Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,560
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
uWorldIdiotRaces MAkePeace

United States

#115324 May 30, 2012
Most of u still have not a clue, no longer a bipartisanship at helm but a bipartisanShop-of-horrors (leaders)! do Get of the koolaid!

WBhahhahahaaaaaaa
uWorldIdiotRaces MAkePeace

United States

#115325 May 30, 2012
What all you should concern with are the (illegal) extra-constitutional that will become more frequent as fascist US is becoming more demanding to control us AMericans
Cap

Reading, PA

#115326 May 30, 2012
nac wrote:
Break free from your party, think for yourself, BECOME AN AMERICAN!
Yeeeah, get it on. Like Randall McCoy and Anse Hatfield.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#115327 May 31, 2012
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
And the list of liberal success is what, exactly?
To be frank, if all of you partisan knuckleheads cared about America half as much as you care about your corrupt political party... our republic would stand a chance...
But almost all Americans have pledged their allegiance to a party instead of this country.
Sadly, it will be the main factor in the demise of our sovereignty as a nation.
I implore ALL of you to think about what you are accomplishing with your partisan bullsh!t. I implore you to think about how America and FREEDOM are way cooler than your corrupt political party.
Who would support a party that thinks the job of the Senate and House is to ensue the President is a one term President when he is not of their party?

The job of the Senate and House is to fund the government, provide oversight thereof and to provide new legistlation as needed. This is true regardless of who is President.

The role of the minority party in either is to help ensure that the other party does not go to far left or right and to try and incorporate their values into legistlation as they are able to do so.
finding

Jonesboro, AR

#115328 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
President to take Memorial Day off!! I guess he doesn’t want to confuse Memorial Day with Veteran Day again!! Mr., President come November you’re going to have plenty of Time Off!!
I agree.

“"U.S. Constitution"”

Since: Mar 09

Tea-Party

#115329 May 31, 2012
joe wrote:
What has the GOP accomplished since 2000 which is
recognized as a success?
Besides tax cuts for the rich.
These guys can't run on successes so they demean those who are trying to repair their damage.
What has Obama accomplished since 2008 ?
finding

Jonesboro, AR

#115330 May 31, 2012
uWorldIdiotRacesMAkePeace wrote:
What all we should be concern with are the (illegal) extra-constitutional that will become more frequent as fascist US is becoming more demanding to control us AMericans
Right on, they will be telling us what time to eat, go to bed, go to poop, what time to get up, if we can nap during the day, etc. We need a change.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#115332 May 31, 2012
Obama’s accomplishments … debt, 15.5 trillion, deficits, trillion plus, youth employment 23 year low, 1out 2 college grads find employment, 1-15 Americans fall in to extreme poverty; this is what Liberals/Democrats embrace as success!!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#115333 May 31, 2012
More of the same stupid hacking at Obama by far-right fools who can't name a single accomplishment of the Republicans. Happens every time.

In case you haven't noticed you've repeated your attacks on Obama ad-nauseum. Here's your chance to proclaim Republican successes and you can't.

Same old drivel. Hilarious.

Now make some more ignorant attacks on Obama.

South Central Virginia

#115334 May 31, 2012
Dee Lay wrote:
<quoted text>What has Obama accomplished since 2008 ?
Stimulus stopped the slide though was not large enough to give growth a pop.

Healthcare Bill started off covering kids to age 26 on parents policy and forced insurance to take pre-existing conditions.

Wound Down Iraq.

Surge in Afghanistan.

Tax cuts for the lower and middle classes.

So far the Republican have maintained a tax cut for the rich AND offered to cut taxes by $2 Tril more instead of decreasing the deficit.

South Central Virginia

#115335 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
Obama’s accomplishments … debt, 15.5 trillion, deficits, trillion plus, youth employment 23 year low, 1out 2 college grads find employment, 1-15 Americans fall in to extreme poverty; this is what Liberals/Democrats embrace as success!!
If I am not mistaken, while the President requests an increase in the debt ceiling, the House has to approve the request. Further, the House has to approve the budgets that force an increase in the debt ceiling.

That $15.5 Tril debt is a bipartisan effort since 2011, Democrat for 2009 - 2010, and Republican before that.

Not at all, it is the best that can be accomplished when Republicans are involved. Kind of like the debt.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#115336 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not mistaken, while the President requests an increase in the debt ceiling, the House has to approve the request. Further, the House has to approve the budgets that force an increase in the debt ceiling.
That $15.5 Tril debt is a bipartisan effort since 2011, Democrat for 2009 - 2010, and Republican before that.
Not at all, it is the best that can be accomplished when Republicans are involved. Kind of like the debt.
Nice try!! This is Obama’s debt his economy it’s time to man-up and take Responsibility!!

South Central Virginia

#115337 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try!! This is Obama’s debt his economy it’s time to man-up and take Responsibility!!
If the President requests $X in his budget and the House and the Senate pass a budget (or spending) that equal $X plus $Y, who owns it? The House passed more spending than was requested by the President.

Was it Reagan or those free-spending Democrats in Congress?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#115338 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would support a party that thinks the job of the Senate and House is to ensue the President is a one term President when he is not of their party?
The job of the Senate and House is to fund the government, provide oversight thereof and to provide new legistlation as needed. This is true regardless of who is President.
The role of the minority party in either is to help ensure that the other party does not go to far left or right and to try and incorporate their values into legistlation as they are able to do so.
Newt Gingrich changed the trajectory in this country. Before both sides prided themselves on bipartisanship; now it is scorned. Everyone is mean and nasty and stubborn that it seems like a bunch of spoiled brat bullies. They are there to do the peoples work and not pander to extremists and corporations. The Supreme Court sold this country with Citizens United. Welcome to fascism.

South Central Virginia

#115339 May 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Newt Gingrich changed the trajectory in this country. Before both sides prided themselves on bipartisanship; now it is scorned. Everyone is mean and nasty and stubborn that it seems like a bunch of spoiled brat bullies. They are there to do the peoples work and not pander to extremists and corporations. The Supreme Court sold this country with Citizens United. Welcome to fascism.
There may be a crack in the armor of the SCOTUS decision. I heard there will be a case concerning foreign corporations. The court has already ruled that foreigners in the US can not contribute. This differentiation over who can and who can not can force a reconsideration of the corporate right to free speech.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#115340 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
If the President requests $X in his budget and the House and the Senate pass a budget (or spending) that equal $X plus $Y, who owns it? The House passed more spending than was requested by the President.
Was it Reagan or those free-spending Democrats in Congress?
Okboston I’ll make my response short, Obama out in November!! Maybe Jimmy can give Obama hammer/nails so he ‘Obama’ like Jimmy can start rehabilitating his presidency…just a thought!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#115341 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be a crack in the armor of the SCOTUS decision. I heard there will be a case concerning foreign corporations. The court has already ruled that foreigners in the US can not contribute. This differentiation over who can and who can not can force a reconsideration of the corporate right to free speech.
The Presidency shouldn't be sold to the highest bidder. Having to raise a billion dollars to campaign is insane. All of these old billionaires with nothing better to do than spend it on smearing someone is adding to public discord. Most people aren't bright enough to get it that it's all lies and distortion.
Perhaps the American people should just not vote at all, or sell their votes to the highest bidder to!

South Central Virginia

#115342 May 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Okboston I’ll make my response short, Obama out in November!! Maybe Jimmy can give Obama hammer/nails so he ‘Obama’ like Jimmy can start rehabilitating his presidency…just a thought!!!
The only possible replacement has no idea how our government works. He thinks on day 1 he can announce budget cuts and something will happen.

I notice you avoided my question.

South Central Virginia

#115343 May 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The Presidency shouldn't be sold to the highest bidder. Having to raise a billion dollars to campaign is insane. All of these old billionaires with nothing better to do than spend it on smearing someone is adding to public discord. Most people aren't bright enough to get it that it's all lies and distortion.
Perhaps the American people should just not vote at all, or sell their votes to the highest bidder to!
Another problem with the TEA Party. First they agree with the decision that corporations are people.

Second, they want their government to listen to them instead of the corporations.

Finally, they do not support ammending the Constitution to fix these problems.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#115344 May 31, 2012
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
About half the country supports that party... and they are just as foolish as you are for blindly following the other party.

What will it take for you to realize that they are pretty much both the same? I mean, all of you liberals are now clapping for Obama doing things that you criticized bush for.

For example: NDAA, kill list, enemy list, war mongering, war in Libya without congressional approval, patriot act, expanding and more invasive TSA, the list goes on.

If bush did any of that, I believe that you would fiercely oppose it (as you should). But Obama DID do it... so you think it's just fine. But only because the guy with the pen has a "D" instead of an "R." And that is all most Americans care about these days, a damn letter. Not the policy, just the letter.

Please don't once again completely miss the point and tell me how bad republicans are. I know. I'm not a republican. they are just as bad as democrats.

The point is that we need to evolve past this nonsense. America is fighting each other in support of the SAME BS... it's just in 2 different packages.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min flack 1,192,183
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Sunshine 172,253
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min The_Box 185,071
Netanyahu speech exposes partisan and diplomati... 1 hr Fox_Y_Fiends 57
High court takes up major fight over health law... 3 hr kuda 6
Opinion: New Hillary Clinton scandal won't stick 5 hr lolol 4
Who is the worst president since WWII ? (Jul '14) 6 hr Here Is One 1,423
More from around the web