Evolutionists can YOU answer this?

Posted in the Evolution Debate Forum

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 107 of107
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 4

Since: Apr 12

Somerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
May 9, 2012
 
Evolution Derailed wrote:
If the earth is billions of years old, why is there no recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C.? There are no recorded civilizations before 4,000 B.C. If evolution is true, then it took mankind billions of years to learn all these kindergarten lessons like not dying from a lack of Vitamin C. Ironically, mankind has only learned these lessons in the past couple hundred years. You've got to be kidding me. Don't tell me that it took mankind billions of years to learn to wash his hands to prevent disease. The earth is 6000 years old. Evolution never happened.
Who would record the history before the invention of writing?
True writing, in which the entire meaning of an utterance could be written down symbolically to be reconstructed later, evolved in about 3200 BC in Sumer; it may have evolved independently in China also. So recorded history is not possible before that..

Modern humans are supposed to have evolved between 150,000 and 200,000 years ago, not billions of years.

There is ample evidence of an old earth and evolution.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
May 9, 2012
 
>>>>Evolution Derailed
If the earth is billions of years old, why is there no recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C.?

>>>Gillette
Because writing (and paper-making/preserving) had not been fully developed before then?

The cave paintings at Lascaux in France are dated to 17,300 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lascaux

How could they have made those detailed works of art 11,000 years BEFORE your Jesus (supposedly) said "POOF!" and created the earth? LOL!

>>>>Evolution Derailed
If evolution is true, then it took mankind billions of years to learn all these kindergarten lessons like not dying from a lack of Vitamin C.

>>>Gillette
Modern human only began to evolved from earlier bi-pedal apes about 2.5 million years ago. And they had little to no scientific knowledge (i.e. about Vitamin C) for most of that time.

>>>>Evolution Derailed
Ironically, mankind has only learned these lessons in the past couple hundred years. You've got to be kidding me.

>>>Gillette
Nothing ironic about it. Sailors on long sea voyages without fruit were noticed to come down with scurvy which was cleared up when they landed and ate fruit. From, there, our knowledge of the benefits of Vit. C began.

>>>>Evolution Derailed
The earth is 6000 years old. Evolution never happened.

>>>Gillette
The only people who claim this are Christian fundamentalist nutjobs who are working an agenda.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
May 9, 2012
 
Evolution Derailed wrote:
If the earth is billions of years old, why is there no recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C.? There are no recorded civilizations before 4,000 B.C. If evolution is true, then it took mankind billions of years to learn all these kindergarten lessons like not dying from a lack of Vitamin C. Ironically, mankind has only learned these lessons in the past couple hundred years. You've got to be kidding me. Don't tell me that it took mankind billions of years to learn to wash his hands to prevent disease. The earth is 6000 years old. Evolution never happened.
Interesting. You not only still avoided addressing your mistakes or any of our posts, you still didn't apologize for lying, you moved onto something else, and rejected science in its entirety while you were at it.

Hint - the age of the Earth has nothing to do with biology, but chemistry and physics.

So uh, God still tell you it's okay to lie in Jesus' name then?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
May 9, 2012
 
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>Who would record the history before the invention of writing?
True writing, in which the entire meaning of an utterance could be written down symbolically to be reconstructed later, evolved in about 3200 BC in Sumer; it may have evolved independently in China also. So recorded history is not possible before that..
In a way there is, to a degree. The oldest cave paintings are 40,000 years old at minimum. So I guess the first human cave painters were astronauts 34,000 years before God decided to make the Earth.

Can't get much dumber than fundie YEC literalism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
May 9, 2012
 
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern humans have only been around for about 200,000 years. Not billions of years. If you're going to criticize something, it would be a good idea what it is you're criticizing.
I keep telling him...

:-/

Mighty Dollar keeps offering his 2 cents. And it ain't even worth that.
Evolution Recall

Port Washington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
May 16, 2012
 
If evolution was "real" then plant life, insect life, aquatic&#65279; life, and land mammalian life would all be on a different evolutionary development timeline, meaning that some organism somewhere on Earth would currently be in the process of undergoing some sort of drastic "macroevolutionary" transformation into a radically different form of life. Its rather funny that NO SCIENTIST has ever observed such a transformation anywhere on Earth at any point in time in the recorded history of Biology. Why is this? Because evolution is IMPOSSIBLE.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
May 16, 2012
 
Evolution Recall wrote:
If evolution was "real" then plant life, insect life, aquatic&#65279; life, and land mammalian life would all be on a different evolutionary development timeline, meaning that some organism somewhere on Earth would currently be in the process of undergoing some sort of drastic "macroevolutionary" transformation into a radically different form of life. Its rather funny that NO SCIENTIST has ever observed such a transformation anywhere on Earth at any point in time in the recorded history of Biology. Why is this? Because evolution is IMPOSSIBLE.
Sorry, but you're flawed knowledge of the theory of evolution cannot be used to disprove it. All life is evolving all of the time. The changes are all very small but they add up. There is no such thing as macroevoluiton and microevolution, there is only evolution.

Your claim that evolution is impossible is akin to saying that you cannot get to one million by adding tenths to a number. Creationist thinking 1 is not 1,000,000. 1 +.1 is not 1,000,000 even 1 +.1+.1 +.1 is not 1,000,000 there fore no matter how many .1's you add to 1 you cannot get to 1,000,000. Someone who understands the theory of evolution would disagree and point out that you need 9,999,990 tenths added to 1 to get to 1,000,000.

Small changes over time equal big changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 107 of107
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••