Bangor: Trauma of Anglesey parents whose daughter was killed by whooping cough

Jul 10, 2012 Full story: IcNorthWales

PARENTS of a baby killed by a whooping cough epidemic sweeping the UK have spoken of the trauma of losing their "little angel". The infectious disease was almost eradicated a decade ago but is now back with a vengeance - claiming the lives of five babies already this year.

Full Story
Emma

Nottingham, UK

#1 Jul 10, 2012
This is the heart breaking and tragic consequences of a disease that is easily prevented. My son was diagnosed with whooping cough during April this year following several visits to the doctors and episodes of turning blue and going limp. At the time of diagnosis his oxygen saturation levels were at just 50 during bad episodes and he was given oxygen. My son was lucky in that we caught it in time for antibiotics to be prescribed and successful in preventing any further deterioration. 10 weeks on and he is still coughing but has been recovering well. My heart goes out to these parents, no one should have to go through this.
Nikki bailey

Wrexham, UK

#2 Oct 1, 2012
We live in Wrexham. Our little one was hospitised with whooping cough at 5 weeks old the month before little Lily. She was so poorly but fortunately managed to pull through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epidemic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IMF approves $130 million for Ebola-stricken co... 3 hr L I G E R 11
Ebola in West Africa: Do we have a duty to prot... Tue Concerned citizen 1
Opinion: The Anti-Vaccination Epidemic Mon USA MMR AUTISM 4
VeteranPTSD Epidemic Calls For Action Mon GOTP 2
Anti-vaccine campaigners: Clueless Sep 28 DR THOMPSON CDC 3
Ebola: 'God is angry with Liberia' Sep 28 pseudo 2
Ebola: 'God is angry with Liberia' Sep 28 pseudo 4

Epidemic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE