Clinic tied to Bachmann questioned over therapies

Jul 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KARE-TV Minneapolis

A gay activist's undercover video is drawing unwanted attention to a counseling clinic co-owned by GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann, with footage apparently showing a counselor offering to help the activist overcome his homosexual urges.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

This is directed to the many idiots that have posted in this thread so far; the "counseling" that Mrs. Bachmann's clinic is advocating is condemned as ineffective and dangerous by the American Psychological Association and the American Medical Association--this is the kind of shit that doctors lose their licenses over. They are violating ethic laws by perpetuating a particular religion too by the way, as a psychologist they have to work within the spiritual framework and morals of their patient.

That's why this is a big deal.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jul 15, 2011
 
Would Bachmann's clinic have the right to refuse service to some one?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Chuckie wrote:
Would Bachmann's clinic have the right to refuse service to some one?
Yes, to Anne Coulter. They wouldn't know what to do about her.
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, to Anne Coulter. They wouldn't know what to do about her.
Would any clinic know what to do with Ann Coulter other than a nut house?

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Coy91 wrote:
This is directed to the many idiots that have posted in this thread so far; the "counseling" that Mrs. Bachmann's clinic is advocating is condemned as ineffective and dangerous by the American Psychological Association and the American Medical Association--this is the kind of shit that doctors lose their licenses over. They are violating ethic laws by perpetuating a particular religion too by the way, as a psychologist they have to work within the spiritual framework and morals of their patient.
That's why this is a big deal.
So get another counselor. That is simple.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

anti obiden wrote:
2012 - just ask the mulsim yap yap yap blah blah blah
Whoop-dee-doo, another birther starts puking on the thread trying to change the subject. Oh BTW, it's spelled "Muslim", not "mulsim". You're welcome.
Bringmedinner

Williamstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

It should bother people, that homosexuals have such a sway over Topix, that once an intelligent interchange of research and opinion starts to dismantle the homosexual validation, the message board is deleted. In this case, although the main US News page shows that 38 posts exist in the now zeroed-out board, the board is vacant. Occasionally, the brainwashing intent of homosexual dominated boards becomes evident. How sad for Topix. What are they afraid of?

The board in question...
http://www.topix.net/us/2011/07/bachmanns-hus...
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bringmedinner wrote:
It should bother people, that homosexuals have such a sway over Topix, that once an intelligent interchange of research and opinion yap yap yap blah blah blah
You seem to be confusing a barrage of vulgar and off-topic ad hominems that violate Topix's TOS with "an intelligent interchange of research and opinion". Get over yourself.
Right side of America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoop-dee-doo, another birther starts puking on the thread trying to change the subject. Oh BTW, it's spelled "Muslim", not "mulsim". You're welcome.
hey lefty, watching how the NOW national organization of Women will respond to the first woman president. we have two great Americans Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin ! They are a good bet to win and the left is running for cover.
Bringmedinner

Williamstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be confusing a barrage of vulgar and off-topic ad hominems that violate Topix's TOS with "an intelligent interchange of research and opinion". Get over yourself.
There were absolutely no vulgar, nor off-topic hominems. You are a liar. Truth and research terrify you. Topix had many examples of vulgarity, but that board was exemplary only of research and moderate opinion.
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Both Marcus and Michele Bachmann have built their careers and lives appealing to the evangelical right. It will be interesting to see them try to distance themselves from their base in order to appeal to a broader audience. What sells in Minnesota's 6th district won't sell coast to coast. Good luck with that.
Bringmedinner

Williamstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

In every one of the many State, where the question of homosexual assertions of "rights" has been voted upon by the public, every one of those referendums has resulted in sound rejection of the homosexual as relevant, legal, or moral in civilization. It's not only Minnesota.
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bringmedinner wrote:
In every one of the many State, where the question of homosexual assertions of "rights" has been voted upon by the public, every one of those referendums has resulted in sound rejection of the homosexual as relevant, legal, or moral in civilization. It's not only Minnesota.
Should all civil liberties be subject to a majority vote?
Chuckie

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Maybe medicaid should only pay for major medical expenses only?
Bringmedinner

Williamstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ForReal wrote:
<quoted text>
Should all civil liberties be subject to a majority vote?
Not once has any vote had to do with civil liberties, but pervert liberties... attempts either to legitimize, or de-legitimize certain behavior.
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once has any vote had to do with civil liberties, but pervert liberties... attempts either to legitimize, or de-legitimize certain behavior.
One person's pervert is another person's loved one. Theocratic government would be as far from the "American Way" as you could get. We fight against it in the Middle East every day while a certain faction here fight to install it in our own system. Be careful what you wish for.
equal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bringmedinner wrote:
In every one of the many State, where the question of homosexual assertions of "rights" has been voted upon by the public, every one of those referendums has resulted in sound rejection of the homosexual as relevant, legal, or moral in civilization. It's not only Minnesota.
Not true. Ca. prop 6 was defeated as was the first AZ marriage equality prohibition. But popular opinion should never be used for determing equal rights. Slavery, segregation, and interracial marriage prohibitions would not have ended when they did if they had depended on popular opinion. As James Madison said:“It is of great importance in a republic not only to guard the society against the oppression of its rulers, but to guard one part of the society against the injustice of the other part … If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure.”

The U.S. Supreme Court said: "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Since: Aug 09

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Bringmedinner wrote:
It should bother people, that homosexuals have such a sway over Topix....
Aw, sniffle.

Sexually disordered, defaming, pogrom seeking homophobes just can't get a break these days. The bigots are the true victims.

Wonder what you'd say if we passed laws saying talibangelical rejects couldn't marry or serve openly in the armed forces, Jethro.

Since: Aug 09

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, to Anne Coulter. They wouldn't know what to do about her.
You seem to be sadly uninformed about "The Horse Whisperer" and the new documentary about him, "Buck."
Savage

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jul 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

anti obiden wrote:
2012 - just ask the mulsim boy about his birth - and for the record his mother is white - so he is not black or white, multi racial.
<quoted text>
I'm glad you only typed one sentence because we all know the fool you are from the few words you were able to put together. Ugh, Dope with a capital "D" for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••