Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#650583 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"count to 10"???
I gotta say Homer, you're getting a bit unreasonable with these folks.
I upgraded to Homer 2.0, it has the 'laugh on command' module and it is kindler, gentler and slightly less condescending, with just a hint of added sarcasm.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#650584 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, could you please name the smart liberals on here for future reference?
... because Carol can't recognize smart on her own.

Help her out there Leo.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#650585 May 25, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real Dave"
You are full of manure. The stimulus bill did not lower the unemployment rate by 1 1/2%. I know you do not want to recall but remember when president nobama said pass my stimulus bill and the unemployment rate will not exceed 8%. It was less than 8% when he lied, now for what 39 months in a row it has been over 8%.
Cut the crap.
Peace
KMA
PS: Can hardly wait to see how you dodge and dance on this one. Oh, I know it is Bush's fault
You know, you are one hopeless piece of sh*t.

I took my time to write a post before explaining why the promise of 8% is a lie but it did not good whatsoever. You just returned to being your dumbass, uneducated self.

My God you right wingers are stupid.

There is a report that was written in early January of 2009 called the Romer Report.

That report, put our before he 4th quarter 2008 numbers came out, estimated that the recession would cause unemployment to reach a max of 9%.(most economists agreed)

BASED ON THAT 9%, THE STIMULUS WOULD HOLD THE RATE TO 8%. If the max was 9, the bill would hold it to 8.

Now, if that just too f*cking difficult for you to grasp??? Are you really this GD dumb?

Shortly after, numbers came out showing the economy shrunk by a much high number than originally thought making that 9% estimate no longer valid.

Te CBO analyzed the results of the stimulus& said it lowered the rate by the amount it was engineered to do. Between 1 & 1 1/2%.

Say there is a big storm coming & they predict 2" of rain. The local dam is of concern & you ask me if it will hold. I say, if it rains 2", the dame will hold. It rains 4 " the dam over flows & breaks. You call me a liar saying I promised that dam would not break.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#650586 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, I'll bet capturing and prosecuting the WTC bombers didn't cost anywhere near 6 TRILLION DOLLARS.
Carol's posts really stick with you.

Location hidden

#650587 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if they're liberals but I can name the smart people with one hand tied behind my back - In no particular order - Tenzing, RealDave, Realtime, Yepperz, John 'Nobama' Galt(also pure evil, doesn't make him stupid), Lily, Jean(whereabouts unknown hopefully some rightwinger didn't hurt her), Sonicfilter, Peppy(smart and funny), Carol(smart yet also dumb), JEB, dem (also funny), keyedup(also a little bit crazy and funny), dupont, eman(although he like to argue with everyone), leosnana, janesays(also a vile hateful beast) and basically any non-rightwingers with the exception of the aformentioned, oh and also anyone who judges any of my posts with a 'funny'.
That was pretty good for one handed typing. I'm terrible at typing one handed. You've no idea how long it takes me to type s-e-x-y-a-m-a-t-e-u-r-h-o-u-s- e-w-i-v-e-s-.-c-o-m

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#650588 May 25, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...Keep whipping that dead horse..........
Elliot Mintz---Lennon's former publicist and close friend---
"From the time I met John in 1971, until the end, all of those things he expressed in 'Imagine' were part of his belief system until the last breath of his life".
" If you listen to the last recorded interviews that were done with John, you'll hear him express in his own words... his own beliefs... which are virtually identical to the beliefs he held in '71".
You can listen to those interviews here.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/john-l...
Listen, make up your own mind and move on.
Um, those were lennon's words in my post.

Location hidden

#650589 May 25, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot-kettle-black
Carol is naive.
You, on the other hand, are one of the snarkiest bitches around.
Does anybody else get the irony here?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#650590 May 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Carol, the really smart liberals don't bother reading your repetitive dittoheaded snarkiness any more. Almost all national politicians are bought these days; I just want to make sure I vote for the ones who were worth it.
Lol, you obviously read it to comment on the content, and tenzing/nutsickles is obsessed with reading her posr.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#650591 May 25, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda wierd. Lol. It seems important to him to have someone who coined the phrase "Power to the People" be his spokesman. Wonder why.
What seems weird is why you keep trying to hold on to him as your spokesman.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#650592 May 25, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, those were lennon's words in my post.
Um, I know.

Location hidden

#650593 May 25, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like sht on the bottom of my shoe.
I wasn't.
Told ya not to stand in the toilet but did you listen?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#650594 May 25, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot-kettle-black
Carol is naive.
You, on the other hand, are one of the snarkiest bitches around.
One of?

Location hidden

#650595 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I upgraded to Homer 2.0, it has the 'laugh on command' module and it is kindler, gentler and slightly less condescending, with just a hint of added sarcasm.
Do I have to upgrade my OS?
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#650596 May 25, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had enough of you.
Get off my thread before I choke you the fk out, old man.
Typical Obama-worshipper comment. Please seek mental health therapy before ObamaSCARE kicks in and you are left with nothing.
fred

Milford, CT

#650597 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if they're liberals but I can name the smart people with one hand tied behind my back - In no particular order - Tenzing, RealDave, Realtime, Yepperz, John 'Nobama' Galt(also pure evil, doesn't make him stupid), Lily, Jean(whereabouts unknown hopefully some rightwinger didn't hurt her), Sonicfilter, Peppy(smart and funny), Carol(smart yet also dumb), JEB, dem (also funny), keyedup(also a little bit crazy and funny), dupont, eman(although he like to argue with everyone), leosnana, janesays(also a vile hateful beast) and basically any non-rightwingers with the exception of the aformentioned, oh and also anyone who judges any of my posts with a 'funny'.
Hindenburg homer thinks liberals are smart - like him! Qu'elle suprise! Can you say cocoon?

Liberals have an unwarranted sense of superiority. It is a character defect. The Kenyan's narcissistic personality disorder is an extreme example.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#650598 May 25, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> What a scumbag, no wonder emmama and gunner quoted him, they're sick in the head
Please sober up; it's very unattractive this way.

Newville, PA

#650599 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to give you a few examples of duplication - keeping in mind it's only the tip of the iceberg:
*Twenty agencies operating 56 programs dedicated to financial literacy. GAO and agencies canít estimate what they cost.
*The federal government runs 80 economic development programs at four agencies at a cost of $6.5 billion.
*The Department of Transportation spends $58 billion on 100 programs run by five agencies with 6,000 employees that havenít evolved since 1956.
*Fifteen federal agencies administer more than 30 food-related laws.
*At least five departments, eight agencies and more than two dozen presidential appointees oversee $6.48 billion related to bioterrorism.
http://blog.heritage.org/2011/03/01/duplicati...
The top ten of a long list of wasteful spending:
1. The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.
2. Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.
3. Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.
4. Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them -- costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.
5. The Congressional Budget Office published a "Budget Options" series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.
6. Examples from multiple Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports of wasteful duplication include 342 economic development programs; 130 programs serving the disabled; 130 programs serving at-risk youth; 90 early childhood development programs; 75 programs funding international education, cultural, and training exchange activities; and 72 safe water programs.
7. Washington will spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.
8. A GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples of taxpayer-funded purchases include gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, Xboxes, jewelry, Internet dating services, and Hawaiian vacations. In one extraordinary example, the Postal Service spent $13,500 on one dinner at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, including "over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold." The 81 guests consumed an average of $167 worth of food and drink apiece.
9. Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
10. The Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009...
Wouldn't it be nice if the Democrats joined the Republicans in saying enough waste and duplication?
So this duplication wasn't there before Obama took office?

This duplication is not created by the executive branch. It is done by Congress.

Obama tried to end corporate welfare for oil companies. Republicans said no.

72 billion is what - less that 2%.

I have news. These thing all happen under Republican leadership. Democrat leadership. Heck even in private business.

So why didn't the Republicans end all of this when Bush was President & Republicans ran Congress?

Obama asked congress to end some of this duplication & combine some departments. He is still waiting for an answer.

ttp://www.washingtonpost.com/p olitics/obama-to-propose-combi ning-agencies-to-shrink-federa l-government/2012/01/13/gIQAHs LqvP_story.html

Location hidden

#650600 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you are one hopeless piece of sh*t.
I took my time to write a post before explaining why the promise of 8% is a lie but it did not good whatsoever. You just returned to being your dumbass, uneducated self.
My God you right wingers are stupid.
There is a report that was written in early January of 2009 called the Romer Report.
That report, put our before he 4th quarter 2008 numbers came out, estimated that the recession would cause unemployment to reach a max of 9%.(most economists agreed)
BASED ON THAT 9%, THE STIMULUS WOULD HOLD THE RATE TO 8%. If the max was 9, the bill would hold it to 8.
Now, if that just too f*cking difficult for you to grasp??? Are you really this GD dumb?
Shortly after, numbers came out showing the economy shrunk by a much high number than originally thought making that 9% estimate no longer valid.
Te CBO analyzed the results of the stimulus& said it lowered the rate by the amount it was engineered to do. Between 1 & 1 1/2%.
Say there is a big storm coming & they predict 2" of rain. The local dam is of concern & you ask me if it will hold. I say, if it rains 2", the dame will hold. It rains 4 " the dam over flows & breaks. You call me a liar saying I promised that dam would not break.
I see your problem, maybe I can help.

You see, you used the numbers 8 and 9 and expected the mouthbreather to perform an arithmetic operation. That's where you let 'im off the leash. To a right wing idiot, the difference between 8 and 9 could be anywhere between 10 brazilion and green.

Newville, PA

#650602 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to give you a few examples of duplication - keeping in mind it's only the tip of the iceberg:
*Twenty agencies operating 56 programs dedicated to financial literacy. GAO and agencies canít estimate what they cost.
*The federal government runs 80 economic development programs at four agencies at a cost of $6.5 billion.
*The Department of Transportation spends $58 billion on 100 programs run by five agencies with 6,000 employees that havenít evolved since 1956.
*Fifteen federal agencies administer more than 30 food-related laws.
*At least five departments, eight agencies and more than two dozen presidential appointees oversee $6.48 billion related to bioterrorism.
http://blog.heritage.org/2011/03/01/duplicati...
The top ten of a long list of wasteful spending:
1. The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.
2. Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.
3. Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.
4. Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them -- costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.
5. The Congressional Budget Office published a "Budget Options" series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.
6. Examples from multiple Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports of wasteful duplication include 342 economic development programs; 130 programs serving the disabled; 130 programs serving at-risk youth; 90 early childhood development programs; 75 programs funding international education, cultural, and training exchange activities; and 72 safe water programs.
7. Washington will spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.
8. A GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples of taxpayer-funded purchases include gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, Xboxes, jewelry, Internet dating services, and Hawaiian vacations. In one extraordinary example, the Postal Service spent $13,500 on one dinner at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, including "over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold." The 81 guests consumed an average of $167 worth of food and drink apiece.
9. Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
10. The Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009...
Wouldn't it be nice if the Democrats joined the Republicans in saying enough waste and duplication?
Just to be clear, I asked for this:

"Where is Obama spending waste & duplication that was not there previously."

That was not there previously.

Get it?
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#650603 May 25, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Y'all have a nice Memorial Day Weekend! Remember those who have died and died for us.
lily begins her bender early.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min republiCONS 175,828
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 185,890
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 6 hr barefoot2626 231
News Poll: Growing number of Americans incorrectly t... (Aug '10) 7 hr Spitshine 7,999
News In Feingold loss, his base turns on its own (Nov '10) 19 hr Fat for me 75
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) Sat lightbeamrider 706
bi-curious teen male looking to talk? Sat henry-222 1
More from around the web