Top Obama campaign donor accused of fraud

Apr 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Deseret News

President Barack Obama speaks at a campaign fundraiser at the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vt., Friday, March, 30, 2012.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2012
Autiger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Amazing.. President Obama was going to change Washington.. Oh I forgot it's George Bush's fault
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Obama is the only presidential contender this year who released his list of "bundlers," the financiers who raise campaign money by soliciting high-dollar contributions from friends and associates. But that disclosure has not come without snags; his campaign returned $200,000 last month to Carlos and Alberto Cardona, the brothers of a Mexican fugitive wanted on federal drug charges.

You can't possibly screen everyone who donates to your campaign, before they make a contribution, unless you solicit the contribution, the article doesn't say.

The "only" one to release a list?

Why isn't that surprising?
Thanks, citizens/corporations United.
John

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Ever hear of Anthony Rezko or Bill Aires. None of this is surprising. Obama is the most corrupt of all. Give it time and you'll see.
bailout my duck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

its not fraud if they think its for the greater good to themselves dont you know they know whats better for everyone elses hard earned dollar
bob smith

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
Obama is the only presidential contender this year who released his list of "bundlers," the financiers who raise campaign money by soliciting high-dollar contributions from friends and associates. But that disclosure has not come without snags; his campaign returned $200,000 last month to Carlos and Alberto Cardona, the brothers of a Mexican fugitive wanted on federal drug charges.
You can't possibly screen everyone who donates to your campaign, before they make a contribution, unless you solicit the contribution, the article doesn't say.
McCain gave Obama 99cent is dat ok ;-000

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
Top Obama aides defendS Russia over Romney...THE MARXIST OBAMA JUST CAN’T GET AWAY FROM HIS ROOTS…………………….TREASON IS THE REASON FOR GETTING THE MARXIST OUT OF THE OVAL OFFICE.

JACK GILLUM
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP)-- A major donor to President Barack Obama has been accused of defrauding a businessman and impersonating a bank official, creating new headaches for Obama's re-election campaign as it deals with the questionable history of another top supporter.
The New York donor, Abake Assongba, and her husband contributed more than $50,000 to Obama's re-election effort this year, federal records show. But Assongba is also fending off a civil court case in Florida, where she's accused of thieving more than $650,000 to help build a multimillion-dollar home in the state - a charge her husband denies.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

The Laughing Lobotomy spamming today with his Le Jimbo avatar wrote:
<quoted text>
Top Obama aides defendS Russia over Romney...THE MARXIST OBAMA JUST CAN’T GET AWAY FROM HIS ROOTS…………………….TREASON IS THE REASON FOR GETTING THE MARXIST OUT OF THE OVAL OFFICE.
JACK GILLUM
Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP)-- A major donor to President Barack Obama has been accused of defrauding a businessman and impersonating a bank official, creating new headaches for Obama's re-election campaign as it deals with the questionable history of another top supporter.
The New York donor, Abake Assongba, and her husband contributed more than $50,000 to Obama's re-election effort this year, federal records show. But Assongba is also fending off a civil court case in Florida, where she's accused of thieving more than $650,000 to help build a multimillion-dollar home in the state - a charge her husband denies.
LOL!!! Boy, you teabaggers are stupid! Since when is an accusation a conviction?

The accused will have a trial. If found guilty, the donation will be returned or given to charity.

That should happen by the 2020 election cycle. LOL!!!
LLLlllllaaaaaaaa AAA

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Boy, you teabaggers are stupid! Since when is an accusation a conviction?
The accused will have a trial. If found guilty, the donation will be returned or given to charity.
they should have a 'pathetic''judge it' icon for sheepbots like you
Patriot

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
...your logo should be "Im a Great Big Dikk"...bahahaha..yo mamas a Tbagger!
John

Homosassa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

poo poo should be on here soon as his other screen name phoney marine ... "marine corp pat"

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

LLLlllllaaaaaaaaAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
they should have a 'pathetic''judge it' icon for sheepbots like you
LOL!!! I'm just exercising my First Amendment rights, as part of being the great American I am. To hate that is to hate America.

You don't hate America, do you?

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>...your logo should be "Im a Great Big Dikk"...bahahaha..yo mamas a Tbagger!
...but it says "I'm a great American"!

Don't take my word for it, have somebody read it to you...
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

bob smith wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain gave Obama 99cent is dat ok ;-000
Dat ok;-000.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
JACK GILLUM
Associated Press

Accused?
Good, I'm glad it was exposed.
Why was it exposed?
Because Obama released a list.
Will a republican donor ever be "exposed"?
No, because their list are still SECRET.
Thanks citizens/corporations united.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
When you name is Trayvon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••