Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Comments (Page 1,418)

Showing posts 28,341 - 28,360 of30,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Once more, for the kiddies and vision challenged, a shortened version:
-
"The Earth's climate is dynamic and naturally varies on seasonal, decadal, centennial, and longer timescales. Each "up and down" fluctuation can lead to conditions which are warmer or colder, wetter or drier, more stormy or quiescent."
NOAA
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
Once more, for the kiddies and vision challenged, a shortened version:
-
"The Earth's climate is dynamic and naturally varies on seasonal, decadal, centennial, and longer timescales. Each "up and down" fluctuation can lead to conditions which are warmer or colder, wetter or drier, more stormy or quiescent."
NOAA
Once more, for the senile:

The Earth's natural climate covers all the angles. Describing a climate that has been "enhanced" by global warming covers all the angles.

You said NOAA didn't know, so they were covering all the angles. The fact is, they do know, which means they're covering all the angles.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

For the inquiring minds:

Our species has invented words to deal with the specific climate of their concern. Now that we observe the human-made climate change occurring globally, we find we have to use all the climate terms to describe the current situation and to predict what's ahead for us humans and the environment.

NOAA on Observing Climate Variability and Change:

The Earth's climate is dynamic and naturally varies on seasonal, decadal, centennial, and longer timescales. Each "up and down" fluctuation can lead to conditions which are warmer or colder, wetter or drier, more stormy or quiescent. Analyses of decadal and longer climate records and studies based on climate models suggest that many changes in recent decades can be attributed to human actions; these decadal trends are referred to as climate change. The effects of climate variability and change ripple throughout the environment and society - indeed touching nearly all aspects of the human endeavor and the environment.

http://www.research.noaa.gov/climate/t_observ...
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Muller has finalized his plan to leave the skeptic/denier community.

Watts may move into a mental ward.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Global warming not only is real, but "humans are almost entirely the cause," a self-described former climate change skeptic has declared.

"Call me a converted skeptic," Richard A. Muller, University of California, Berkeley physics professor said in an opinion piece posted online Saturday in The New York Times.

Muller in October released results from the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) project, set up for global warming skeptics, that showed that since the mid-1950s, global average temperatures over land have risen by 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.6 degrees Fahrenheit).

In his new statement, Muller said, "Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

cavemonkey wrote:
You said NOAA didn't know,
Get some specs.
I actually said, "they're not sure"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

"I was never a skeptic" - Richard Muller, 2011

“If Al Gore reaches more people and convinces the world that global warming is real, even if he does it through exaggeration and distortion – which he does, but he’s very effective at it – then let him fly any plane he wants.”
- Richard Muller, 2008

“There is a consensus that global warming is real.…it’s going to get much, much worse.”– Richard Muller, 2008

“Let me be clear. My own reading of the literature and study of paleoclimate suggests strongly that carbon dioxide from burning of fossil fuels will prove to be the greatest pollutant of human history. It is likely to have severe and detrimental effects on global climate.”– Richard Muller, 2003

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
"I was never a skeptic" - Richard Muller, 2011
“If Al Gore reaches more people and convinces the world that global warming is real, even if he does it through exaggeration and distortion – which he does, but he’s very effective at it – then let him fly any plane he wants.”
- Richard Muller, 2008
“There is a consensus that global warming is real.…it’s going to get much, much worse.”– Richard Muller, 2008
“Let me be clear. My own reading of the literature and study of paleoclimate suggests strongly that carbon dioxide from burning of fossil fuels will prove to be the greatest pollutant of human history. It is likely to have severe and detrimental effects on global climate.”– Richard Muller, 2003
Do you have links for any of those quotes?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Steve Case wrote:
Do you have links for any of those quotes?
The Truth about Richard Muller
http://www.populartechnology.net/2012/06/trut...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

We've been here before:
Oct 31, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger
Richard Muller, Koch brothers-funded scientist, declares global warming is realA
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
And this guy says so too:
Muller…… Never Was A Skeptic
Wow, it seems like just less than a year ago we put this bit of disinformation to bed. Well, desperate measures for desperate times, I suppose. As we watch the death throes of climate alarmism, we’ll see this sort of regurgitation. So, I’ll cover a few issues which will certainly be brought back up after this latest round of lunacy to arrive. For the science of it all, just scroll to the bottom of the page to laugh at the people believing Muller knows what he’s talking about.
http://suyts.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/muller-...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

We've been here more than once:
Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) conclusion leaked

Posted in the Global Warming Forum
Mar 22, 2011
176 posts

Alarmists were all over the study as if it was actually proof of something.

Milwaukee, WI USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

I found this link
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/11/phy...
An interview with Dr.(I used to be a Skeptic, But Now I'm Not) from 2008.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I call my "little" friend Big Johnson.
I doubt that. More like you call it big and they refer to it as your "little" friend or the little head.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
We've been here more than once:
Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature (BEST) conclusion leaked
Posted in the Global Warming Forum
Mar 22, 2011
176 posts
Alarmists were all over the study as if it was actually proof of something.
Thanks for posting that link. It's a testament to how wrong you are always and that you never learn.

The latest by Dr Muller:'Humans Are Almost Entirely The Cause' Of Climate Change

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that. More like you call it big and they refer to it as your "little" friend or the little head.
Aww we see how you go after what you thought 'misinformation and disinformation.'

Good girl.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Steve Case wrote:
I found this link
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/11/phy...
An interview with Dr.(I used to be a Skeptic, But Now I'm Not) from 2008.
Hey Steve, where is that quote "I used to be a Skeptic, But Now I'm Not" in your link?

Are you again doing a dirtie or tina or kal or just denier Steve?

Thanks.

Milwaukee, WI USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Steve, where is that quote "I used to be a Skeptic, But Now I'm Not" in your link?
Are you again doing a dirtie or tina or kal or just denier Steve?
Thanks.
It isn't in there, but it's rather widely claimed by your side that this guy used to be a skeptic. The claim is bullshit.

Here's the first one out of the box searching Google for "Muller Skeptic"

"Koch-Funded Climate Change Skeptic Reverses Course"
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-ko...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

In the big picture, Richard Muller is a nonentity, someone alarmists will dump when they've squeezed the last drop of juice out of him.
They have nothing better to talk about, so regurgitate another old chestnut.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Earthling-1 wrote:
In the big picture, Richard Muller is a nonentity, someone alarmists will dump when they've squeezed the last drop of juice out of him.
They have nothing better to talk about, so regurgitate another old chestnut.
Yet Anthony is a hero of the denier multitude. Never fear though, he will keep denying until the water laps his nostrils.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Watts is no 'hero' of mine, Bozo.

Where is this "denier multitude" you speak of?
I know sceptics now outnumber believers, but i don't know any 'deniers' as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,341 - 28,360 of30,832
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••