'Long shot' bill would stop Congress' pay if no budget

Mar 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Feb. 15: Senate Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, D-N.D., right, looks on as the committee's ranking Republican, Sen.

Comments
21 - 40 of 96 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2012
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 14, 2012
 
ARE Ya BETTER OFF NOW,THAN THREE YEARS AGO???

if Ya Are there on the Government Dole in DC...Over 5 million AMERICAS are not!

Todays Polls show the so called INDEPENDENTS,not the Left or the Right...for they are not changing..But The the PRESIDENT MAKERS INDEPENDENTS! are ,and will Vote to DUMP HUSSIEN!

More than 38% say Worse,19 % say better..The rest do not give a shit no more...they are now in MISERY,,Hi GAS,No JOBS,Lost Homes,TOYS Gone,Kids education,...Americans Today are in OBAMAS LOCK DOWN....Most cannot afford to travel no more....GAS,JET Tickets,Food....YUCK....

like the PEANUT FARMER,the Community Worker,A Prodigy of Rev. Wright MUST BE SENT BACK TO THUGSVILLE....This time he is part of the High ONE PERCENT..left Chicago with his Dick in hand,and now he is a ONE PERCENTER!!

THROW RTHE SCOUNDRILS OUT!
Wake Up

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 14, 2012
 
Sure I will disclose my personal finances here to all the progressives. Hey speaking of the market many small investing folks already lost their 401k when the market tanked in the past and are no longer in it. Many have put their money into cash to protect it as well. And many are using it to live off of, as they are unemployed and taking the penalty if they are under 59 and half years old. And many have had their house values drop so much, by one third tanked, that any money they made in the stock market would be negated... let alone if that is their only retirement income with no pension... with food and gas prices escalating, and the debt spiraled out of control now, austerity will come, and what will become of the stock market... It appears that you do not realize that market has been shored up with much quantitive easing, and inflation which has already begun....
Makes sense wrote:
Wake up! Wake up! How much was in your 401K in 2008 and how much is in it now? Is it up or down?
Wake Up

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 14, 2012
 
To hell with the 16 trillion debt, ride the wave!
Makes sense wrote:
Mine is up!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 14, 2012
 
They just write a budget then what they want they take off budget like Bush did. The balanced budget is just a another republican gemmick. Republicans said they would do no more earmarks so they just changed the name to special projects and went on wasting tax payer money. Republicans are such liars.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 14, 2012
 
Wake Up wrote:
To hell with the 16 trillion debt, ride the wave! <quoted text>
leech
fatbacks x

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 14, 2012
 
Why are they getting paid in the first place??? They're all worthless as teats on grease!
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Mar 14, 2012
 
Thats a good idea hit em in the wallet might jumpstart em into doing their job.

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Mar 14, 2012
 
of course it's a longshot, they're voting whether or not to pay THEMSELVES!
TedsLiver

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
So you finally admit that Bush was the cause of the 2nd Great Depression in 2008??? There's hope for you yet!
Presidents get the credit and the blame for EVERYTHING that happens on their watch!!!
. I guess reading comprehension was not taught at your school. Obama is the principle causes of the current depression.
Obama2012

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Mar 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

No Child Left wrote:
Of course, no one in Congress will ever see a payless payday. The beauty of what has evolved as our government is that any inconvenience can be swept away with hastily and thoughtlessly composed legislation. Corruption abounds from the local to the national level. Unfortunately, even those whom I presume to be well educated and informed, roll their eyes and change the subject if matters such as this are introduced into the conversation. Most care more about the standings on "Dancing with the Stars."
With all of the 'well-educated' politicians that have been seated in Congress, the Senate and the Executive office there should never have been a housing crisis, war(s), homeless people or scandals. What we do have are a bunch of ignorant, vile soulless maggots who prey on the the working people of this country and could care less that we have sunk to a 3rd world status and are now under the control of an illegal dictator.
Obama2012

Belle Vernon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Mar 14, 2012
 
TedsLiver wrote:
<quoted text>. I guess reading comprehension was not taught at your school. Obama is the principle causes of the current depression.
Obama is a depression.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Obama2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is a depression.
Obama camp: If election were today, Mitt would win...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wake Up wrote:
And to hell with the little guys and gals paying at the pump for fuel. The green agenda matters more, to their small extremist environmental base. <quoted text>
It's your choice to drive. Ever heard of public transportation? How about a bicycle? How about walking?

No wonder 2/3rd of Americans are obese. Hopefully gas & food prices keep going up and maybe all the fatties will be forced to eat less and walk more and finally slim down to a healthy weight.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wake Up wrote:
Sure I will disclose my personal finances here to all the progressives. Hey speaking of the market many small investing folks already lost their 401k when the market tanked in the past and are no longer in it. Many have put their money into cash to protect it as well. And many are using it to live off of, as they are unemployed and taking the penalty if they are under 59 and half years old. And many have had their house values drop so much, by one third tanked, that any money they made in the stock market would be negated... let alone if that is their only retirement income with no pension... with food and gas prices escalating, and the debt spiraled out of control now, austerity will come, and what will become of the stock market... It appears that you do not realize that market has been shored up with much quantitive easing, and inflation which has already begun.... <quoted text>
Oooh boo fricking hoo for you!

Pisspoor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for me.

If you failed to plan for you own retirement and bought an over priced home and still drive a gas guzzling vehicle then you're just stupid.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Mar 15, 2012
 
Freddy Von Fringle wrote:
Almost unanimous votes on trashing our Bill of Rights at every opportunity. Indefinite detention, freedom of assembly and freedom of speech being done away with it seems more each week
But passing a bill that says you don't get paid if you don't do your job that you were elected to do
Yeah...that's a "long shot"
Perhaps the goal should be term Limits? This would limit the individual perks, free jet rides weekly across country,$15 muffins, pork, etc. If time were limited the reps might actually have Do Someting worthwhile rather than just fold under the bus and capitulate to the powerful ones so they will vote on 'my' bills. For some reason, they believe they must pass anything (even unread) to make a name for their own reelection

It's a sad commentary that any bill would need to be passed to encourage/force 'employees'/'representatives' to do their job!

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wow...there sure are a lot of angry little people on here getting all worked up because President Obama met with Britains Prime Minister.

Bush did it all the time.
Never heard a peep out of you inbreds.
Seems pretty black and white to me.....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't.
Yep, you are correct. If the rules were followed and we had a working budget, it would "limit" the blank check to stutdy 2 inch lizards and spotted owls and , and, and,

How would congress pay off their supporters and get reelected if the (our) funds were limited?

Math is not a strong point for these folks who have (for the most part) never worked a day in their life nor had to decide whether to pay rent,l buy food, or medicine for the kids.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TedsLiver wrote:
<quoted text>. I guess reading comprehension was not taught at your school. Obama is the principle causes of the current depression.
Uhhhhh...
I guess you don't get out of your
cave very often, but we've been
out of the recession (not a
depression) for a while now.

Perhaps you should read up
a little before attempting
to blog about politics when
clearly, you know nothing
about it.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CHECK SIX wrote:
ARE Ya BETTER OFF NOW,THAN THREE YEARS AGO???
if Ya Are there on the Government Dole in DC...Over 5 million AMERICAS are not!
Todays Polls show the so called INDEPENDENTS,not the Left or the Right...for they are not changing..But The the PRESIDENT MAKERS INDEPENDENTS! are ,and will Vote to DUMP HUSSIEN!
More than 38% say Worse,19 % say better..The rest do not give a shit no more...they are now in MISERY,,Hi GAS,No JOBS,Lost Homes,TOYS Gone,Kids education,...Americans Today are in OBAMAS LOCK DOWN....Most cannot afford to travel no more....GAS,JET Tickets,Food....YUCK....
like the PEANUT FARMER,the Community Worker,A Prodigy of Rev. Wright MUST BE SENT BACK TO THUGSVILLE....This time he is part of the High ONE PERCENT..left Chicago with his Dick in hand,and now he is a ONE PERCENTER!!
THROW RTHE SCOUNDRILS OUT!
I'm better off in my business
and my husband just had to hire a new
employee because he can't get to his clients
fast enough.

Please, continue your yelling now.
I'm sure that will create lots
of jobs.
mike

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

TedsLiver wrote:
<quoted text>. I guess reading comprehension was not taught at your school. Obama is the principle causes of the current depression.
I seem to recall that the recession occured under BUSH NOT OBAMA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••