Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#650548 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think the WTC bombers were criminals acting on their own, then you're a lot more stupid than I thought.
Well, since I didn't say that I must not be more stupid than you thought.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#650549 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm having a real "aha" moment.
You AND Tenzing are a lot more stupid than I thought.
Waste and duplication is the democrat's logo.
That kind of "aha" moment is usually a symptom of early onset Alzheimer's.

You should get checked out.
carol

Windermere, FL

#650550 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Cretin Carol.
Does Enron, Tyco an Worldcom ring a bell?
How about Halliburton running up huge overcharges in Iraq for work it never did.
Now put on your dunce cap, sit down and shut up.
Hey, Dingaling Norton.

Does the Blackstone Group, Solyndra and Sanjay Wagle ring a bell?

If you don't think big corporations are funding Obama's campaign and have not been in bed with this administration, you, too, a lot more stupid than I thought.

Are there any smart liberals on here?
carol

Windermere, FL

#650551 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aha" as in, "Dang! I should have known that long before now!"

Besides, I have senior moments. A lot different.
carol

Windermere, FL

#650552 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since I didn't say that I must not be more stupid than you thought.
I understood you to mean the WTC bombers were the 9/11 hijackers.

If I misunderstood, a thousand apologies.

However, a lot of good that did - arresting the few who first bombed the Twin Towers - so that the enemy could begin plotting an even bigger attack on 9/11.

See what happens when good men do nothing? Evil prevails. Just like they say it does.

“God bless you Goerge W. Bush”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#650553 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go libweenie - vent that hate & frustration.

What would you do without this Topix thread to waste your life away on!!

That's it! More hate!! Go for it libweenie!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#650554 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are just unwilling to have a real conversation.
Where is Obama spending waste & duplication that was not there previously.
I'll await your answer.
Obama put 4 trillion on the table & the Republicans said no.
The only things the Republicans want to cut is NPR, Planned Parenthood, & funding for the ACA.
They aid no to cuts in oil subsidies. Gee Carol, do ya think companies making billions in profits need subsidies??? Your party does.
Just to give you a few examples of duplication - keeping in mind it's only the tip of the iceberg:

*Twenty agencies operating 56 programs dedicated to financial literacy. GAO and agencies canít estimate what they cost.
*The federal government runs 80 economic development programs at four agencies at a cost of $6.5 billion.
*The Department of Transportation spends $58 billion on 100 programs run by five agencies with 6,000 employees that havenít evolved since 1956.
*Fifteen federal agencies administer more than 30 food-related laws.
*At least five departments, eight agencies and more than two dozen presidential appointees oversee $6.48 billion related to bioterrorism.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/03/01/duplicati...

The top ten of a long list of wasteful spending:

1. The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.
2. Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.
3. Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.
4. Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them -- costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.
5. The Congressional Budget Office published a "Budget Options" series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.
6. Examples from multiple Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports of wasteful duplication include 342 economic development programs; 130 programs serving the disabled; 130 programs serving at-risk youth; 90 early childhood development programs; 75 programs funding international education, cultural, and training exchange activities; and 72 safe water programs.
7. Washington will spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.
8. A GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples of taxpayer-funded purchases include gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, Xboxes, jewelry, Internet dating services, and Hawaiian vacations. In one extraordinary example, the Postal Service spent $13,500 on one dinner at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, including "over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold." The 81 guests consumed an average of $167 worth of food and drink apiece.
9. Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
10. The Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009...

Wouldn't it be nice if the Democrats joined the Republicans in saying enough waste and duplication?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#650556 May 25, 2012
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go libweenie - vent that hate & frustration.
What would you do without this Topix thread to waste your life away on!!
That's it! More hate!! Go for it libweenie!!!
Calm down, you're gonna have a stroke. Sit back and count to ten then have a nice cold glass of lemonade. Afterall who doesn't like to a nice cold glass of lemonade on a hot sunny day?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#650557 May 25, 2012
Wait until Peppy gets back to find his desk out in the parking lot.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#650558 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood you to mean the WTC bombers were the 9/11 hijackers.
If I misunderstood, a thousand apologies.
However, a lot of good that did - arresting the few who first bombed the Twin Towers - so that the enemy could begin plotting an even bigger attack on 9/11.
See what happens when good men do nothing? Evil prevails. Just like they say it does.
'See what happens when good men do nothing? Evil prevails. Just like they say it does.'

This is why I cannot stop posting on this thread. I fear if I do evil(rightwingers) will prevail.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#650559 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"Aha" as in, "Dang! I should have known that long before now!"
Besides, I have senior moments. A lot different.
For the record you have A LOT of senior moments then.
carol

Windermere, FL

#650560 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 cost $6 TRILLION???
Boy, that Bush ... what a friggin genius!
Yeah and the 111 democrats who said, "You go bush! You have my vote!"

The deficit has been increasing by a significant amount every year for decades. And, yes, the global economy being dramatically interrupted by 9/11 and having to get it back up and running again and finally going after the bad guys so you possibly won't be the next victim being video taped jumping off a high building did cost some money.

By how much has Obama increased the deficit in less than 4 years again? And what exactly do we have to show for it?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#650561 May 25, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Dingaling Norton.
Does the Blackstone Group, Solyndra and Sanjay Wagle ring a bell?
If you don't think big corporations are funding Obama's campaign and have not been in bed with this administration, you, too, a lot more stupid than I thought.
Are there any smart liberals on here?
Actually, Carol, the really smart liberals don't bother reading your repetitive dittoheaded snarkiness any more. Almost all national politicians are bought these days; I just want to make sure I vote for the ones who were worth it.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#650562 May 25, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
he'll go on forever!
He's that fkn dumb.
Kinda wierd. Lol. It seems important to him to have someone who coined the phrase "Power to the People" be his spokesman. Wonder why.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#650563 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The stimulus did not fail at all. It lowered the unemployment rate 1 1/2% & helped turn a shrinking economy into a growing one.
2) AIG insured all the financial institutions against certain losses. Bailing out AIG was merely a mechanism to help keep all their clients from failing.
3) We will the bulk of our GM money back. Meanwhile we are not paying for their unemployment or getting stick paying their pension program.
4) Solyndra was a good investment at the time. If you don't know this, you're am idiot.
5) Moving away from oil is nothing but GOOD for this country. Just think if those hundreds of billions that leave our borders every year for oil, could be spent in our economy. We do not have the oil reserves to supply all our oil needs regardless of what the moronic right says.
"real Dave"
You are full of manure. The stimulus bill did not lower the unemployment rate by 1 1/2%. I know you do not want to recall but remember when president nobama said pass my stimulus bill and the unemployment rate will not exceed 8%. It was less than 8% when he lied, now for what 39 months in a row it has been over 8%.
Cut the crap.
Peace
KMA
PS: Can hardly wait to see how you dodge and dance on this one. Oh, I know it is Bush's fault
carol

Windermere, FL

#650564 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>For the record you have A LOT of senior moments then.
A few. But don't worry, you're turn will roll around. From what I gather, it won't be that long.

It's not that I forget stuff, it's just that there's so much up there, some of it spills out.
carol

Windermere, FL

#650565 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'See what happens when good men do nothing? Evil prevails. Just like they say it does.'
This is why I cannot stop posting on this thread. I fear if I do evil(rightwingers) will prevail.
Just proves how limited your understanding of real evil is.

Best to keep it to yourself so as to not embarrass yourself any more than is necessary.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#650566 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do spending bills originate?
"dumos"
I beleive the house passed a spending bill and Reid and the democrat senate will not bring it up for vote. You forgot that little fact? Just once be hones, quit being a liberaltariandemocrat troll.
Peace
KMA
carol

Windermere, FL

#650567 May 25, 2012
Homer wrote:
Wait until Peppy gets back to find his desk out in the parking lot.
He'll probably just put up a table umbrella and enjoy being in the great outdoors and someplace you're not.

But, then again, he might get so angry, he'll rip up your Nancy Pelosi posters.
carol

Windermere, FL

#650568 May 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Carol, the really smart liberals don't bother reading your repetitive dittoheaded snarkiness any more. Almost all national politicians are bought these days; I just want to make sure I vote for the ones who were worth it.
Snarkiness? Moi?

Like the lyrics say in that Animals' song...
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

Probably just comes across that way to liberals such as yourself.

I'm actually as sweet as pie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Guru 184,333
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr WOW bird brain 167,950
Romney version 3.0? 2 hr justhefacts 136
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr Mothra 33,754
Is Obama's 'Election Proximity' Excuse a Snub t... 4 hr Le Duped 31
Team Rubio message: Ready to run 4 hr Cordwainer Trout 8
French left picks presidential runner, Hollande... (Oct '11) 8 hr Swedenforever 8
More from around the web