Early voting turnout appears to lag

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Almost twice as many people voted early in 2004 compared with the number who have voted early as of Tuesday afternoon.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2008
Bewildered

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

We tried 5 times to vote. Monday the Farmington Museum was closed for voting. Tuesday went in at 10 am, voting didn't open until 12. Came back at 12 the computers were down. Ran an errand, computers still down. Went to Aztec and finally voted. So if there are those that can't go to that much trouble to vote it is not surprising the early voting is low. Just wait until election day and the computers give a hiccup!
Get up

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

and get out. Took 10 minutes to vote at the county clerks office Tuesday. 2 minute check in, mark the ballot and leave. This beats the lines you will see the 4th. Hopefully ACORN hasn't been too busy in this area. With the record number of registrations, all legal votes are so very important right now.
Tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Judged:

Obama supporters have no clue that he is a fake and a liar. He never fought corruption in Chicago he was part of it. He got money and support from the corrupt Daley Political Machine. This Machine controls everything in Chicago. City construction and service contracts, who gets hired and promoted for city jobs, and who gets campaign money to run for office. Tony Rezko is a Daley Machine contractor.

Obama continues to lie about Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko, Michael Kolinsky, Bernadine Dohrn, Marilyn Katz, Rashid Khalidi, Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Wright, and James Cone.

According to Madeleine Talbot and Toni Foulkes Chicago Acorn leaders, Obama recruited and trained workers for Acorn. Acorn helped elect him to the Illinois senate, the U.S. Senate and now they are electing him President.

Acorn has submitted hundreds of thousands of fraudulent voter registration cards. In just Ohio at least 200,000 of the 600,000 new voter cards are illegal. Obama has given Acorn $823,000 to steel this election. Obama and Acorn are corrupting our basic right of voting. One person one vote. Obama and Acorn have registered thousands to vote multiple times in different precincts. Also, thousands of students have gone into key battleground states and established residency to vote early or absentee and then leave.

Please Google Obama and Acorn and read for yourself.
Conservative Viewpoint

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

The article says 675 people had voted by Tuesday afternoon. I voted at the museum this past Saturday and was recorded as vote 1456. I sure hope that 675 figure was the clerk's office only. I'm reall going to be ticked if my vote doesn't count.
Just do it

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Both my wife and I went to the Clerks office in Aztec and were in and out in less than 20 minutes. Frans staff had their act totally together and moved voters in and out very efficiently. Too bad the rest of this states election offices are run so ragtag as to give NM such a black eye like the primaries. So get to Aztec, vote early.
NOBAMA08

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

In protest of Barry's lies about Public Financing
I am going to vote tonight while this fool talks
on TV.

Just speechs, just words - that will be forgotten
tomorrow.

Remember he started his no tax on anyone making
300K, then it dropped to 250K then to 200K and now
it is at 150K - any bets on that it will go lower
like maybe down to 42K as that is what Barry and
Biden both voted for to raise taxes on the group
that makes over $42,000 (they think your well off
at $42,000).

Since: Sep 08

Aztec, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Questions, never early voted before: So, no matter where your official poling place is, you can vote anywhere in the county doing open voting? I have a choice between the Aztec Clerk's office, or the Farmington Museum? Even though I live in Bloomfield?
voting

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

I am supposed to vote at Flora Vista fire station if I waited till Nov 4th, but voted in Aztec. If you have any qualms, just go to Aztec, thats where all the votes end up.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

San Juan County Your efficient County Clerk will
be term limited at the end of this year. You should
run her for Sec. Of State, so all of New Mexico
could experience a well run honest election.
wake up smell coffee

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

Bewildered wrote:
We tried 5 times to vote. Monday the Farmington Museum was closed for voting. Tuesday went in at 10 am, voting didn't open until 12. Came back at 12 the computers were down. Ran an errand, computers still down. Went to Aztec and finally voted. So if there are those that can't go to that much trouble to vote it is not surprising the early voting is low. Just wait until election day and the computers give a hiccup!
Voted last Saturday at Gateway. The whole process took me 10 minutes.(I had also already looked over the ballot & knew my vote so I didn't have to read the ones on the back). I have early voted in I think the last 3 generals. Highly recommend.

GO MCCAIN PALIN.
Josh L

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

How about the Daily News printing a list of the early voting polling places and their addresses? It would be appreciated!
OneLove

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

Please enough with the lies already. Fear of having a black president will make people say anything.
Enough! WE are all love. We are living the DREAM of what the real America
our sweet US of A is all about. Let Live... Let Love
CHANGE for our future. CHANGE for the present. CHANGE for our children. CHANGE for our parents and ourselves.
We can't relive the past but we can have a better today.
Come on ENOUGH!!!
always voter

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

it is not the voting that changes a nation, it is the counting. Joe Stalin

Since: Sep 08

Aztec, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2008

OneLove...what does your message have to do with the topic? Though I have to argue the fear of a black president thing, there are a score of black people I would feel confident voting for and I'm sure other people would too; I have seen nothing regarding lies on this thread, it is a thread about early voting and how people should (have) early voted.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••