Sherrington: Mack Brown can handle hard times at Texas, but he needs to act quickly

Dec 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Dallas Morning News

The Era of Good Feelings, first documented in President Monroe's two terms and revived at Texas under Vince Young and his successor, Colt McCoy, is over.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
jig

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Judged:

The Horns need players and coaches who really want to be at Texas. In retrospect, Muschump was never really all into being at Texas, now that he has said that Florida was the only place he ever really wanted. We need Texas bred players and coaches who want to play and coach with their hearts and are willing to "die" for the HONOR of their STATE and SCHOOL. Brown needs to put his recruiting skills to work to acquire the best coaches, just as he recruits the best players.
long horn mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

hire mike leach get some excitement and offense for two years then turn over to apple white
Larry from Cleburne

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Judged:

Well I would have to say Mack Brown has a big problem. If he thinks the 2010 season was bad he should look into the future. It really looks bad for Texas. I just hope that he doesn't leave Apple
White out of the picture. You know he did that to
him one time before, and it proberly cost Texas the
National Championship. Mack better get it on, and do something..........

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2010

Judged:

jig wrote:
The Horns need players and coaches who really want to be at Texas. In retrospect, Muschump was never really all into being at Texas, now that he has said that Florida was the only place he ever really wanted. We need Texas bred players and coaches who want to play and coach with their hearts and are willing to "die" for the HONOR of their STATE and SCHOOL. Brown needs to put his recruiting skills to work to acquire the best coaches, just as he recruits the best players.
Muschamp would have loved to have been the 'horns head coach, but how long did anyone really expect him to sit and wait for Brown to retire? Unfortunately, Muschamp worked Texas recruit so well he is bound to bleed some talent over the next several years over to Florida...
BillM

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

long horn mom wrote:
hire mike leach get some excitement and offense for two years then turn over to apple white
Well said
BillM

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Well put

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••