Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#695150 Jul 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing the subject?
Obviously you know little about business.
Besides, moron, I said primarily capital gains taxes hit those making over 250K as a couple.
I guarantee there are few people making under $100K a year with a lot of capital gains income.
But maybe we could all be like Mitt & get a pack of accountants to scheme our pay checks to be considered investment income & we too can pay 15% rate.
So where does your capital gains income derive? You & Flack are these great stock traders I suppose. I mean at least here on topix.
The question was how the bush tax cuts separates us into classes. Still waiting for you to show me how that is so.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#695151 Jul 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the Bush tax cuts did?
my oh my what a short selective memory you right wingers have.
"realdumb"
Gee was I ever wrong. I thought the Bush tax cuts extended to all folks. Did I miss the part where the cuts were denied to low income folks.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#695152 Jul 26, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that post was timely enough for you since it appears i struck a nerve
Yeah, that's it! You struck a nerve. Whatever.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#695153 Jul 26, 2012
In 2009, Mitt made $10,000,000, and I got him a tax refund of $11,000,000. What can I say? I know how to play the system because the system was invented by people like me for people like Mitt.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I can be very clever with tax deductions. I'll give you a few examples:

One time, I told Mitt to rent out two rooms in his mansion to tourists for a week so he could call his house a "bed & breakfast" and deduct all the upkeep for the whole house forever. He included a breakfast buffet that consisted of stale rolls and butter, and provided "live entertainment," which was really just the gardener whistling while he trimmed the hedges. Then, he renovated the entire house to "attract more guests." That cost him $875,000. That year, Mitt took a $2,000,000 loss on his "bed & breakfast" enterprise.

That worked so well, we did the same thing with his other houses.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#695154 Jul 26, 2012
Another time, Bain bought a cuckoo clock company in Dubuque, then fired everybody and shut it down. The powerful cuckoo clock makers union was livid, but Mitt didn't care. Mitt made $1,000,000 profit from that venture, so I had to create some serious deductions to offset that.

Here's what I did: I told Mitt to keep the 10,000 busted cuckoo clocks that were rotting away in the warehouse. Technically, Mitt owned the clocks anyway when he bought the company, and what the hell can you do with 10,000 broken cuckoo clocks? So I jiggled some figures around and decided that each clock was worth $35, which is not an unreasonable price for a working cuckoo clock. Then I told Mitt to donate all those cuckoo clocks to kids' charities.

That got him a nice $350,000 charitable deduction.

Like I said, these were lousy cuckoo clocks, but the kids' charities didn't know that and neither did the IRS. The cuckoo would pop out of the little door and fly across the room. I think one of them hit a kid in the eye and almost blinded him. His parents didn't have health care, so Mitt said, "You can see with one eye right?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-blumenthal...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#695155 Jul 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. Government for the people. They do it by building infrastructure & security & regulations in which businesses are able to grow & prosper.
Why do you right wingers hate government? You obviously don't want to fund it.
Paid for by taxing the people they are building the infrastructure for. So you see, we DID build that. Liberals are so stupid.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#695156 Jul 26, 2012
flack wrote:
Fair Tax and the colonization of space is what will bring this planet into the future. We have two options. One: Return to the dark ages. Two: Explore, colonize, and industrialize space. There are no other choices.
You'll have a great evening!!!!
PS: Cheer up libtards. Maybe in a hundred years you can all fly off to another planet and set up your libtard paradise. Of course you will have to get some greedy corporation to build your ship and fund your trip. To get all of you off the planet I say money well spent.
If the Right Wingers get their way, in a hundred years we will need to leave whats let of this planet to survive.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#695157 Jul 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The market went up because of the stimulus action & its success in improving the job situation.
Since Obama ran on the stimulus, it should not have been any surprise.
But then McCain was going to spend all that "free" money too. Romney would have also.
Business will respond when they get orders & calls for their service, nothing to do with the mythical evil regulations.
They did well under Obama whether you will admit it or not.
You do realize you talked in circles. First the market went up because of your "free" money but then said businesses ignore the "free" money.
Best try to make up your mind.
The economy will get back on better growth patterns once the Republicans decide helping this country is more important than helping their party.
They could start by pledging to the USA instead of the fatassed Norquist.
As I walk put the door. Business is far more than the DOW 30 or the S&P 500. The real job creators are your neighbors who have there small S corps. You are suppose to be one. But maybe selling pencils on the street corner doesn't count. Taxes and regulations and ObamaTax are the problem. Get over it already.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#695159 Jul 26, 2012
I love to take absurd depreciation deductions too. One day in 1998, I came up with a great idea. I decided to take depreciation deductions on Mitt, his kids and his wife. My rationalization was, "You're not getting any younger are you?"

Mitt got a $450,000 human depreciation deduction that year. Am I a genius or what?

Of course, there's a lot more financial hanky-panky -- the Cayman Islands money, the Swiss bank accounts -- but I won't bore you with the details. I spent a lot of time making it all too complicated for anyone to figure out. Also, let's face it, when the IRS gets a 10,000 page tax return covered with total gibberish, are they really going to look at it? Hell no. Because of all the tax cheats, the government can't afford enough IRS auditors.

I love America!

Anyway, aside from covering my ass, I decided to blow the whistle on Mitt because I'm a loyal American and I felt it was my patriotic duty. Also, the National Enquirer is paying me a million bucks.

I just have one question. Can a felon be elected President?

New Oxford, PA

#695161 Jul 26, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"JEB"
You think that vote meant anything? If you do you are wrong. No way the house will agree with them.
What ever happened to equality? We are equal but in your mind some should be taxed at a higher rate? You are envious of those who worked hard? You want to punish hard work. Keep your hand out the about 50% of us who still pay Federal income tax will pay to keep your hand filled.
Peace
Are including Romney for the years he may not have paid any income tax?

Everyone gets a tax cuts on their income up to $250K. Sounds fair.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#695162 Jul 26, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said.
You can't afford it.
The Venetian is the most opulent hotel in Vegas.
I know, I stayed there for six nights a few months ago.
But I agree that the money can be spent/lost elsewhere. I did like their sports book deal though. Watched the bears kill the Vikings there and won 500 bucks.
Liberals want to be able to spend 6 nights in vegas then expect everyone else to pay for their health care.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#695163 Jul 26, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>This might be quicker?
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed...
Notice how dem responds to most of my posts? My terms, baby, my terms. Lol
Florida

Lithia, FL

#695164 Jul 26, 2012
'Buyers Remorse' Leaves Obama Campaign Struggling for Campaign Funds
-
Pelosi: Stay home!! Don't go the Democratic Convention.. Save your own asses4life...
-
Barack Hussein Obama was the first presidential candidate to raise more than $100 million in a month and in 2008 was the first to forgo public money for his campaign. Now, he faces the very real threat of being the first president to be outspent.
-
Tacky wedding gift donations, loser dinner date donations and lotteries.. Sellout and begging for donations... The Poison of Liberalism...
-
I will be the first incumbent president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, Obama wrote to supporters recently.
-
Many bought into hope and change and they're not getting it. There's some buyers' remorse, jumping ship like drowning rats abandoning a sellout NO Hope and NO change obama...
-
Obama demonized Wall Street bankers and they responded by closing their wallets. He also has called on wealthier Americans to pay more in taxes a hardly an inspiration to donate, his advisers concede.
-
For some of his most liberal supporters, he has not done enough to promote stronger unions or tougher environmental laws. A sellout for most causes...
-
And, unlike four years ago, Obama is not campaigning as an optimistic vessel of hope and change.
-
Never before has an incumbent president failed to outraise a challenger, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a campaign finance watchdog. In Obama's record-setting 2008 campaign, he made history in September by raising $150 million.
-
Meanwhile, life is good in Communist China, where the business environment isn't so Communist...
-
Moving Forward, The Obama administration is the greatest wet blanket to business, and progress and job creation in our lifetime...
-
Every Aspect Of Life In America Is Worse and Sold Out Since an OUTSOURCED, Occupy Obama Took Over....
-
It's the culture...
Anonymous

Ocean City, MD

#695165 Jul 26, 2012
Regardless of your political affiliation, the presidency doesn't have all that much power so its hard to blame the president. The real power and problem is in the Congress.
Homer

Effort, PA

#695167 Jul 26, 2012
Don Corleone: Tattaglia is a pimp. He never could have outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along.

New Oxford, PA

#695169 Jul 26, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> As I walk put the door. Business is far more than the DOW 30 or the S&P 500. The real job creators are your neighbors who have there small S corps. You are suppose to be one. But maybe selling pencils on the street corner doesn't count. Taxes and regulations and ObamaTax are the problem. Get over it already.
S corps. Only 2-3% of small business would be affected by allowing the tax cuts on the wealthy to expire.

The vast majority of small businesses have 9 or fewer employees & would benefit greatly by Obamacare.

So get real, if small businesses are the subject, Obama has provided them with tax cuts & a way to save big money on health benefits.

All you want to to give the Romneys in this country more tax breaks.

The only thing Repubicans did lately for small business was to create the worse recession in 80 years. Yep that helped us quite a bit.
Realtime

Winter Springs, FL

#695170 Jul 26, 2012
flack wrote:
Fair Tax and the colonization of space is what will bring this planet into the future. We have two options. One: Return to the dark ages. Two: Explore, colonize, and industrialize space. There are no other choices.
You'll have a great evening!!!!
PS: Cheer up libtards. Maybe in a hundred years you can all fly off to another planet and set up your libtard paradise. Of course you will have to get some greedy corporation to build your ship and fund your trip. To get all of you off the planet I say money well spent.
Cheer up taxpayers, SpaceX is now playing Florida, Texas and Puerto Rico one against the other for tax subsidies and other freebies. You'll recall that SpaceX is the brainchild of Tesla car guy that the rightwingers love so much. And damned if there isn't another company sniffing around KSC for handouts, this one offering civilians trips into the edge of space in a nifty little jet propelled vehicle that operates like a executive jet and can make several flights per day.

Tickets for the approximate 22 minute round trip flight are projected at $95.000 per person so bring the entire family. I forgot the name of the company__I was laughing so fkn hard I almost pzzed my pants.
fred

Milford, CT

#695171 Jul 26, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Another time, Bain bought a cuckoo clock company in Dubuque, then fired everybody and shut it down. The powerful cuckoo clock makers union was livid, but Mitt didn't care. Mitt made $1,000,000 profit from that venture, so I had to create some serious deductions to offset that.
Here's what I did: I told Mitt to keep the 10,000 busted cuckoo clocks that were rotting away in the warehouse. Technically, Mitt owned the clocks anyway when he bought the company, and what the hell can you do with 10,000 broken cuckoo clocks? So I jiggled some figures around and decided that each clock was worth $35, which is not an unreasonable price for a working cuckoo clock. Then I told Mitt to donate all those cuckoo clocks to kids' charities.
That got him a nice $350,000 charitable deduction.
Like I said, these were lousy cuckoo clocks, but the kids' charities didn't know that and neither did the IRS. The cuckoo would pop out of the little door and fly across the room. I think one of them hit a kid in the eye and almost blinded him. His parents didn't have health care, so Mitt said, "You can see with one eye right?"
Romney at Bain? So what? Who cares?

HOW’S THAT “SMART DIPLOMACY” WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA?(CONT’D): Foreign Policy: Four years after Barack Obama’s landmark Berlin speech, the transatlantic alliance is fading fast. What went wrong?“Europeans have never cared less about what the United States thinks.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#695172 Jul 26, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you sniff movie theater seats as well as fantasizing about what peoples underwear smells like? Good on ya!! Say it loud, you're a freak and you're proud!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ABx5i-8HplkXX&feature=rel ated
I see that you have a thing about the clap.

Bingo. That explains the powerful odor.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#695173 Jul 26, 2012
dem wrote:
Grampy?
Where'd ya go when we were having a nice Vegas conversation?
Wow...begging for attention on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min IND 165,510
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min loose cannon 181,840
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 1 hr mjjcpa 1,105
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 1 hr Cottinz Pickinz 339
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 1 hr Le Duped 256
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 17 hr nhjeff 439
Only Club Penguin Names and Passwords!!! (Sep '09) 20 hr louisbrett 2,978
More from around the web