Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

fred

Milford, CT

#650612 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why you should love him what with keeping up that ol' Republican tradition and all.
Can't figure out why y'all hate him so much, he's just like the folks you vote for.
If its not his politics then what could it possibly be? What was the difference between him and the old white guy John "I am standing" McCain?
I've got it!
He's too tall.
Race card? Really?

Americans have no problem differentiating between the capitalist Romney and Republicans and the communist lizard and Democrats. Only a dullard like you would claim that they were the same. duh

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650613 May 25, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
the little midget is beating off to violence on Muslims.
The religion of Islam that the Muslims suck up to is VIOLENT.

Stonings, beheadings, treating women like property, public lashing, suicide bombing, teaching kids from birth to hate anybody who isn't a Muslim, etc.

You get the picture.

Oops, didn't the Kenyan say at one time that "Islam is a PEACEFUL & TOLERANT religion"

Freaking hilarious.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#650614 May 25, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
One of?
Point taken. But there are lily and Jean.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#650615 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Obama dos a budget & the Senate doesn't vote on it & it's Obama's fault.
The House passes a budget & the Senate doesn't vote on it then its Reid's fault.
Funny how that works.
"Real Dave"
You do dance and dodge. president nobama did not offer a budget. He offered a fantasy, they were pure bullshit. The senate did vote on two of nobama's fantasies and they got zero ayes. nobama is a phoney like you it puts forth crap to appear to comply with his responsibilities, he has nary an honest bone in his body. He accepts no responsibility, everything that does not work, nearly everything he does, is somebody else's fault, usually Bush.
Peace
KMA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#650616 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you are one hopeless piece of sh*t.
I took my time to write a post before explaining why the promise of 8% is a lie but it did not good whatsoever. You just returned to being your dumbass, uneducated self.
My God you right wingers are stupid.
There is a report that was written in early January of 2009 called the Romer Report.
That report, put our before he 4th quarter 2008 numbers came out, estimated that the recession would cause unemployment to reach a max of 9%.(most economists agreed)
BASED ON THAT 9%, THE STIMULUS WOULD HOLD THE RATE TO 8%. If the max was 9, the bill would hold it to 8.
Now, if that just too f*cking difficult for you to grasp??? Are you really this GD dumb?
Shortly after, numbers came out showing the economy shrunk by a much high number than originally thought making that 9% estimate no longer valid.
Te CBO analyzed the results of the stimulus& said it lowered the rate by the amount it was engineered to do. Between 1 & 1 1/2%.
Say there is a big storm coming & they predict 2" of rain. The local dam is of concern & you ask me if it will hold. I say, if it rains 2", the dame will hold. It rains 4 " the dam over flows & breaks. You call me a liar saying I promised that dam would not break.
"Real Dave"
You do dance and dodge. You are the reason the old adage remains valid, "Liars figure and figures lie". president nobama made a statement regarding the unemployment rate, he said it would not exceed 8% if his stimulus bill was passed. That was a lie. As usual you try to blame someone else, nobama is perfect, nobama is always right, all who point out his shortcomings are lacking. You are one who is lacking, lacking honesty.
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Houston, TX

#650617 May 25, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe who you want to believe. If you find the words of someone who was convicted of stealing Lennonís personal effects and diaries after the assassination, and sentenced to five years of probation go for it.
"Mr. Seaman, had stolen so many things from me and wore my husband's clothes immediately when he died and flaunted it around in front of me". Ms. Ono testified.
http://news.google.com/newspapers...
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2002-09-26/ne...
John Lennon's ghoulish gofer admitted on the stand yesterday he was scheming to write a big money tell-all book about the Beatles legend - even before his murder.
Fred Seaman conceded under questioning by lawyers for Yoko Ono that he hoped to parlay his low-level job into a $5 million book of intimate photos and memories of the world-renowned couple.
"[The book agent] has visions of parties and yachts in the Riviera," Seaman wrote in his personal diary as he negotiated a book deal after Lennon's death. "Why not?"
In addition to a book contract, Seaman also said he tried to cut a deal for tacky spinoff merchandise such as records, T-shirts and "John and Yoko dolls."
Yep, go for it.
Many Beatles fans had an intense dislike for the witch Yoko Ono even before the death of John Lennon. The passage of time has not changed the dislike of this evil woman.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650618 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That was pretty good for one handed typing. I'm terrible at typing one handed. You've no idea how long it takes me to type s-e-x-y-a-m-a-t-e-u-r-h-o-u-s- e-w-i-v-e-s-.-c-o-m
Now, I'll have to say, that was pretty funny right there!

LOL

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#650619 May 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Carol, the really smart liberals don't bother reading your repetitive dittoheaded snarkiness any more. Almost all national politicians are bought these days; I just want to make sure I vote for the ones who were worth it.
really smart liberals ? was that a typo ?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#650620 May 25, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
I have never read ANY of her posr.
Take that back!
You are so obsessed with her posr it's rediculous. Hell, you've even asked to see her naked.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#650621 May 25, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe who you want to believe. If you find the words of someone who was convicted of stealing Lennonís personal effects and diaries after the assassination, and sentenced to five years of probation go for it.
"Mr. Seaman, had stolen so many things from me and wore my husband's clothes immediately when he died and flaunted it around in front of me". Ms. Ono testified.
http://news.google.com/newspapers...
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2002-09-26/ne...
John Lennon's ghoulish gofer admitted on the stand yesterday he was scheming to write a big money tell-all book about the Beatles legend - even before his murder.
Fred Seaman conceded under questioning by lawyers for Yoko Ono that he hoped to parlay his low-level job into a $5 million book of intimate photos and memories of the world-renowned couple.
"[The book agent] has visions of parties and yachts in the Riviera," Seaman wrote in his personal diary as he negotiated a book deal after Lennon's death. "Why not?"
In addition to a book contract, Seaman also said he tried to cut a deal for tacky spinoff merchandise such as records, T-shirts and "John and Yoko dolls."
Yep, go for it.
Forget seamen, go back and read my post where lennon was quoted.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650622 May 25, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawaii's 'VERIFICATION OF BIRTH' Document Raises Suspicion!
Friday, May 25, 2012
Talking Points Memo ^| May 25, 2012 | Talking Points Memo
Here's the official 'Verification of Birth' document submitted by Hawaii's Department of Health to the State of Arizona in response to SoS Ken Bennett's request for verification of Obama's birth, allegedly in Hawaii.Note that Obama's alleged DAY OF BIRTH IS OMITTED from the listed items. Shouldn't the DAY of Obama's birth be present in this document?Now, if Obama can be proven to not have been born in Hawaii, it would seem Alvin T. Onaka Ph.D. would have some 'splaining to do.. Unlike the 'official' birth certificate released by the White House, at least there's no 'smiley face' drawn into the...
Slowly, but surely, the plastic mask is starting to crack around the edges of the Kenyan's phoney face !

I love it.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#650623 May 25, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Slowly, but surely, the plastic mask is starting to crack around the edges of the Kenyan's phoney face !
I love it.
It's the economy, a subject that Obama cannot talk about. His latest lame attempt to claim restraint on spending is not credible to anybody.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650624 May 25, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the economy, a subject that Obama cannot talk about. His latest lame attempt to claim restraint on spending is not credible to anybody.
Exactly.

Nothing this Kenyan phoney says is credible..........he can't even speak without stumbling & stammering without the infamous TELEPROMPTER telling him what to say!

A real empty suit stooge for sure.......sorta like a programmed robot !

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#650625 May 25, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Carol, the really smart liberals don't bother reading your repetitive dittoheaded snarkiness any more. Almost all national politicians are bought these days; I just want to make sure I vote for the ones who were worth it.
is this an admission that your a really dumb liberal? obviously you read her post

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650626 May 25, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so obsessed with her posr it's rediculous. Hell, you've even asked to see her naked.
Surely not !?
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#650627 May 25, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The religion of Islam that the Muslims suck up to is VIOLENT.
Stonings, beheadings, treating women like property, public lashing, suicide bombing, teaching kids from birth to hate anybody who isn't a Muslim, etc.
You get the picture.
Oops, didn't the Kenyan say at one time that "Islam is a PEACEFUL & TOLERANT religion"
Freaking hilarious.
LOL...little "d" dem loves Muslims.

He has a picture of Keith Ellison over his bed.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#650628 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Shining Moron.
I see you have nothing but insults with no facts.
Typical GOP Troll.
Face the facts.
YOURS is the party which led us into two Great Depressions, a war by lies, gave the green light to torture prisoners and is the party of Wall Street rip-offs.
NOTHING you say can make your pig-sty of a party better than ours, no matter how loud you shout, carnival barker.
No go silent on me and see if I care. My boot will still be up your crybaby GOP butt just the same.
Yoo gotta purty mouth, boy. Squeal like a pig, to!

Redneck Progressives like you are harmless. A Big Mouth, hot air and smug juvenile rhetoric might appear entertaining at Socialist rallies on Rodeo Drive or in a Hoboken JHS basketball rally but they lack any rational substance that might appeal to adult Americans.
I don't have a Party, dood. But when I see any social scourge movement ruining my country, I will run with any other creature during a forest fire.

Use that Pink Boot as an enema, doody.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#650629 May 25, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget seamen, go back and read my post where lennon was quoted.
Lennon was very happy as a 1%er. Imagine that.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#650630 May 25, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Real Dave"
You do dance and dodge. You are the reason the old adage remains valid, "Liars figure and figures lie". president nobama made a statement regarding the unemployment rate, he said it would not exceed 8% if his stimulus bill was passed. That was a lie. As usual you try to blame someone else, nobama is perfect, nobama is always right, all who point out his shortcomings are lacking. You are one who is lacking, lacking honesty.
Peace
KMA
The 8% was based on the 9% ceiling referring to that report.

I knew you were too f*cking stupid to get it.

Peace gfy

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#650631 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
And why was voting for Obama a mistake.
Let me guess.
He's "ruined" the economy you Republicans already wrecked.
Nope. He's playing a fiddle while Rome burns.

And blaming it on the Republicans.

You dance cute to a Nero fiddle, doody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min HILLARY 2016 180,212
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min FastandFurious 187,787
News Carter gets cold shoulder in Israel 6 hr RayOne 2
News Party faithful watch as Hillary Clinton fights ... (Mar '08) 6 hr RayOne 36
News Smile. We love you. We hate you. At the same time (Jul '09) 10 hr Kiss Me Quick 44
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 14 hr swedenforever 29
News John Kasich: WH run 'looks pretty good' 19 hr goonsquad 4
More from around the web