Who still takes global warming seriously?

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov. Full Story

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#29545 Aug 1, 2012
“My recollection is that Muller is regarded as something of an eccentric who is trying to make a name for himself.” Des Moore

“I do not think much of Muller’s work.”
“One of many absurdities in the Muller op-ed is that there are of course no temperature data for Australia before about 1850 at earliest, nor for Africa and most of the tropics before 1910, so to talk as he does of land surface records of global temperature going back 250 years is worse than misleading.” Tim Curtin

”To assess whether modern temperature change is in any way unusual requires the analysis of long (at least tens of thousands of years) geological climate records –  a point completely ignored not only by Muller, but also by the many other persons currently discussing this storm in a teacup.”
“The Muller claims have all the characteristics of public opinion grandstanding, and, as Anthony Watts has shown, are anyway flawed as science.” Bob Carter

“Solar cycles are tending to suggest a period of cooling is ahead,”“People will then suddenly discover that life-killing cooling is what we should worry about, not benign warming.” Viv Forbes
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29546 Aug 1, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
“My recollection is that Muller is regarded as something of an eccentric who is trying to make a name for himself.” Des Moore
“I do not think much of Muller’s work.”
“One of many absurdities in the Muller op-ed is that there are of course no temperature data for Australia before about 1850 at earliest, nor for Africa and most of the tropics before 1910, so to talk as he does of land surface records of global temperature going back 250 years is worse than misleading.” Tim Curtin
”To assess whether modern temperature change is in any way unusual requires the analysis of long (at least tens of thousands of years) geological climate records –  a point completely ignored not only by Muller, but also by the many other persons currently discussing this storm in a teacup.”
“The Muller claims have all the characteristics of public opinion grandstanding, and, as Anthony Watts has shown, are anyway flawed as science.” Bob Carter
“Solar cycles are tending to suggest a period of cooling is ahead,”“People will then suddenly discover that life-killing cooling is what we should worry about, not benign warming.” Viv Forbes
"Global warming is goofy." Mickey Mouse

"Global warming is mickey mouse." Goofy

#29547 Aug 1, 2012
gcavemonkey wrote:
Disney is just about your level.
menoworry

Farmington, NM

#29548 Aug 1, 2012
Grannie Grunt Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Disney is just about your level.
Grannie says as she peers from under a roaches butt.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#29549 Aug 1, 2012
menoworry wrote:
<quoted text>Grannie says as she peers from under a roaches butt.
Is that the insect or the other?

“Polymath”

Since: Jul 08

Farmington

#29550 Aug 1, 2012
People arguing about Climate Change are like two people arguing about the smell of smoke inside a house that is burning down.

It's scientific fact, everyone knows it and all the valid scientists agree, take a look at the drought graphs for this year.

Stop being an ostrich.

The things that we need to do to combat climate change are good for everyone any way: more solar power, more wind power, and more hydroelectric power. Only an idiot would be against that.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29551 Aug 1, 2012
Just over half of the counties in the U.S. are now labeled "natural disaster areas" after the U.S. Department of Agriculture on Wednesday added 218 counties in 12 states to the list.

With drought drying up food crops and animal feedstock, the USDA also said it was allowing haying and grazing on 3.8 million protected acres, many of them wetlands, and that insurance companies agreed to a 30-day grace period for farmers on insurance premiums.

Across 32 states, ranchers and farmers in 1,584 counties -- 50.3 percent of the total -- are now eligible for low-interest loans. Some 90 percent of those counties were listed due to drought conditions.

That's a new record and one that's been broken repeatedly in recent weeks as more counties have been added. The declarations first started on July 12.

On Monday, the USDA rated as "good-to-excellent" just 24 percent of the corn crop and 29 percent of the soybean crop, both down 2 percentage points from the previous week.

-NBC
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29552 Aug 1, 2012
More here:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13...

And tomorrow the gov weekly drought report will be issued.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29553 Aug 1, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent.

Thanks for the laugh.
menoworry wrote:
<quoted text>Grannie says as she peers from under a roaches butt.
Excellent.

Thanks for the laugh.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29554 Aug 1, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent.
Thanks for the laugh.
<quoted text>Excellent.
Thanks for the laugh.
No problemo, dude!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29555 Aug 1, 2012
Now remember, denier wimps, when it snows like crazy in New York and Pennsylvania this winter, it's because really cold air is passing over very warm Great Lakes.

The very warm lakes are because of the very hot spring and summer.

The very hot spring and summer (although a single event cannot be ascribed to global warming) are caused by the likelihood that extreme events like this are caused by (though we can't ascribe a single year's weather to global warming) global warming.

#29556 Aug 2, 2012
Saint_ wrote:
The things that we need to do to combat climate change are good for everyone any way: more solar power, more wind power, and more hydroelectric power. Only an idiot would be against that.
How many solar panels do you have?
Which make of electric car do you drive?
You recycle everything possible, of course?
I'm sure you dan't waste a drop of water, do you?

#29557 Aug 2, 2012
cavemonkey wrote:
No problemo[sic], dude!
Problema, dude.
"Problemo" no significa nada.
cavemonkey wrote:
The very hot spring and summer (although a single event cannot be ascribed to global warming) are caused by the likelihood that extreme events like this are caused by (though we can't ascribe a single year's weather to global warming) global warming.
I see, so you're basing your argument on a "likelihood" that a global temperature rise of 0.74º C over the last 162 years is 'likely' to be the cause of almost anything that goes wrong on the planet.
Choose a few dozen links at random from this page and read them, you might sober up and realise you're being duped, or you might not:
http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#29558 Aug 2, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Aww we see how you go after what you thought 'misinformation and disinformation.'
Good girl.
Sorry, still thinking here. Thought (past tense of the word think) is a better description of your mental proces.

Norfolk va

#29559 Aug 2, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
I would like to know why spam, clueless, and peanuts are posted on #29542.
Who are you and what are you thinking when you assign those to such a serious post?
How about that the post had earned them. How about the fact that the article which you failed to quote or link to mentioned that this happens every year and that the water refreezes in the winter. That surprise, ice melts in the summer. Maybe I should go back and add a few more to that post.

Norfolk va

#29560 Aug 2, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
Now remember, denier wimps, when it snows like crazy in New York and Pennsylvania this winter, it's because really cold air is passing over very warm Great Lakes.
The very warm lakes are because of the very hot spring and summer.
Even when they ringed with ice to a mile out? Funny thing about the heat in the Great Lakes, it is flowing out of the lakes during the fall and being replaced with cooler water. Not to mention the first Ablerta Clipper of the season will cool them down considerable amount.

Actually, looking at the current water temps in Lake Erie and comparing them to what they were when I swam in the lake when I was a girl and it looks like nothing has changed. It is just as warm as it was back in the 70's.

So, it looks like the 76 degrees I saw is no warmer than the water I learned to swim in.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#29561 Aug 2, 2012
Except there are no experimental tests of climate change mitigation that show any climate change. Lot's of smoke but no fire.

Not one experiment. Zero.
menoworry

Farmington, NM

#29562 Aug 2, 2012
Grannie grunt Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I see, so you're basing your argument on a "likelihood" that a global temperature rise of 0.74º C over the last 162 years is 'likely' to be the cause of almost anything that goes wrong on the planet.
It's facetious statements like this, grandma, that give rise to the notion that you don't understand the role Earth temp play in CC, Grandma. Nor do you understand the effect CC has on the flora and fauna. Like you see .74 C and your untrained pea brain signals how small a number that is. Your lack of logic tells you that little can't do that much. Well, Grannie, your wrong; competent scientists in the field say so, math models say so, observations say so. But you know better. Don't you, Grannie?

BTB, Memaw, the fact that CO2 concentrations caused by man- and the associated temp change- happened in such a short period of time is remarkable to say the least, but don't lose sight of the fact the Earth's weather is being made at different temps than it was 160 YA.
Learn some weather, Grannie grunt, or keep making a fool of yourself.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29563 Aug 2, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Problema, dude.
"Problemo" no significa nada.<quoted text>I see, so you're basing your argument on a "likelihood" that a global temperature rise of 0.74º C over the last 162 years is 'likely' to be the cause of almost anything that goes wrong on the planet.
Choose a few dozen links at random from this page and read them, you might sober up and realise you're being duped, or you might not:
http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm
Not bilingual, like you, and not interested in paying ANY attention to a second language grammar-nazi.

What I was doing, Mr. Non-American Who Doesn't Belong On An American Forum, was quoting a Hollywood production called "The Terminator", in which the line is, "No problemo, dude." If they've got the gender or syntax or grammar or spelling wrong, phone them about it and insist on a higher standard.

As for your link, I'll look when I get time. And if I know you, it'll be a waste of time.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29564 Aug 2, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when they ringed with ice to a mile out? Funny thing about the heat in the Great Lakes, it is flowing out of the lakes during the fall and being replaced with cooler water. Not to mention the first Ablerta Clipper of the season will cool them down considerable amount.
Actually, looking at the current water temps in Lake Erie and comparing them to what they were when I swam in the lake when I was a girl and it looks like nothing has changed. It is just as warm as it was back in the 70's.
So, it looks like the 76 degrees I saw is no warmer than the water I learned to swim in.
Funny what an idiot you are.

The water flowing into Erie will be warmer than average. That'll make everything warmer going into winter.

The guys who know say Erie has warmed an average of 2F in the past 30 years. You probably couldn't feel that. That's why real scientists use thermometers instead of sticking their toes in the water.

Funny how you forgot actually after all that the heat storage properties of water means that actually after all you forgot that one storm won't cool the lakes appreciably.

But by far the best thing about your post is that we now have the answer to why you're so abysmally stupid. You learned to swim in Lake Erie in the '70's when it was a cesspool of human and industrial waste. It's no wonder you're brain damaged.

Or maybe it's funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,111,572
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Uncle Tab 154,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Scrutiny 178,257
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 38 min barefoot2626 522
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 40 min harmonious 32,698
Democrats Urge First Lady to Hit the Trail 51 min Le Duped 29
Rocky Mountain Upset? Polling shows once-popula... 3 hr cancer suxs 12
•••

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••