The Audacity of Obama's Secularism

Feb 7, 2012 Full story: The American Spectator 1,192

The secularists of the French Revolution regarded the Roman Catholic Church as the last obstacle to atheism's final triumph.

Full Story
First Prev
of 60
Next Last
Epicurus

Clermont, FL

#1 Feb 7, 2012
Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)

Ministers wonder how I can be wicked enough to attack the Bible.

I will tell them:

This book, the Bible, has persecuted, even unto death, the wisest and the best.

This book stayed and stopped the onward movement of the human race. This book poisoned the fountains of learning and misdirected the energies of man.

This book is the enemy of freedom, the support of slavery.

This book sowed the seeds of hatred in families and nations, fed the flames of war, and impoverished the world.

This book is the breastwork of kings and tyrants -- the enslaver of women and children.

This book has corrupted parliaments and courts.

This book has made colleges and universities the teachers of error and the haters of science.

This book has filled Christendom with hateful, cruel, ignorant and warring sects.

This book taught men to kill their fellows for religion's sake.

This book funded the Inquisition, invented the instruments of torture, built the dungeons in which the good and loving languished, forged the chains that rusted in their flesh, erected the scaffolds whereon they died.

This book piled fagots about the feet of the just.

This book drove reason from the minds of millions and filled the asylums with the insane.

This book has caused fathers and mothers to shed the blood of their babes.

This book was the auction block on which the slave-mother stood when she was sold from her child.

This book filled the sails of the slave-trader and made merchandise of human flesh.

This book lighted the fires that burned "witches" and "wizards."

This book filled the darkness with ghouls and ghosts, and the bodies of men and women with devils.

This book polluted the souls of men with the infamous dogma of eternal pain.

This book made credulity the greatest of virtues, and investigation the greatest of crimes.

This book filled nations with hermits, monks and nuns -- with the pious and the useless.

This book placed the ignorant and unclean saint above the philosopher and philanthropist.

This book taught man to despise the joys of this life, that he might be happy in another -- to waste this world for the sake of the next.

I attack this book because it is the enemy of human liberty -- the greatest obstruction across the highway of human progress.

Let me ask the ministers one question:

How can you be wicked enough to defend this book?
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#2 Feb 7, 2012
If man had not perverted Elohim and Yeshua's instructions, none of these horrors would have happened. The problem is man, not the Bible. Start with the 10 Commandments. But NO. Man prefers "freedom of religion," ie freedom to twist Scripture to his liking or ignore it completely and think himself wise, and freedom to condemn anyone who disagrees. Today we think homosexual and atheist philosophers to be morally and intellectually superior to any who wish to be humble in the sight of the Creator.

Romans 1:28

"And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

There used to be a righteousness in America, in spite of it's religious ignorance, that is gone. It has been replaced with a series of Presidents, jurists and representatives of no moral value or character and who belong to the "if it's legal, I'll do it club." As to Mr Obama being raised a Muslim and traveling the world on an Indonesian passport, people are so dumbed down, the only thing they can think about is sports and Walmart. They are incapable of connecting the dots.

http://www.paleotimes.org/
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#3 Feb 7, 2012
i can't figure out what Hussein's " secular audacity" has to do with perversion of Scripture.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#4 Feb 7, 2012
He was raised a Muslim
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#5 Feb 7, 2012
Rev 2:29 "He who has an ear, let him hear...."
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6 Feb 7, 2012
yon wrote:
.... Man prefers "freedom of religion," ie freedom to twist Scripture to his liking or ignore it completely and think himself wise, and freedom to condemn anyone who disagrees....
You got this bit right.

Freedom from religion makes much more sense. Religion = superstition.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/02...
Both Islamism and Zionism seem particularly perverse.

Time for all religion to go.

We need morality, not gods or theology.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 7, 2012
The UK through out the Christian God and now are up to their ears with islamists. Atheists, liberal multiculturalists, and further leftists have aided in teraing down their own culture.

Reap what you have sown Europe.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#8 Feb 7, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
The UK through out the Christian God and now are up to their ears with islamists. Atheists, liberal multiculturalists, and further leftists have aided in teraing down their own culture.
Right pal. Will do!:-)

We're not like crime-free, clean living, moral USA. eh?
:-)

Gingrich on his third wife? And what about this...
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
Of course, atheists tend to turn the other cheek!:-)
Religion has nothing to do with morality or honesty.

Relgion is dying out (and good job too!) Give it up mate.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#9 Feb 7, 2012
Oh and I'm reaping my well-paid job, free health-care and five weeks annual holiday too.

The US & UK both have our pros and cons.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#10 Feb 7, 2012
“..the announcement of his attempt to strangle Catholic schools and hospitals through an HHS contraceptive/abortifacient mandate..”
If true, Mr Obama sounds intelligent. Separation of church and state.

“Obama prides himself on his Aloha-style "tolerance," but it is more like the tolerance of Paris circa 1789.” And the Catholic Reporter is being a ‘fifth column’ against religion?

And some people say religious beliefs aren’t delusion? Sounds more like raving lunacy from Mr Neumayer

Location hidden

#11 Feb 7, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Right pal. Will do!:-)
I'm Canadian.

You should check avatars and profiles better next time.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 7, 2012
EdSed wrote:
“..the announcement of his attempt to strangle Catholic schools and hospitals through an HHS contraceptive/abortifacient mandate..”
“Obama prides himself on his Aloha-style "tolerance," but it is more like the tolerance of Paris circa 1789.” And the Catholic Reporter is being a ‘fifth column’ against religion?
And some people say religious beliefs aren’t delusion? Sounds more like raving lunacy from Mr Neumayer
Don't be silly.

If it's separation of church and state, the President Urkel Odumba shouldn't be forcing his agenda on those who don't believe in it on religious grounds.

I'm not Catholic either, but I give them credit for speaking against the murder of millions.

Same thing goes in my country. Govt is always crying out we need more immigrants to fill jobs etc....Well, we have murdered 40,000+ potential engineers, teachers, doctors, lawyers, welders, etc every year for the last 3 decades+. Makes sense to kill your own eh

Location hidden

#13 Feb 7, 2012
EdSed wrote:
Oh and I'm reaping my well-paid job, free health-care and five weeks annual holiday too.
The US & UK both have our pros and cons.
Oh we have "free" healthcare in Canada.

But then again, I pay alot of taxes. Do you?

What's so "free" now Ed?

Since: Feb 12

Prahran, Australia

#14 Feb 7, 2012
monotheastic religion (islam judasism and the christian cults) are a cancer on this earth...
they essentially are the trinity of evil...

Location hidden

#15 Feb 7, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Right pal. Will do!:-)
By the way, I wasn't talking about ones morals vs. another.

Atheists, ultra liberals and multiculturalists in the west have enjoyed teraing down their own cultural values on many levels. Well, do you see the islamists coming in and tearing down theirs?

There's your reap what you have sown.

I know it's hard for a leftard like you to comprehend what I'm talking about.
Dan

Milwaukee, WI

#16 Feb 7, 2012
EdSed wrote:
.....until one recalls that the Church (and any other religious institution) enjoys the protection of the First Amendment.

Obama either forgot that himself or thinks we all did, but the Courts will remember it.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#17 Feb 7, 2012
yon wrote:
He was raised a Muslim
Wow... lying is just what you do, isn't it?

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#18 Feb 7, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
And crime is ... DOWN.

And more people are living longer and longer.

And fewer and fewer women are dying in childbirth, and infant mortality is way, way down.

General health is up.

More people are doing better financially, on average, than when christians were in charge--- in fact?

This is dramatic-- during the time of christian rule? There were basically two classes: the filthy rich, and the dirt-poor. Little opportunities in-between.

It is one reason why we call that period "the Dark Ages".

After christians were thrown out of power?

The rise of the middle class happened, together with a general rise in prosperity too.

Yeah, let's return to the Middle Ages-- the Dark Ages, when Genuine Christians Ruled.

And every one (apart from a select few) was ... dirt poor, died young, and lost 3 of 5 children before age 12, and almost 2 of 3 women eventually died at childbirth.

Such a LOVELY time it was under christian control...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#19 Feb 7, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Canadian.
You should check avatars and profiles better next time.
Really?

You could be literally from ANYWHERE.

As you are too cowardly to reveal your location.

I find that in Genuine KKKristians, it's all too common for them to hide who they are.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#20 Feb 7, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....until one recalls that the Church (and any other religious institution) enjoys the protection of the First Amendment.
Obama either forgot that himself or thinks we all did, but the Courts will remember it.
Really?

How do you account for the fact that churches are basically LEECHES, and are not required to pay their fair share of taxes?

Yet, these churches with MILLION DOLLAR BUILDINGS, on multi-million dollar property, expect for FREE, protection by police, and for FREE support from firemen, and for FREE roads leading to their billion-dollar enterprises.

The first amendment is one thing.

Existing as a bloated, blood-sucking tick? Tax-free? Is quite another.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 60
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama backer faces sexual abuse charges 3 min Reverend Alan 108
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min DEM1680stretchpan... 1,143,734
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dale 180,825
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 16 min IBdaMann 33,279
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 32 min Le Duped 163,130
Republican Party shifts on immigration with hig... 36 min Le Duped 15
Republicans strike early blow in U.S. midterm e... 1 hr Wildcat 561

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE