'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42526 Jun 22, 2012
The Irate Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be more than happy to chime in. If you are getting your info from the "washington times" you may as well be promoting the lies of the "moonies". How can you wingnuts are so damn stupid as to believe the tripe from outfits like that? May as well quote from the other bastions of bullshit, like the world nut daily, drudge, faux, rupert lies inc., and hate radio. And hey, don't miss the next springer show. That's right up your alley.
Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!
TIR
So, attacking the messenger b/c you can't actually defend against what the Washington Times is reporting.

"$2.6 million for the training of "Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job," $3.9 million for the SEC to rearrange "desks and offices at its Washington headquarters" and nearly $1 million for the shipping of "two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas," along with the improper use of government credit cards for the purchase of goods including "lingerie, iPods, XBoxes, jewelry, Internet dating services and Hawaiian vacations."

It should be pretty easy to show that this spending never took place, but since they've got the documents...what are you going to do? So that it was all made up? Fabricated? Now you're starting to sound like a birther....
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42527 Jun 22, 2012
The Irate Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be more than happy to chime in. If you are getting your info from the "washington times" you may as well be promoting the lies of the "moonies". How can you wingnuts are so damn stupid as to believe the tripe from outfits like that? May as well quote from the other bastions of bullshit, like the world nut daily, drudge, faux, rupert lies inc., and hate radio. And hey, don't miss the next springer show. That's right up your alley.
Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!
TIR
It seems that you think you are the only one that knows anything(LMAO)..

Please tell us where you get all your spot on information(Enquiring Minds Want To Know)..

TIR==The Ignorant Regurgitator
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#42528 Jun 22, 2012
Contributor wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is Putin punk we all seem it ? Obama a nothing but a backward arse makes me ashamed to be a democrat.
Previous posts questioning education,left out Ky.has quite a few colleges,Like U.of L.,U.of K.,,Sullivan,Spalding,etc.But the fact one has been thru one of these doesn`t make one the only person that can think,have degrees,and sometimes(as in the case of Obama) these institutions create an individual knowledgeable,smart,but with convictions the Constitution is irrelevant.This is also unamerican,and as far as being ashamed to be a Democrat,yes,but for many of us that found out the Democratic Party had left us,we left the Democratic Party!!You should do the same.

Since: Jan 10

Houston, TX

#42529 Jun 22, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say you love freedom, but did you protest when George W. Bush repealed habeas corpus and posse comitatus, rights first guaranteed by the Magna Carta in 1215.
You say you’re in favor of smaller government, but you never protested when Gdub expanded it. Or when G. H.W. Bush expanded it. Or when Ronnie Reagan expanded it. Or when Nixon expanded it. Or when Eisenhower expanded it.
You say you’re in favor of democracy, but when Gdub was selected by the five members of the Supreme Court (installed by Republican presidents), one of them Dick Cheney’s close personal friend, you never protested.
You say you’re in favor of openness in government, but you never protested when Dick Cheney set the nation’s energy policy in secret in collaboration with BP, Exxon/Mobil, Halliburton, and the nation’s wealthiest energy companies, or when Cheney and his friends engineered the energy crisis in California and profited hugely.
You say you’re patriots, but you never protested when Cheney ordered the “outing” of a covert CIA agent during a time of war — which U.S. law considers treason. You never protested when the Bush administration tacitly admitted that Gdub was AWOL during a time of war which U.S. law considers a felony.
You never protested when Dubya let Osama escape, when the WMDs turned out to be nonexistent, when the link between Osama and Saddam turned out to be a lie.
You say you believe in human dignity, but you never protested when you found out we were torturing people, some of whom were innocent of any crime.
You say you’re in favor of fiscal restraint, but you never protested when George W. Bush took a budget surplus and a national debt of $5.7 trillion to a gigantic deficit and a national debt of more than $9 trillion.
You say you share the values of the Founders, but you never protested when you found out the Republican government was illegally wiretapping American citizens.
None of this made you angry; none of this frightened you. But you finally got angry when your lawfully elected representatives decided that all Americans deserve the right to see a doctor if they’re sick.
I need to get some of that health care you don’t want me to have – you make me sick!
Give it up, Frank. It ain't working for Obama, and it ain't workin' for you either, but have a nice day, anyway, my friend!
frank

Oakland, CA

#42531 Jun 22, 2012
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
The Volt only exists thanks to government subsidies. No one wants the thing, and taxpayer money is going much farther than a simple $7,500 a car.
James Hohman at Michigan’s Mackinac Center has added up the numbers at the supply end and found the public subsidy for the Volt amounts to a $3 billion, putting the public subsidy per car at a whopping $250,000 per car. http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16...
The figure looks at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. For example, the Department of Energy awarded a $105.9 million grant to the GM Brownstown plant that assembles the batteries.
The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.
Depending on what state, and which other tax incentives, government "loans" that can be used, the Volt is subsidized at roughly $50,000 to $250,000 per car since they've only "sold" approximately 6,000 vehicles.
Oh fur chrissake, just as expected some brainless f-ing wingnuz idiot can’t help himself posting the uber stupid article that has been going around the web for the delight of the right-wingers. Unfortunately it is complete bunk lacking any and all sense of logic. The author of the study, the objective being the rightwing slander of the Volt, added the known state and federal incentives that have been offered and divided by the number of Volts sold – duh! If you divide this $1.5 billion "investment" over 60 million cars over the next 25+ years instead of the 6,000 made over the last year, or the 60,000 to be made next year, the alleged government subsidy comes to $25 per car – some study eh?

Here is the point: Why divide whatever amount --$1.5 billion or otherwise -- by the number of Chevrolet Volts sold to date? If he had done this study one year from now, when we could be looking at 60,000 Volts made, as GM repeatedly has promised, the headline number would be $25,000 per car -- not $250,000. You would divide the $1.5 billion by 60,000 instead of 6,000.
But why stop at a year from now? This investment in automotive propulsion technology is meant to be refined and influence generations of cars for decades. Some part of GM's Voltec architecture and techniques will drive sales of approximately 60 million cars over the next 25 years or so, in any reasonable estimation.
Thus, if you divide this $1.5 billion "investment" over 60 million cars over the next 25+ years instead of the 6,000 made over the last year, or the 60,000 to be made next year, the alleged government subsidy comes to $25 per car, or what you will pay for two movie tickets in Manhattan, popcorn excluded. That's very different from the nasty $250,000 per Volt headline floating all over the Internet.
officer duh

Murray, KY

#42532 Jun 22, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Duh? officer duh!
Executive privilege "CUTS BOTH WAYS".!
Why has executive privilege been such a contentious issue?
Because it is at the fulcrum of a very delicate balancing act — between a president's right to candid advice and Congress' right to information. Also, executive privilege is a power that political parties tend to support when they control the White House, but abhor when they're out of power. For that reason, neither party is eager for a definitive ruling from the Supreme Court. For its part, the high court seems to be in no hurry to wade into such contentious constitutional waters.
BTW...guess who was the first President to invoke EP?
The Father of our nation...George Washington!!!!
It's one of those Damned if you do and Damned if you don't things!
this is from ~ The Washington Post
Obama invokes privilege to halt investigation
www.washingtonpost.com
Bobby Joe

Cincinnati, OH

#42533 Jun 22, 2012
Contributor wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is Putin punk we all seem it ? Obama a nothing but a backward arse makes me ashamed to be a democrat.
U very smart dude from england I bet
wtf

Richmond, KY

#42534 Jun 22, 2012
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no FEDERAL authority for medicare, social security-though any state could implement those programs if they so chose. The Constitution allows the states to do that which the Federal gov't can not. California is an example of a lefties dream...of course it's bankrupt, but hey, there's plenty of government provided goodies out that way.
Interstate highways could actually fall under the authority to create post roads, which is in the Constitution.
Dams to control flooding, would fall under "public use" and the 5th amendment. Though the eminent domain power has been abused more than most-the term public use has been stretched to justify taking private property from on individual and giving it to another private individual. Such as private homes being taken through eminent domain and given to a private developer, b/c the new mall would generate more tax revenue "for the public good". b/s
Companies that dump pollution into rivers are violating your private property rights since their pollution affects your health, the value of your land, etc, etc. If it crosses state lines, then the Feds have the ability to enforce the laws, if within a single state, then it's the states responsibility to regulate it.
$0.30 an hour wage. Bull, the market would set the wage and benefits based on what the going rate for labor is. There's enough studies out that show that minimum wage laws actually hurt those it's intended to help. Every time minimum wage rises, those who work for minimum wage often find their hours cuts, lost jobs or a reduction in other forms of compensation.
Your brand of ignorance is rare!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#42535 Jun 22, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Previous posts questioning education,left out Ky.has quite a few colleges,Like U.of L.,U.of K.,,Sullivan,Spalding,etc.But the fact one has been thru one of these doesn`t make one the only person that can think,have degrees,and sometimes(as in the case of Obama) these institutions create an individual knowledgeable,smart,but with convictions the Constitution is irrelevant.This is also unamerican,and as far as being ashamed to be a Democrat,yes,but for many of us that found out the Democratic Party had left us,we left the Democratic Party!!You should do the same.
You belong in the Illiterate Party.
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42536 Jun 22, 2012
officer duh wrote:
<quoted text>this is from ~ The Washington Post
Obama invokes privilege to halt investigation
www.washingtonpost.com
Common sense should tell you that he's trying to hide something, If not release the documents and get this off the long list of diversions..
john

Perris, CA

#42537 Jun 22, 2012
Gary Johnson 2012 wrote:
Recall that sell out traitor right now!: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/recall-ran...
...lol........you're not that smart, are you?....but, it's ok, the state run educational system at its best.
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42538 Jun 22, 2012
In some states in the US, if there’s an accident involving an electric or hybrid car, emergency first responders are required to stay away from the vehicle until a specially-trained first responder arrives. The risk of electrocution for regular emergency personnel is deemed unacceptable.

Does the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) factor this into car safety standards? I doubt it.

Hope your not hurt seriously, You could die before they arrive!!!
john

Perris, CA

#42539 Jun 22, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You belong in the Illiterate Party.
.......also known as: THE DEMOCRAT/SOCIALIST PARTY.
john

Perris, CA

#42540 Jun 22, 2012
officer duh wrote:
<quoted text>this is from ~ The Washington Post
Obama invokes privilege to halt investigation
www.washingtonpost.com
....yes, youre right. but, obama and holder is using this to cover up murder of 2 border agents, and almost 100 mexican citizens!! they both need a nice long term in prison, with a huge biker, named "bubba', WHO CALLS YOU HIS BITCH!!
wtf

Prestonsburg, KY

#42541 Jun 22, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>....yes, youre right. but, obama and holder is using this to cover up murder of 2 border agents, and almost 100 mexican citizens!! they both need a nice long term in prison, with a huge biker, named "bubba', WHO CALLS YOU HIS BITCH!!
No, the Bushesd used Executive Privilege dozens of times.

So, no chance numb nuts.

lmfao

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#42542 Jun 22, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense should tell you that he's trying to hide something, If not release the documents and get this off the long list of diversions..
The intent of Fast and Furious was to send weapons to Mexico so that the government could use the claim of American Guns going to Mexico is cause to reinstate the assault weapons ban...It had no intent to track the weapons, Federal Agents even stopped local law enforcement from making arrests and attempting to stop the flow of over 2000 weapons... There were no tracking devices in the weapons... The Mexican Government was not informed of the operation...

The program was simply to flood Mexico with traceable American weapons to cause crime that then could be pointed to as reason to tighten gun laws in the US..

This is why the President has claimed Executive Privilege because in those 80,000 records is the smoking gun that proves the President knew and approved creating a crime that has killed over 200 Mexican nationals and 2 US Agents....

And they continue to lie... They have said that it was a Bush Plan they they stopped... Fact.. the Bush Line Backer program placed tracking devices in each and every weapon, Told and notified the Mexican Authorities of Each one crossing the boarder... At one point the tracking devices were found and the program was Ended, 2 years before Fast and Furious was started... Over 1,500 arrests were made based on the tracking of the Line Backer Weapons... of the 1,400 weapon in Line Backer 1,250 were recovered and destroyed...

Fast and Furious had no tracking and to date the Only weapons recovered were the ones found after they were used in crimes and murders and to date there are still over 1,200 unaccounted for... Still killing people and will be for decades...More Americans and scores of Mexicans will die by weapons this admin allowed to cross the boarder and even helped in getting them across the boarder... Some Gun sellers were told to sell those guns in large quantity to people that would never have been able to do so... Gun dealers have testified to being told to sell them by DOJ agents when they refused to sell them...

America as a whole, Especially the Anti Gun Left should be outraged that an US administration would do this... It's a certainty that some of those guns have crossed back across the boarder into the US with the drug traffic and they will kill Americans on our very soil in the future...
skeet

El Monte, CA

#42543 Jun 22, 2012
EAD
frank

Oakland, CA

#42544 Jun 22, 2012
Hello wrote:
In some states in the US, if there’s an accident involving an electric or hybrid car, emergency first responders are required to stay away from the vehicle until a specially-trained first responder arrives. The risk of electrocution for regular emergency personnel is deemed unacceptable.
Does the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) factor this into car safety standards? I doubt it.
Hope your not hurt seriously, You could die before they arrive!!!
You obviously no nothing about electrical theory or battery technology, you are embarrassing yourself by making stupid statements that you saw on some semi retarded website. Emergency personnel are being trained every to the dangers of EVs involved in accidents. the number one danger being unexpected movement, you have to keep in mind that EVs make no engine noises. When approaching the scene accident, you should never approach the vehicle from the front or rear. The solution is, simple ensure the vehicle is shut down and secured from moving. The risk of electrocution by touching an EV involved in a crash or submerged is a myth perpetrated by the rightwing media. The high voltage system is completely isolated from the chassis, integrated safety systems as well as basic electrical theory, protect occupants and responders. Besides, these vehicles have integrated “shutdown-circuitry” in the event of a crash.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#42545 Jun 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The intent of Fast and Furious was to send weapons to Mexico so that the government could use the claim of American Guns going to Mexico is cause to reinstate the assault weapons ban...It had no intent to track the weapons, Federal Agents even stopped local law enforcement from making arrests and attempting to stop the flow of over 2000 weapons... There were no tracking devices in the weapons... The Mexican Government was not informed of the operation...
The program was simply to flood Mexico with traceable American weapons to cause crime that then could be pointed to as reason to tighten gun laws in the US..
This is why the President has claimed Executive Privilege because in those 80,000 records is the smoking gun that proves the President knew and approved creating a crime that has killed over 200 Mexican nationals and 2 US Agents....
And they continue to lie... They have said that it was a Bush Plan they they stopped... Fact.. the Bush Line Backer program placed tracking devices in each and every weapon, Told and notified the Mexican Authorities of Each one crossing the boarder... At one point the tracking devices were found and the program was Ended, 2 years before Fast and Furious was started... Over 1,500 arrests were made based on the tracking of the Line Backer Weapons... of the 1,400 weapon in Line Backer 1,250 were recovered and destroyed...
Fast and Furious had no tracking and to date the Only weapons recovered were the ones found after they were used in crimes and murders and to date there are still over 1,200 unaccounted for... Still killing people and will be for decades...More Americans and scores of Mexicans will die by weapons this admin allowed to cross the boarder and even helped in getting them across the boarder... Some Gun sellers were told to sell those guns in large quantity to people that would never have been able to do so... Gun dealers have testified to being told to sell them by DOJ agents when they refused to sell them...
America as a whole, Especially the Anti Gun Left should be outraged that an US administration would do this... It's a certainty that some of those guns have crossed back across the boarder into the US with the drug traffic and they will kill Americans on our very soil in the future...
You incredibly ignorant Q Tard.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#42546 Jun 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The intent of Fast and Furious was to send weapons to Mexico so that the government could use the claim of American Guns going to Mexico is cause to reinstate the assault weapons ban...It had no intent to track the weapons, Federal Agents even stopped local law enforcement from making arrests and attempting to stop the flow of over 2000 weapons... There were no tracking devices in the weapons... The Mexican Government was not informed of the operation...
The program was simply to flood Mexico with traceable American weapons to cause crime that then could be pointed to as reason to tighten gun laws in the US..
This is why the President has claimed Executive Privilege because in those 80,000 records is the smoking gun that proves the President knew and approved creating a crime that has killed over 200 Mexican nationals and 2 US Agents....
And they continue to lie... They have said that it was a Bush Plan they they stopped... Fact.. the Bush Line Backer program placed tracking devices in each and every weapon, Told and notified the Mexican Authorities of Each one crossing the boarder... At one point the tracking devices were found and the program was Ended, 2 years before Fast and Furious was started... Over 1,500 arrests were made based on the tracking of the Line Backer Weapons... of the 1,400 weapon in Line Backer 1,250 were recovered and destroyed...
Fast and Furious had no tracking and to date the Only weapons recovered were the ones found after they were used in crimes and murders and to date there are still over 1,200 unaccounted for... Still killing people and will be for decades...More Americans and scores of Mexicans will die by weapons this admin allowed to cross the boarder and even helped in getting them across the boarder... Some Gun sellers were told to sell those guns in large quantity to people that would never have been able to do so... Gun dealers have testified to being told to sell them by DOJ agents when they refused to sell them...
America as a whole, Especially the Anti Gun Left should be outraged that an US administration would do this... It's a certainty that some of those guns have crossed back across the boarder into the US with the drug traffic and they will kill Americans on our very soil in the future...
"boarder"

Someone who resides with a Landlord for a set price.

lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,115,616
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 min litesong 32,810
Former Massachusetts Senator Brown to kick off ... 4 hr bottlecap 119
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Historic Victory for Voting Rights in Ohio 9 hr Dont be Dopey 38
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 13 hr mjjcpa 609
Money talks: Obamacare initiative makes headway... 13 hr john 67

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE