Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.
Comments
28,481 - 28,500 of 30,821 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not insults but the truth.
Funny thing is you haven't addressed my claim with any actual numbers.
Funny thing is thinking you've scored when you've actually lost..........after all.
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/laketem...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/laketemps/lktemp....
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean numbers like these. Like I said I scored a point, now it is two. Insults and lies seem to be all you have left.
If you had any sense you would see that they are not insults. You do not posses the knowledge to discern between the two. There you have your Less Than a Box of Rocks. Hay do answer we enjoy the free entertainment it save us a lot of money. Maybe you should be a stand up comedian you’re not making it here.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, lets look.

From the tables in your first link, for Lake Erie, for example:

June 30, 1927, 65 degrees
June 30, 2012, 71 degrees

July 30, 1927, 70 degrees
July 30, 2012, 74 degrees

August 12, 1927, 70 degrees
August 12, 2012, 75 degrees

You've got the numbers alright, and they prove my point.

Are you really so stupid from the pollution or have you been working at it all these years?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams you scored a point or two.

PHD is being too kind, calling you less than a box of rocks. You're actually less than less than a box of very dumb rocks who flunked kindergarten.

Funny thing is, actually, you forgot, after all.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers like these? Let's try some numbers from months in which you would not be incurring any pollution-induced brain damage from swimming in the cesspool that was Lake Erie in the '70's(unless you were in the polar bear club).

More numbers from your first link:

December 1, 1927, 47 degrees
December 1, 2011, 46 degrees

January 1, 1927, 34 degrees
January 1, 2012, 39 degrees

February 1, 1927, 33 degrees
February 1, 2012, 34 degrees

March 1, 1927, 33 degrees
March 1, 2012, 34 degrees

Let's take a random date each summer month from a year you might have been swimming in the then-cesspool called Lake Erie to address your "temperature is still the same" bullshit argument:

June 12, 1975, 62 degrees
June 12, 2012, 65 degrees

July 12, 1975, 74 degrees
July 12, 2012, 74 degrees

August 12, 1975, 73 degrees

Funny thing is, after all, that even choosing random single days shows temperature going up in most cases. Stay tuned, Actually After All Teener, we'll look at your second link later.

So you "scored" a big loss. And there aren't any insults and lies but the truth that if your brains were muscle, you couldn't break yourself out of a wet paper bag.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Like a moth to a flame.
menoworry

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Grandma Earthling-1 wrote:
Like a moth to a flame.
But not as bad as Grandma Earthling-1 to bull shite.
Whew, Grandma, what a bad smell you have.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second link just shows the highest, lowest, and normal temperatures of the lake for each day of the year. No specific years are shown.

But, of course, actually, the funny thing is, those numbers also show you to be wrong. You said the lake's temperature is still a cool 74 but, funny thing is, the numbers you present show lots of 78's, 79's, and 80's for the summer months.

I suppose, Actually After All Valley Girl Teener, that you have some sort of answer. Of course, funny thing is, we all know it'll be bullshit.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, lets look.
From the tables in your first link, for Lake Erie, for example:
June 30, 1927, 65 degrees
June 30, 2012, 71 degrees
July 30, 1927, 70 degrees
July 30, 2012, 74 degrees
August 12, 1927, 70 degrees
You've got the numbers alright, and they prove my point.
Are you really so stupid from the pollution or have you been working at it all these years?
Nice but notice on
June 30 1962 that the water temp was 61 degrees
July 30 1962 that the water temp was 69 degrees
August 12 1962 that the water temp was 69 degrees

So according to you the water for example must of been cooler in 1962 than 1927. What it really means is that water temp on any given day in any given year is higher or lower than the average.

Of course you could claim I was cherry picking data but then again you would have to face the same claims yourself. Maybe you should download the data and graph it all out. Of course you will not like what it will tell you. Because it will tell you that you are just trying to make something out of nothing again.

p.s. the reason why I knew to look in 1962 was because I did download all the data and ran the graphs myself.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second link just shows the highest, lowest, and normal temperatures of the lake for each day of the year. No specific years are shown.
But, of course, actually, the funny thing is, those numbers also show you to be wrong. You said the lake's temperature is still a cool 74 but, funny thing is, the numbers you present show lots of 78's, 79's, and 80's for the summer months.
I suppose, Actually After All Valley Girl Teener, that you have some sort of answer. Of course, funny thing is, we all know it'll be bullshit.
Yes, it is the same place the local weather forecasters get their information when they announce on the air what the record highs/lows and average lake temperatures are.
Keep trying Capt Caveman, I will enjoy pointing at you this winter and reminding you about your snow claims.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

The melting season is now fully under way in the high Arctic. Months of relatively warm temperatures and nearly continuous sunshine have taken their toll on the ice that blankets the Arctic Ocean. By mid-September, the sea ice will reach its low point for the year, before starting its annual re-freeze. All of this is normal, but the conditions scientists are seeing this year are anything but normal.“Right now,” said Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colo., in an interview,“we’re on a record pace for ice loss. If the melt stopped today, we’d have the fourth lowest ice coverage on record.”

According to Serreze and other ice experts, we may be on the verge of an all-time low for Arctic ice coverage. In fact, as of August 12, Arctic sea ice extent had fallen below the level for the date seen in the record melt year of 2007. A new report just out from the Study of Environmental Arctic Change, or SEARCH, forecasts that sea ice coverage should dwindle to just 4.3 million square kilometers by mid-September. If that turns out to be correct it would come very close to beating the all-time record of 4.28 million square kilometers, set in 2007 — and given the uncertainties in the forecast this far out, the 2007 record could easily fall.

Climate Central
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

July was the warmest month on record in the U.S. The average temperature for the month came in at 77.6°F overall, which was 3.3°F higher than the 20th-century average, and 0.2°F warmer than the previous hottest month on record, set in July 1936 back in the Dust Bowl era. This came at the same time as the so-called drought footprint -- the area of the country affected by drought conditions -- reached a record high, and the worst drought since at least 1956 laid waste to hopes for a bumper corn and soybean crop, spurring the Agriculture Department to issue the largest-ever disaster declaration in its history.

Climate Central
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney’s new running mate, has a history of anti-climate science statements and votes, according to Brad Johnson:

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential pick, is a virulent denier of climate science, with a voting record to match.

A favorite of the Koch brothers, Ryan has accused scientists of engaging in conspiracy to “intentionally mislead the public on the issue of climate change.” He has implied that snow invalidates global warming.

Ryan has voted to prevent the Environmental Protection Agency from limiting greenhouse pollution, to eliminate White House climate advisers, to block the U.S. Department of Agriculture from preparing for climate disasters like the drought devastating his home state, and to eliminate the Department of Energy Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA-E).

He has also said there is “growing disagreement among scientists about climate change and its causes.”

In addition to his opposition to meaningful action to reduce global warming pollution, Paul Ryan’s budget called for ”drastic cuts in federal spending on energy research and development and for the outright elimination of subsidies and tax breaks for wind, solar power and other alternative energy technologies.”

Solving the climate crisis requires political leadership that recognizes the serious reality of global warming and fights for policies that move us toward a clean energy economy, not backward.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Jonathan Overpeck wrote:
We have to get rid of the Medieval Warm Period.
"We've got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing …"
Timothy Wirth
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re trying to carry on dialogue with the Less than a Box of Rocks. It can only do the cut and paste thing. Hay the less than Box of Rocks told the world that water freezes at 30 deg. hold on the dirtling will soon join forces the Less than a Box of Rocks in the one child left behind program something they actually have in common.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>"We've got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing …"
Timothy Wirth
If? More useless babble.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

What is a thermal pollutant?
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You’re trying to carry on dialogue with the Less than a Box of Rocks. It can only do the cut and paste thing. Hay the less than Box of Rocks told the world that water freezes at 30 deg. hold on the dirtling will soon join forces the Less than a Box of Rocks in the one child left behind program something they actually have in common.
You should have gotten the education from her that we got.

Actually After All Valley Girl Teener informed us that CAVEMEN built SHIPS on frozen rivers during the winter when THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO.

Funny thing is, I never knew that. Did you?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>"We've got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing …"
Timothy Wirth
Your mantra because you ran out of things to say.

The human-induced climate change is raging while you're mumbling your mantra.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
What is a thermal pollutant?
CO2.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••