Atheists on the march in America

There are 20 comments on the Aug 26, 2009, TurkishPress.com story titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#63841 Aug 18, 2012
John wrote:
Okay now roll over and play dead Lmao.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe.
You seem to like losing arguments in weekly doses.

I guess see you next week with nothing to show for your claimed "something"?

It's ok, we've only been waiting since the dawn of time for proof of a "something" No pressure, take your time.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#63842 Aug 18, 2012
wolverine wrote:
John....Its A Dead Thread Without You....Let It Die
Oh, I probably should but as long as these loons keep bringing the nothing I will point and laugh. It's their decision.

Skeptic let's debate. Since nothing is evidence in this arena to you let's just make a case for an accountable position of our own. I contend there is more evidence of a higher power being responsible for the beginning of the universe. How about you?

Yeah, this is about when your stutter acts up. Het your illogical nothing off topic. You clowns embarass yourself.

Location hidden

#63843 Aug 18, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I probably should but as long as these loons keep bringing the nothing I will point and laugh. It's their decision.
Skeptic let's debate. Since nothing is evidence in this arena to you let's just make a case for an accountable position of our own. I contend there is more evidence of a higher power being responsible for the beginning of the universe. How about you?
Yeah, this is about when your stutter acts up. Het your illogical nothing off topic. You clowns embarass yourself.
A debate involves two positions that are equal.

I'm stating a fact that your god is bullsh*t. It's not a debate its a fact.

If you care to provide any facts for your assumed "something" you are very welcome to do so.

However as we know, you are more interested in coming back here every week and having your a$$ kicked for not presenting any facts to support your infantile belief system.

Location hidden

#63844 Aug 18, 2012
You claim that atheists stutter, when its you who tucks his tail between his legs and runs away every week after a logical slaughtering, returning for yet more embarrassment at the hands of atheists factors smarter than yourself week after week.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#63845 Aug 18, 2012
Translation- Skeptic can't even posit a position that meets his criteria for evidence so he flees a debate that requires accountability. I don't debate nothing loon. Nothing is not brilliant. Nothing cannot be correct. Nothing is illogical.

I blame you for the hypocrisy and bigotry not uncertainty. Most people realize the rational, evidence backed position is a prime mover. This is an atheism forum. I simply asked what you quacks believed and you went as crazy as an Obama voter looking at the facts of his failed administration.

Location hidden

#63847 Aug 19, 2012
The only one stumped here is you John, it's why you keep asking the same stupid question.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#63848 Aug 19, 2012
Nothing is not a stumper Skeptic. Move on. Your hypocrsiy and bigotry have been exposed.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#63849 Aug 19, 2012
Do you believe in reality yes or no?

Without a yes or no I shall of course continue to claim victory on stumping you.

Stump a Theist ask them a simple question!
John wrote:
Nothing is not a stumper Skeptic. Move on. Your hypocrsiy and bigotry have been exposed.

John

Saint Louis, MO

#63850 Aug 19, 2012
Another day of ineptitude from the antitheists.*Note to lurkers* They have gone almost three years without giving one accountable position they are willing to debate. Three years without an example of evidence that meets their criteria for evidence. These are angry agenda driven folks that don't give a damn about the evidence.
If you want to subject yourself to this farce by all means see for yourself. Antitheists you could also just cut and paste one of the 61,320 posts to show otherwise.
Stump an antitheist! Ask them what they believe. True science that is repeatable and observable.
John

Saint Louis, MO

#63851 Aug 19, 2012
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle thought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence DREW, Curious, Mikey,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 61,320 plus posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#63852 Aug 19, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Do you believe in reality yes or no?
Without a yes or no I shall of course continue to claim victory on stumping you.
Stump a Theist ask them a simple question!
<quoted text>
"Believe" in reality?? Reality demonstrates that something out of nothing is manifestly impossible. Once science can show how this supposedly occurred, all possibilities are on the table.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#63853 Aug 19, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Believe" in reality?? Reality demonstrates that something out of nothing is manifestly impossible. Once science can show how this supposedly occurred, all possibilities are on the table.
You need to catch up. Scientifically there is never a point in which there is "nothing."

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#63854 Aug 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to catch up. Scientifically there is never a point in which there is "nothing."
Really? What then does the "Big Bang Theory" address?

"According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics."

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#63855 Aug 19, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You think reality demonstrates that some invisible supernatural sky magician **poofed** it all into existence. Where's YOUR proof?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#63856 Aug 19, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What then does the "Big Bang Theory" address?
"According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics."
You do not know much about where the expanding universe theory originated, it came about because they discovered the universe is expanding. Stars form from primeval gases condensing. Planets form from material left over from dead stars. All this points to specific elements in the expanding universe. Based on the calculations of the expansion there was a point in which everything was a small mass of something. That small mass of something is what they call the singularity. So all evidence points to there being a singularity at the beginning of the universe.

Next question which you have not thought out or studied well, please, these easy ones are kind of fun.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#63857 Aug 19, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
You think reality demonstrates that some invisible supernatural sky magician **poofed** it all into existence. Where's YOUR proof?
There lies the dichotomy. In the final analysis, both trains of thought are based on belief.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#63858 Aug 19, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
There lies the dichotomy. In the final analysis, both trains of thought are based on belief.
No, atheism is not a belief it is a lack of belief. Unless you are referring to science in which case it's a demonstrable belief, meaning it works for everyone. You god is not demonstrable and works differently for everyone, therefore it is an irrational belief.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#63859 Aug 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know much about where the expanding universe theory originated, it came about because they discovered the universe is expanding. Stars form from primeval gases condensing. Planets form from material left over from dead stars. All this points to specific elements in the expanding universe. Based on the calculations of the expansion there was a point in which everything was a small mass of something. That small mass of something is what they call the singularity. So all evidence points to there being a singularity at the beginning of the universe.
Next question which you have not thought out or studied well, please, these easy ones are kind of fun.
You know, smugness is a sign of conceit, and believe me, you have no reason to be conceited.
To this point in time, it's ALL theoretical.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#63860 Aug 19, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.

One (the scientifically based one) has some evidence to based a hypothesis on, methods for testing these various hypotheses, and the ability to be falsified.

The other is nothing more than made up nonsense based on wishful thinking and an egocentric desire for immortality.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#63861 Aug 19, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
One (the scientifically based one) has some evidence to based a hypothesis on, methods for testing these various hypotheses, and the ability to be falsified.
The other is nothing more than made up nonsense based on wishful thinking and an egocentric desire for immortality.
As you perpetually aggressive and caustic atheists love to spout, show me the proof. You believe the proof is out there, circumstantially, but not tangibly. Your faith is no different than a Christian's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min TSM 1,220,268
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min FastandFurious 187,323
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min brad 179,204
News Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 248
News Reid Allies See Immigration Fight Helping Re-El... 5 hr Local 51
News Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) 13 hr hornback12 1,219
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 20 hr Fair Game 34,194
More from around the web