ECU and UCF have a Conference USA rivalry in the making

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

They aren't trading verbal jabs, but UCF and East Carolina players admit there is a budding rivalry between the two teams.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hummell

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 31, 2008
 
It's funny how all of UCF's Rivalry's are against teams they can hardly ever beat. They NEVER beat USF and call that a "rivalry". They are 1-6 against ECU and call that a "rivalry". Shouldn't they win a few games before they call one of their big brothers a rivalry game? Get serious, UCF fans. You're dreaming.
Reader

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 31, 2008
 
Maybe I don't follow the stats enough, but - is it me, or according to the Orlando Sentinel, every team in C-USA these days has a "budding rivalry" with UCF??? Just a thought.
RAS

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 31, 2008
 
Hummell wrote:
It's funny how all of UCF's Rivalry's are against teams they can hardly ever beat. They NEVER beat USF and call that a "rivalry". They are 1-6 against ECU and call that a "rivalry". Shouldn't they win a few games before they call one of their big brothers a rivalry game? Get serious, UCF fans. You're dreaming.
Hummell: Do you have any update on the USF vs Cinci score? This is a great rivalry
UCFer

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 31, 2008
 
Hummell wrote:
It's funny how all of UCF's Rivalry's are against teams they can hardly ever beat. They NEVER beat USF and call that a "rivalry". They are 1-6 against ECU and call that a "rivalry". Shouldn't they win a few games before they call one of their big brothers a rivalry game? Get serious, UCF fans. You're dreaming.
A rival is a competing person, company, or team.Pairs of schools, colleges and universities, especially when they are close to each other either geographically or in their areas of specialization, often establish a college rivalry with each other over the years. This rivalry can extend to both academics and athletics, the latter being typically more well-known to the general public. These schools place an added emphasis on emerging victorious in any event that includes their rival.
OlearyLookAlike

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 31, 2008
 
And remember season ticket holders, you over paid by $30 a ticket by supporting UCF by buying season tickets instead of waiting for UCF to bascially give them away!
RAS

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 31, 2008
 
UCFer wrote:
<quoted text>A rival is a competing person, company, or team.Pairs of schools, colleges and universities, especially when they are close to each other either geographically or in their areas of specialization, often establish a college rivalry with each other over the years. This rivalry can extend to both academics and athletics, the latter being typically more well-known to the general public. These schools place an added emphasis on emerging victorious in any event that includes their rival.
Please stop bullying "hummell" with logic.
DFWKnight

Lyndhurst, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 31, 2008
 
Hummell wrote:
It's funny how all of UCF's Rivalry's are against teams they can hardly ever beat. They NEVER beat USF and call that a "rivalry". They are 1-6 against ECU and call that a "rivalry". Shouldn't they win a few games before they call one of their big brothers a rivalry game? Get serious, UCF fans. You're dreaming.
Congrats to USF on a great game last night.
Winter Park Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 31, 2008
 
What do USF and ECU have in common? The same number of CUSA championships.

ZERO
whatever

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 31, 2008
 
Winter Park Native wrote:
What do USF and ECU have in common? The same number of CUSA championships.
ZERO
Put away your glue bottle and stop sniffing.
UCF just won the CUSA title last year. And, with only 4 seasons in CUSA, we're not likely to have any rivalries develop yet. So, we look to the more competative games against the better teams in our division.
Our only natural rival is a local school (pu**ies) that wins the games and still drops us for 1AA teams. So, we take what we can.
Hummell

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 31, 2008
 
UCF, the largest community college in the nation.
The Real Reality Check

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 31, 2008
 
Hummell wrote:
UCF, the largest community college in the nation.
Which unfortunately for you, turned down your application
UCF

Cape Canaveral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 31, 2008
 
Hummell is that ugly b.i.t.c.h from ECU's rivals board...To bad you are too stupid to read the article and see that Kass states.. "I think there is," Kass said. "There's a lot of guys who are from the state of Florida. Whether we played against them or with them down in Central Florida, I think there's a bit of a rivalry because everyone knows each other.

"A lot of us either played on the same teams or played against each other in high school. And our teams are always competitive, so there's a lot of intensity getting ready for this game."
Hummell

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 31, 2008
 
No, all kidding aside. Where did UCF get the aluminum tin alloy they used to build their stadium stands? One of the local high schools in the area is looking to add more seating and they're looking for a low-budget solution.
RAS

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 31, 2008
 
Hummell wrote:
No, all kidding aside. Where did UCF get the aluminum tin alloy they used to build their stadium stands? One of the local high schools in the area is looking to add more seating and they're looking for a low-budget solution.
You'd think with a nose like this your coach would "sniff" a C-USA or Big East Championship by now. Not happening losers!!

Aluminum stadium is better than no stadium. By the way, do you still play home games with the Buccs logo on the field? just wondering.
Deputy Dog

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 31, 2008
 
UCF wrote:
Hummell is that ugly b.i.t.c.h from ECU's rivals board...To bad you are too stupid to read the article and see that Kass states.. "I think there is," Kass said. "There's a lot of guys who are from the state of Florida. Whether we played against them or with them down in Central Florida, I think there's a bit of a rivalry because everyone knows each other.
"A lot of us either played on the same teams or played against each other in high school. And our teams are always competitive, so there's a lot of intensity getting ready for this game."
A lot of (yawn) intensity over UCF and ECU. Yeah, we'll all be watching on ESPN 37 with a rating share of three.
UCF Realist

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 31, 2008
 
Last week - the Sentinel reported that UCF had a rivalry growing with Tusla. Make up your mind... everyone conference game UCF plays cannot be a potential rivalry. Duh.
UCF Realist

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 31, 2008
 
Winter Park Native wrote:
What do USF and ECU have in common? The same number of CUSA championships.
ZERO
That may be true - but with UCF's crappy play this year - if UCF pulls another CUSA title it will be an enbarassment to the conference.
USF owns UCF

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 31, 2008
 
The Flipping the Finger Losers at it again. You may own a stadium from recycle aluminum cans , but our leased stadium is our Lexus compared to that glorified aluminum recycling plant.
cuda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 31, 2008
 
Why can't I read a single article without people from USF talking trash?
USF Blows

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 31, 2008
 
USF owns UCF wrote:
The Flipping the Finger Losers at it again. You may own a stadium from recycle aluminum cans , but our leased stadium is our Lexus compared to that glorified aluminum recycling plant.
At least UCF makes big $ from their on campus stadium...where as Usf makes next to nothing on their deal with the Bucs. I am curious, did u enjoy the ESPN game last nite? I did!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••