Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Comments (Page 1,425)

Showing posts 28,481 - 28,500 of30,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29650
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/ClimateChang...
So far, 2012 has averaged 2.8C above the mean for the 1960-2012 period. The current warmest year on record is 1998 at +1.8C above the mean. The annual water temperature has been increasing at 0.29C per decade since 1960.
Perhaps more stunning is the decrease in number of days with a water temperature of 32F during that period. These readings are taken 35' below the surface, so when the surface is covered or substantially covered in ice, the water temperature is usually 32. The chart shows that the annual number of 32F readings has been decreasing at a rate of over 1 day per year! In recent years, the rate of change appears to be increasing. Both 2012 and 1998 had 0 such days, while 2002 had just one. By contrast, 1964 had 139 days, and 1971 138 days.
These graphics show an umistakable warming of the Lake Erie climate system. As the region continues to experience warming, winter ice coverage will continue its marked decline. The decrease in ice cover will itself greatly affect the climate of surrounding areas. This will be accomplished by two means:(1) the warmer, open waters will better modify arctic airmasses moving southeast from Canada; and (2) the warmer, open waters will contribute to increased cloudiness & precipitation, which will make conditions less favorable for extreme cold.
Actually if you look further into the past you discover a cycle of water temperatures in the lake. The funny thing is if you go back further than the 1960 you discover that 1960's was a low point in lake temperatures. That before that the temperatures in the lake had been falling That lake temperatures normally fall below 32 in december and are like that till may.

The fact is that lake temperatures are still running about average. That they are not at record and the average number of days where the water temp is below 32 is about the same.

What we are seeing is a caveman reaching hard to come up with something. Something where he can claim that this is the result of man.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29651
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
http://seagrant.psu.edu/extension/climate/inv...
You're lying.
http://www.cier.umd.edu/climateadaptation/Cli...
You're lying.
http://ucsusa.org/assets/documents/global_war...
Funny thing is, there's your facts, dumass. Actually. After all.
Did you even bother to look at who did actually wrote them. Actually read what was written. I really love the first one. Even more so since the NOAA's own data debunks that power point presentation.

What you are seeing is the annual budget crunch, please don't cut our funding because we are doing really important things. Or in other words fiction.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29652
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if you look further into the past you discover a cycle of water temperatures in the lake. The funny thing is if you go back further than the 1960 you discover that 1960's was a low point in lake temperatures. That before that the temperatures in the lake had been falling That lake temperatures normally fall below 32 in december and are like that till may.
The fact is that lake temperatures are still running about average. That they are not at record and the average number of days where the water temp is below 32 is about the same.
What we are seeing is a caveman reaching hard to come up with something. Something where he can claim that this is the result of man.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
Twisty Teener! If you twisted that much in bed, you never would have gotten pregnant.

You links don't prove much. The temp of the lake today could be the same it was on this date 40 years ago, but the AVERAGE temperature is a different thing; and it's up.

However, if you check the highest temperatures recorded on certain days, you'll find some 79's and 80's. High wintertime temperatures push the average up, and you probably weren't swimming in Erie in December or March.

Good thing too, the brain damage from the chemicals is bad enough.

Funny thing is, after all, actually.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29653
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even bother to look at who did actually wrote them. Actually read what was written. I really love the first one. Even more so since the NOAA's own data debunks that power point presentation.
What you are seeing is the annual budget crunch, please don't cut our funding because we are doing really important things. Or in other words fiction.
Funny thing is, Twisty Teener, the Valley Girl, actually forgot to include any debunking she claims, after all.

