Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
19,641 - 19,660 of 32,061 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jul 12

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>.... he is illegaly using his nasa position to promote his political activism and whacked out, insane claims....http://www.onlineopi nion.com.au/view.asp?article=1 3963&page=0
So where are the criminal investigations and the criminal and CIVIL lawsuits?
D Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Alight its been confirmed that global warming is real. Nothing we can do about it. I want scientist to start working on a jet pack or a hot pocket that taste good.

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh 'bozo', hansen is a friggen nut, who has gone on another of his global warming fright campaigns. he is illegaly using his nasa position to promote his political activism and whacked out, insane claims. anyone who considers what hansen says as science needs their head examined.
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp...
All you rlink says is that in the early stages of climate study, some Congressmen wanted to put on a show, and did. It goes on to say the Hansen said some things which he attributed to himself, not others AND does absolutely nothing to show what he stated was wrong.

We now know he was correct in 1988 and is still correct today.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

OK, that's settled, alarmists are unable to link John Christy to BIG OIL, so it's time they listened to what he has to say.
-
“During the heat wave of late June and early July, high temperature extremes became newsworthy. Claims that there were thousands of records broken each day and that “this is what global warming looks like” got a lot of attention.

However, these headlines were not based on climate science. As shown in Figure 1.3 of my testimony it is scientifically more accurate to say that this is what Mother Nature looks like, since events even worse than these have happened in the past before greenhouse gases were increasing like they are today."
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>This quote pretty much says it all:
"We've got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing …"
Made-up quotes aren't that impressive.
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Earthdung-0 wrote:
OK, that's settled, alarmists are unable to link John Christy to BIG OIL, so it's time they listened to what he has to say.
-
“During the heat wave of late June and early July, high temperature extremes became newsworthy. Claims that there were thousands of records broken each day and that “this is what global warming looks like” got a lot of attention.
However, these headlines were not based on climate science. As shown in Figure 1.3 of my testimony it is scientifically more accurate to say that this is what Mother Nature looks like, since events even worse than these have happened in the past before greenhouse gases were increasing like they are today."
Deniers turn every cold winter day or hot summer day into an 'I TOLD you so, this is just climate' but jump into full Denier mode whenever there's that warm winter or cold summer day.

Denier = hypocrite
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Earthdung-0 wrote:
OK, that's settled, alarmists are unable to link John Christy to BIG OIL, so it's time they listened to what he has to say....blah, blah...
OK, that's settled, Dung once again is unable to tell the truth:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2008/05/22/2...

"As for Christy, what can you say about somebody who contributed the chapter 'The Global Warming Fiasco' to a 2002 book called Global Warming and Other Eco-Myths, published by Competitive Enterprise Institute, a leading provider of disinformation on global warming that is/was funded by ExxonMobil?

In the Vermont case on the state’s effort to embrace California’s tailpipe GHG emissions standards, the car companies brought in Christy as an expert witness to rebut Hansen (see here). In one footnote on the sea level rise issue, the judge noted,'it appears that the bulk of scientific opinion opposes Christy’s position.' "

Not linked to big energy or auto industry, just published by their think tank and appearing in court on their behalf.:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Mothballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Signs of a troll:
1. Multiple consecutive posts
2. Changing another's posts
3. Using snark as a debate tool
4. Puerile argumentation akin to "I'm rubber, you're glue..."
5. Copy-cat refutation or lists
Begone, troll.
btw, how do you get internet under your bridge?
You do all except 2, and add to that:

1. Constantly stalking certain posters (I'm only one of them)

2. Projecting own trollishness onto others

3. Frequently popping up for a single post accusing someone of a troll without entering into discussion at all.

Incidentally, I don't come and go at the wishes of trolling asshats like you, boy.

FOAD, TROLL.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

kal wrote:
he is illegaly(sic) using his nasa position to promote his political activism
Many topix AGW deniers have stated that all AGW scientists' american rights to petition their gov't should be taken away. Many topix AGW deniers' desire to restrict american freedom goes along with their slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms & alleged &/or proud threats.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
3. Frequently popping up for a single post accusing someone of a troll without entering into discussion at all.
Incidentally, I don't come and go at the wishes of trolling asshats like you, boy.
FOAD, TROLL.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!
Signs of a troll:
1. Multiple consecutive posts - CHECK
2. Changing another's posts - CHECK
3. Using snark as a debate tool - CHECK
4. Puerile argumentation akin to "I'm rubber, you're glue..." CHECK
5. Copy-cat refutation or lists CHECK

Five for five!

Good job troll!

Enjoy your bridge

LOL
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Many topix AGW deniers have stated that all AGW scientists' american rights to petition their gov't should be taken away. Many topix AGW deniers' desire to restrict american freedom goes along with their slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms & alleged &/or proud threats.
Huh? You can prove those assertions?

Oh wait... you're a loon.

Never mind.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Mothballs wrote:
//////////
harvey wrote:
Begone, troll.

FOAD, TROLL.
//////////
litesong wrote:
I disagree with your name for 'motheaten'.'motheaten' is much more accurate & descriptive.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

litesong wrote:
Mothballs wrote:
//////////
harvey wrote:
Begone, troll.
FOAD, TROLL.
//////////
litesong wrote:
I disagree with your name for 'motheaten'.'motheaten' is much more accurate & descriptive.
Are you upset because you're a "loon" and not a "troll".

OK... you're a troll... AND a loon.

Feel better?
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Mothballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
We have a winner!
Signs of a troll:
1. Multiple consecutive posts - CHECK
2. Changing another's posts - CHECK
3. Using snark as a debate tool - CHECK
4. Puerile argumentation akin to "I'm rubber, you're glue..." CHECK
5. Copy-cat refutation or lists CHECK
Five for five!
Good job troll!
Enjoy your bridge
LOL
Ironically, you're proving ME correct, not the other way around.

Troll!

:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Mothballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you upset because you're a "loon" and not a "troll".
OK... you're a troll... AND a loon.
Feel better?
Still suffering under the delusion that YOU get to decide what constitutes a "troll," troll?

LOL!

Funnier and funnier...:)

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

donkey wrote:
Made-up quotes aren't that impressive.
Check this link if you don't believe me:
http://lmgtfy.com/...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Check this link if you don't believe me:
http://lmgtfy.com/...
The discussion was about Hansen. Did he say that?

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

@John(Perris,Calif...so how do we fix it? the earth... carbon tax?)We chose the individual mandate tax on consumers participating in the US healthcare system who did not want to pay for healthcare insurance because Big Insurers and Wall Street preferred it as a way to pay for insurers people with pre-existing conditions to a simpler, more equitable single-payer public option. The conservative John Roberts Supreme Court upheld the individual mandate(taxes) over the alternative public option. Wall Street also forced off the table a carbon energy tax at the source and distributing the proceeds equally on a per person basis and allowed only consideration on an ineffective cap and trade system that offered countless opportunities for profitable fraud and speculation.

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I admit to having given it much consideration over the years, since I first became sceptical of the power of CO2 and AGW as a force to be bothered by.
Belief is for the religious.
Belief is a good starting place for science (i.e. observations hypothesis, experiment, theory, test/pear review, refine, theory). You see even when you get to the end it is still only a theory. Always subject to change based upon new information. This is what is wrong with the "decided science" crowd. Much of their proof has holes or is just plane wrong and they are not willing to accept any criticism. Everyone who disagrees with them is the pawn of big business etc...
AGW is not a science it is politics and a rather totalitarian brand of politics.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Gaius Gracchuss wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is a good starting place for science (i.e. observations hypothesis, experiment, theory, test/pear review, refine, theory). You see even when you get to the end it is still only a theory. Always subject to change based upon new information. This is what is wrong with the "decided science" crowd. Much of their proof has holes or is just plane wrong and they are not willing to accept any criticism. Everyone who disagrees with them is the pawn of big business etc...
AGW is not a science it is politics and a rather totalitarian brand of politics.
Pear review, yummy.

Clearly, you are as incompetent as your namesake. Listen to the abc of human-induced climate change. It's the excess CO2, GG.

Understand the greenhouse effect, That's science, you'll accept.

Now where does the politics come in? When you open your mouth to deny the science.

WHY do you do that????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••