Commission clears way for Ground Zero mosque site

A city commission on Tuesday denied landmark status to a building near the World Trade Center site, freeing a group to convert the property into an Islamic community center and mosque that has drawn national opposition.

Full Story
First Prev
of 29
Next Last
ZCs

Brooklyn, NY

#590 Aug 21, 2010
Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
It's religion, not race.....you're a mess.
Put the hooch down and try to see things clearly.

Since: Jun 10

2012 A REPEAT OF 2010

#592 Aug 21, 2010
Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb name, dumber icon. I like "bignose boy" better. In fact, let's put it up there in caps like YOU do:
"BIGNOSE BOY"
lol
BIGNOSE BOY has the unemployment rate in OH at 11%.
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#593 Aug 21, 2010
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
By being a stupid bigot and blaming over a billion people for the actions of 40 people on 9/11 you've helped those 40 achieve more than they ever could.
I know I'm going back on my promise not to respond to your idiocy, but this is so blatant it's hard to ignore.

No ... I am not "blaming over a billion people for the actions of 40 people on 9/11" ... terrorism has been a part of my entire life. Aircraft hijackings, bombings, kidnappings ... are you like 10 years old or something? My opinions are formed based upon hundreds of well publicized terrorist acts as well as my travels through the Middle East where I saw their despotic and bizarre Religions/Governments at work.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#594 Aug 21, 2010
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I'm going back on my promise not to respond to your idiocy, but this is so blatant it's hard to ignore.
No ... I am not "blaming over a billion people for the actions of 40 people on 9/11" ... terrorism has been a part of my entire life. Aircraft hijackings, bombings, kidnappings ... are you like 10 years old or something? My opinions are formed based upon hundreds of well publicized terrorist acts as well as my travels through the Middle East where I saw their despotic and bizarre Religions/Governments at work.
Ever toured africa where christians deliberately teach that condoms don't stop AIDS killing hundreds of thousands a year?

Ever seen any remote tribes who call themselves christian but still practice cannibalism?

Ever read about the largest christian church in the world comparing the publics anger at them covering up paedophiles to the nazis killing millions of jews in the holocaust?

Ever heard about a muslim country actually using WMD's?(Iraq was secular until the US made it more dangerous) I know we used poison gas as did most of europe, you used nuclear weapons and carcinogens disguised as defoliants and you'd be hard pressed to find a christian nation which hadn't committed a few massacres.

Still why blame any christian for anything they do when you aren't done foaming at the mouth at muslims yet?

Why view political acts based on the politics of the perpetrators instead of their religion?

Texas, USA

#595 Aug 22, 2010
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Ever toured africa where christians deliberately teach that condoms don't stop AIDS killing hundreds of thousands a year?
2. Ever seen any remote tribes who call themselves christian but still practice cannibalism?
3. Ever read about the largest christian church in the world comparing the publics anger at them covering up paedophiles to the nazis killing millions of jews in the holocaust?
4. Ever heard about a muslim country actually using WMD's?(Iraq was secular until the US made it more dangerous) I know we used poison gas as did most of europe, you used nuclear weapons and carcinogens disguised as defoliants and you'd be hard pressed to find a christian nation which hadn't committed a few massacres.
5. Still why blame any christian for anything they do when you aren't done foaming at the mouth at muslims yet?
6. Why view political acts based on the politics of the perpetrators instead of their religion?
1. No.
2. Love thy neighbor (pass the salt).
3. No. Catholics suck.
4. Lack of capability does not imply lack of intent.
5. Christians suck. Muslims suck.
6. Jihad anyone?

Since: Jan 10

ishmael.org

#596 Aug 26, 2010
I'm ok with the Mosque.
Bloomberg was on TV yesterday and set the record straight:
1. That site is already used as a Islamic Center and has been for a few years.
2. There is already another Mosque 4 blocks from Ground Zero.

So, it seems there is nothing provocative about building a newer Mosque.

This is a dead issue.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#597 Aug 30, 2010
lshmaeI wrote:
I'm ok with the Mosque.
Bloomberg was on TV yesterday and set the record straight:
1. That site is already used as a Islamic Center and has been for a few years.
2. There is already another Mosque 4 blocks from Ground Zero.
So, it seems there is nothing provocative about building a newer Mosque.
This is a dead issue.
Except that THIS particular Imam is a proponent of Shariah Law... so, how's that going to work for the gay community in New York?...
http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arland...

Probably not so good.
link test

United States

#598 Nov 21, 2010
&fe ature=player_embedded

Link test

“image gallery of moenjodaro”

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#599 Aug 7, 2012
The restraining is in effect and hatters can now be happy

Texas, USA

#600 Aug 8, 2012
MOMIN ANSARI wrote:
The restraining is in effect and hatters can now be happy
Good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,124,797
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Cornelius Scudmister 158,626
Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, som... 1 hr Responsibility 20
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 2 hr Responsibility 7
Samuel L. Jackson echoes Morgan Freeman, says T... (Oct '11) 3 hr Swedenforever 25
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Frank 179,261
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 4 hr barefoot2626 933

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE