Obama Attacks Romney's Proposals for College Financing

Aug 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The New York Times

COLUMBUS, Ohio - President Obama, adding another verse to his litany of differences with Mitt Romney, promoted his record on education here Tuesday and assailed his Republican challenger for advising financially strapped young people who want to go to college to "shop around and borrow more money from your parents." Mr.

Comments
1 - 20 of 235 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2012
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
pogue mahone

Bluffton, SC

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Show us your college transcripts O'dumber.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Poor phony conservative Republican RINOs....whining to the government for a job instead of getting off their lazy asses and appying for one like the rest of us hardworking Americans.

Mormon Rich Money and the 1% "job creators" are hiring you government leeches. Quit your whining! It's not like Rich Money stashed all his savings offshore.....

This generation of Republicans is the laziest I have seen in a long time.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>Aside from being senseless, I see that you're a bigot as well.
Pffftt...calling Republican RINOs lazy is not bigotry. They are. They whine to the government for a job instead of getting off their lazy asses and getting one.

Did the government get you a job? Or did you go out and get one yourself?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#5 Aug 21, 2012
This is a another bribe bill.
The youth that needs a job, and the parents attempting to do right are the targets.
tip

Blacklick, OH

#6 Aug 21, 2012
So...Romney encourages young people to work and to look to their family for support...while Obama encourages them to suck at the U.S. taxpayers' teat, already shriveled up and awaiting the next collapse.

NObama. No way. No how.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#7 Aug 21, 2012
Some of the same idiots on the right that made use of Pell Grants and Fed Loans know Romney's "go ask your parents" statement means he's clueless to the challenges of the average American.

Need $12,000 this semester? Go ask your parents, they got it.

LOL.

Oh man this guy Romney is clueless. I wish I had it like that when I went to college.

"Hey Mom, Dad...I need to borrow 12k...ummm, why are you two laughing so hard?".

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#9 Aug 21, 2012
pogue mahone wrote:
Show us your college transcripts O'dumber.
LOLOL.....tax returns from Romney, like every other Candidate does, is not needed.

But like no Candidate is asked, you're asking Pres Obama show you his college transcripts. LOL

You now what's dumb, you not knowing that to when you're selected as HEAD OF THE HARVARD LAW REVIEW, your name is not associated to with any documents submitted for the review process. Its a blind selection.

And guess what...you can't get 'C's in Harvard and remain in school....like Bush did at Yale.

Romney tells you there is stuff in his returns that can be used to attack him. Ann says the same thing.

Ann tells you "Hey, its a Blind Trust".

Romney told you years ago "Blind Trust are a ruse, you make the rules for Blind Trust".

You...put your head back in the sand, Sheep.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#10 Aug 21, 2012
Why do repub men go skinny dipping together? And remember, he said he wasn't drunk.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#12 Aug 21, 2012
The ObamaNation needs the majority to shift to a dependent majority. People will vote for self interest and the man in the chair is god.
It is a psychological issue.
tip

Blacklick, OH

#15 Aug 21, 2012
RayOne wrote:
The ObamaNation needs the majority to shift to a dependent majority. People will vote for self interest and the man in the chair is god.
It is a psychological issue.
No, thanks.
I've already got a Messiah.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Aug 21, 2012
Attack, Lie and Mislead, what is Obama's plan? What is his plan to force colleges and universities to lower their costs? He does know that with the advent of guaranteed gov. school loans, universities and colleges have no need to be competitive pricewise. As long as they have a guaranteed unlimited number of people, all armed with gov. loans, they can charge what they want, rather than price their goods in a range that people can actually pay without going into hock. College professors generally teach but a few times a week, many to auditorium sized classes where the kids sit and hopefully absorb the lesson. But, they get paid very big salaries. What plan does President Obama have to fix that?
Dane T

AOL

#17 Aug 21, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Poor phony conservative Republican RINOs....whining to the government for a job instead of getting off their lazy asses and appying for one like the rest of us hardworking Americans.
Mormon Rich Money and the 1% "job creators" are hiring you government leeches. Quit your whining! It's not like Rich Money stashed all his savings offshore.....
This generation of Republicans is the laziest I have seen in a long time.
I don't blame Obama. Is he supposed to run honest ads that say He wants to do everything possible to assure America's collapse into a insolvent, terminally divided Cuban style Dump? Obama's handlers know that honestly focusing on his real Agenda is a very, very bad idea.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>Your bringing Romney's religion into this makes you a bigot.
My job was certainly not created by any government. I've been there for 22 years. And I daresay I'm far more successful than an uneducated bigot like you.
Uhh helllloooo...Rich Money IS a Mormon. It's just facts. He should be proud of who he is. I know plenty of Mormon people. Nothing wrong with that. Again, Republican RINOs are whining to CHRISTIAN President Obama and the government for a job instead of getting off their lazy asses and getting one (happy now?)

You flatter yourself. I believe I am more successful than an uneducated bigot-assumer like you. I've never whined to the government for a job. I went out and interviewed and got one.

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Aug 21, 2012
@Ex-GOP..."Pffftt...calli ng Republican RINOs lazy is not bigotry. They are. They whine to the government for a job instead of getting off their lazy asses and getting one."

Um, I really don't understand, or perhaps YOU don't understand, why you call republicans RINO's. You do know that stands for Republican In Name Only, or otherwise a Democrat PRETENDING to be a republican for election purposes. Just asking, it looks so strange coming from one like yourself. I'm surprised no one has mentioned your mistake before now. Perhaps they just liked you looking so ill-informed.

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Aug 21, 2012
RayOne wrote:
This is a another bribe bill.
The youth that needs a job, and the parents attempting to do right are the targets.
Yep, one more small interest group checked off his list. If you can run on your record, bribe small groups of special interest people in hopes that they will pull the lever for you. Sad, really pathetic.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#24 Aug 21, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame Obama. Is he supposed to run honest ads that say He wants to do everything possible to assure America's collapse into a insolvent, terminally divided Cuban style Dump? Obama's handlers know that honestly focusing on his real Agenda is a very, very bad idea.
That has nothing to do with what I said. Don't hit the reply button unless you are actually responding to it.

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Aug 21, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
Some of the same idiots on the right that made use of Pell Grants and Fed Loans know Romney's "go ask your parents" statement means he's clueless to the challenges of the average American.
Need $12,000 this semester? Go ask your parents, they got it.
LOL.
Oh man this guy Romney is clueless. I wish I had it like that when I went to college.
"Hey Mom, Dad...I need to borrow 12k...ummm, why are you two laughing so hard?".
RESPONSIBLE parents make arrangements with the birth of the child, when it came time for our children to go to school, the money was in the bank. All it takes is a fairly small and inexpensive insurance police payable when the child turns 18.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#26 Aug 21, 2012
Who needs Fed Loans or Pell Grants to help American families afford college, just have those families "ask their parents".

Seriously, even repugs know that's a clueless statement coming from Romney. He think's every family has $20,0000 to give to their kids for Yale...like his Millionaire Dad did.

When we, as a Country, stop supporting higher education, we lose to countries who do.

Education is the key to the U.S. being the U.S.
Dane T

AOL

#27 Aug 21, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh helllloooo...Rich Money IS a Mormon. It's just facts. He should be proud of who he is. I know plenty of Mormon people. Nothing wrong with that. Again, Republican RINOs are whining to CHRISTIAN President Obama and the government for a job instead of getting off their lazy asses and getting one (happy now?)
You flatter yourself. I believe I am more successful than an uneducated bigot-assumer like you. I've never whined to the government for a job. I went out and interviewed and got one.
You miss the point. Romney's success indicates talent at Leadership. Why wouldn't America be better off with talented Leaders instead of agenda mad "social engineers" in the White House?
Think about it. It makes no sense not to elect Romney over Obama.

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Aug 21, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I hear those clerk jobs at the local Wawa are hard to pin down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Princess Labia 1,100,191
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Dale 151,249
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min wojar 177,378
Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Swedenforever 703
Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi GOP would vote t... (Apr '11) 2 hr Swedenforever 208
Gadhafi, in letter, asks Obama to end air strikes (Apr '11) 3 hr Swedenforever 57
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 3 hr Sangelia 9,806
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••