Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Apr 30, 2011 Full story: www.washingtonpost.com 38,673

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Full Story

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#35876 Mar 16, 2012
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
My questions: What is the initial installation cost (I am NO DIY)? How long will they function (I am not a millionaire)? If they last 10 years from now, what will the replacement cost be at that time, 2022 (I am not a millionaire)?
Sorry. This isn't really my line of work and it's all too rich for my blood. Thousands and thousands of dollars. For the Average Joe to invest in such a system probably would require some kind of grant or at least a tax break. Far as I know, silicon solar cells will keep working "forever" ... nothing is consumed in the transformation of light to electricity. The Sun will eventually "craze" (de-polymerize) most plastics reducing their ability to transmit light. The flexible version of these "solar shingles" by necessity involves plastics, in fact, anything "cheap" involves plastics. I notice they're not going out on any limbs with predictions on how long they'll last. I'd be surprised if the flexible versions outlived ordinary tar shingles. Glass and silicon, of course, does not suffer from this effect but remains susceptible to accumulations of grime and the occasional baseball. Do kids still play street baseball where you live? Big hail stones would probably pummel any solar plant into junk in short order. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Texas, USA

#35877 Mar 16, 2012
Oh ... and while we're thinking about it ... "cheap plastics" come from oil and will become less cheap as oil prices spiral. Silicon, whether being formed into ordinary glass or photovoltaic cells requires large amounts of heat (read energy) to produce. It may take LOTS more energy to make a solar cell than the poor little thing can produce in many years of chugging out milli-amps of current @ half a volt apiece. We all already know about deficit spending ... same thing applies to energy budgets.

Texas, USA

#35878 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>You know i have thought of this question ,nearby stream runs year round harnessing not a problem solar too expensive ,storing safely and effencient of hydroelectric problem ,capicitor , bypass of excess ,and gear reduction my issues,am puzzeled by what to do with more than normal usage,and upkeep of generation unit,afraid of overloading even with bypass or transfer switches,in the event of flash flood or severe weather?
Sorry Vince ... not much time for a detailed answer, but getting useful power out of a "stream" is very problematic. Without a dam, you got no way to control the flow and without a way to control the flow you're basically looking at something that might could be used to (help) keep batteries charged or turn a wheel for grinding grain (but that's what the people without guns will be for).

“ ...just hangin' around ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#35879 Mar 16, 2012
like yer new icon Heh Heh Heh !
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a plan.lol Water boarding as new way for fixing stupid.

Location hidden

#35880 Mar 16, 2012
sounds like a plan ,HehHehHehHeh!
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>All fanatics sent to retraining camps,Iran ,Just give me the launch codes.. the rest of them will fall in line.lol or around the clock high altitude carpet bombing use dumb ammo cheaper,surround their boarders let none of them out a 500 pounder for every 1000 square ft tie barfus to the first one send him back home lol.Would be first reverse suicide bomber.

Location hidden

#35881 Mar 16, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Vince P for president
Cpt sparrow for head of CIA
Barfus and Wolvie for Guantanamo
OMG you have my vote

Since: Feb 10

Madisonville, KY

#35882 Mar 16, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
like yer new icon Heh Heh Heh !<quoted text>
Started to put one of the pics of down in the mines for icon,That one you cant hardly read what it say`s,It reads If you think you are hardcore welcome to Appalacia,lol

Madisonville, KY

#35883 Mar 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you have my vote
Thank you for your support ,lol be better than the other politicians,but can`t lie like they do,could`nt sleep at night.

Location hidden

#35884 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your support ,lol be better than the other politicians,but can`t lie like they do,could`nt sleep at night.
Can't lie?

Sorry you don't have a chance in hell then.

Madisonville, KY

#35885 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>Started to put one of the pics of down in the mines for icon,That one you cant hardly read what it say`s,It reads If you think you are hardcore welcome to Appalacia,lol
typo Appalachia ,don`t want any smart remarks from the spelling police ,the freaking idiots.

Location hidden

#35886 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>typo Appalachia ,don`t want any smart remarks from the spelling police ,the freaking idiots.
I don't care about no spelling police and definitely don't want to see no stinkin' badges either.

Here's some good music.'9 below zero

Sonny Boy Williamson & Otis Spann

&fe ature=related

Madisonville, KY

#35887 Mar 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't lie?
Sorry you don't have a chance in hell then.
But just think a hillbilly president,a Cherokee Indian decendent in charge of CIA dealing with threats, HMMMMMM Now that would set the world on it`s toes.lol

Madisonville, KY

#35888 Mar 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about no spelling police and definitely don't want to see no stinkin' badges either.
Here's some good music.'9 below zero
Sonny Boy Williamson & Otis Spann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AGUGXOxs6p0XX&feature=rel ated
SWEET delta blues !! I play the harmonica too,Robert Johnson best guitar player ever.

Location hidden

#35889 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>But just think a hillbilly president,a Cherokee Indian decendent in charge of CIA dealing with threats, HMMMMMM Now that would set the world on it`s toes.lol
I would call it justice.

Location hidden

#35890 Mar 16, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text>SWEET delta blues !! I play the harmonica too,Robert Johnson best guitar player ever.
Damn. I play a mean guitar and sing. Too bad you are so far away.

Location hidden

#35891 Mar 16, 2012
Try this one.

&fe ature=related

Location hidden

#35892 Mar 16, 2012
Shame we Ain't got a chance, I bet We could do better than the clowns in office now. that an lock up a few of the rich crooks Who've bankrupted the Country.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you have my vote

Location hidden

#35893 Mar 16, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Shame we Ain't got a chance, I bet We could do better than the clowns in office now. that an lock up a few of the rich crooks Who've bankrupted the Country.
<quoted text>
Lock them up? I saw this show last night,'Original Sin.'

They had this great device to use on people like that. Basically it broke their neck but very slowly with a great deal of excruciating pain involved.

Madisonville, KY

#35894 Mar 16, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tie em too a stump in the everglades or the jungle or the mountains, let em deal with mother nature,No amount of money can save you there..

Madisonville, KY

#35895 Mar 16, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lock them up? I saw this show last night,'Original Sin.'
They had this great device to use on people like that. Basically it broke their neck but very slowly with a great deal of excruciating pain involved.
Try next of kin more like my home place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min The Ghost of Tony... 1,129,381
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Obama Zombies 159,734
Typical White Denial: Reflections on Racism and... (Mar '09) 3 hr man1 14
Obama's final mission in 'his' last election: G... 3 hr Bubonic 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Frank 179,677
Czech premier, currently European Union preside... (Mar '09) 6 hr ming on mongo 11
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 6 hr litesong 33,107

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE