Bill says no abortion if there's a heartbeat | The Columbus Dispatch

A pregnant Erin Glockner of Pataskala is given an ultrasound by Julie Aber of Ashland Care Center during a House Health Committee hearing at the Statehouse. Full Story
First Prev
of 288
Next Last
Real Patriot

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 3, 2011
Beware the big government Republicans.

Judged:

37

23

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Conservatives Lie

Powell, OH

#2 Mar 3, 2011
Ohio has turned into the Deep South, Bible-thumping, teacher-hating, ignorant, bigoted hicks who will flounder at the bottom of the barrel for decades...as long as they keep electing Faux Snooze parrots into leadership positions.

Judged:

51

35

28

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MOM

Marysville, OH

#3 Mar 3, 2011
"But she and others say that such a law would be ruled unconstitutional because it would create an undue burden on the mother." I may get bashed for this but.....oh well. A child is not an undue burden. The child did not ask to be born. Instead of aborting why not give the baby up for adoption? There are so many couples who would love to have children but are unable to. Then you have couples who are able to who don't want them and abort them because of the "burden". There is the rape issue as well. I understand that rape is horrible (have gone through it myself) and some women do get pregnant. But why should a baby suffer for someone else's mistake? I thank GOD every day for my wonderful blessing!

Judged:

49

42

33

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 11

Liverpool, UK

#4 Mar 3, 2011
"Faith2Action, an anti-abortion group, chose Ohio to introduce the legislation."

So why, exactly, are we being subjected to laws proposed by special interest groups? We elect LEGISLATURES to write laws, NOT churches.

Judged:

35

21

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Conservatives Lie

Powell, OH

#5 Mar 3, 2011
Your God is not a legitimate reason for you to Lord over others in YOUR opinions. Abortion is a choice for the individual...not YOU and certainly not YOUR God, your Pastor, Your congressman or your activist right-wing judge.

Judged:

49

32

20

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
casino magnet

Hilliard, OH

#7 Mar 3, 2011
Conservatives Lie wrote:
Your God is not a legitimate reason for you to Lord over others in YOUR opinions. Abortion is a choice for the individual...not YOU and certainly not YOUR God, your Pastor, Your congressman or your activist right-wing judge.
excellent

Judged:

28

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ugh

Cleveland, OH

#8 Mar 3, 2011
Would never stand up against court challenge.
wary of preaching

West Salem, OH

#9 Mar 3, 2011
I am wary of others who warn and accuse others of being "preached to" or "buying the ideology" when they themselves have totally bought the rhetoric package without looking at any single fact. Or a single beating heart in utero, or a single aborted baby. I think we have all watched enough history channel to note that it was easy to buy into the rhetoric that "some" should not be allowed the chance of life, but this rhetoric was absolutely of no value when neighboring towns were forced to actually walk through and experience the death camps.
again and again

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Mar 3, 2011
This has been to the US Supreme Court. YOU LOST! Quit wasting tax dollars on do-overs!!

How about the legislators make a serious effort to resolve the $8 BILLION deficit instead? I am sick of these distractions and sideshows.

Judged:

43

33

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11 Mar 3, 2011
From the article; "The fetal heartbeat can serve as a medical predictor that the unborn baby will reach viability and live birth."

That is an absolutely untrue statement.

Judged:

40

15

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
brat

Pickerington, OH

#12 Mar 3, 2011
this is not a legislative issue, it is a personal freedom.
i don't see all you white conservatives lined up pre approved to adopt these unwanted children. until that time, you are hypocrites with no right to say or enact a thing.

Judged:

36

20

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VioletTwpViolet

Columbus, OH

#13 Mar 3, 2011
MOM wrote:
"But she and others say that such a law would be ruled unconstitutional because it would create an undue burden on the mother." I may get bashed for this but.....oh well. A child is not an undue burden. The child did not ask to be born. Instead of aborting why not give the baby up for adoption? There are so many couples who would love to have children but are unable to. Then you have couples who are able to who don't want them and abort them because of the "burden". There is the rape issue as well. I understand that rape is horrible (have gone through it myself) and some women do get pregnant. But why should a baby suffer for someone else's mistake? I thank GOD every day for my wonderful blessing!
Okay, adoption...yeah...like you white right-wing nutjobs will adopt a black or biracial child in a heartbeat. So why are thousands of those kids languishing in the foster care system? Because you are also a bunch of bigots who talk a good talk, but can't walk like Jesus to save your lives.

These bills also want to make it so a woman can't have an abortion if her life is on the line. My late friend, April had to abort in her second term because she had advanced Brac II breast cancer and needed chemo immediately. The chemo would have killed or damaged the fetus beyond a quality life. Heartbreaking, but having the abortion and getting chemo right away gave my friend 12 additional years where she could see her living child grow up and give birth to her granchild. But you don't want to talk about that issue, do you? It's no abortion under any circumstances.

By the way, I AM a rape survivor and you don't just casually throw that out as a red badge of courage, MOM. Me thinks your story reeks.

Judged:

42

33

29

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cartman

Marysville, OH

#14 Mar 3, 2011
This lunacy will result in a number of things and none of them good for the state of Ohio (but good for the GnOP lunatic base).

It will create more derisiveness is a state already divided;

It will eventually be declared unconstitutional and put our state right in their with North Dakota as being the home of the wackos;

It will cost the state of Ohio millions of dollars in legal fees as it progresses through the courts;

I was under the impression from the GnOPeer campaign propaganda that the threat to our state was lack of jobs and money? I guess not.

Judged:

23

15

4

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Taxpayer

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 3, 2011
Conservatives Lie wrote:
Your God is not a legitimate reason for you to Lord over others in YOUR opinions. Abortion is a choice for the individual...not YOU and certainly not YOUR God, your Pastor, Your congressman or your activist right-wing judge.
Kinda funny. Kind of Sad. God is God. Not mine, not yours, everyones. Even those who choose not recognize him. Hummm. Is it my earth your earth or my air or your air??? No. It is/ It just is.

Judged:

21

21

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tim

Columbus, OH

#16 Mar 3, 2011
Looks like the Republicans LOVE "grandstanding" via "stunts.

This bill is yet ANOTHER attempt by Republicans to control people's personal choices and impose THEIR moral choices onto others.....

Judged:

30

21

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
la de da

Columbus, OH

#17 Mar 3, 2011
MOM wrote:
"But she and others say that such a law would be ruled unconstitutional because it would create an undue burden on the mother." I may get bashed for this but.....oh well. A child is not an undue burden. The child did not ask to be born. Instead of aborting why not give the baby up for adoption? There are so many couples who would love to have children but are unable to. Then you have couples who are able to who don't want them and abort them because of the "burden". There is the rape issue as well. I understand that rape is horrible (have gone through it myself) and some women do get pregnant. But why should a baby suffer for someone else's mistake? I thank GOD every day for my wonderful blessing!
There are so many things wrong with this comment. But namely, you call women who get raped and then end up pregnant "someone else's mistake." I can't determine if you're victim blaming or saying a rapist made a mistake. Either way, totally offense.

Abortion is a woman's choice. The baby at the time you can have abortions aren't able to live on their own at the time. It saves tax paying dollars in many ways, etc., etc.

Judged:

19

18

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
la de da

Columbus, OH

#18 Mar 3, 2011
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda funny. Kind of Sad. God is God. Not mine, not yours, everyones. Even those who choose not recognize him. Hummm. Is it my earth your earth or my air or your air??? No. It is/ It just is.
This comment makes no sense to an atheist. your point is moot.

Judged:

18

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tim

Columbus, OH

#19 Mar 3, 2011
MOM wrote:
"But she and others say that such a law would be ruled unconstitutional because it would create an undue burden on the mother." I may get bashed for this but.....oh well. A child is not an undue burden. The child did not ask to be born. Instead of aborting why not give the baby up for adoption? There are so many couples who would love to have children but are unable to. Then you have couples who are able to who don't want them and abort them because of the "burden". There is the rape issue as well. I understand that rape is horrible (have gone through it myself) and some women do get pregnant. But why should a baby suffer for someone else's mistake? I thank GOD every day for my wonderful blessing!
So "MOM" please tell us just how many unwanted babies YOU have chosen to adopt? If you REALLY cared, you would be adopting MANY. Also, please tell us just how much YOU want YOUR taxes to increase to pay for the babies of young rape victims who first were forced as victims to do something against their will, and who with this legislation would be legally forced to do an ADDITIONAL thing against their will, also while compromising their health and possibly risking their lives for 9 months. How about we tell YOU what to do with YOUR body for 9 months??

Judged:

31

21

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
paul

Coshocton, OH

#20 Mar 3, 2011
So lets just force any one who is pregnant with an unwanted baby to deliver more welfare line kids for the whole state to raise. Their goes an unwanted addition to our budget deficit.

Judged:

25

15

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
wgwII

Newark, OH

#21 Mar 3, 2011
Keep choice!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 288
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Studies Show Voters Can Be Swayed on Gay Marria... 40 min Lover Boy 26
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 307,010
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) 7 hr cpeter1313 5,516
The resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, Spir... Sat pcloadletter 62
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Dec 20 feces for jesus 219,634
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... Dec 20 Lawrence 13
Woman Conceived in Rape Condemns Obamacare's Ra... Dec 20 feces for jesus 31
More from around the web