Kansas AG pays $644K to defend state abortion laws

Jun 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

The Kansas attorney general's office paid outside lawyers more than $644,000 to defend anti-abortion laws enacted last year.The office says it paid more than $328,000 as of Friday to Foulston Siefken, a Wichita firm helping defend a budget provision denying federal dollars for non-abortion services to Planned Parenthood.Planned Parenthood has filed ... (more)

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2012
Mark

Shawnee, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

This is a bunch of crap when the KS AG pays out $644,000 to defend anti-abortion laws. I am agaist abortion, except in the event of rape. Any woman who gets an abortion should have ovaraies removed so she can't have kids--ever. Guys who don't care, become ED for life. Abortion issue is resolved. Abortion is nothing but murder. Especially in the last months! These "doctors" should have thier medical license revoked!

Take the money the AG is now using on abortion & use it for something the Kansas People need. Jobs! Generate new ideas to make more jobs. Help the farmers, help the homeless. In short, spend the money to generate jobs for the KS people. If you generate more jobs, that would equal more revenue for state.

Just think ---- If your mom had an abortion --- you would not be able to read this now.
for it

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

If your mom had one, I would not have read these stupid comments.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Mark wrote:
This is a bunch of crap when the KS AG pays out $644,000 to defend anti-abortion laws. I am agaist abortion, except in the event of rape. Any woman who gets an abortion should have ovaraies removed so she can't have kids--ever. Guys who don't care, become ED for life. Abortion issue is resolved. Abortion is nothing but murder. Especially in the last months! These "doctors" should have thier medical license revoked!
Take the money the AG is now using on abortion & use it for something the Kansas People need. Jobs! Generate new ideas to make more jobs. Help the farmers, help the homeless. In short, spend the money to generate jobs for the KS people. If you generate more jobs, that would equal more revenue for state.
Just think ---- If your mom had an abortion --- you would not be able to read this now.
My mother couldn't have had a legal abortion if she wanted. I pre-date Roe v. Wade. But, if she had been able to abort me, and I had the chance to do so, I WOULD HAVE THANKED HER PROFUSELY!!

Just the thought of not having to idiot who so vehemently try to take my wife and my daughters' right to do with their bodies as they wish, would have been an AWESOME reason to not exist.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

not having do deal with idiots..I should have proof read!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Mark wrote:
BTW, Mark, in my religion (Judaism), an abortion is MANDATORY if the life of the mother is threatened by the pregnancy. So, by stating you agree with abortion in the case of rape and being silent about in the case of life threat to the mother, you're saying that neither my wife, nor my daughters, nor me can practice our religion freely. And that denies our right according to the 1st Amendment.

Let's see what rights I can deny you..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abortion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min Big Sky 305,434
Pro-life groups press vulnerable Senate Democra... 5 hr Cordwainer Trout 11
9 reasons abortion MUST remain legal. (Sep '07) Tue Life 1,326
California: Insurers must cover elective abortions Tue Here Is One 3
Chicks Are Easy Aug 25 Cheap footwear 2
Obama-bashing ads by abortion foe Randall Terry... (Jun '11) Aug 25 kadamson 75
Activist: "Abortion Threatens Black America's F... (Sep '12) Aug 24 Suebi212 5,300
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Abortion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••