Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238862 Oct 16, 2012
Hate Speech

Hate speech is, outside the law, communication that vilifies a person or a group on the basis of color, disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238863 Oct 16, 2012
Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson

Religion

Witchcraft

Beliefs in witchcraft are a two-edged sword. They give answers to unanswerable questions, and this provides comfort to the community. But they can also set people against one another and provide the basis for suspicion and even paranoia. This disruption of the community can be a heavy price to pay. Still, the price must not be too high for human groups, since witchcraft, the ugly side of magic, is found almost universally.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238864 Oct 16, 2012
Some of Europe's most prominent scientists have opened a debate with philosophers and theologians over the origins of everything.

Cern is the home of the Large Hadron Collider, the world's largest particle accelerator, situated beneath the French-Swiss border region near Geneva.

The first speaker at the conference was Andrew Pinsent, research director of the Ian Ramsey Centre for Science and Religion at Oxford University.

He said that science risked "trying to turn society into a machine" if it did not engage with religion and philosophy.

"Science in isolation is great for producing stuff, but not so good for producing ideas," he told the BBC.

"Einstein began by asking the kinds of questions that a child would ask, like what would it be like to ride on a beam of light."

That, Dr Pinsent said, was what science should return to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-198700...

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238865 Oct 16, 2012
I don't take people to court when they slur another group.

If someone tells me a supposed joke about homosexuals, I tell them that it's not funny to me, as too many homosexuals have committed suicide over put-downs. I am very up front with others who are homophobic, whether in a group in a cafe, or otherwise.

That is how people learn what is acceptable, or repulsive to others.

But if I were to laugh at the joke in the pretence that I enjoyed it, it would encourage the "joke-teller" to carry on.

Unless it's a matter of life and death, I would not report people, or take them to court ... as freedom of speech of others is essential to my own freedom of speech.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238866 Oct 16, 2012
For Bitner to claim that I throw homosexuals under the bus, after she knew that my beloved nephew who was gay recently ended his life, bespeaks of Bitner's desperation to make me appear as a homophobe.

I am anything BUT a homophobe. I have fought for gay rights for many, many years, and if my life goes as planned, will continue on the same path.

Svaha also knows that since I came on the forum years ago, I have continually fought for gay rights, but Svaha and Bitner are "friends" and friends don't let each other down ... not for honesty or any other reason.

And that is why I don't want people to think I am their buddy on a forum.

To me, forums are about debating ideas ... not about friendships.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#238867 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Hate Speech
Hate speech is, outside the law, communication that vilifies a person or a group on the basis of color, disability, ethnicity, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristic.
How typically dishonest of you to NOT include those SPECIFICS I mentioned.

"In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group."

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238868 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
Hate Speech
Oh, yes, and the fact that what YOU posted was about hate speech OUTSIDE OF THE LAW, when I was talking about hate speech LAWS.

You're a liar and a fraud. You prove it daily.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238869 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred Phelps uses the same scriptures out of the same bible as did the Christians that were charged with hate speech in court.
No difference whatsoever.
It doesn't matter what his source is. He cannot be charged with breaking the hate speech laws until he does so.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238870 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that YOU are atoned as a Wiccan to the UGLY side of nature?
You're deflecting.

Prove your claim.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238871 Oct 16, 2012
Even after Svaha joined the gang that claimed I was mentally ill ... when Zoompad contradicted Svaha, about what Zoompad had posted earlier, I took Svaha's side in the issue, because I had kept Zoompad's earlier posts to prove that Svaha was correct.

Svaha thanked me.

But I didn't do it to win favor with Svaha. I did it to keep peace with my own conscience ... period!

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238872 Oct 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
How typically dishonest of you to NOT include those SPECIFICS I mentioned.
"In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group."
What specifics that you mentioned?

I have no idea to what you are referring.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238873 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
I don't take people to court when they slur another group.
If someone tells me a supposed joke about homosexuals, I tell them that it's not funny to me, as too many homosexuals have committed suicide over put-downs. I am very up front with others who are homophobic, whether in a group in a cafe, or otherwise.
That is how people learn what is acceptable, or repulsive to others.
But if I were to laugh at the joke in the pretence that I enjoyed it, it would encourage the "joke-teller" to carry on.
Unless it's a matter of life and death, I would not report people, or take them to court ... as freedom of speech of others is essential to my own freedom of speech.
Hate speech laws are ABOUT assault and death, Dishonest One. Yet YOU said that homosexuals shouldn't win law suits regarding such speech, thereby throwing them under the bus in your desperation to be on the opposite of anything I say.

That, and the fact that you would discriminate against homosexuals based on their religion, proves you don't care about them. You USE them to further your crusade.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238874 Oct 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deflecting.
Prove your claim.
I asked YOU the question, as you are a Wiccan.

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238875 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
For Bitner to claim that I throw homosexuals under the bus, after she knew that my beloved nephew who was gay recently ended his life, bespeaks of Bitner's desperation to make me appear as a homophobe.
I am anything BUT a homophobe. I have fought for gay rights for many, many years, and if my life goes as planned, will continue on the same path.
Svaha also knows that since I came on the forum years ago, I have continually fought for gay rights, but Svaha and Bitner are "friends" and friends don't let each other down ... not for honesty or any other reason.
And that is why I don't want people to think I am their buddy on a forum.
To me, forums are about debating ideas ... not about friendships.
I never said you're a homophobe. I said you threw them under the bus, and you did. You USED them, and dismissed their very real persecution under hate speech laws. You ALSO have admitted that you would discriminate against them on religious grounds.

To YOU, this forum is about furthering your crusade. And you will take ANY position to do.

And YOU are the one who is constantly whining about friendships. So, you've lied again.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238876 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What specifics that you mentioned?
I have no idea to what you are referring.
The ones I posted, from YOU source, that were actually about hate speech WITHIN the law. Because that's what I've been talking about, the hate speech LAWS.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#238877 Oct 16, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked YOU the question, as you are a Wiccan.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know you did. I ignored it as it was nothing but a deflection.

Now PROVE your claim.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238878 Oct 16, 2012
If modern Pagans "are" atoned and at peace with the ugly side of nature, that would mean they are a weird bunch in thought and in deed.

"Gee it's fun watching those lions chewing that water buffalo to death."

"Yeah ... but did you hear how many people died and lost their homes in that tsunami?"

"Well yes I did, and imagine how many of them will die from disease. Isn't this fascinating stuff?"

"Yes indeed ... but do you think it's time now to go and worship the goddess?"

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238879 Oct 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you're a homophobe. I said you threw them under the bus, and you did. You USED them, and dismissed their very real persecution under hate speech laws. You ALSO have admitted that you would discriminate against them on religious grounds.
To YOU, this forum is about furthering your crusade. And you will take ANY position to do.
And YOU are the one who is constantly whining about friendships. So, you've lied again.
Bitner is one "determined" witch!

:)

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238880 Oct 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones I posted, from YOU source, that were actually about hate speech WITHIN the law. Because that's what I've been talking about, the hate speech LAWS.
I still don't know what you are on about.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#238881 Oct 16, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you're a homophobe.
No you didn't use that specific word.

But then, you also don't believe that the word Wicca means "wise," or that returning to the divine means the same as paradise did to Gardner.

You're adept at using words that suit you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ChickBrilliance 308,034
Democratic US Rep. Ryan says he now supports ab... 7 hr spud 16
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 12 hr Brian_G 5,543
Obama-bashing ads by abortion foe Randall Terry... (Jun '11) 21 hr kadamson 91
GOP border bill faces internal criticism Jan 26 spud 2
Planned Parenthood Has Abortion Quotas, Says Fo... (Jul '14) Jan 25 kaylayossi 6
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... Jan 25 kaylayossi 32
More from around the web