Obama jobs panel lays low

Jul 18, 2012 Full story: Politico 353

President Barack Obama's Jobs Council hasn't met publicly for six months, even as the issue of job creation dominates the 2012 election .

Full Story
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#24 Jul 18, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama single-handedly finding and killing Osama bin Laden is the best issue he has to run on…
Really?

I haven't heard him do that yet.

Oh yeah, that would be 'spiking the football' wouldn't it?

Damn!

Really sucks using Obama's own words, huh?

"If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things."

Keep peddling the "small things" for Obama.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#26 Jul 18, 2012
From Obama's Jobs Council:

Summary of “Road Map to Renewal” Report

This year-end report lays out an agenda to Invest in Our Future through education and innovation, Build on Our Strengths in the critical sectors of energy and manufacturing, and Play to Win by making overdue tax and regulatory reforms.

Prepare the American Workforce to Compete in the Global Economy

The Jobs Council recommends a series of actions that could realign our education systems to better meet workforce and student needs, even as we transform our education system from preschool to high school.

Foster a Climate that Lets Innovation Thrive

To renew America’s leadership in innovation, the Jobs Council calls on the country to boost national investment in R&D, double down on developing the most innovative workforce in the world and lift the level of new startups.

Adopt an “All-In” Strategy on Energy

The Jobs Council recommends optimizing use of U.S. natural resources while protecting public health and the environment, supporting efficiency measures, and driving energy innovation.

Renew American Manufacturing

The Jobs Council believes that, as a nation, we need to go back to the future in manufacturing—and win global share via innovative industries and world-class exports.

Enhance American Competitiveness Through Smart Regulatory Reform

The Jobs Council believes that the regulatory reform initiatives can bolster American competitiveness over the long term, and contribute to productivity growth and job creation while ensuring the American people have the protections they expect and deserve.

Reform the Outdated Tax System to Enhance American Competitiveness

Given the stakes for U.S. competitiveness and fiscal responsibility, the Jobs Council urges Congress and the administration to begin to work on tax reform immediately.

http://www.jobs-council.com/recommendations/

Has Obama acted on any of the recommendations yet?

The House has 29 'jobs' bills passed -- most are held up in the Senate. Has Obama said one word on these?

Is "jobs" really a concern for Obama, or just a "3 letter" (h/t Joe Biden) word that sounds good in campaign speeches?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#27 Jul 18, 2012
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Jul 18, 2012
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
yep...the taxpayers will soon be outnumbered and outvoted by the non-taxpayers, then the fun starts.
I hear New Zealand is a lovely place to live, just sayin' ;()
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#29 Jul 18, 2012
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
You want a job?
GO GET ONE!
STOP whining!
The Federal Govt is
NOT
Going to come to your door &
Hand you a check
for sitting on your butt
In your air conditioned trailer
Posting on topix on your DSL.
More working
Less whining!
What rock do you live under? Of course the government will hand you a check and food stamps too and you have to do nothing for it, absolutely nothing!

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Jul 18, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama single-handedly finding and killing Osama bin Laden is the best issue he has to run on….........
LOL - Three and a half years in and THAT is all he has? Wonderful, only the brain dead even care anymore. No jobs, no growth but WHOOPIE Osama is dead, mowed down, exterminated. Baby Cakes, you can't EAT that sort of news, only money will pay for the groceries and the mortgage. JOBS - that 3 letter word of Biden's, is what counts and Obama could care less about that.

“Flip Flopping My Way”

Since: Feb 12

To The Top!

#31 Jul 18, 2012
Dismayed wrote:
LOL! No wonder he just keeps attacking Romney's character. He's too embarrassed to say what he's really done (or not) during his tenure.
That's right, my friend, because questioning Obama's birth and religion is not attacking his character, but asking me to do what every president has done for the last 50 years is attacking my character.

I demand an apology and I am sure all real Americans will agree with me regardless this vicious attack from the Kenyan.

Help me FLIP FLOP MY WAY TO THE TOP IN 2012!!!

“Flip Flopping My Way”

To The Top!

#32 Jul 18, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
No more communists
Well said, my friend. You are obviously a true man of words.

Thank you for helping me FLIP FLOP MY WAY TO THE TOP IN 2012!!!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#33 Jul 18, 2012
and why the romney camp HASN'T been all over obama's shit about the guy he hired to HEAD that moronic council, is beyond me...jeffery immelt not only paid ZERO corporate taxes, he sent OVER 50,000 jobs over seas... AND did business with iran during the sanctions!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#34 Jul 18, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama single-handedly finding and killing Osama bin Laden is the best issue he has to run on…
it's the ONLY issue he has to run on...and IT'S a lie.

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#35 Jul 18, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Another day has passed; another day where Romney hasn’t released the last 24 years of his tax returns…
What is he hiding?
Forget jobs, forget the economy… it’s the tax returns stupid, LOL!
Forget jobs, forget the economy-----thats just what nobama has been saying the last four years.

The false Marine always finds himself lost in thought - it's an unfamiliar territory.
Reality Bites

AOL

#36 Jul 18, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Another day has passed; another day where Romney hasn’t released the last 24 years of his tax returns…
What is he hiding?
Forget jobs, forget the economy… it’s the tax returns stupid, LOL!
Obama prefers ranting against the kind of people who built America to working on job creation. It seems to be working. Americans are far stupider and more willing to accept less than we were a generation ago.

“Flip Flopping My Way”

To The Top!

#37 Jul 18, 2012
carey529 wrote:
and why the romney camp HASN'T been all over obama's shit about the guy he hired to HEAD that moronic council, is beyond me...jeffery immelt not only paid ZERO corporate taxes, he sent OVER 50,000 jobs over seas... AND did business with iran during the sanctions!
You are so correct, my friend. It's a good thing Mr. Immelt is not running for president.

Thank you for helping me FLIP FLOP MY WAY TO THE TOP IN 2012!!!

“Flip Flopping My Way”

To The Top!

#38 Jul 18, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the ONLY issue he has to run on...and IT'S a lie.
Of course it's a lie, my friend. We all know that Obama wasn't even Commander-In-Chief when Osama was killed. How could he be?? Obama's not even an American.

Remember, my friend, Mitt puts the M in mediocre!!!
Reality Bites

AOL

#39 Jul 18, 2012
Osama Bin Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's a lie, my friend. We all know that Obama wasn't even Commander-In-Chief when Osama was killed. How could he be?? Obama's not even an American.
No one is pretending Obama is worthy of our support. Some just prefer failure and touchy feely nonsense to experience, accomplishment and success. Americans may be too pitiful to prefer a chance with Romney over a guaranteed failure with more Obama.

Flint, TX

#40 Jul 18, 2012
Osama Bin Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
Examples of Mr. Obama, now in his fourth year as president, adopting Bush-era measures:

Special operations forces. One of the first steps taken by President Bush after Sept. 11 was to revive, fund and expand special operations forces as the dog that would hunt down and kill terrorists.

President Bush also made U.S. Special Operations a war-independent command, just like U.S. Central Command, meaning it could plan and execute its own battle plans.

The U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), the Army's Delta Force and Navy’s SEAL Team 6 mostly had focused on hostage rescue. After Sept. 11, they started receiving the manpower and intelligence to become manhunters. Their biggest successes: Saddam Hussein; al Qaeda’s top Iraq terrorist, Abu Musab Zarqawi; and Osama bin Laden.

Special Ops/Intelligence. The Bush administration fused commandos with the nation’s intelligence agencies — the CIA, the National Security Agency and the Defense Intelligence Agency — into task forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Predator strikes. The Bush administration established Predator drone bases in Pakistan to strike at al Qaeda and Taliban extremists in that country’s frontier badlands, where U.S. ground troops cannot go.
A similar drone operation was set up in Yemen.
Mr. Obama has expanded the use of Predator strikes.

Horn of Africa. In one of the first decisions to permanently position U.S. forces in an al Qaeda stomping ground, the Bush Pentagon established the Combined Joint Task Force — Horn of Africa. It rebuilt an old French outpost into a modern, 500-acre military base in Djibouti.

Terrorist Surveillance Program. Mr. Bush authorized a new eavesdropping program designed to capture communications from terrorists abroad to subjects in this country or that pass through switching points to other suspects abroad.

Terrorist Finance Tracking Program. Another counterterrorism effort begun by Mr. Bush, this measure was designed to stop funding of al Qaeda and other militant groups and to locate terrorists. The U.S. Treasury and the CIA tap into databases for global financial transactions.

All of these policies designed by Bush are in use by obama. The speech that night after obl was killed was pathetic. I,I,I, me, me, I.........

Bush got bin laden, Clinton failed the country on it many, many times.

Flint, TX

#41 Jul 18, 2012
Osama Bin Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
The O stands for O shit, I can't let them know Bush did all the planning.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#42 Jul 18, 2012
Americans know who built this country, created businesses, colleges, etc., and it wasn't the Government. J P Morgan Chase did not ask Government for the money to become successful. Henry Ford did not get money from Government to help him build cars. On and On great people made this country what it is, without the poor, and the pitiful.

“Flip Flopping My Way”

To The Top!

#43 Jul 18, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Examples of Mr. Obama, now in his fourth year as president, adopting Bush-era measures:
Special operations forces. One of the first steps taken by President Bush after Sept. 11 was to revive, fund and expand special operations forces as the dog that would hunt down and kill terrorists.
President Bush also made U.S. Special Operations a war-independent command, just like U.S. Central Command, meaning it could plan and execute its own battle plans.
The U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), the Army's Delta Force and Navy’s SEAL Team 6 mostly had focused on hostage rescue. After Sept. 11, they started receiving the manpower and intelligence to become manhunters. Their biggest successes: Saddam Hussein; al Qaeda’s top Iraq terrorist, Abu Musab Zarqawi; and Osama bin Laden.
Special Ops/Intelligence. The Bush administration fused commandos with the nation’s intelligence agencies — the CIA, the National Security Agency and the Defense Intelligence Agency — into task forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Predator strikes. The Bush administration established Predator drone bases in Pakistan to strike at al Qaeda and Taliban extremists in that country’s frontier badlands, where U.S. ground troops cannot go.
A similar drone operation was set up in Yemen.
Mr. Obama has expanded the use of Predator strikes.
Horn of Africa. In one of the first decisions to permanently position U.S. forces in an al Qaeda stomping ground, the Bush Pentagon established the Combined Joint Task Force — Horn of Africa. It rebuilt an old French outpost into a modern, 500-acre military base in Djibouti.
Terrorist Surveillance Program. Mr. Bush authorized a new eavesdropping program designed to capture communications from terrorists abroad to subjects in this country or that pass through switching points to other suspects abroad.
Terrorist Finance Tracking Program. Another counterterrorism effort begun by Mr. Bush, this measure was designed to stop funding of al Qaeda and other militant groups and to locate terrorists. The U.S. Treasury and the CIA tap into databases for global financial transactions.
All of these policies designed by Bush are in use by obama. The speech that night after obl was killed was pathetic. I,I,I, me, me, I.........
Bush got bin laden, Clinton failed the country on it many, many times.
Thank you for pointing that out, sir. Obviously, only a Texan would have the clarity of thought to find a way to blame Bush for nothing and Obama for everything.

It's that kind of deep intellectualism that Texas is known for.

“Flip Flopping My Way”

To The Top!

#44 Jul 18, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Americans know who built this country, created businesses, colleges, etc., and it wasn't the Government. J P Morgan Chase did not ask Government for the money to become successful. Henry Ford did not get money from Government to help him build cars. On and On great people made this country what it is, without the poor, and the pitiful.
That's right sir. Those Chinese immigrants that built the railroads, and those Irish immigrants who came here to work in the shops and factories of the east coast, and those Italian miners who worked in the coal mines and those migrant farm workers were all rich when they got here.

Thank you for pointing that out.

We have such a rich history of rich people in this country. That's what makes us such a great nation.

Well, that and our compassion for our fellow man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Enter 182,298
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,156,637
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr IND 165,586
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 6 hr dont drink the ko... 33,491
Part One: Blacks Unchain Yourselves From Planta... 6 hr Swedenforever 34
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 7 hr redsfanstl 312
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 14 hr Guess Who 8
More from around the web