Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
606,801 - 606,820 of 1,079,665 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Lord Fetch

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor lush got her feelings hurt. Good. Crying to dem about it just makes you look stupid.
pot>> kettle>> black
Lord Fetch

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't help but notice that you have nothing to say.
Kinda just trolling around like your husband gunner.
Hee hee.
didn't those two just get married?

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" By 1980, Lennon had long since soured on the radical leftist politics of his youth, telling Playboy’s David Sheff in his last major interview that he “dabbled in so-called politics in the late ‘60s and ‘70s more out of guilt than anything. Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn’t enough and you have to go and get shot or something, or get punched in the face, to prove I’m one of the people. I was doing it against my instincts.”
Disillusioned with harsh, overreaching Yippies like Jerry Rubin and Abbie Hoffman, Lennon now emphasized individual responsibility rather than collective political action.“Produce your own dream,” he told Sheff.“If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It’s quite possible to do anything, but not if you put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don’t expect Carter or Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself.”"
Makes more sense. That's him.
Lord Fetch

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" By 1980, Lennon had long since soured on the radical leftist politics of his youth, telling Playboy’s David Sheff in his last major interview that he “dabbled in so-called politics in the late ‘60s and ‘70s more out of guilt than anything. Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn’t enough and you have to go and get shot or something, or get punched in the face, to prove I’m one of the people. I was doing it against my instincts.”
Disillusioned with harsh, overreaching Yippies like Jerry Rubin and Abbie Hoffman, Lennon now emphasized individual responsibility rather than collective political action.“Produce your own dream,” he told Sheff.“If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It’s quite possible to do anything, but not if you put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don’t expect Carter or Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself.”"
he said SAVE peru...not F*CK peru. clearly not a republican.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
still hoping they take down the Romneycare huh?
Hope your pre existing diabetes will be covered with that voucher.
But you'll still have that 401k to pay medical bills.
That will last about a month.
If you speak to people from Mass, the only thing good about Romney was Romneycare; and he won't talk about it. If he had a spine, he'd take credit for it, recognize gay marriage, go on national tv like a leader and give a speech against the birthers and racism.
But, that'll never happen.
Lord Fetch

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
the money he'll make doing interviews on fox news.
BINGO!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
feel we have heard the last re: certain topics from a certain female?
Doubt it.
Can you believe that man confessed to killing that boy in NY 30 years ago? Etan Patz? someone has been missing from here lately!!
Lord Fetch

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
You mean the ones that got us here?
Lol!
Carol is dumb fun.
the first three words, "I Trust Republicans...." are funny enough!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He could make lots of money from his personal effects. How woukd he make money by making up that claim?
Talk about blank Czechs..

Since: May 11

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust Republicans will do everything within their power to save us from total ruin.
They're the only ones who get the party's over. They aren't in love with the status quo and think spending even more on the same wasteful government programs will make everything go away.
You get it though, don't you? You're smarter than you let on, right?
Based on what?

Their record???

Their last President took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years.

Since they have done nothing to help.

Face it Carol, if the guy has the big R, you're voting for him.

It didn't matter if it was Donald Trump, Perry Gingrich, Romney. If they got that R, it's all you need.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't help but notice that you have nothing to say.
Kinda just trolling around like your husband gunner.
Hee hee.
Would you be happier if i made up some stupid milk carton fantasy?
JEB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If you speak to people from Mass, the only thing good about Romney was Romneycare; and he won't talk about it. If he had a spine, he'd take credit for it, recognize gay marriage, go on national tv like a leader and give a speech against the birthers and racism.
But, that'll never happen.
Romney aide...
"Fehrnstrom was asked on CNN Wednesday whether he was concerned that Romney’s prolonged fight with Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would force him to “tack so far to the right it would hurt him with moderate voters in the general election.”

“Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign,” Fehrnstrom responded.“Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all of over again.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what?
Their record???
Their last President took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years.
Since they have done nothing to help.
Face it Carol, if the guy has the big R, you're voting for him.
It didn't matter if it was Donald Trump, Perry Gingrich, Romney. If they got that R, it's all you need.
I think Romney will pick Da Donald for VP, what do you think?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
while emaam was being raised as an ignorant child in Dumbfkistan, he thought the Monkees were the Beatles.
LOL! Hilarious
JEB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about blank Czechs..
"Ivana was the only Check(spelling :-)) Donald bounced "

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I read some of the retard night shifts stuff.
I was pleased to see gunner and emaam wallowing in the muck with their peers.
Night shift is for lonely loser azzholes.
Afternoon (slightly), all you people in your (can't even use the word right for sane any more) capable minds. Did you notice Don't Snow Me has piled (appropriate term)up about 600 posts in three days as Westerner? If Sybil was a hoax, what does that make some of the loonies here? On the bright side, they don't have a Harvard reunion page to update their status to prisoner like the Unibomber.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney aide...
"Fehrnstrom was asked on CNN Wednesday whether he was concerned that Romney’s prolonged fight with Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum would force him to “tack so far to the right it would hurt him with moderate voters in the general election.”
“Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign,” Fehrnstrom responded.“Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all of over again.”
Gingrich provided a wealth of material to use against Romney, I'm not fond of Gingrich, but he was telling the truth.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You can google Hewlitt-Packard cuts to learn that many of the cuts will be achieved through normal retirements, transfers etc. and the process will take two years or more ending in 2014 if things go as planned.
That is why I asked earlier if our pal Flack had read the entire article or simply the headline and I forget how he responded because I really don't give a fuk about him any more or most others here. This thread went to shyte about 5 minutes after DB showed up and my life is much better for staying away.
I do read a little here and there, you and a few others, for old times sake.
Thanks Realtime, so not all gloom and doom as portrayed by Flackstredomus, go figure. Don't let that moron DBwriter or jackass john galt keep you away, I prefer your posts to theirs, I'm sure most decent, sane people do.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He could make lots of money from his personal effects. How woukd he make money by making up that claim?
What exactly were Lennon’s political views at the end of 1980? Late that November, Lennon spoke out on behalf of striking workers in Los Angeles and San Francisco. The strike was against Japan Foods Corporation, a subsidiary of the Japanese multinational Kikkoman, best known for its soy sauce. The US workers, primarily Japanese, were members of the Teamsters. In LA and San Francisco, they went on strike for higher wages. The shop steward of the LA local, Shinya Ono, persuaded John and Yoko to make a public statement addressed to the striking workers:

“We are with you in spirit.… In this beautiful country where democracy is the very foundation of its constitution, it is sad that we have to still fight for equal rights and equal pay for the citizens. Boycott it must be, if it is the only way to bring justice and restore the dignity of the constitution for the sake of all citizens of the US and their children.

“Peace and love, John Lennon and Yoko Ono. New York City, December, 1980.”

That was Lennon’s last written political statement. It doesn’t seem to be the work of a “closet Republican.”

In what turned out to be Lennon’s last interview, with RKO radio the afternoon of the day he was shot, he talked about “the opening up of the sixties.” He said “Maybe in the sixties we were naïve and like children and later everyone when back to their rooms and said,‘we didn’t get a wonderful world of flowers and peace.… the world is a nasty horrible place because it didn’t give us everything we cried for.’ Right? Crying for it wasn’t enough.

“The thing the sixties did was show us the possibility and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn’t the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.”

That interview was his last. Six hours later he was killed.

Fred Seaman tried to cash in on his Lennon connection with an earlier book, published twenty years ago. That one has been forgotten. This story will be too.

Jon Wienner

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••