The brain damage from swimming in the pollution of Lake Erie when she was a widdle girl makes her think that she knows more than scientists living near the Great Lakes who have been studying the Lakes for decades.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29655
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Twisty Teener! If you twisted that much in bed, you never would have gotten pregnant.
You links don't prove much. The temp of the lake today could be the same it was on this date 40 years ago, but the AVERAGE temperature is a different thing; and it's up.
However, if you check the highest temperatures recorded on certain days, you'll find some 79's and 80's. High wintertime temperatures push the average up, and you probably weren't swimming in Erie in December or March.
Good thing too, the brain damage from the chemicals is bad enough.
Funny thing is, after all, actually.
And yet you are unable to provide any proof while I was able to provide links to water temperature reading all the way back to 1927. When examining all those reading I noticed that your claims that the averages did change. Sometimes they went up and sometimes they went down. Of course I am not surprised you didn't want to know that sometimes the average lake water temperature has dropped. How dramatic would it sound if you had to admit that it isn't warming. Of course you missed something even more important. Higher snowfalls provide more water for crops. Add that to a warmer winter as that cold air would be warmed if passing over the lakes and New York would be far better off. After all, snow melts and those warm periods in january would mean full lakes and dams.

As for what I was doing in the winter on the lake, it was called ice fishing. Or in other words freezing my butt off. Funny thing is people still do that even now. They were doing it last winter.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29656
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is, Twisty Teener, the Valley Girl, actually forgot to include any debunking she claims, after all.
The brain damage from swimming in the pollution of Lake Erie when she was a widdle girl makes her think that she knows more than scientists living near the Great Lakes who have been studying the Lakes for decades.
I love insults. Nothing tells the world that someone is losing more than the need to fall back on insults.

All I can say after reading that post was score another one for little old me.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29657
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I love insults. Nothing tells the world that someone is losing more than the need to fall back on insults.
All I can say after reading that post was score another one for little old me.
Wrong again LESS THAN A BOX OF ROCKS. No insults here just the truth. But you couldn't see fact from fiction because your LESS THAN A BOX OF ROCKS. Hay good to see you out from that office cleaning thing you do we all need a good laugh and free entertainment from you.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29658
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you are unable to provide any proof while I was able to provide links to water temperature reading all the way back to 1927. When examining all those reading I noticed that your claims that the averages did change. Sometimes they went up and sometimes they went down. Of course I am not surprised you didn't want to know that sometimes the average lake water temperature has dropped. How dramatic would it sound if you had to admit that it isn't warming. Of course you missed something even more important. Higher snowfalls provide more water for crops. Add that to a warmer winter as that cold air would be warmed if passing over the lakes and New York would be far better off. After all, snow melts and those warm periods in january would mean full lakes and dams.
As for what I was doing in the winter on the lake, it was called ice fishing. Or in other words freezing my butt off. Funny thing is people still do that even now. They were doing it last winter.
You're lying again.

You are what is known as a bald-faced liar.

You lie so blatantly in the face of the facts that we could assume that you are being paid to lie.

Or are you just stupid from the pollution-induced brain damage?

So what? Teener, Valley Girl, Sarah Palin impersonator, Michelle Bachman wannabe, actually idiot, after all; is it stupidity or whoring?

Funny thing is, I think it's stupidity.

Funny thing is, we haven't seen you show anything proving temps are the same or lower.

Funny thing is, you think you can lie and no one will notice.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29659
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I love insults. Nothing tells the world that someone is losing more than the need to fall back on insults.
All I can say after reading that post was score another one for little old me.
Not insults but the truth.

Funny thing is you haven't addressed my claim with any actual numbers.

Funny thing is thinking you've scored when you've actually lost..........after all.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29660
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not insults but the truth.
Funny thing is you haven't addressed my claim with any actual numbers.
Funny thing is thinking you've scored when you've actually lost..........after all.
The Less than a Box of Rocks couldn't answer an eight grade math question. You may want to lower your expectations to a level lower than Pre K level.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29661
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again.
You are what is known as a bald-faced liar.
You lie so blatantly in the face of the facts that we could assume that you are being paid to lie.
Or are you just stupid from the pollution-induced brain damage?
So what? Teener, Valley Girl, Sarah Palin impersonator, Michelle Bachman wannabe, actually idiot, after all; is it stupidity or whoring?
Funny thing is, I think it's stupidity.
Funny thing is, we haven't seen you show anything proving temps are the same or lower.
Funny thing is, you think you can lie and no one will notice.
Who had links to a table of water temps dating back to 1927 showing all the water temps, and showing the high low and average for every day of the year. Facts don't lie.

Meanwhile all you seem to have left are lies and insults.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29662
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not insults but the truth.
Funny thing is you haven't addressed my claim with any actual numbers.
Funny thing is thinking you've scored when you've actually lost..........after all.
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29663
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
If you had any sense you would see that they are not insults. You do not posses the knowledge to discern between the two. There you have your Less Than a Box of Rocks. Hay do answer we enjoy the free entertainment it save us a lot of money. Maybe you should be a stand up comedian you’re not making it here.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29664
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
OK, lets look.

From the tables in your first link, for Lake Erie, for example:

June 30, 1927, 65 degrees
June 30, 2012, 71 degrees

July 30, 1927, 70 degrees
July 30, 2012, 74 degrees

August 12, 1927, 70 degrees
August 12, 2012, 75 degrees

You've got the numbers alright, and they prove my point.

Are you really so stupid from the pollution or have you been working at it all these years?
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29665
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
In your dreams you scored a point or two.

PHD is being too kind, calling you less than a box of rocks. You're actually less than less than a box of very dumb rocks who flunked kindergarten.

Funny thing is, actually, you forgot, after all.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29668
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
Numbers like these? Let's try some numbers from months in which you would not be incurring any pollution-induced brain damage from swimming in the cesspool that was Lake Erie in the '70's(unless you were in the polar bear club).

More numbers from your first link:

December 1, 1927, 47 degrees
December 1, 2011, 46 degrees

January 1, 1927, 34 degrees
January 1, 2012, 39 degrees

February 1, 1927, 33 degrees
February 1, 2012, 34 degrees

March 1, 1927, 33 degrees
March 1, 2012, 34 degrees

Let's take a random date each summer month from a year you might have been swimming in the then-cesspool called Lake Erie to address your "temperature is still the same" bullshit argument:

June 12, 1975, 62 degrees
June 12, 2012, 65 degrees

July 12, 1975, 74 degrees
July 12, 2012, 74 degrees

August 12, 1975, 73 degrees
August 12, 2012, 75 degrees

Funny thing is, after all, that even choosing random single days shows temperature going up in most cases. Stay tuned, Actually After All Teener, we'll look at your second link later.

So you "scored" a big loss. And there aren't any insults and lies but the truth that if your brains were muscle, you couldn't break yourself out of a wet paper bag.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29669
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Like a moth to a flame.
menoworry

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29670
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Grandma Earthling-1 wrote:
Like a moth to a flame.
But not as bad as Grandma Earthling-1 to bull shite.
Whew, Grandma, what a bad smell you have.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29671
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
Your second link just shows the highest, lowest, and normal temperatures of the lake for each day of the year. No specific years are shown.

But, of course, actually, the funny thing is, those numbers also show you to be wrong. You said the lake's temperature is still a cool 74 but, funny thing is, the numbers you present show lots of 78's, 79's, and 80's for the summer months.

I suppose, Actually After All Valley Girl Teener, that you have some sort of answer. Of course, funny thing is, we all know it'll be bullshit.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29672
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, lets look.
From the tables in your first link, for Lake Erie, for example:
June 30, 1927, 65 degrees
June 30, 2012, 71 degrees
July 30, 1927, 70 degrees
July 30, 2012, 74 degrees
August 12, 1927, 70 degrees
August 12, 2012, 75 degrees
You've got the numbers alright, and they prove my point.
Are you really so stupid from the pollution or have you been working at it all these years?
Nice but notice on
June 30 1962 that the water temp was 61 degrees
July 30 1962 that the water temp was 69 degrees
August 12 1962 that the water temp was 69 degrees

So according to you the water for example must of been cooler in 1962 than 1927. What it really means is that water temp on any given day in any given year is higher or lower than the average.

Of course you could claim I was cherry picking data but then again you would have to face the same claims yourself. Maybe you should download the data and graph it all out. Of course you will not like what it will tell you. Because it will tell you that you are just trying to make something out of nothing again.

p.s. the reason why I knew to look in 1962 was because I did download all the data and ran the graphs myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,481 - 28,500 of30,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••