Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#707554 Aug 11, 2012
Paul Ryan...another crook.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#707555 Aug 11, 2012
BRONACH wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was actually meant for those on Topix who have more comprehension skills than a rotten tomato.
That pretty much counts you out.
You are an anti-American fascist minion of the Kochs and other billionaires doing their bidding for no recompense. You are just a small minded mouse without an original thought or useful activity in your entire, sorry, pathetic, little bitty life.

You get up every morning, turn on FoxFraud and ask: please sir can I have another whack to my empty head.

It's the culture.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
obarry

Beckley, WV

#707557 Aug 11, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an anti-American fascist minion of the Kochs and other billionaires doing their bidding for no recompense. You are just a small minded mouse without an original thought or useful activity in your entire, sorry, pathetic, little bitty life.
You get up every morning, turn on FoxFraud and ask: please sir can I have another whack to my empty head.
It's the culture.
The copy and paste, no original thought oregon is back. Still stupid, still a moron.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707558 Aug 11, 2012
Poll: Conservatives And Republicans Oppose Ryan Budget

More evidence that Republicans are following Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) down a dark path when it comes to Medicare: a new CNN poll shows not even self-identified conservatives are in favor of Ryan’s scheme.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/po...

All Mitt needs now is the Palin seal of approval.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707560 Aug 11, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the culture.
OOPS!!! Obama unemployment up 8.3 percent, economy stagnate and National Gas Price Average $3.68 per gallon and still going up....
-
Exactly the "STAGNATE" economy, terrible jobs numbers and sold out America obama and hair plugs for brains Joe O'Biden has provided us...
-

-
Chicago Regular gas price up to per gallon:$4.24
Illinois Regular gas price up to per gallon:$4.05
California Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.99
Connecticut Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.93
Washingtog DC Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.93
Michigan Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.92
New York Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.87
-
Gas $5.00 a gallon come November. The poor in those plantation states will not be a able to afford to drive and vote... Meaning more NO show votes for an amateur obama...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707561 Aug 11, 2012
Picking Ryan would turn desperation into disaster

After all, Ryan is the author of the deeply unpopular House budget passed by Republicans – which would eviscerate the social safety net and do away with Medicare’s federal guarantee. It’s the equivalent of political Kryptonite, and even though Romney has foolishly endorsed the document, putting the Congressman on the ticket would make it that much easier for the Obama campaign to tar Romney with the most unpopular provisions of Ryan’s budget. This is not to mention the fact that Ryan has no experience on the national political stage. That he’s even being considered is a sign of Romney’s growing desperation and all too evident indications that he has not closed the deal with conservatives.

When times are rough, there is often the inclination to throw the Hail Mary pass (a la Sarah Palin in 2008). But while Romney’s chances of victory are narrowing, the selection of Ryan would compound his problems and make winning in November that much more unlikely. The Romney campaign has hardly been a font of competence to date, but picking Ryan would be political malpractice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2...

Who knew Mitt would make McCain look like a genius?

No easy task that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707562 Aug 11, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>OOPS!!! Obama unemployment up 8.3 percent, economy stagnate and National Gas Price Average $3.68 per gallon and still going up....
-
Exactly the "STAGNATE" economy, terrible jobs numbers and sold out America obama and hair plugs for brains Joe O'Biden has provided us...
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CCMq5mSQyi8XX
-
Chicago Regular gas price up to per gallon:$4.24
Illinois Regular gas price up to per gallon:$4.05
California Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.99
Connecticut Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.93
Washingtog DC Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.93
Michigan Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.92
New York Regular gas price up to per gallon:$3.87
-
Gas $5.00 a gallon come November. The poor in those plantation states will not be a able to afford to drive and vote... Meaning more NO show votes for an amateur obama...
-
It's the culture...
Video: Fox News Defends President Over High Gas Prices

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/video-fox-news-def...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707563 Aug 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Poll: Conservatives And Republicans Oppose Ryan Budget
More evidence that Republicans are following Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) down a dark path when it comes to Medicare: a new CNN poll shows not even self-identified conservatives are in favor of Ryan’s scheme.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/po...
All Mitt needs now is the Palin seal of approval.
LOL
Black Pastors and Churches don't stand with an outsourced Obama on same-sex marriage:
-
Rev. Anthony Evans, with the National Black Church Initiative, opposed the president's and the NAACP's endorsements of same-sex marriage. He warned that Obama and the NAACP will lose support among black churches for their stand.

"We love our gay brothers and sisters, but the black church will never support gay marriage," Evans said. "It is and always will be against the ethics and teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ."

The National Black Church Initiative is a faith-based coalition of 34,000 African American and Latino churches comprised of 15 denominations.
-
At the press conference, Owens was joined by five other black regional pastors and said there were 3,742 African-American pastors on board for the anti-Obama campaign to out obama...
-
The Clinton democrats and Black Churches are abandoning a sellout obama and jumping ship!
-
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/31/blac...
-
It's the culture

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707564 Aug 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Picking Ryan would turn desperation into disaster
After all, Ryan is the author of the deeply unpopular House budget passed by Republicans – which would eviscerate the social safety net and do away with Medicare’s federal guarantee. It’s the equivalent of political Kryptonite, and even though Romney has foolishly endorsed the document, putting the Congressman on the ticket would make it that much easier for the Obama campaign to tar Romney with the most unpopular provisions of Ryan’s budget. This is not to mention the fact that Ryan has no experience on the national political stage. That he’s even being considered is a sign of Romney’s growing desperation and all too evident indications that he has not closed the deal with conservatives.
When times are rough, there is often the inclination to throw the Hail Mary pass (a la Sarah Palin in 2008). But while Romney’s chances of victory are narrowing, the selection of Ryan would compound his problems and make winning in November that much more unlikely. The Romney campaign has hardly been a font of competence to date, but picking Ryan would be political malpractice.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2...
Who knew Mitt would make McCain look like a genius?
No easy task that.
Clinton is a wealth maker, a genius with sucess, not at all like a sellout and an amateur obama....
-
Clinton is the guy who abolished welfare, a wealth maker, created success, more wealth, built America, and Clinton's the guy who declared big government is over, lets rock and roll...
-
The amateur obama lives by hate and decree, hate success and wealth, create a welfare state, create more poor, hate on America, if you built it, it wasn't you, it was the government... A poor excuse for libtard failure in life...
-
You idiots4life are like the tide... You flow both directions... The unconscious4life...
-
The Fruit of Islam... Or The Fruit of Loon... sonicmoron??
-
It's the culture4life...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707565 Aug 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Video: Fox News Defends President Over High Gas Prices
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/video-fox-news-def...
AND... You seem to be the one who's copy and pasting and drinking drunk the Hope and Change shit4life...
-
The Polls of Hope and Change are never Honest or Rev. wRight... Polls of Hope are for the "Hopelessly" enslaved... you mediaite4life...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707566 Aug 11, 2012
In the bound to happen sooner or later category...

Christian Right Historian David Barton in Freefall Over ‘Jefferson Lies’

Conservative Christian scholars are finally joining the chorus of secular historians and journalists questioning David Barton’s work, and his publisher has pulled his most recent book.

At the Rediscovering God in America conference in 2011, Mike Huckabee gave an impassioned introduction to David Barton, the religious right’s favorite revisionist historian.“I almost wish that there would be something like a simultaneous telecast and all Americans would be forced, forced—at gunpoint, no less—to listen to every David Barton message,” he said.“And I think our country would be better for it.”....

In 2010, Glenn Beck called him “the most important man in America right now.” At the end of the month, Barton is scheduled to attend the Republican National Convention in Tampa, where he’s slated to serve as a representative on the GOP’s platform committee.

But now, suddenly, Barton’s reputation is in freefall, and not just among the secular historians and journalists who have been denouncing him for ages.(I’m among them; I wrote extensively about Barton in my 2006 book Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism.) Earlier this week, the evangelical World Magazine published a piece about the growing number of Christian conservative scholars questioning his work. Then, on Thursday, Thomas Nelson, the world’s largest Christian publisher, recalled Barton’s most recent book, the bestselling The Jefferson Lies, saying it had “lost confidence in the book’s details.”

For decades, Barton has tried to write Enlightenment deism out of American history, but it seems that by attempting to turn the famously freethinking Thomas Jefferson into a pious precursor of the modern Christian right, he finally went too far.“Books like that make Christian scholarship look bad,” says Warren Throckmorton, an professor of psychology at Grove City College, a conservative Christian school in Pennsylvania.“If that’s what people are passing off as Christian scholarship, there are claims in there that are easily proved false.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08...

Jay Richards, a senior fellow at the conservative Discovery Institute who spoke alongside Barton at a conference last month, read Getting Jefferson Right and got in touch with Throckmorton. According to World Magazine, Richards proceeded to ask 10 conservative Christian scholars to review Barton’s work. When they did, the response was extremely negative, leading Richards to conclude that Barton’s books and videos trafficked in “embarrassing factual errors, suspiciously selective quotes, and highly misleading claims.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707567 Aug 11, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton is a wealth maker, a genius with sucess, not at all like a sellout and an amateur obama....
-
Clinton is the guy who abolished welfare, a wealth maker, created success, more wealth, built America, and Clinton's the guy who declared big government is over, lets rock and roll...
-
The amateur obama lives by hate and decree, hate success and wealth, create a welfare state, create more poor, hate on America, if you built it, it wasn't you, it was the government... A poor excuse for libtard failure in life...
-
You idiots4life are like the tide... You flow both directions... The unconscious4life...
-
-
It's the culture4life...
So it's all good when Bill calls Mitt a liar?

At least I don't have a copy and paste brain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707568 Aug 11, 2012
What is ironic... The democratic convention has been moved, relocated to a smaller location in Charlotte NC
-
Pelosi: I'm NOT encouraging anyone to go to the convention, having nothing to do with anything except I think they should stay home...
-
'Buyers Remorse' Leaves Obama Campaign Struggling for Campaign Funds * Pelosi: I'm NOT encouraging anyone to go to the Democratic Convention, having nothing to do with anything, except I think they should stay home...
-
Thursday, 09 Aug 2012 010:02 AM
-
Barack Hussein Obama was the first presidential candidate to raise more than $100 million in a month and in 2008 was the first to forgo public money for his campaign. Now, he faces the very real threat of being the first president to be outspent.
-
Tacky wedding gift donations, loser dinner date donations and lotteries.. Sellout and begging for donations... The Poison of Liberalism...
-
I will be the first incumbent president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, Obama wrote to supporters recently.
-
Many bought into hope and change and they're not getting it. There's some buyers' remorse, jumping ship like drowning rats abandoning a sellout NO Hope and NO change obama...
-
Obama demonized Wall Street bankers and they responded by closing their wallets. He also has called on wealthier Americans to pay more in taxes a hardly an inspiration to donate, his advisers concede.
-
For some of his most liberal supporters, he has not done enough to promote stronger unions or tougher environmental laws. A sellout for most causes...
-
And, unlike four years ago, Obama is not campaigning as an optimistic vessel of hope and change.
-
Never before has an incumbent president failed to out raise a challenger, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a campaign finance watchdog. In Obama's record-setting 2008 campaign, he made history in September by raising $150 million.
-
Meanwhile, life is good in Communist China, where the business environment isn't so Communist...
-
The Obama administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in our lifetime...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707569 Aug 11, 2012
Bill Clinton:

Governor Romney released an ad today alleging that the Obama administration had weakened the work requirements of the 1996 Welfare Reform Act. That is not true.

The act emerged after years of experiments at the state level, including my work as Governor of Arkansas beginning in 1980. When I became President, I granted waivers from the old law to 44 states to implement welfare to work strategies before welfare reform passed.

After the law was enacted, every state was required to design a plan to move people into the workforce, along with more funds to help pay for training, childcare and transportation. As a result, millions of people moved from welfare to work.

The recently announced waiver policy was originally requested by the Republican governors of Utah and Nevada to achieve more flexibility in designing programs more likely to work in this challenging environment. The Administration has taken important steps to ensure that the work requirement is retained and that waivers will be granted only if a state can demonstrate that more people will be moved into work under its new approach. The welfare time limits, another important feature of the 1996 act, will not be waived.

The Romney ad is especially disappointing because, as governor of Massachusetts, he requested changes in the welfare reform laws that could have eliminated time limits altogether. We need a bipartisan consensus to continue to help people move from welfare to work even during these hard times, not more misleading campaign ads.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/bill...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707570 Aug 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's all good when Bill calls Mitt a liar?
At least I don't have a copy and paste brain.
It's easier to try and fool people, than it is to convince them sonicmorom has NOT been fooled..
-
You have a certifiable record of hate, bigotry and cultural malware on this thread... And You are Most Likely To Unfriend Opposing Views...
-
It's the culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#707571 Aug 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Paul Ryan...another crook.
Romney-Ryan, the perfect antidote to the Kenyan's communist coup and America's economic misery.

RR? Ronald Reagan!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#707572 Aug 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Clinton:
Governor Romney released an ad today alleging that the Obama administration had weakened the work requirements of the 1996 Welfare Reform Act. That is not true.
The act emerged after years of experiments at the state level, including my work as Governor of Arkansas beginning in 1980. When I became President, I granted waivers from the old law to 44 states to implement welfare to work strategies before welfare reform passed.
After the law was enacted, every state was required to design a plan to move people into the workforce, along with more funds to help pay for training, childcare and transportation. As a result, millions of people moved from welfare to work.
The recently announced waiver policy was originally requested by the Republican governors of Utah and Nevada to achieve more flexibility in designing programs more likely to work in this challenging environment. The Administration has taken important steps to ensure that the work requirement is retained and that waivers will be granted only if a state can demonstrate that more people will be moved into work under its new approach. The welfare time limits, another important feature of the 1996 act, will not be waived.
The Romney ad is especially disappointing because, as governor of Massachusetts, he requested changes in the welfare reform laws that could have eliminated time limits altogether. We need a bipartisan consensus to continue to help people move from welfare to work even during these hard times, not more misleading campaign ads.
Obama hands the Super Star Bill Clinton the convention spotlight:
-
Nearly 12 years after he left office, Bill Clinton remains one of our most popular success, wealth maker and compelling Presidents.
-
As a wealth maker many believe, probably correctly, that if the Constitution had allowed, Clinton could have won a third term as president in 2000, despite the sex scandals, his minor perjury rap and his impeachment by the House...
-
The create more poor amateur Obama campaign thinks it can make full use of that popularity, hating on wealth makers, ignoring Clinton's wealth making presidency that still has a lingering association with good economic times, including four years of balanced budgets, creating more wealth for Americans, setting up Hillary at the Democratic convention in Charlotte, N.C.
-
Clinton could be an effective campaigner for Obama this fall. This spring, when the Obama campaign was trying to paint Romney's record at Bain Capital as one of plant closings and job outsourcing, Clinton praised Romney's "sterling business career" a wealth maker and said he was more than qualified to be president.
-
Wealth making, that perhaps is the upside of Clinton's greatest political asset: He's impossible to ignore...
-
Even though Bill is helping Hillary in 2016 Clinton still musters a lot of wealthy good times and political upbeat firepower.
-
It's the culture....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#707573 Aug 11, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton is a wealth maker, a genius with sucess, not at all like a sellout and an amateur obama....
-
-
-
-
-
It's the culture4life...
you are so stupid. you are really starting to sound like WarTime right before they took him to jail. 53% of America disagrees with you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#707574 Aug 11, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Clinton:
The Kenyan illegally ripped up work for welfare reform. Now his base gets their welfare check for nothing.

Clinton is lying. As usual.

America gets it.

MICKEY KAUS:“I had some serious doubts about Mitt Romney’s ad attacking Obama’s welfare ‘waivers’— until I read the New York Times editorial denouncing it. Now I know Romney’s ad isn’t as accurate as I’d thought. It’s much more accurate.”

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#707575 Aug 11, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>It's easier to try and fool people, than it is to convince them sonicmorom has NOT been fooled..
-
You have a certifiable record of hate, bigotry and cultural malware on this thread... And You are Most Likely To Unfriend Opposing Views...
-
It's the culture...
It's not like I don't know all the names you've used on this thread, and others. You're one of the original Topix birthers.

Talk about certifiable hate and bigotry. You're the Queen.

Unfriend? I don't have a Facebook page. I'm not that desperate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min WelbyMD 185,025
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 16 min red and right 33,983
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min red and right 172,134
Netanyahu speech exposes partisan and diplomati... 2 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 51
VP Biden to headline gay rights group's convention 3 hr nhjeff 20
Who is the worst president since WWII ? (Jul '14) 4 hr Electra41 1,422
Opinion: New Hillary Clinton scandal won't stick 7 hr lolol 2
More from around the web