Milestones in uncertain times

CULLOWHEE A torrential downpour drenched dozens of friends and family members as they walked from distant parking lots to the Ramsey Center at Western Carolina University Saturday, but the 860 graduates waiting inside to march across the stage and receive their diplomas felt nothing but euphoria and hope for the future. Full Story

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Since: Feb 07

Weaverville, NC

#1 May 9, 2009
my cousin just graduated from western today. She is very happy to get out of there.

Since: May 09

Mountains of WNC

#2 May 9, 2009
workzone smartie wrote:
my cousin just graduated from western today. She is very happy to get out of there.
I work at WCU. Did she not like the school? What program was she in? Like any school, there are some good and not so good programs.

Since: May 09

Mountains of WNC

#3 May 9, 2009
This article contains an error. It mentions one graduate going on to graduate school at Wingate College. I went to Wingate when it was a college but it is now Wingate University. Some fact-checking would be nice.

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Since: Feb 07

Weaverville, NC

#4 May 10, 2009
Jackson_County wrote:
<quoted text>I work at WCU. Did she not like the school? What program was she in? Like any school, there are some good and not so good programs.
She really liked the school (a lot BETTER than UNCA) she was in the field of interior designer. Another cousin of mine is there as well, and her major is teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Carolina University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollis to play for North Georgia this fall (Nov '12) Nov '12 feleciapearl 1
Western Carolina fires offensive coordinator (Jan '11) Jan '11 oldschool81 1
Men's basketball: Ohio State blitzes Western Ca... (Dec '10) Dec '10 FLABUCK 22
UTEP men thrash W. Carolina in Classic (Nov '10) Nov '10 build it 23
WCU's offense sputters in loss to Chattanooga (Sep '10) Sep '10 pa wcu fan 2
Mocs win 24-20 (Nov '09) Nov '09 Pandoria Watson 1
Cats lose another opening-round game (Mar '09) Mar '09 Upstatecat88 4

Western Carolina University NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE