words should matter greatly, and particularly since the Mennonites and other Anabaptists founded their beliefs in an attempt to live out the Gospel of Jesus - said nary a word against homosexual persons. And, indeed, nary a word of any sort.

But Jesus did speak against divorce: by which we should consider that the two mothers should be supported in staying together, in order to defend against divorce.

Sadly, like Pastor Swaggart in the wh-re houses of New Orleans, yet another pastor has decided that he can practice hypocrisy without Jesus noticing.
arrogant

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Aug 8, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
Apparently, the pastor is raising up a Bible.
If so, he might read that honoring parents is a 'commandment with promise'. Kidnapping a child from one or more parents appears a moral violation of that commandment.
And, he might read that Jesus - whose words should matter greatly, and particularly since the Mennonites and other Anabaptists founded their beliefs in an attempt to live out the Gospel of Jesus - said nary a word against homosexual persons. And, indeed, nary a word of any sort.
But Jesus did speak against divorce: by which we should consider that the two mothers should be supported in staying together, in order to defend against divorce.
Sadly, like Pastor Swaggart in the wh-re houses of New Orleans, yet another pastor has decided that he can practice hypocrisy without Jesus noticing.
As a true Goldwater conservative, you make me sick.
god-fearer

Martinsville, VA

#3 Aug 8, 2012
Well, if the Bible makes you sick, please at least find a waste can for your throw up ...
arrogant

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Aug 8, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
Well, if the Bible makes you sick, please at least find a waste can for your throw up ...
No, you make me sick. Nothing is wrong with the bible alone. It is people like you who hide behind it while acting like the KKK that make me sick.

And the fact that you destroyed the Republican Party.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Aug 8, 2012
The crime of kidnapping is NEVER justified.
Dad With A Mom

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Aug 8, 2012
Well....one woman gave birth (through the help of a man) and the other woman....I assure you - had absolutely NOTHING to do with the conception, incubation or birth of the child. SHE contributed NO DNA - is NOT, in any way related to the child, she just slept next to the child's mother in bed. Yes...I am divorced - Yes...I had custody issues - but I had a legitimate claim to the children.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#7 Aug 8, 2012
Dad With A Mom wrote:
Well....one woman gave birth (through the help of a man) and the other woman....I assure you - had absolutely NOTHING to do with the conception, incubation or birth of the child. SHE contributed NO DNA - is NOT, in any way related to the child, she just slept next to the child's mother in bed. Yes...I am divorced - Yes...I had custody issues - but I had a legitimate claim to the children.
oh my god... divorce is a sin.... how dear you desicrate the sanctity of marriage... may you burn in hell for yo sin bigot
god fearer

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 8, 2012
Dad With A Mom wrote:
Well....one woman gave birth (through the help of a man) and the other woman....I assure you - had absolutely NOTHING to do with the conception, incubation or birth of the child. SHE contributed NO DNA - is NOT, in any way related to the child, she just slept next to the child's mother in bed. Yes...I am divorced - Yes...I had custody issues - but I had a legitimate claim to the children.
What a profoundly ignorant and perverse remark.

Joseph contributed NO DNA - as you say - to Jesus, yet, we honor him as Jesus' father.

And, in the field of reproductive technologies, fostering and adoption, there are many occasions of NO DNA shared between parents and children.

What an ignorant and perverse remark.
god fearer

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Aug 8, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>oh my god... divorce is a sin.... how dear you desicrate the sanctity of marriage... may you burn in hell for yo sin bigot
Jesus says nary a word about homosexuality, but clearly speaks in opposition to divorce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza chain sued over healthcare for gay couples (Aug '14) 38 min HumanSpirit 12
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr DNF 3,944
Rabidly Anti-Gay Scott Lively Defends Bill Cosb... 1 hr DNF 103
Why this obsession with what gay people do in b... (Jan '13) 1 hr DNF 154
New York City mayor marches in gay pre-St. Patr... 1 hr Jesus Latter Day ... 7
California Republicans vote to charter gay poli... 1 hr Jesus Latter Day ... 5
New York City mayor marches in gay pre-St. Patr... 1 hr Jesus Latter Day ... 4
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,434
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 2 hr Jesus Latter Day ... 79
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr NorCal Native 1,094
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr The New Righteous 1 57,840
Transgender Bruce Jenner will be lesbian after ... 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 114
More from around the web