Mitt Romney goes bold (and risky) with Paul Ryan vice presidential pick

Aug 11, 2012 Full story: Washington Post 2,267

The news that Mitt Romney is expected to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee today in Norfolk, Virginia amounts to a decidedly bold stroke for the typical risk-averse GOP presidential candidate, a pick that will almost certainly turn the race into a choice between two competing - and strikingly contrasting - visions for ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#475 Aug 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
It's hard to believe there are people ignorant enough to vote for Obama. I can understand the lazy idiots that sit on the porch all day living off their government check voting for him but a real working American would be an idiot to vote for him.
Yes, Tricky Mitt Romney and his horrendously evil wife are leeches on the USA. They are trying desperately to make their leeching even worse.

"More crucially, it is hard to imagine a running mate who will draw more attention to the matter of Romney's taxes than Paul Ryan. Why? Because under the "Ryan plan" that made the congressman famous, Mitt Romney would pay zero taxes." TNR

Only the truly evil and truly stupid would vote for any Republiscum, ever. No Republiscum is a decent human being or useful member of any society.

All Republiscums are cheapskates who refuse to pay their own bills and want the rest of us to support them. They are the dregs of society.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#476 Aug 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment rates are based on those that receive benefits. You can only receive them for so long so it appears the rate is going down. Obama likes to mention job creations but he doesn't mention those lost. He has added millions to welfare. 4 more years I guess he can really inflate that deficit. I am not as naive as most on here. When Obama goes out the nation will start to recover.
more worthless opinion

Location hidden

#477 Aug 11, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? You Republican RINOs are whining about President Obama's debt YET you STILL haven't paid down the trillions in Bush's GOP debt??????
PAY YOUR OWN DEBT before you go casting stones at other people's. Let those who voted President Obama worry about his debt. You take care of you own glass house first.
Paul Ayn Rand Ryan wants to add $5 TRILLION to the deficit so he and his family can pay zero taxes and even get tax credits. Ditto the Romney scumbags.

Romney/Ryan want the 99.9% to pay for their health care, their debt to the commons, their salaries and their room and board while they destroy Medicare and give Social Security to their buddies on Wall Street who should be in prison.

Romney/Ryan the personification of pure evil.

Location hidden

#478 Aug 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God some of them have gotten blocked or we would be a lot worse off. Not long ago his budget got blocked. His own party voted against him. That should tell you something there. It proves he is an idiot. The man has never had a real job so we shouldn't really expect much out of him anyway. I love it when he speaks without the teleprompter. It really proves what an idiot he is.
I can see the RACIST Hate spewing from every word u say !
pogue mahone

Bluffton, SC

#479 Aug 12, 2012
The prospect of Joe Biden's hair plugs falling out during a VP debate is an early Christmas present.

Since: Aug 12

Bellingham, WA

#480 Aug 12, 2012
Do not worry Joe..won't date him
http://sierraworldequityreview.blogspot.com/
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#482 Aug 12, 2012
Anyone interested in knowing how brilliant and sound the man Paul Ryan is... watch this Charlie Rose interview... twice.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/194102
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#483 Aug 12, 2012
Crazytempest wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame the Republican congress blocking all his bills ! Boo Ya !!
==========

How goes the dancing lately?
Are you still dancing at such place?
Hijinx Romney

Cincinnati, OH

#484 Aug 12, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. But only if you ship those tax savings overseas into trust funds for your children and grandchildren to guarantee their future. Don't reinvest in the American people and working middle class...no..no..don't object. I insist.
What kind of President would I be if I didn’t move money offshore to enhance our personal wealth? We understand that America’s middle class will stop living high on the hog when we impose our austerity program. We’re severe conservatives, not whiners.

Smile, point and wink.

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

#485 Aug 12, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Dear Mr. President:
Do I have to debate him? Can we make other arrangments, please!
Thanks, Joe Biden
Joe Biden is far more experienced than this young white man but the news flash for you is it will be Hillary Clinton doing the debating because that has been the plan all along to make news at the Democratic convention when she is placed on the ticket.

Obama would have won anyway. Electoral College says so.

Why Romney picked this person no one knows. It was the worst choice he could have made. Someone from FL or NY would have been key and a female would have been best.

The Electoral College post this selection shows Obama a landslide win with Biden not counting what most of us know is coming with Hillary on the ticket.

You cannot beat a President when the economy is better off than four years ago, has caught Bin Ladin, protected the homeland, ended the war in Iraq and did as promised and brought forth Universal Health care. He has done all the things he said he would do and was voted and put into office to do. You will have to live another four years with Obama as your President so deal with it, get over it and stop obsessing. Liberals had to do it eight years too.

Condi Rice would have been prime as VP but she is going to run in 2016 as President and not only win two terms but take back the Senate in her first term!

Here is how this year turns out. Obama wins as anyone not being biased knows. Democrats either hold the Senate or there is a tie and the VP aka Hillary breaks the tie. Republicans keep the House of Reps so not much is really going to change other than a new VP.

In January 2017, Republicans get a huge win with Condi and two Houses Republicans and she is a two term President too so just hang in there. Things always balance out to center. This is not the year of the Republican.

As an Independent, I will not vote for a President this year but I will vote for Condi in 2016. I like her a lot. She is smart and a moderate Republican not some right wing Mormon. No religious are allowed to vote for a Mormon so forget the Baptist and other votes. They will SIT this one out. The US is not ready for a Mormon cult member and may not ever be. Romney should have changed religions to run for office.

Syracuse, NY

#486 Aug 12, 2012
Tried of figuring out which poll is right? Tired of right wing or left wing biases?

Here is the one you watch. 270 needed to win and 300 for a landslide updated daily and in the last 100 years, the Electoral College called the race in April of that year. This past April it called it for Obama so this is the poll to watch and you need no other so bookmark it if you love politics.

http://electoral-vote.com/
yesterdays News

Ravenna, OH

#487 Aug 12, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR!!!Why not get off those FOX "bath salts?" You are a crazy fool.
Google it

“Ruler of Topix Australia .. ”

Since: Feb 12

the Holy City

#488 Aug 12, 2012
Awesome pick

Ryan will be the perfect Liuetenant

Hes smart as hell, but NOT aloof like Mitt can be

Hes still a small town guy and not the corporate fella like Mitt

He can resonate with the everyday American folks

PLUS he can take the fight to Obama and the disgraceful US media.. he wont be a wilting flower

Not to mention WIsconsin is a lock now
liza

Fairmont, WV

#490 Aug 12, 2012
Wouldn't it be wonderful IF they could get a fair
shake like all the dems gave Obama? Fairness in
this day and time is a thing of the past. I would
think with the mess you caused by not knowing
ANYTHING about you choice of Obama, you would
at least give these men a decent time to get a
chance TO SPEAK. I finally know what hate is!!
When the people of our country is so full of hate
and care NOTHING about others and our country.
Its all about your party and trash, you choose what
you have become.. Makes me think, you beat animals
too. No one gets a chance but Obama, you have
chosen well????

Syracuse, NY

#491 Aug 12, 2012
voices of reason wrote:
Awesome pick
Ryan will be the perfect Liuetenant
Hes smart as hell, but NOT aloof like Mitt can be
Hes still a small town guy and not the corporate fella like Mitt
He can resonate with the everyday American folks
PLUS he can take the fight to Obama and the disgraceful US media.. he wont be a wilting flower
Not to mention WIsconsin is a lock now
Don't you think Romney would have done better picking someone from FL or NY and a female? Hillary is likely going to be the one this guy debates yet Biden is extremely experienced. I'm not Democrat or Republican and do not believe Romney to be dumb but I honestly think he made a big mistake because this man is from WI, a State not important this Election.

Keep in mind, minorities combine are the majority and they will not like this guy and they are registered to vote so what was going through the mind of Romney?

Maybe I am missing something here and if so, let me know why Ryan is such a great choice over someone from FL or NY or a smart female.

the Holy City

#493 Aug 12, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think Romney would have done better picking someone from FL or NY and a female? Hillary is likely going to be the one this guy debates yet Biden is extremely experienced. I'm not Democrat or Republican and do not believe Romney to be dumb but I honestly think he made a big mistake because this man is from WI, a State not important this Election.
Keep in mind, minorities combine are the majority and they will not like this guy and they are registered to vote so what was going through the mind of Romney?
Maybe I am missing something here and if so, let me know why Ryan is such a great choice over someone from FL or NY or a smart female.
Picking someone from NY ?

No as that is one of the bluest states... Repubs are 20 points off they'll never get NY..

Florida - Yes, but ONLY if that person was qualified

Rubio seems ok, but hes a rookie and not enough on his Bio yet...

Ryan is seasoned but not tarnished, hes affable but not goofy like Biden

Hes a thinking man but not a nerd... Hes the right one for Mitt

the Holy City

#494 Aug 12, 2012
BlondePrince wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are missing a few screws thats for sure

Im not sure why you think picking somebody from NY would help mitt - he was NEVER going to win NY, no repub will !

Wisconsin is an IMPORTANT swing state

And its NOT about Gender or race - if it was the smartest pick would have been a FEMALE LATIN, not a WHITE MALE

He chose the right guy for him, not the right one for the idiots voting for someone based on race or gender

So youre admitting Obama only got votes because he was a black guy ? cos I do think that was the case
Truth

Rome, GA

#495 Aug 12, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but it's the truth. Moving from a 10% unemployment rate to an 8.3% rate vs a 25% experienced during the Great Depression is not moving us closer to one. Only any idiot doesn't know math.

8.3% < 10% < 25%

You are a little out of touch not only with current events, but apparently history as well.
There is more math to do. You are an idiot like most Obama supporters. How do you sleep knowing you are helping destroy America?
Truth

Rome, GA

#496 Aug 12, 2012
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>just your opinion
Fact.
Truth

Rome, GA

#497 Aug 12, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Tricky Mitt Romney and his horrendously evil wife are leeches on the USA. They are trying desperately to make their leeching even worse.

"More crucially, it is hard to imagine a running mate who will draw more attention to the matter of Romney's taxes than Paul Ryan. Why? Because under the "Ryan plan" that made the congressman famous, Mitt Romney would pay zero taxes." TNR

Only the truly evil and truly stupid would vote for any Republiscum, ever. No Republiscum is a decent human being or useful member of any society.

All Republiscums are cheapskates who refuse to pay their own bills and want the rest of us to support them. They are the dregs of society.
Wow what an ignorant person you are. You sound like one of those that sit on the porch waiting for that check. You don't have a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TSM 1,124,867
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 30 min Foster 18
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Uncle Tab 158,655
Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, som... 43 min Le Jimbo 21
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr gcaveman1 32,968
Barack Obama's stunning rejection: (Former) sup... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 3
Why are so many Republican governors flailing? 2 hr Slam Session 1

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE