Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,552
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Read more
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#115333 May 31, 2012
More of the same stupid hacking at Obama by far-right fools who can't name a single accomplishment of the Republicans. Happens every time.

In case you haven't noticed you've repeated your attacks on Obama ad-nauseum. Here's your chance to proclaim Republican successes and you can't.

Same old drivel. Hilarious.

Now make some more ignorant attacks on Obama.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#115334 May 31, 2012
Dee Lay wrote:
<quoted text>What has Obama accomplished since 2008 ?
Stimulus stopped the slide though was not large enough to give growth a pop.

Healthcare Bill started off covering kids to age 26 on parents policy and forced insurance to take pre-existing conditions.

Wound Down Iraq.

Surge in Afghanistan.

Tax cuts for the lower and middle classes.

So far the Republican have maintained a tax cut for the rich AND offered to cut taxes by $2 Tril more instead of decreasing the deficit.

South Central Virginia

#115335 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
Obama’s accomplishments … debt, 15.5 trillion, deficits, trillion plus, youth employment 23 year low, 1out 2 college grads find employment, 1-15 Americans fall in to extreme poverty; this is what Liberals/Democrats embrace as success!!
If I am not mistaken, while the President requests an increase in the debt ceiling, the House has to approve the request. Further, the House has to approve the budgets that force an increase in the debt ceiling.

That $15.5 Tril debt is a bipartisan effort since 2011, Democrat for 2009 - 2010, and Republican before that.

Not at all, it is the best that can be accomplished when Republicans are involved. Kind of like the debt.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#115336 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not mistaken, while the President requests an increase in the debt ceiling, the House has to approve the request. Further, the House has to approve the budgets that force an increase in the debt ceiling.
That $15.5 Tril debt is a bipartisan effort since 2011, Democrat for 2009 - 2010, and Republican before that.
Not at all, it is the best that can be accomplished when Republicans are involved. Kind of like the debt.
Nice try!! This is Obama’s debt his economy it’s time to man-up and take Responsibility!!

South Central Virginia

#115337 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try!! This is Obama’s debt his economy it’s time to man-up and take Responsibility!!
If the President requests $X in his budget and the House and the Senate pass a budget (or spending) that equal $X plus $Y, who owns it? The House passed more spending than was requested by the President.

Was it Reagan or those free-spending Democrats in Congress?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#115338 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would support a party that thinks the job of the Senate and House is to ensue the President is a one term President when he is not of their party?
The job of the Senate and House is to fund the government, provide oversight thereof and to provide new legistlation as needed. This is true regardless of who is President.
The role of the minority party in either is to help ensure that the other party does not go to far left or right and to try and incorporate their values into legistlation as they are able to do so.
Newt Gingrich changed the trajectory in this country. Before both sides prided themselves on bipartisanship; now it is scorned. Everyone is mean and nasty and stubborn that it seems like a bunch of spoiled brat bullies. They are there to do the peoples work and not pander to extremists and corporations. The Supreme Court sold this country with Citizens United. Welcome to fascism.

South Central Virginia

#115339 May 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Newt Gingrich changed the trajectory in this country. Before both sides prided themselves on bipartisanship; now it is scorned. Everyone is mean and nasty and stubborn that it seems like a bunch of spoiled brat bullies. They are there to do the peoples work and not pander to extremists and corporations. The Supreme Court sold this country with Citizens United. Welcome to fascism.
There may be a crack in the armor of the SCOTUS decision. I heard there will be a case concerning foreign corporations. The court has already ruled that foreigners in the US can not contribute. This differentiation over who can and who can not can force a reconsideration of the corporate right to free speech.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#115340 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
If the President requests $X in his budget and the House and the Senate pass a budget (or spending) that equal $X plus $Y, who owns it? The House passed more spending than was requested by the President.
Okboston I’ll make my response short, Obama out in November!! Maybe Jimmy can give Obama hammer/nails so he ‘Obama’ like Jimmy can start rehabilitating his presidency…just a thought!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#115341 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be a crack in the armor of the SCOTUS decision. I heard there will be a case concerning foreign corporations. The court has already ruled that foreigners in the US can not contribute. This differentiation over who can and who can not can force a reconsideration of the corporate right to free speech.
The Presidency shouldn't be sold to the highest bidder. Having to raise a billion dollars to campaign is insane. All of these old billionaires with nothing better to do than spend it on smearing someone is adding to public discord. Most people aren't bright enough to get it that it's all lies and distortion.
Perhaps the American people should just not vote at all, or sell their votes to the highest bidder to!

South Central Virginia

#115342 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Okboston I’ll make my response short, Obama out in November!! Maybe Jimmy can give Obama hammer/nails so he ‘Obama’ like Jimmy can start rehabilitating his presidency…just a thought!!!
The only possible replacement has no idea how our government works. He thinks on day 1 he can announce budget cuts and something will happen.

I notice you avoided my question.

South Central Virginia

#115343 May 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidency shouldn't be sold to the highest bidder. Having to raise a billion dollars to campaign is insane. All of these old billionaires with nothing better to do than spend it on smearing someone is adding to public discord. Most people aren't bright enough to get it that it's all lies and distortion.
Perhaps the American people should just not vote at all, or sell their votes to the highest bidder to!
Another problem with the TEA Party. First they agree with the decision that corporations are people.

Second, they want their government to listen to them instead of the corporations.

Finally, they do not support ammending the Constitution to fix these problems.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#115344 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would support a party that thinks the job of the Senate and House is to ensue the President is a one term President when he is not of their party?
The job of the Senate and House is to fund the government, provide oversight thereof and to provide new legistlation as needed. This is true regardless of who is President.
The role of the minority party in either is to help ensure that the other party does not go to far left or right and to try and incorporate their values into legistlation as they are able to do so.
About half the country supports that party... and they are just as foolish as you are for blindly following the other party.

What will it take for you to realize that they are pretty much both the same? I mean, all of you liberals are now clapping for Obama doing things that you criticized bush for.

For example: NDAA, kill list, enemy list, war mongering, war in Libya without congressional approval, patriot act, expanding and more invasive TSA, the list goes on.

If bush did any of that, I believe that you would fiercely oppose it (as you should). But Obama DID do it... so you think it's just fine. But only because the guy with the pen has a "D" instead of an "R." And that is all most Americans care about these days, a damn letter. Not the policy, just the letter.

Please don't once again completely miss the point and tell me how bad republicans are. I know. I'm not a republican. they are just as bad as democrats.

The point is that we need to evolve past this nonsense. America is fighting each other in support of the SAME BS... it's just in 2 different packages.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#115345 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you are still using the same old lie you used a few years ago.
Let's refresh your dense memory.
The last 2 years Bush was president, the budget rose sharply. Who was in control of the house????? Yes you got that right, the demolosers.
And you cried for nearly 3 years it was Bush's fault.
Yet you also just the past 2 budget increases were crying that the repubs wanted the Gov to shut down to say "look they don't cooperate.
Yet you easily on purpose mind you, forget to mention that the Senate rejected every cut the repubs put out there. But again you want to just blame everyone buy the dems.
As I mentioned several times. You are a typical liar. Bent on "trying" to make Oloser look good.
Sorry, but that hope and change has only hurt the people. Only a "sane" person gets it. Unlike people like yourself.

As I told you last year, Oloser will lose this election. Why? Cause he can't win on his record. He hasn't done nothing but raised the debt and deficit even more.
And if you want I can get you the same facts to show that the dems passed the crazy budgets under Bush. So quit lying! You are only fooling yourself!

South Central Virginia

#115346 Jun 1, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
About half the country supports that party... and they are just as foolish as you are for blindly following the other party.
What will it take for you to realize that they are pretty much both the same? I mean, all of you liberals are now clapping for Obama doing things that you criticized bush for.
For example: NDAA, kill list, enemy list, war mongering, war in Libya without congressional approval, patriot act, expanding and more invasive TSA, the list goes on.
If bush did any of that, I believe that you would fiercely oppose it (as you should). But Obama DID do it... so you think it's just fine. But only because the guy with the pen has a "D" instead of an "R." And that is all most Americans care about these days, a damn letter. Not the policy, just the letter.
Please don't once again completely miss the point and tell me how bad republicans are. I know. I'm not a republican. they are just as bad as democrats.
The point is that we need to evolve past this nonsense. America is fighting each other in support of the SAME BS... it's just in 2 different packages.
You are making an assumption that I blindly follow the other party. I don't. It is just the Republicans are so screwed up I don't understand how a rational, thinking person can follow them.

Over time that will change and I will go back to supporting more Republicans than Democrats.

And while I don't necessarilly agree with all Democrat policies, not supporting either is a fools game.

South Central Virginia

#115347 Jun 1, 2012
Bill_S wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you are still using the same old lie you used a few years ago.
Let's refresh your dense memory.
The last 2 years Bush was president, the budget rose sharply. Who was in control of the house????? Yes you got that right, the demolosers.
And you cried for nearly 3 years it was Bush's fault.
Yet you also just the past 2 budget increases were crying that the repubs wanted the Gov to shut down to say "look they don't cooperate.
Yet you easily on purpose mind you, forget to mention that the Senate rejected every cut the repubs put out there. But again you want to just blame everyone buy the dems.
As I mentioned several times. You are a typical liar. Bent on "trying" to make Oloser look good.
Sorry, but that hope and change has only hurt the people. Only a "sane" person gets it. Unlike people like yourself.
As I told you last year, Oloser will lose this election. Why? Cause he can't win on his record. He hasn't done nothing but raised the debt and deficit even more.
And if you want I can get you the same facts to show that the dems passed the crazy budgets under Bush. So quit lying! You are only fooling yourself!
I have no problem holding Obama accountable when I am discussing things with individuals that hold bush accountable.

BTW: Obama's current spending is below bush's last year (2009). And if you want to stick with the claim that there is no budget, you really have to look at who is approving the spending.

The Senate agreed to over $2 Tril in budget cuts in order to increase the debt ceiling. The House, in their very next political budget inserted $2 Tril in tax cuts. What does that do to the overall debt? It means cutting spending is useless and it is the House making it so.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115348 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
What delusional burble are you spewing now, OKB?

Last time I checked, the US Senate is controlled by the Incompetent-in-Chief's OWN PARTY.

Same bunch of stalwarts that REJECTED OBOBO'S BUDGET UNANIMOUSLY.

Lead a nation? This incompetent can't even lead HIS OWN PARTY.
okboston wrote:
<quoted text> The job of the Senate and House is to fund the government, provide oversight thereof and to provide new legistlation as needed. This is true regardless of who is President.
Maybe on Planet OKB, but here in the real world, that's utter bullshyte.

The role of the minority party is to do whatever it takes to convince the People to throw the bums of the other party out in the next election.

Pure and simple.

If you believe otherwise, it's time to stop posting as OKB and start posting as "Pollyanna."
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115349 Jun 1, 2012
joe wrote:
More of the same stupid hacking at Obama by far-right fools who can't name a single accomplishment of the Republicans. Happens every time.
In case you haven't noticed you've repeated your attacks on Obama ad-nauseum. Here's your chance to proclaim Republican successes and you can't.
Same old drivel. Hilarious.
Now make some more ignorant attacks on Obama.
joe -

you need to get used to the FACT that when you're IN power, it's all about what YOU have and haven't done with that power.

No one give a rat's azz about anything else. You either have a case, or you don't - and if you don't, you deserve to be thrown out of office.

Want proof? Tell us all about the many accomplishments of Obobo that won him the election in 2008.

Oh! Oh! I hear you say ... but it's only PROGRESSIVES and DEMS that deserve election on nothing more than a smooth spiel!

Bend over, joe - now it's your turn. And remember as you're being drilled - you have only one Incompetent-in-Chief to blame for it.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115350 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Stimulus stopped the slide though was not large enough to give growth a pop.
i.e., EPIC Failure.
okboston wrote:
<quoted text> Healthcare Bill started off covering kids to age 26 on parents policy and forced insurance to take pre-existing conditions.
With Obobo MAGIC MONEY from the Magic Money Tree. In the middle of an economic recession caused by an over-leveraged financial system and a federal deficit growing faster than anyone could count - Obobo pours GASOLINE on the fire that's burning down the nation.

We needed an out-of-control federal government slashed back under control and an economic turn-around. Obobo gave us an OBAMASCARE travesty that most Americans didn't want, and still want repealed.

EPIC STUPIDITY AND FAILURE
okboston wrote:
<quoted text> Wound Down Iraq.
Credit - BUSH. Obobo merely obediently follows thru as required by the Status of Forces agreement negotiated and put in place by the Bush Administration.
okboston wrote:
<quoted text> Surge in Afghanistan.
EPIC FAILURE. http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/11/obama...
okboston wrote:
<quoted text> Tax cuts for the lower and middle classes.
Great. A nation in which only half the households pay FIT that's going broke faster than anyone can count, and tax CUTS for the pnes that aren't paying any in the first place is your idea of smart, prudent success?

EPIC FAILURE once again.

So you're 0-for-5 there, OKB - in fact the Romney campaign could not have produced a more convincing case for dumping the Incompetent Amateur Obobo than that.

You wanna go for double-or-nothing? Please?
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115351 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
it is the best that can be accomplished when Republicans are involved. Kind of like the debt.
Translation - THE POTUS IS COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT AS A LEADER - INCAPABLE OF LEADING THE NEATION WHEN HIS OWN PARTY CONTROLS BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS.

Just thought we should make clear what you're actually saying there, OKB.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#115352 Jun 1, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, stupid question,OKB.

You know perfectly well it is the PRESIDENT and ONLY the President who is responsible for actually spending the money.

1) He has veto power over the budget - THE FINAL ABSOLUTE POWER

2) All federal mspending is done OVER HIS SIGNATURE - not Congress's. Congress merely AUTHORIZES. The POTUS SPENDS, and is 100% accountable for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RUSH0ME 1,206,448
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 8 min spud 215
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 47 min Le Jimbo 175,759
News In Feingold loss, his base turns on its own (Nov '10) 2 hr Fat for me 75
News Palin: Not my fault McCain lost (Nov '08) 8 hr ImmaGetMeSome 827
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 hr JRB 185,851
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 17 hr lightbeamrider 706
More from around the web